Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,472 members, 7,974,915 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:07 PM

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? - Culture (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? (138524 Views)

Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior / Half Somalis (pictures) / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (67) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2013
[quote author=somal][/quote]
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somal: 11:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
Radoillo: First time I'm hearing someone say Somalis have a richer history/culture than Nigerians. I would have understood if he said Ethiopians...but Somalis? LOL.

Idiot untill 1,000 years ago, Somalis were the same as Ethiopians. We left after we became muslim. And we had sultanates that defeated the Portugese and the ethiopians and we were the first to use cannons in africa.

Meanwhile the last 500 years you guys were all slaves in west africa. So take a seat.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 11:04pm On Sep 28, 2013
Radoillo: First time I'm hearing someone say Somalis have a richer history/culture than Nigerians. I would have understood if he said Ethiopians...but Somalis? LOL.
lool! The deranged poverty sticken monkey doesn't know nigeria is a collection of over 360 ethnic groups!!!! Lmaooooo ! grin a single state in nigeria,taraba state got abot 70 tribes more than the whole africa,the niggeeer has been smoking weeds through his anus lately grin lmfaoooo
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 11:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

Idiot untill 1,000 years ago, Somalis were the same as Ethiopians. We left after we became muslim. And we had sultanates that defeated the Portugese and the ethiopians and we were the first to use cannons in africa.

Meanwhile the last 500 years you guys were all slaves in west africa. So take a seat.
abdi grin pls calm ur t!ts h0rny gaytoad,how many times will i have to tell u ur history is crap and trash,u monkeys were alone (on ur on) the arabs captured y'all monkeys,made u accept their religion and then freed! Somalia..11 what's the name of the religion ur kind practiced b4 the coming of the arabs and mention the gods worshipped??

The slave doesn't even know grin grin..lmfaoooo! Remember ur 700yrs of slavery,u inferior being
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

Dude, stop trying so hard to attach to Ethiopian heritage. Somalia is entirely a cushitic-speaking country. The greatest achievements of Ethiopia weren't made by people who speak Cushitic tongues. But by the Amhara who speak Semitic and immigrated from Southern Arabia. Culturally, Somalia and Ethiopia are as distinct as italy and Turkey. Speak for ur herder tribes and stop attaching to Ethiopia.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
Kindly outline Somali achievements.

And please enslaving Bantus isn't an achievement. It doesn't take great mental ability to enslave people. Even Savages have enslaved more civilized peoples in the past.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somal: 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
Adamskuty: abdi grin pls calm ur t!ts h0rny gaytoad,how many times will i have to tell u ur history is crap and trash,u monkeys were alone (on ur on) the arabs captured y'all monkeys,made u accept their religion and then freed! Somalia..11 what's the name of the religion ur kind practiced b4 the coming of the arabs and mention the gods worshipped??

The slave doesn't even know grin grin..lmfaoooo! Remember ur 700yrs of slavery,u inferior being

Somalis worshipped Waq, and their are cities named after that god; Ceelwaq (well of waq), Cabudwaq (worship waq) and Some oromos worship waq to this day.

Arabs never enslaved Somalis as they ran to Abysinia to seek refuge. And somalis accepted Islam and their was never a war between arabs and cushitic people. Untill Somalis invaded Ethiopia and asked for help from the arabs and turks after the Ethiopians called for the Portugese.

Their has never been a documented slave of somalis by arabs ever. If you can find it let me know. Cause somalis accepted Islam freely, no arab army ever came to somalia let alone forced us and converted us.

This desperate attempt to make up history tells me you have nothing to say about somalis history, as you know very well it is much richer than all of west africa.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somal: 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
Radoillo: Kindly outline Somali achievements.

And please enslaving Bantus isn't an achievement. It doesn't take great mental ability to enslave people. Even Savages have enslaved more civilized peoples in the past.

Somali achievements go back 1,300 years when they separated from Ethiopia. Before that Ethiopia and Somalia were one people and had Aksum and many other empires.

Somalis at one point had the most ships in the muslim world.

Somalis were the first to use canons

Somalis never lost a war.

Somalia has the oldest cave paintings in the world in Hergaysa

Somalia is the only country in africa to be named after an ethnicity

Somalis were the first to defeat a European Power

Somalis had the longest war against colonialist for over 28 years

Somalis were the first to be bombed in africa

Somalia is one of two countries to have its national language as its own langauge (the other is Ethiopia)

Somalis still practice the oldest indeginous law; xeer (still in practice and the oldest in practice)

Their is much more as i am not a historian.

But thats all i know for the past 1,300 years

Before that Somalis were part of Aksum and Abyssinia as all the cushitic people were.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 29, 2013
somal:

Somali achievements go back 1,300 years when they separated from Ethiopia. Before that Ethiopia and Somalia were one people and had Aksum and many other empires.

Somalis at one point had the most ships in the muslim world.

Somalis were the first to use canons

Somalis never lost a war.

Somalia has the oldest cave paintings in the world in Hergaysa

Somalia is the only country in africa to be named after an ethnicity

Somalis were the first to defeat a European Power

Somalis had the longest war against colonialist for over 28 years

Somalis were the first to be bombed in africa

Somalia is one of two countries to have its national language as its own langauge (the other is Ethiopia)

Somalis still practice the oldest indeginous law; xeer (still in practice and the oldest in practice)

Their is much more as i am not a historian.

But thats all i know for the past 1,300 years

Before that Somalis were part of Aksum and Abyssinia as all the cushitic people were.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. The kingdom of Aksum was located in the central Ethiopian highlands. It had nothing to do with Somalis. The aksumite aristocracy did not even speak Cushitic. They spoke a semitic language. The only way descendants of modern Somalis could have been connected with Aksum is as tribute-paying subjects.

Somalis were the first to use canons...Really? Before the Chinese and the Arabs?

Somalis never lost a war? Yet the italians and the british and the french carved up Somali territory during colonial rule. Did Somalis go to sleep one night and wake up the following morning to discover they had lost their independence to, not one, but 3 European Powers...without a struggle?

LOL, young man, the oldest cave painting in the world isn't in Somalia... Its in Spain.

Somalia isn't the only African country named after an ethnic group! Lesotho is named after the Sotho people. And there are other examples.

Apparently, being bombed is now an achievement. LMAO!

Please when did Somalia defeat an European power? I need dates because I know Southern Africans around the coast of Mozambique were whupping Portuguese a.rse before the Scramble for Africa.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somal: 12:18am On Sep 29, 2013
Radoillo:

I've said it before. I'll say it again. The kingdom of Aksum was located in the central Ethiopian highlands. It had nothing to do with Somalis. The aksumite aristocracy did not even speak Cushitic. They spoke a semitic language. The only way descendants of modern Somalis could have been connected with Aksum is as tribute-paying subjects.

Somalis were the first to use canons...Really? Before the Chinese and the Arabs?

Somalis never lost a war? Yet the italians and the british and the french carved up Somali territory during colonial rule. Did Somalis go to sleep one night and wake up the following morning to discover they had lost their independence to, not one, but 3 European Powers...without a struggle?

LOL, young man, the oldest cave painting in the world isn't in Somalia... Its in Spain.

Somalia isn't the only African country named after an ethnic group! Lesotho is named after the Sotho people. And there are other examples.

Please when did Somalia defeat an European power? I need dates because I know Southern Africans around the coast of Mozambique were whupping Portuguese a.rse before the Scramble for Africa.

Do you know somalis originated in the highlands of ethiopia?

the oldest cave paintings is in somalia, laas cannod

We never lost a war, Italy and somalia invaded ethiopia. The british in the north were confined to the ports.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 29, 2013
somal:

Dude your not somali, bugg offf. who spells majertaaine like that. lmao

No somali would be acting the way you are. and you have no idea about somali culture.

No arabs owned land in somalia. and somalis were never farmers they made the bantus do the farming.

that lack of knowledge gave you up son. and majertaine are in the south where it is a desert.

Mijayrtayn are southies?? since when lmao bitch boy where is Puntland located?

My Somali is not very strong but I know my abtirsi all the way up to Abdurahman Ismaeel Al-Jabarti lad stfu.

I never said Arabs enslaved Somalis I said they owned land there and that is true. Parts of Merca, Xamar, Barawa and even Bendar Qasim (modern day Bosaso) were owned by rich Omanis. You need to learn your history boy.

I also said Bantus were used in plantations and farms not Somalis ya ibn 7imaar wax fahan.

and about the way I spelled Mijayrtayn lol look below. Also it is my clan I can spell it which ever way I like, now gtfo.

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 29, 2013
somal:

Do you know somalis originated in the highlands of ethiopia?

the oldest cave paintings is in somalia, laas cannod

We never lost a war, Italy and somalia invaded ethiopia. The british in the north were confined to the ports.

Do you know mankind originated in Africa? Does that make every Homo sapiens African?

Cave paintings in Spain = 40,000 years ago
Cave paintings in Namibia, Southern Africa = 27,000 years ago
Cave paintings from Hergyasa, Somalia= 5,000 years ago.

Do the math, Somali grin
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 12:46am On Sep 29, 2013
Radoillo:

Do you know mankind originated in Africa? Does that make every Homo sapiens African?

Cave paintings in Spain = 40,000 years ago
Cave paintings in Namibia, Southern Africa = 27,000 years ago
Cave paintings from Hergyasa, Somalia= 5,000 years ago.

Do the math, Somali grin

lmfaoooo! Somaliaaa grin grin

the zoo inhabitants are one cunny creatures grin
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 12:47am On Sep 29, 2013
yousuf12:

Mijayrtayn are southies?? since when lmao bitch boy where is Puntland located?

My Somali is not very strong but I know my abtirsi all the way up to Abdurahman Ismaeel Al-Jabarti lad stfu.

I never said Arabs enslaved Somalis I said they owned land there and that is true. Parts of Merca, Xamar, Barawa and even Bendar Qasim (modern day Bosaso) were owned by rich Omanis. You need to learn your history boy.

I also said Bantus were used in plantations and farms not Somalis ya ibn 7imaar wax fahan.

and about the way I spelled Mijayrtayn lol look below. Also it is my clan I can spell it which ever way I like, now gtfo.
do u know that's ayanle a.k.a somalia11 with another account?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 29, 2013
By the way the british soundly defeated the Somalis in 1920. At various times before that, they lost battles to the Ethiopians and the Portuguese. Militarily, Somalia's history is quite impressive. But its just wrong to say they've never been defeated.

Read ur history.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 12:52am On Sep 29, 2013
Radoillo:

[b] I've said it before. I'll say it again. The kingdom of Aksum was located in the central Ethiopian highlands. It had nothing to do with Somalis. The aksumite aristocracy did not even speak Cushitic. They spoke a semitic language. The only way descendants of modern Somalis could have been connected with Aksum is as tribute-paying subjects.

Please when did Somalia defeat an European power? I need dates because I know Southern Africans around the coast of Mozambique were whupping Portuguese a.rse before the Scramble for Africa. [/b]
the beast tried so hard to fool me but i never fell for his lies!
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 29, 2013
Radoillo: By the way the british soundly defeated the Somalis in 1920. At various times before that, they lost battles to the Ethiopians and the Portuguese. Militarily, Somalia's history is quite impressive. But its just wrong to say they've never been defeated.

Read ur history.

There were Somalis assisting the British that is a well known fact and also only a fraction of Somalis took part of the Dervish-British wars.

You need to differentiate Somalis and Somalia. Somalia is only 53years old!

Also Somalis were part of Axum, they spoke multiple languages just like the Somalis in Ethiopia speak Somali, Amharic and Tigray. The Sultanates of Ifat and Adal consisted of Somalis and they spoke Arabic officially because of their mission, they also spoke Somali as a local language. So what is your point?

The Ajuuraan were kicking portuguese arse since day one, you should read up on that. So did the Adalites with their leader Imam Ahmed Ghazi.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 29, 2013
yousuf12:

There were Somalis assisting the British that is a well known fact and also only a fraction of Somalis took part of the Dervish-British wars.

You need to differentiate Somalis and Somalia. Somalia is only 53years old!

Also Somalis were part of Axum, they spoke multiple languages just like the Somalis in Ethiopia speak Somali, Amharic and Tigray. The Sultanates of Ifat and Adal consisted of Somalis and they spoke Arabic officially because of their mission, they also spoke Somali as a local language. So what is your point?

The Ajuuraan were kicking portuguese arse since day one, you should read up on that. So did the Adalites with their leader Imam Ahmed Ghazi.

I'll say it again: certain Somali clans were part of Axum, the way parts of modern Sudan and Southern Arabia were part of Axum. The real innovators of that civilization, however, were Semitic-speakers who settled in Central Ethiopia. They were not Somalis. They were part-Arabian, part-Cushitic. And they spoke a Semitic, not a Cushitic language. England cannot claim the Roman Empire as theirs, simply because England once formed part of the Roman Empire. Somalis can't claim Axum simply because they were once ruled by Axumite kings. Axum wasn't the creation of Somalis. Its really that simple.

Considering the military achievements of Somalis, I've already admitted Somalis did great in that department. My only problem is with people who say Somalis have NEVER been defeated. That one is a lie!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by pendo89(f): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2013
This somali/yousuf takes on a different ursername when cornered/defeated ? not courageous at all.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
Why are all of your threads skin-colour themed?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 2:13am On Sep 30, 2013
@Radoillo If Somalis were part of the Kingdom of Axum then they have every right to claim it regardless of the people in power and their ethnic origin. The Kingdom of Axum is an East African accomplishment. It is like saying Adaris/Hararis cannot claim the accomplishment of Imam Ahmed Ghazi because Imam Ahmed Ghazi was somali and not Harari even thought Hararis made up a huge number of the Adali military.
In the same way Somalis at that time were under the Axumite Kingdom which ruled from Egypt to Somalia and from Sudan to Saudi Arabia.

Until the arrival of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh the Somalis were pretty much abyssinians, they split from the rest when they converted to Islam. They established the Ifat Sultanate which ruled parts of Eritrea, Ethiopia, Djibouti and North Somalia. The capital was Zayla' in the beginning then it was changed to Harar.

I didn't say Somalis are undefeated Somal did and he's trolling.

@Pendo what are you on about?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 4:54am On Sep 30, 2013
yousuf12: Lol Sambos you seem like a decent guy, I'll explain what I meant to you.

I live in London yh I've seen many Fulanis, especially in Uni. One of them thought I was Arab at first but only approached me when I told the group we were working with that I am Somali. His name was Madiou and he is from Burkina Faso. He was the one who educated me about the Fulanis and he said that Fulanis are closely related to Somalis/ethiopians hence the similarities in their appearance. Now where this comes from a Fulani man himself so I'm not claiming them at all!
He isn't the only Fulani I know, I know these two dimes I used to date back in Uni as well Khadijatou and Gibba. They both told me the same thing.Their words not mine! You guys are getting overprotective as if we are taking Fulanis away from you grin we are EA's and proud keep our distant Berberi cousins.

Adam wait till I go on my laptop grin we will have a picture war!
Posting pictures of nilotic/Bantus from south western Ethiopia won't save you hah. Brace yourself newly crowned charcant the storm might wipe you away grin For your own sake DO NOT post pics of your deceased grandad on a public forum because you want to prove a point in this pointless argument you buffoon lmao.

Ps sambos mate I'm trolling man most of the shit that I'm about to post have no basis it is all fun and jokes. If you can't take a joke and throw one back then I suggest you stop reading this topic for good.

That is called Fulani inferiority complex we are not related to Somalis but we do share the same religion. Also you do realize that Sambo is a Fulani word and in Burkina Faso they would call it Samba. Sambo means 2nd born son. Just like Kumbo means 2nd born daughter. If you truly know Fulanis then you would have known that Sambo means 2nd born son in Fulfulde.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
Fulaman198:

That is called Fulani inferiority complex we are not related to Somalis but we do share the same religion. Also you do realize that Sambo is a Fulani word and in Burkina Faso they would call it Samba. Sambo means 2nd born son. Just like Kumbo means 2nd born daughter. If you truly know Fulanis then you would have known that Sambo means 2nd born son in Fulfulde.

I don't speak the Fulani language nor am I Fulani myself. I just know a few of your people.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nyumba(m): 10:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
They are black. Try to go in Europe saying you are not black and let's see. I had an Ethiopian friend and he was considered black as me. When he mysteriously disappeared my classmates started saying he returned to Ethiopia to live like tarzan, climbing on trees. I tried so much to teach them the geography of Ethiopia and its history. Nope, racism was strong with them.

He was highly respected before and he was some sort of Alpha male (an important male in a little society) but nothing stopped who I was considering as my friends to make jokes behind him.

Conclusion:
I know there is no a unite Africa etc etc, but your first enemies are absolutely not other africans.

Somalis are absolutely black, and you seem some sort of UK troll hahahahahahahahaha
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by PAPAAFRICA: 5:14am On Oct 01, 2013
Radoillo:

Dude, stop trying so hard to attach to Ethiopian heritage. Somalia is entirely a cushitic-speaking country. The greatest achievements of Ethiopia weren't made by people who speak Cushitic tongues. But by the Amhara who speak Semitic and immigrated from Southern Arabia. Culturally, Somalia and Ethiopia are as distinct as italy and Turkey. Speak for ur herder tribes and stop attaching to Ethiopia.
that thing about aksumites immigration from southern arabia isn't considered fact anymore from what I've read.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (67)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.