Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,817 members, 7,966,016 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:16 AM

GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards (6655 Views)

National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List / Patrick Obahiagbon On National Awards! The Guy Dey Vex! / The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2012
[size=18pt]Nigeria the only country that has higher record of people honored for achievement than its recorded achievements[/size]

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by obraye: 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2012
The body language of Mr President shows weakness.Setting up a committee to look into those with questionable character is a waste of time and money.All he needs is to revoke the national award given to those with questionable character.Some of them have been tried, prosecuted, jailed, release and moving as ex-convict with our award.What a country??
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by dnative(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
he should start with the man in the mirror
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by kennytidistar(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
i am already a member of the federal republic (MFR) by birth. not even jona can strip me of that! GBAM.

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 18, 2012
While he wants to strip which I doubt will happen, he is giving more questionable characters awards. Who is governor Uduaghan to be given an award? The man can not account for even 10% of capital expenditure since he became governor. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by Classicalman(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
He should start by stripping his predecessor, Baba Iyabo of his GCFR because he squandered billions on power with little or no effect.
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
SEEMESEEMEO: I think good luck should strip himself off the presidential sit first
aboki,watch ur dirty mouth
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by honeric01(m): 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2012
Dr2great: aboki,watch ur dirty mouth

Why should he?
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by DExplorer1: 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2012
Good job Mr. President. Corrupt or questionable characters do not deserve to retain our honors.
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by COOLDUN: 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
This man and his government is totally confused, I have been to many western world countries. The national award is not an annual event. It takes some years in some countries so that the awardees could be well scrutinized, monitored and assessed. A national honorary award is not given at any slightest chance. What is the need of giving an award to a criminal who pretended for a little time only to begin his acts after receiving the award? Then few, days, months or years you retrieve your award from him or her after he or she might have gotten all what he/she needs through the respects and honors that follows the award. This government should know that there are so many things that face them and not these irrelevant awards dishing out things. Following the events of things in Nigeria since 1985, majority of these awardees are not qualified to win their awards. We know that it is a politically motivated ventures and gestures to settle the associates. We have to borrow leaves from the western people who we are copying and do things right. Nigeria is a jungle when it comes to good characters which is the first and most important factors that attracts the awards. Cecilia Ibru,James Ibori, Bankole family, Ette,Oteh,Hembe,Umaru Dikko,OBJ,IBB,Alamesiagha,Silver,GEJ,Odetola,Dangote,Adenuga,Orji Uzo Kalu, Martin Elechi, Theodore Orji,Dora Akinyuli etc, are not eligible for their respective awards. These are the sponsors of the insecurity we are witnessing in this country today. From Terrorism, Kidnapping, Ritual killings, Cabalism, cannibalism, Exploitation, Cultism, Inflation. GEJ, has turned the national awards as a mere issuance of First School Leaving Certificate, which is the commonest certificate in the Education sector. There is no point retrieving the awarded certificate, after all you know them very well before dishing out the valueless Awards. You don’t have any serious duty at the Aso Rock. Enjoy your life. Able PHD presido.
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by escobar07(m): 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
He's bluffing. Poppycock!
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by Kay1kay1(m): 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
honeric01:

Why should he?

. . .'laptop army'. . .
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by emorse(m): 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill: He just makes it soooo easy to mock him, it takes the fun away undecided
I tell you!
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
Retardeen Jonathan is getting worse by the day.

Why give awards first before scrutinizing

Do you marry a wife before knwoing her?
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by luluosas(m): 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
afam4eva: So, how does one qualify for the Questionable character award
No kill person with laugh oh. He said recipients of the National Honours Award previously with 'questionable' character now, will be strip of their awards.
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by yohannazack(m): 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
Why not confirm the character of dos individuals befo givn them the awards? I think thats nonsense. He shuld be strip of his presidential sit first.
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by TUMIC(m): 7:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
The question I want to ask is this,
DOES THE HONOR GIVER HIMSELF DESERVE HONOR?
How can an arm robber pray for a thief?
And please tell me in Nigeria,
WHO IS AN HONEST MAN?
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by honeric01(m): 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
Kay1kay1:

. . .'laptop army'. . .

Whatyamean?
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by Orikinla(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
Who will strip GEJ of his own? grin
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by Vernor(m): 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
From ur analysis, d buck stops whr? d Presi leeps b4 he look. Thk u. The same goes to ministerial appointment. Some people just scheme their way through. For example ; if a slot is allocated to a governor base on quota system and he brings only one thief, can the president decide otherwise? The solution to this is to give an independent body power to screen these people through public opinion before the final announcement.[/quote]
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by momomomo: 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
i have a refublished one to sell. check me out www.checkout.com
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by tnktosin(m): 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
grin grin grin i love my president, he's d funniest man alive grin grin grin
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by cutejoe1(m): 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pls d ist shuld be Gov Emmanuel uduaghan!
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 10:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
Dr2great: aboki,watch ur dirty mouth
u are a fool...ode!
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by taharqa: 11:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
The most important that ought to be done is to totally exclude ALL serving government officials from the awards if credibility is to be restored to the awards. How do you 'honour' a person just cos he attained a position in staed of what he did while in the position(which will be determined AFTER the official may have left that position).

Also, though the number of awardees were almost halved this year(from 359 last year to 145 this year- which is commendable), I feel that the number of persons ought to be reduced even further. All strata of the society should also be considered in subsequent awards as the President just directed.
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by koruji(m): 3:13am On Sep 19, 2012
He is not ashamed to say that he has given national honors to possibly questionable characters.

What an unserious fellow for a president.
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by achinu(m): 4:21am On Sep 19, 2012
I hope GEJ includes himself on that list!!! Where does he get the moral audacity to strip other ppl of National Awards due to their character when his azz is of questionable character? Naija never ceases to amaze me, pot calling kettle black angry angry
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by demitola(m): 7:03am On Sep 19, 2012
take dat: GEJ as usual,after dishing out honors to them he now wants to investigate those that their current credibility is questionable.The same thing he said last year while the likes of madam Ibru still wears their badge of honor.
Men like Lai Alabi who is still under investigation for his role in the Joy petroleum and Intercontinental bank saga is given national award for diverting depositors fund
i wonder too o, is diz our prezy reali a r*tardeen?
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by Magicdon(m): 7:58am On Sep 19, 2012
sad I keep imagining why is the man that returned thousands of dollar left in his car by a white man equivalent to 18 million naira was not awarded national honors. Is it because he dint hail from an influential background or because he is a taxi driver! Rubbish Award!!
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by odomanis: 9:51am On Sep 19, 2012
Nigerians, especially nairalanders find it difficult to read. You people are just responding to a misleading topic. GEJ asked the award committee to review the names of all the awardees from inception till date and report anyone of them who has derailed and now has questionable character. He was not referring to the current recipients. He has put in place a formidable committeeled by retired CJN Alfa Belgore who cannot just bring a person of questionable character for the honours.He also charged the current recipients to be role models to the comming generation. If after receiving the award and you go and indulge in questionable behaviour,the award shall be strip off you.It is not a right but a priviledge. That it can be withdrawn if one does no longer meet with the qualification,simple. That is just what the President is saying. I dont know how this is difficult to understand.
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by seyman2012(m): 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
I'm a guy in my early twenties,i have dis bump at the back of my head,i feel ashamed all d time and i have used different acne cream but it doesnt seems to work,recently sum1 referred me to go to one bumps treatment centre,wen i get dere,d doctor told me d bumps is now big dat i will av to pay 35000naira,i was shocked cos i dont av any money & my parents are poor.I've tried seekin for a job but i couldnt secure any.The doctor told me if i didnt treat it on time d bump will become hard to treat again and i dont want that to happen.Pls guys i really need your assistance.No amount is too small,just wanna get dis thing off d back of my head.My number 08099743987
Re: GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards by seyman2012(m): 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2012
I'm a guy in my early twenties,i have dis bump at the back of my head,i feel ashamed all d time and i have used different acne cream bt it doesnt seems to work,recently sum1 referred me 2 go 2 one bumps treatment centre,wen i get dere,d doctor told me d bumps is now big dat i will av to pay 35000naira,i was shocked cos i dont av any money & my parents are poor.I've tried seekin for a job but i couldnt secure any.The doctor told me if i didnt treat it on time d bump will become hard to treat again and i dont want that to happen.Pls guys i really need your assistance.No amount is too small,just wanna get dis thing off d back of my head.My number 08099743987

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report / Buhari Cabinet: Fashola Tipped For Attorney General And Minister For Justice / Legal Method Of Obtaining Personal Police Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.