Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,823 members, 7,924,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 06:14 PM

The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion (18524 Views)

An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. / The Argument Against Atheism In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

I am content to be ridiculed by dolts. You surely don't imagine that I am concerned about ridicule from people who can hardly think?

You have never advanced a single original thought on this forum. All you do is ask others to stop thinking.

How and why should I be concerned at ridicule from such a man?

Or ridicule from liars?

Yet you call someone else a liar ?

The nerve !!

I explained my position, dont blame me for your lack of comprehension. I never asked anyone to stop thinking. I simply said things should be placed in their own perspective. Fact is fact, opinion is not !

I've tried to treat you like a kid on this forum but it seems I'm doing you no favours.

You are actually quite bereft of intellectual foundation, which is why you bring up the most idiotic issues in their most undiluted form. You seem to think native intelligence has an answer to everything.

Later you will pull out your victim card.

Joker !

Oh and original thought ?

What a laugh !!!

Point to one that is yours.

All you can do is call names. Thats your specialty. undecided

Baby.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
mkmyers45: I Asked: You Said: I then Said: You Said: I Replied: and what did you then say? NOTHING but going ahead to accuse me of bieng lazy wtf?

Oh that. Sorry. I just couldn't think of a better answer than Mr Anony's return with the analogy of velocity and time. I quite agreed with him and since the game involved me and him, you and Plaetton, I figured you could carry on with an answer to him.

Anyhow, if you want a return from me, I ask instead what is energy?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by mkmyers45(m): 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

There is nothing strange, special or unusually absurd about the idea that God is ONE and INFINITE.

This has been the perception of most of mankind throughout the ages up till this day.

There is nothing unsual in seeing ancient inscriptions as highly suggestive of extra terrestial origins.

In normal archaelogy, if a piece of paper is found with someone's name on it, it is taken as evidence. It beats me that people seek to apply double standards with highly suggestive ancient art works that depict and strongly suggest such things.

I am an artist. You won't get that one.

This happens every day. Still happened even this week. Please leave my dreams alone. If you want prophecy, i will dream and give you your future ok? But if you don't believe, then leave me to my delusions.

Stop obsessing. All of the above just appears as what it is: a desperate attempt to cobble together what you think is irrational in my views or past. Give it up mate. I ain't your ex girlfriend, am I?

Can i get a free reading?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
jayriginal:

Yet you call someone else a liar ?

The nerve !!

I explained my position, dont blame me for your lack of comprehension. I never asked anyone to stop thinking. I simply said things should be placed in their own perspective. Fact is fact, opinion is not !

I've tried to treat you like a kid on this forum but it seems I'm doing you no favours.

You are actually quite bereft of intellectual foundation, which is why you bring up the most idiotic issues in their most undiluted form. You seem to think native intelligence has an answer to everything.

Later you will pull out your victim card.

Joker !

Oh and original thought ?

What a laugh !!!

Point to one that is yours.

All you can do is call names. Thats your specialty. undecided

Baby.

Hope the c/u/m is out now.

Ah, breathe.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
If it is to cheer-lead insulting Deep Sight, you arise with your desperate inferiority complex. Give it up mate. I ain't your ex girlfriend, am I?

You do realize that I made the case that YOU have an inferiority complex.

You seek approval. That much is clear.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
mkmyers45: Can i get a free reading?

Well its involuntary. I have no control over what I may dream about. And it may be useless to you anyways.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

Hope the c/u/m is out now.

Ah, breathe.

Be quiet jor.

Learn you some basics.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2012
jayriginal:

You do realize that I made the case that YOU have an inferiority complex.

You seek approval. That much is clear.

Ah, breathe.

Hmmmm? Breathe.

I am not the source of your issues ok?

Stop obsessing on a faceless person on a faceless forum.

You don't stalk, do you. I hope not.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
Third lie.
You're on a roll. Carry on.
You must have a PHD in the art and science of shameless lying.
Frankly I think this just shows you are horribly out of your depth, or suffering from a bad case of inferiority. Don't take it out on me.

Lol, Pentecostals are special. That's not an insult, it's a fact. And you are not exposed enough and that's why you hold your special ideas and think everyone who doesn't agree is an osuofia, even when they know more than you. That not an insult either, ancient aliens....l

Lmao
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

Ah, breathe.

Hmmmm? Breathe.

I am not the source of your issues ok?

Stop obsessing on a faceless person on a faceless forum.

You don't stalk, do you. I hope not.

No I dont stalk, and no I dont have issues. I dont seek approval either

What else?

Bringing the victim card out on the sly are we ? wink
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
Martian:

Lol, Pentecostals are special.

You know very well your comment followed on Jay's and as such formed a whole: which is what you intended. I am notoriously thick skinned and do not mind a good ribbing. It's fun. Just direct it at me and not at people who do not know.

That's not an insult, it's a fact. And you are not exposed enough and that's why you hold your special ideas. That not an insult either, ancient aliens proved that.

Lmao

This is an Assumption, Argument from Ignorance, Imagination, and based on emotions.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
jayriginal:

No I dont stalk, and no I dont have issues. I dont seek approval either

What else?

Bringing the victim card out on the sly are we ? wink

Lol, just giving as good as I get. Don't cry.

You see, you lot have proved something cardinal here: namely that you have no point to make on the substantive discussion. Ad hominems all the way, and it is usual. I threw out direct posers for your buddy martian. Rather than answer them head-on, he is worried about ancient aliens or how "exposed" I am. Abeg. Just assume I am a village man. Answer my questions. No aliens will help you answer them.

And I comfortably predicted that he neither could nor would address those questions.

So. . . . . hey!
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
You know very well your comment followed on Jay's and as such formed a whole: which is what you intended. I am notoriously thick skinned and do not mind a good ribbing. It's fun. Just direct it at me and not at people who do not know. This is an Assumption, Argument from Ignorance, Imagination, and based on emotions.

grin if the penticostals and the other special people you have around you knew anything worth knowing, they would have told you that your arguments are based on the bolded.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by mkmyers45(m): 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Oh that. Sorry. I just couldn't think of a better answer than Mr Anony's return with the analogy of velocity and time. I quite agreed with him and since the game involved me and him, you and Plaetton, I figured you could carry on with an answer to him.

Anyhow, if you want a return from me, I ask instead what is energy?
Aww how sweet..What is not between me and you? Anony's Analogy is extremely flawed..Velocity and Time are just relative [there are several equations relating in diffrent forms] while Mass and Energy are constituents of each other..
The total energy contained in an object is identified with its mass, and energy cannot be created or destroyed. When matter (ordinary material particles) is changed into
energy (such as energy of motion,
or into radiation), the mass of the system does not change through
the transformation process.
If you feel im wrong then why dont come forward correct and debunk einstein?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
Martian:

grin if the penticostals and the other special people you have around you knew anything worth knowing, they would have told you that your arguments are based on the bolded.

This is another assumption, imagination, argument from ignorance, and is based on emotions.

You could not answer the questions, and I predicted that You could not and would not. I could offer you them directly again, but the result would be the same. You simply cannot ansswer them. Period.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

Lol, just giving as good as I get. Don't cry.

You see, you lot have proved something cardinal here: namely that you have no point to make on the substantive discussion. Ad hominems all the way, and it is usual. I threw out direct posers for your buddy martian. Rather than answer them head-on, he is worried about ancient aliens or how "exposed" I a.

And I comfortably predicted that he neither could nor would address those questions.

So. . . . . hey!

You are one to talk of ad hominems. Thats your your stock in trade.

What a hypocrite.

You turn around and accuse others of your specialty ?

You've insulted me severally and I refused to reply. The minute I try to be gentle with you, you scream murder.

You're not thick skinned, you have no skin.

Jeez !
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by mkmyers45(m): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

Well its involuntary. I have no control over what I may dream about. And it may be useless to you anyways.
Who knows?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
I threw out direct posers for your buddy martian. Rather than answer them head-on, he is worried about ancient aliens or how "exposed" I am. Abeg. Just assume I am a village man. Answer my questions. No aliens will help you answer them.

Already answered. Thats when you posted the threads of you spewing the same old.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
jayriginal:

You are one to talk of ad hominems. Thats your your stock in trade.

What a hypocrite.

You turn around and accuse others of your specialty ?

You've insulted me severally and I refused to reply. The minute I try to be gentle with you, you scream murder.

You're not thick skinned, you have no skin.

Jeez !

Okay Osuofia. Are you ready to settle down and address the issues?

I don't mind laying them on the table succintly for you.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
This happens every day. Still happened even this week. Please leave my dreams alone. If you want prophecy, i will dream and give you your future ok? But if you don't believe, then leave me to my delusions.

lol, f#cker. Did you dream about me calling the pentecostals special?

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

Okay Osuofia. Are you ready to settle down and address the issues?

I don't mind laying them on the table succintly for you.

Lay what exactly ?

I can spread your arguments on a mat even better than you.

Remove the dogma, humble yourself then try again.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
Martian:

Already answered. Thats when you posted the threads of you spewing the same old.

No, you did not answer teh questions o. What you did was simply to repeat the mainstream current scientific viewpoint on spacetime. That was useless. What I request is that you give me specific answers to my specific questions. In case the posts were long, let me conscise the questions.

1. If space was created by or at the moment of the big b.ang, then into WHAT is the expansion occuring?

2. If all physical things exist in time and space, then how could the singularity, being physical, exist without time and space?

3. If the universe expanded from a singularity, then that singularity must have been in existence already. How is that possible since there was no concept of time, in order to permit the use of the concept "before"?

These are very specific questions.

Don't run. Answer.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
jayriginal:

Lay what exactly ?

I can spread your arguments on a mat even better than you.

Remove the dogma, humble yourself then try again.

Humility is my most shining virtue. I AM GREATLY HUMBLE. How dare you suggest that I am not humble. Will you kneel down joor! I am humble.

I have provided the questions conscisely again in my post at martian.

I am happy if you guys can conscisely address them.

Simple.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

No, you did not answer teh questions o. What you did was simply to repeat the mainstream current scientific viewpoint on spacetime. That was useless. What I request is that you give me specific answers to my specific questions. In case the posts were long, let me conscise the questions.

1. If space was created by or at the moment of the big b.ang, then into what is the expansion occuring?

This question exposes you.

When you are answered, you will dismiss it as "illiterate" and "illogical".

I have provided an answer for you previously (I believe).

If you were literate at all, you would google it and if you disagree, you would give us your reasons.

Why ask when you will dismiss an answer you dont agree with as illiterate ?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

Humility is my most shining virtue. I AM GREATLY HUMBLE. How dare you suggest that I am not humble. Will you kneel down joor! I am humble.

I have provided the questions conscisely again in my post at martian.

I am happy if you guys can conscisely address them.

Simple.

Humility ke ?

Now I'm sure you've never seen a mirror grin
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
jayriginal:

This question exposes you.

When you are answered, you will dismiss it as "illiterate" and "illogical".

I have provided an answer for you previously (I believe).

If you were literate at all, you would google it and if you disagree, you would give us your reasons.

Why ask when you will dismiss an answer you dont agree with as illiterate ?

You see what I mean?

I know you would not answer. You norr get shame? Asking me to google the issue? Chai, this is so rich.

You see, my point is proved. If na to abuse, una full ground. If na to answer simple kwesun, you start referring me to google.

Please attempt the kweshun.

'Preciate it boss.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
jayriginal:

Humility ke ?

Now I'm sure you've never seen a mirror grin

What nonsense! Will you sharrap ther and face the wall? How dare you question me, after I have declared I am humble. My humility is great, profound, and larger than the sun and all the stars. I AM THE MOST HUMBLE MAN IN EXISTENCE.

Don't dare ask me questions again. I am humble. That is final.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
I have given you an answer before. Im quite certain of it.

If I answer you, I will not be answering you from what I have experienced personally, but from the body of knowledge established by people in the field.

That is the reason I ask you to google it.

Succinctly, space is not expanding into anything observable. Space is not expanding in the way you would expand your house, rather, galaxies are moving away from each other into space that is already there.

Google it so you know.

That is what is there.

I dont even know why I bother with you when I already know what you are going to say next.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
Thanks boss.

Now let's settle down.
jayriginal: I have given you an answer before. Im quite certain of it.

If I answer you, I will not be answering you from what I have experienced personally, but from the body of knowledge established by people in the field.

That is the reason I ask you to google it.

It is by no means a resolved question: and there are several different view points even within the scientific academia.

Thus google is useless. I wanted YOUR TAKE.

Succinctly, space is not expanding into anything observable. Space is not expanding in the way you would expand your house, rather, galaxies are moving away from each other into space that is already there.

Now I will give you a one line knock-out:

Since you say that galaxies are moving apart from one another INTO SPACE THAT IS ALREADY THERE, then evidently such space was already there for the expansion to occur into.

Thus space was not created by the big b.ang.

Case closed. I hope you see now.

This is why I am bemused at you guys. You have no clue. And yet you rev high and mighty. LAWD.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
1. If space was created by or at the moment of the big b.ang, then into what is the expansion occuring?

It's not expanding into anything and if there is something else that it's expanding into, I don't know what it is.

Deep Sight:
2. If all physical things exist in time and space, then what how could the singularity, being physical, exist without time and space?

The singularity itself is everything that we know exists.The expanding singularity is what gives rise to spacetime,galaxies, stars, etc. There is no spacetime if there is no expansion.What we call time now is just the motion of matter through spacetime. The motion of the bigbang was the beginning of spacetime. The singularity didn't exist in space and time; spacetime is a part of it.

Deep Sight:
3. If the universe expanded from a singularity, then that singularity must have been in existence already. How is that possible since there was no concept of time, in order to permit the use of the concept "before"?

The universe is the singularity. The singularity existed. How? I don't know.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight: color]Thanks boss.
This is why I am bemused at you guys. You have no clue. And yet you rev high and mighty. LAWD.

Dude, everyone's knowledge is limited when it comes to the universe. You feel you know but all you do is take the knowledge we have and twist it to fit your imaginations. Then you huff , puff and act like what you feel is verifiable fact.
You're not the only one with ideas. Plaetton also has his but he doesn't act like they are absolute facts.

2 Likes

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight: Thanks boss.

Now let's settle down.

It is by no means a resolved question: and there are several different view points even within the scientific academia.

Thus google is useless. I wanted YOUR TAKE.

Now I will give you a one line knock-out:

Since you say that galaxies are moving apart from one another INTO SPACE THAT IS ALREADY THERE, then evidently such space was already there for the expansion to occur into.

Thus space was not created by the big b.ang.

Case closed. I hope you see now.

This is why I am bemused at you guys. You have no clue.

You wish to cherry pick. When it suits you, you shout hurray !

When it doesnt, you dismiss it as illogic, illiteracy and what not.

You cant have my view because I am not in the field.

Here look at what you wrote

In your own words, GBAM !

Precisely the reason I tell you science does not inform my position.

Its by no means a knockout as a simple google search will acquaint you with the different theories out there.

Thats why I am bemused at you. You have no clue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Samuel Uche Accuses Buhari Of Plans To Islamise Nigeria / What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.