Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,469 members, 7,891,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:10 PM

I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman (2288 Views)

Rivers State Local Govt Chairman As Been Decleared Wanted. / Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After / Local Govt Chairman Shot Dead In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by deezzle(m): 7:16am On Jan 14, 2008
Hello my fellow Nairalanders,
First, I will like you guys to thank God on my behalf because without Him, nothing is possible but with Him, nothing is impossible.
I just got elected as a Local Government Chairman and unlike what most Nigerians want to believe, there are still some of us in whom the Holy Spirit resides and believe that our duty is to serve the public and not our pockets.
I believe so much in expert judgment and also listening to the voice of the people.
I will appreciate if you guys can assist me by giving me ideas on what projects to embark on in order to raise my local govt to a world standard and make it a yard stick by which other local govts are judged.
Please serious answers only!!!
Thank you.
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by Kobojunkie: 9:39am On Jan 14, 2008
1) What LGA??
2) For those of us who do not understand exactly what the LGA Chairman does in Nigeria these days, what are the job duties
3) How long do you expect you will be at the job??
4) What are your goals and objectives for the year 2008
5) How flexible are you in trying new things, as in doing things exactly opposite of how it was done in the past??
6) How Transparent do you intend to be to those under you and to the public in general??
7) How can we know and confirm you are who you say you are
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by deezzle(m): 10:57am On Jan 14, 2008
I asked for suggestions not interrogations!!!!
I now my duties and responsibilities. I want ideas for projects to embark upon.
Thanks
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by Seun(m): 11:02am On Jan 14, 2008
I think Kobojunkie's questions are very good questions, your excellency. wink Can you answer them please?
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by deezzle(m): 11:34am On Jan 14, 2008
1) What LGA?? Anonymous
2) For those of us who do not understand exactly what the LGA Chairman does in Nigeria these days, what are the job duties To serve the people and prosper the Local Government
3) How long do you expect you will be at the job?? The tenure of my term
4) What are your goals and objectives for the year 2008 To achieve the people's goals and to unlearn the status quo and breathe new life into leadership at the grassroots
5) How flexible are you in trying new things, as in doing things exactly opposite of how it was done in the past?? ////Very flexible. Thats the reason for this!!!!
6) How Transparent do you intend to be to those under you and to the public in general?? 'Its not by wat i say but wat i do
7) How can we know and confirm you are who you say you are U cant but believe me, i have better use of my time
[quote][/quote]
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by goodguy(m): 11:37am On Jan 14, 2008
deezzle:

I want to remain anonymous please. thank you.

You can answer questions 2 - 6 and still remain anonymous, your excellency!

Otherwise: ban!! grin
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by bibiking1(m): 11:38am On Jan 14, 2008
hey dude!
don't know what you coming out with all the priggish stuff for, but i do not care
you politicians are all the same, pastor or imam, once you are a politician you a part of that bif ^%$%ing body of corrupt individuals
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by deezzle(m): 11:40am On Jan 14, 2008
i did not insert religious texts to get ur sympathy whatsoever, religion and character are 2 different things.
I am jus a naturraly religious being, that does not mean i am trying to form holy-holy
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2008
@ Poster, First of all, you need to know the needs of your community, what one Local Government needs is different from what another may need.
Education is really important and I am passionate about the idea of Book Schoolarships. You Could Award Book Schoolarship to Students in your local Governmnt, the truth is that Cash as schoolarship is usually not spent on school stuff.
I really cant suggest much until I have an idea of here your community is and the needs they have.

1 Like

Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by deezzle(m): 11:55am On Jan 14, 2008
Thank you, aisha2. Because of your response, i will reveal a bit more. I am in the Ijebu region of Ogun state and I really appreciate your suggestion.
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by darmys(f): 12:13pm On Jan 14, 2008
MR Chairman Sir, grin

Face you local government and think of ways to improve the lots of the people
instead of disturbing on here,
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by goodguy(m): 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2008
By the way, Mr. Chairman Sir. . .

What are the things you promised the people during your campaign?  Start executing them NOW!  You are closer to the people, so you should know what they need.  You don't expect those of us far away from your environs, or even those in the diaspora to be telling you how to lead your own people.  Find out whatever is lacking in the region and fix it, the most serious or important of all, being your priority.  Wait sef. . . so you mean you didn't even have any idea of what you were going to be doing before contesting for the seat?  Oh lawdy lawd!
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2008
Your excellency sir you are one of the problems with Nigeria.
How can you run for office without any ideas of what to do? Start from implementing your campaign promises.
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by deezzle(m): 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2008
you are getting it all wrong. I have thing that i plan to execute. I am just looking for other ideas to act as additive. I dont think there is any harm in doing that.
Re: I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman by Seun(m): 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2008
I've gone through his posts and I don't believe he is an "excellency". Not even by Nigerian standards.

(1)

What Is The Solution To Fuel Crises And Fuel Scarcity? / VGC Local Government Area? / CPC's Campaign In Lagos Would Be The Game Changer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.