Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,572 members, 7,978,899 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:29 PM

Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me (27565 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
Yes! it's posible, who says it's not posible? Atleast our Governor is doing that here in Ogun State...guy i salute ur creativity.., you are a real Nigerian!!!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by israelbenzion: 9:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
alienware: yawning...... i was bored today, so decided to trek from my house at cele bus stop to ikeja, i got to computer village at about 10:56am and trekked back to illupeju >>>> oshodi then took a bus back to cele around to 1pm. am also planning of treking from lagos to maiduguri, i have contacted red bulls about 2 weeks ago for support and there are like saying they are going to give me lots of free drinks and i must wear their T-Shirt and will get a support of $20,000 if i can make it to kaduna.do y'all think this is si.lly ? red bull says i must wear their t-shirt and i must create a blog for all photo upload and they insist an agent will monitor me , am bored and tired of being idle
am thinking of what to carry with me like rechargeable battery for laptops, my modems,a pair of trainers, 2 tops, a camera,a blanket. i want t o travel light, pls what would you recommend

Bro, I will have personal beef with u if u embark on this and u don't involve me. Abeg u, pm me if u are really serious. I would only suggest a less hazardous route considering d security challenges up North. I am game, anyday, anytime!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by vislabraye(m): 9:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
A boy dreams but a man does.
Welcome to the table of men.
Make sure you contact guiness.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by rasputin86: 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
@Op why treking...guess riding a bike will attrack same publicity. It is also an enduring task... Give if thought...
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by lukkie(m): 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
Go for it man. Stay safe though (however you can achieve that). Peace!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by searay(m): 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
Madness is sweet but the treking is always the problem.
I wish you goodluck because you will need it.
ThREAD CLOSED!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by cheddarking(m): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
Forget Redbull...Get Johnnie Walker and BATA to sponsor you...

Just wear your Cortina and hold your Shayo.
#GodDey
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Iolo(m): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
Good thing you are trying to do something different.

Here's my advice for you.

1. DON'T go to Maiduguri. Stop @ Kaduna like u said.

2. The most important part of your trek is your health. Your going to want to keep your energy levels up as well as prevent dehydration by taking enough water along.

2b. Prepare your tummy by eating only very light foods for a few weeks before you commence the trek.Heavy foods would weigh u down.

3. Get a Journey map. Prepare potention sleep sites and know if you'll be sleeping by the road syd or @ a hotel.

4. Know your Average Walking distance. Push yourself to the limits by walking round Lagos, and knowing how much time it takes you to trek from A to B - an equivalent of 20km for example. This way if Lagos to Abuja covers a distance of say 800km, and you can trek 80km in a day(12hrs, 6am-6pm), then I suppose you should be @ your destination in 10 days.

5. Make sure you don't trek alone. Have some medical personnel with you. Or someone who knows First Aid. Also take Glucose D along.

6. Be mentally prepared. You must be ready for the sufferhead you would face on the trip. Prepare yourself.

7. Get a GPS device. A portable one so u know exactly where you are @ any given point in tym.

8. Try to create more awareness and sponsorship. Talk to a professional photographer if they can cover you, talk to Linda Ikeji about online promotion, talk to companies for sponsorship opportunities. Talk to the Ministry of Tourism. Basically talk, talk, talk till you have more than one sponsor. Ideally you want to have a sponsor cover: road expenses, publicity, health, food and drinks. One sponsor per category. See that Redbull is just under Foods and Drinks left to me.

My 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by codernoni: 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
If those companies đ℮ƴ give tinz for trekking, I no mind to trek from here go kenya oo.. Jobs no easy these days
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by INFO70: 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
U don't need advice. Go ahead. U will advise ursef after few hours.

2 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by tpia5: 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
i dont think nobody has trekked from lagos to maiduguri before.

and as a matter of fact, isnt trekking through the sahara, longer.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by member479760: 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
Just dress like a madman so that eyes will not be on you, you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Dejiro(m): 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
My brother, how many wives your papa get?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Clemzy16(m): 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
@OP
There is no big deal in what you're about to embark on. Believe it or not, there are people already treking from one state to another here in this country, the only difference between you and them right now is that, they're not being heard.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Pakavy(m): 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
alienware: yawning...... i was bored today, so decided to trek from my house at cele bus stop to ikeja, i got to computer village at about 10:56am and trekked back to illupeju >>>> oshodi then took a bus back to cele around to 1pm. am also planning of treking from lagos to maiduguri, i have contacted red bulls about 2 weeks ago for support and there are like saying they are going to give me lots of free drinks and i must wear their T-Shirt and will get a support of $20,000 if i can make it to kaduna.do y'all think this is si.lly ? red bull says i must wear their t-shirt and i must create a blog for all photo upload and they insist an agent will monitor me , am bored and tired of being idle
am thinking of what to carry with me like rechargeable battery for laptops, my modems,a pair of trainers, 2 tops, a camera,a blanket. i want t o travel light, pls what would you recommend
did u miss ur shrink's prescription?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by chucky234(m): 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
excondido: Is the said approximate distance (1650) by road or more of a traverse, i mean the shortest possible distance like an air route?

i think the op came up with a very chalenging idea that needs encouragement. i bet with enough publicity people around ( the locals) will be willing to show him the shortest path towards his destination. personally i will gladly walk a km or 2 with him.

op u can contract me to produce a topographical map of kaduna state if u will take its path.
goodluck to u.

You never find Lagos to Benin map na Kaduna map you dey find,shey the guy wan fly enter Kaduna from Lagos.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
Nice
I bet you if you can do it, doors would fly open for you!
Wish you all the best
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by espn(m): 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
Oto ya were sha..u won trek for inside dis suffering..na wa oo..hope say no b d only shoe wey u dey take go do interview u won use go trek..I pity u..just pls carry anti bomb for body..may d lord of david be wif u..
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by olumaxi(m): 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
guy,u must b a from a tribe in israel
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by chucky234(m): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
Iolo: Good thing you are trying to do something different.

Here's my advice for you.

1. DON'T go to Maiduguri. Stop @ Kaduna like u said.

2. The most important part of your trek is your health. Your going to want to keep your energy levels up as well as prevent dehydration by taking enough water along.

2b. Prepare your tummy by eating only very light foods for a few weeks before you commence the trek.Heavy foods would weigh u down.

3. Get a Journey map. Prepare potention sleep sites and know if you'll be sleeping by the road syd or @ a hotel.

4. Know your Average Walking distance. Push yourself to the limits by walking round Lagos, and knowing how much time it takes you to trek from A to B - an equivalent of 20km for example. This way if Lagos to Abuja covers a distance of say 800km, and you can trek 80km in a day(12hrs, 6am-6pm), then I suppose you should be @ your destination in 10 days.

5. Make sure you don't trek alone. Have some medical personnel with you. Or someone who knows First Aid. Also take Glucose D along.

6. Be mentally prepared. You must be ready for the sufferhead you would face on the trip. Prepare yourself.

7. Get a GPS device. A portable one so u know exactly where you are @ any given point in tym.

8. Try to create more awareness and sponsorship. Talk to a professional photographer if they can cover you, talk to Linda Ikeji about online promotion, talk to companies for sponsorship opportunities. Talk to the Ministry of Tourism. Basically talk, talk, talk till you have more than one sponsor. Ideally you want to have a sponsor cover: road expenses, publicity, health, food and drinks. One sponsor per category. See that Redbull is just under Foods and Drinks left to me.

My 2 cents.
Guy na where you from get that calculation,which destination in 10 days? You know where Maiduguri dey,you no even talj of four months you dey call 10 days,I laff your face.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Iolo(m): 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
chucky234: You never find Lagos to Benin map na Kaduna map you dey find,shey the guy wan fly enter Kaduna from Lagos.

Google Maps can be used.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by mallorca(m): 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
andre99: See what our Govt has caused, people are going mad every day, may the Lord heal @alienware. AMEN!
abeg i don tire to laugh
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by chucky234(m): 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
olumaxi: guy,u must b a from a tribe in israel
Which tribe for Israel dey trek,you no even call Kenya or Ethiopia sef.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by babslepe: 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
nice idea but you need to plan this well so i suggest you do a normal road trip via a car know the route (major highways will do) and try to know how many kilometers you can cover daily and make proper provision for hotels and medical attention at your stops i also think invovling about 7 other people to embark on this journey will be nice then work on the sponsors you will be suprised at the outcome you will get from nigerians at each stop and all that
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by chucky234(m): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
Iolo:

Google Maps can be used.
You don use google map before,google wey I dey search for ATM closer to me e dey go show me ATM wey dey for Victoria Island while me I dey Ojo.
Google map go send dat guy put inside Boko hideout,hmmm dat na suicide of the century.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Egbagirl(f): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2012

sounds like something my bro would do and even more sef. No biggie as long you are adventurous and are physically fit. Pls create a blog and take pictures. I think it would be very interesting to follow your travels. We need more adventurous people like you jare. Ignore all those calling you names.

(I wonder why some people think he is nuts to want to do this. Such people need to be avoided (dreamkillers). If/When the guy carries out his adventure, the same people who discouraged him will come here and start praising him and famzing. One of the many reasons why we remain where we are. We need to change our mentality. smh)

Biko alienware, if you are really serious about this, I support u 100%. I'll be following your blog if you set one up!

Peace
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by kayClt(f): 10:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
The lord is ur strength jare,abeg ehhhh,JƱsτ make sure u make frnds wit every coffin maker so dat dey can as well make u free coffin wen u die.Nonsense
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
The Evil ones are at work
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
If you need company, I may join you. Lol. Go for it dear.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by BIZNESSMIND: 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
V_Official®:
Hey, i think you're about breaking some records but i have some advice for you.
1. Choose another city (your safety should be the first)
2. Get enough physical training (don't think you've gotten everything it takes)
3. Publicize it, let the whole world knows (you won't just be rich but 'll be inclusively popular, coz' that's a great concept many haven't thought of "Guinness Book of Records shouldn't be that hard to contact" )
4. Try seeking for more sponsors so as to draw more attention.
5. Research about people who have done stuffs related to that and work on their progress.
NB: When you have a lot of attention, you won't only be popular but you can strike a deal with Redbull (as a model), or other related companies.
Even this big Telecommunication companies can contact you.
You're on the verge of being the best, don't be discouraged. Nothing comes easy.....

MOST COMMENTS HERE HAVE SHOWN THE WAY AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN THINKS, WE WANT TO MAKE IT BUT DON'T WANT TO SUFFER, WHAT PLEASURE COMES WITHOUT PAIN?
WHY WON'T WE BE ONE OF THE WORST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHEN A HANDFUL OF THE WHOLE POPULATION THINKS LIKE THIS.....

HEY GUYS, GO BACK AND WATCH GUINNESS BOOK OF RECORDS, NONE OF THOSE RECORDS CAME EASY.... ARE THEY ALL POOR
THIS COUNTRY CAN NEVER BE GOOD IF WE CONTINUE THINKING LIKE THIS, DO YOU THINK THOSE GREAT COUNTRIES GOT POWERS THROUGH LOTTO!!!!!

HEY GUYS!!! IT'S NOT THAT HE MUST FINISH THE JOURNEY IN A DAY!!! HE CAN REST ON THE WAY!!!
WHY IS EVERYONE THINKING LIKE THIS

My only little advice is for you to have a good MANAGEMENT TEAM in place. Your manager would have prepare for your arrival to each cities. Get more sponsors. I'll advice you do Lagos - Kaduna instead of Maiduguri. Don't be discourage if truly you are serious. Don't be in a haste to complete the task as you are not in a competition with anyone. As you travel, get a message or messages across the nation.....such as War against Corruption etc.

And to your critics, tell them to get a life.....NO PAIN, NO CAIN.

I believed you are not doing it for the money anyway.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Basilona(m): 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
unipol: it is possible my guy. after all, i trecked from U.S.A to germany last month. just be courageous and fearless.

SOFLMAO!!! This is d best sarcasm ever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Itakpe Warri Rail: Test Run Of Trains Commence At Agbor - Photos / His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja / 100 Most Visited Cities In The World In 2017. See Where Nigeria Was Ranked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.