Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,776 members, 7,969,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 01:47 AM

Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State (13187 Views)

Biafra Agitators Burn Two Trailers At Onitsha Head Bridge (Pics) / Soldiers Foil Suicide Attack At Nigeria Army Base / Video Of Saraki's 'Attack' At The Praying Ground Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Teenaba(f): 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
0l'dirty:
I never believed I will say this but it's as if police don they work. They are now even more civil. The other day here in Abuja, a police man saw me attempting to open my car after heavily drunk. He advised me to call a cab.

true story
I think they have. Saw one today on my way to makurdi from abuja. The police man, a young one at that, politely asked the driver what he was carrying in his boot, and advised him to ensure that all goods are checked, especially if it's "way billed." He was so polite I almost wept. And did I mention that he didn't demand for the usual "roger".

3 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by maybel(m): 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
SimonAndal: I can't even understand one word of what the OP wrote. I feel ashamed of our education system.
I feel more ashamed u wrote this.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Deyinka007: 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
Positive things being said about the country.. Let's keep this up.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by strangest(m): 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
@OP around what TIME did it happen?
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by chucky234(m): 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
SimonAndal: I can't even understand one word of what the OP wrote. I feel ashamed of our education system.
Your head don block dats why you no understand anything,we wey our head correct understand wetin OP write dats why we dey post.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Kslib(m): 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
Will big big grammer reduce the price of garri....
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by chucky234(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
Teenaba:
I think they have. Saw one today on my way to makurdi from abuja. The police man, a young one at that, politely asked the driver what he was carrying in his boot, and advised him to ensure that all goods are checked, especially if it's "way billed." He was so polite I almost wept. And did I mention that he didn't demand for the usual "roger".

Wetin you dey go find for Maduigry,sorry Makurdi?
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
This shows that the Nigerian Police can be as efficient as any other.

But come to think of it, the police should have been able to conduct a Search and Apprehend mission in order get them once and for all.

Just my thoughts.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by garripack: 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
[size=20pt]hahahahahahahahahaha this STORY NA FAKE OGA DIS YOUR STORY NO GET HEAD @ ALL HAHAHAHA NAIRALAND LOVE ILLUSIONAL STORIES RUBBISH[/size]
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Richy4(m): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
repeat after me " I do not understand what the op wrote" wink
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by vascey(m): 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2012

Dude!!! It is folks like you that give our educational system a bad name. Like someone rightly said, you need a copy of Brighter Grammar.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by lond07: 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2012

There were not less than 20 replies so far on this thread and yet it is you alone who can't even understand one word of what the OP wrote and ashamed of our educational system for making you an slowpoke.

This is appalling!! Sorry for you
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by mu2sa2: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
D villagers know these robbers; in fact they themselves may be robbers - remember that armed robbery in Nigeria started in the east in d 70s after civil war. Police intelligence should fish out these criminals - but it has to be real intelligence coup across the whole of SS & SE states because the local people will not cooperate with the security forces. D menace of armed robbery is d greatest security challenge facing Nigeria today, not Boko haram. Boko haram have specific targets but no one is safe from armed robbers- they can strike anytime, anywhere, anyhow.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Les: 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
mu2sa2: D villagers know these robbers; in fact they themselves may be robbers - remember that armed robbery in Nigeria started in the east in d 70s after civil war. Police intelligence should fish out these criminals - but it has to be real intelligence coup across the whole of SS & SE states because the local people will not cooperate with the security forces. D menace of armed robbery is d greatest security challenge facing Nigeria today, not Boko haram. Boko haram have specific targets but no one is safe from armed robbers- they can strike anytime, anywhere, anyhow.
you well at ol?
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Ranoscky(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
I think u'r DEFINITELY high on Don Simon, just as ur screen name implies.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Nwogbe: 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
yuzedo: Oho! So you mean you were in that bus young man?

I was about to post this story on Nairaland, how robbers wanted to dispossess me of my new Toyota SUV! angry

Infact, my plan was to use Nnabuenyi (my gun's pet name) to make those foolish young boys into sieve! A few holes to make them look like Superted's sidekick, Spotty grin

They are lucky I am in a good mood today! undecided
I no fit shout. Hahahahahahahaha tears rolling down my checks
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by GoodDon: 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2012

"education system"

Please get for yourself a copy of Brighter Grammar.Olodo!
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Kelechis: 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
searchcorp: I'm currently on my way to akwaibom via onitsha, (now how is that your business?... Well, listen?

Some few minutes away from asaba.. Just 3 seconds infront of my driver (at about 100km/s), some young men had just blocked the road. They flung themselves out of the bush with their guns raised.. They made an immediate attempt to snatch the first car they could lay hands on - a black toyota sequia jeep right infront of us. The man pumped his pedals to put his suv on reverse. Well, so did my driver.

The armed robbers (Landlord of the road as the villagers called them "ahian, na here them wan operate again today? No be under that hill them suppose dey rob. Dem just change today" a villager told us later)

Their lack of mechanical mobility rendered their chase invalid. Although they had to prey on a red 911 bus whose driver wasn't courageous enough to turn. Well, as regards the james bondly black jeep driver in my front. Remember nah, yes! The one that almost got his suv snatched. When we later got a place to park, the man opened his trunk and brought out the most beautiful pump action I have ever been priviledged to see in close range... Well that explains his driving-bravery - he nah some sharp guy.

Our hearts were still panting fast, I probably was breathing off my skin pores as it felt like the universe had punched me in the chest. When all of a sudden in less than 5 mins... The Nigerian Police patrol van hurriedly gave them a counter attack (following the other lane and making a u-turn to catch them head-on). For the first time in my life I am proud of the Nigerian Police. The armed robbers all ran into the bush immediately leaving the passengers in the red 911 bus alive to tell the story.

I want to say a very huge thank you to the Nigerian Police Force- Delta State Command. Bless You! Bless Nigeria.

As for me, I'm at ontisha - owerri express road now.... Having a funfilled journey.
kudos to nigeria police force,they are now trying
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by DrWhizy(m): 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
mu2sa2: D villagers know these robbers; in fact they themselves may be robbers - remember that armed robbery in Nigeria started in the east in d 70s after civil war. Police intelligence should fish out these criminals - but it has to be real intelligence coup across the whole of SS & SE states because the local people will not cooperate with the security forces. D menace of armed robbery is d greatest security challenge facing Nigeria today, not Boko haram. Boko haram have specific targets but no one is safe from armed robbers- they can strike anytime, anywhere, anyhow.
I'm just wondering what goal u have 2 have spew'd dis gibberish.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2012

How come you're the only one who can't understand?
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by ozodimgba(m): 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Searchcop abi na searchgoat thank u for ur sensational report, when nxt u want to report do dat without sentiments. Is Onitsha in Asaba or Asaba in Onitsha? Why then d mixeup about d where of d story, u beta take note.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by saudatu(m): 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
kudos to men in black (nig. pol.) they ar waking up 2 dier responsibility............
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
Wow! I got quoted a lot. You know for a while there I was beginning to feel irrelevant on NL. None of my posts make front page. But now? I got over ten quotes! Yay for trolling!
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by eaglechild: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
ozo-dimgba:
Searchcop abi na searchgoat thank u for ur sensational report, when nxt u want to report do dat without sentiments. Is Onitsha in Asaba or Asaba in Onitsha? Why then d mixeup about d where of d story, u beta take note.
Thank u , i thought i was the only one that noticed!
Which BUSH is FEW MINS AWAY FRM ASABA, when going towards Onitsha because as far as i know once u cross the Niger bridge u enter Onitsha and all u see is urban jungle!
And if u have not crossed the bridge u are in ASABA.
So WHERE exactly did the incident occur?
Asaba, Onitsha or after Onitsha?

2 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Sanfoaster: 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
Jenams: Guns shud be licensed in Nigeria! Atleast, make all men get one pistol.
no be lie,but......
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by mu2sa2: 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
Les: you well at ol?
Ar u one of them?
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by frank4ryl(m): 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
As the cowardly robbers ran into the bush to take cover on sensing the slightest bit of resistance, the chasing police should have sprayed the spot they disappeared into with hot fire.....with any luck, they might get at least one bastard.

I'm sick and tired of hearing that these scum escaped.....to rob another day. angry angry

And if the bullet accidentally hit an innocent person, You will be the first to say that nigerian police are evil. Why you no go join police to dey shoot robbers anyhow?
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by frank4ryl(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
Abujafood:

Funny Shey, I was actually heading to the bank to withdraw money with my ATM as the nearest bank from where I was posted to was in Ankpa about 1 hour drive away!

Ankpa is just 22 minutes drive from Okpo. Dont tell lies.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
Welcome to Nigeria Nigga!
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by OneNaira6: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
ednut1: some times u display medulla oblanga blockage sydrome, u will neva read d story well yet make yeye coments, was d op nt travellin, smh for ur fish brain hahahaahahaaaa

Why attack him for asking a geniue question. The venue of the story is a bit confusing you gotta admit that. The op title said onitsha but he thanked delta state police force thus leaving the question did it happen in onitsha or few drives away from onitsha. Also, he wrote they were few drives away from asaba so the question leaves did it happen in asaba or in another delta town but close to asaba. Is the venue in onitsha or delta? If delta, is it asaba or another town? It is just confusing. No need to bite afam head off because of his confusion. I doubt he meant it as an offense to the op
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by MrHacker(m): 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
my guy na true talk oo...!
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Beync(f): 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
one man is here to express his gratitude to the police for their swift response, thus saving his lives. we should thank God for his live instead of coming here to spot his grammatical blunder,prof emeritus!..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NASS Will Not Override President’s Veto On 2016 Budget —dogara / Look beyond APC for solutions to economy, Senate tells Buhari / Security Beefed Up In Makurdi Ahead Of Buhari’s Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.