Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,001 members, 7,903,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:17 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (178492 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by atseyi(m): 1:51am On Jan 11, 2013
nigga_guy:

I just came into the US last week.
Did you have to go the nearest Social Security Office to get your Card or did tick the immigration forms (ds-230) that you earlier sent when you were applied that ---
No 43a
(Do you want the Social
Security Administration to
assign you a SSN and issue a
card? (You must answer YES
to question 43b. to receive a
number and a card.)

. Please I need to know how you went about getting your social security number.

Thank you

No i didnt tick on the form it should be sent to me,

You can go to the Social Security Administration office close to you and apply for you SSN immediatly, which state r u ?

visit there site www.socialsecurity.gov to find out the office address closer to u.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 3:40am On Jan 11, 2013
hello guys...

I just passed my written test thanks to the Drivers License online link I got on this forum. SO thanks again..

Unfortunately; because I don't have my Nigerian drivers license, I'm going to have to wait for 3 months to get the main license. I could only get a permit. So; if you are planning on moving over; please get a license cos it will make the process a lot easier and quicker for u.. Learn from my mistake...

God bless y'all

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 7:37am On Jan 11, 2013
Gbenge 77: It varies depending on the size of your pocket

Yea, I no. But what d range of cheapest one room apartment.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jejelady(f): 6:01am On Jan 12, 2013
Ibracadabra: hello guys...

I just passed my written test thanks to the Drivers License online link I got on this forum. SO thanks again..

Unfortunately; because I don't have my Nigerian drivers license, I'm going to have to wait for 3 months to get the main license. I could only get a permit. So; if you are planning on moving over; please get a license cos it will make the process a lot easier and quicker for u.. Learn from my mistake...

God bless y'all

3 mths? Wat state ic dat?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jejelady(f): 6:05am On Jan 12, 2013
atseyi: Hi Guys, Happy new year to you all, i got my SSN now ,less that two weeks i got to GA, my GC has some complication as am not expecting it to be sent to GA, it will be sent to the address which i gave initially in IN but my initial host has said he will help look out for it, Assuming i cant trace its where about or dont get it from my initial host,what can i do to replace it.thanks for ur advice
FYI, dejie4live is in Georgia too. Atlanta to be precise. I spoke with him today and he is doing fine. Let him know u r in Atlanta or I can connect u guys.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jejelady(f): 6:07am On Jan 12, 2013
nigga_guy:

I just came into the US last week.
Did you have to go the nearest Social Security Office to get your Card or did tick the immigration forms (ds-230) that you earlier sent when you were applied that ---
No 43a
(Do you want the Social
Security Administration to
assign you a SSN and issue a
card? (You must answer YES
to question 43b. to receive a
number and a card.)

. Please I need to know how you went about getting your social security number.

Thank you

Welcome aboard.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by monsieursam64(m): 9:15am On Jan 12, 2013
Ibracadabra: Happy New year guys... I haven't come around cos a lot has been happening so fast. So many interviews, and I just moved to my own appartment. I just remembered I needed to fill an online form immediately I changed residence. Pls can anyone give me the link where I can enter my new address... thanks alot guys and I start work next week so join me in thanking God, cos I can't thank him enough....

PS: the drivers lisence practise website you posted here has been extremely useful and I now feel confident to go for a permit tomorrow or next.
congrats bro! There are better days ahead of you. Your best is yet to come.
May God continue to elevate you IJN.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
Bros temmy did u know dis area in texas, canyon springs Dr Grand Praire. hope dere is job for ssce holder dere
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Godswisest1: 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2013
U guys are really helpful here for disceminating info to us i pray dat God will fulfil his promises in ur life. Pls i enter 4 d 2014 dv program & i am realy confuse of my place of birth as if it wil afect my aplication or issuance of visa, as d place i was born i wasnt brought up there in dat case my parent could nt procure my birth certificate dea, nd i was later isue my birth certifcate in d region were i was brought up and which i use both d town 4 d Dv program pls wil dis afect my 2014 dv entrant? Pls i need urgent reply and one tin NCE is my highest qualification but i dosn't state it in d form and what i use was my o'level waec gce precisely hope its allowed?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Tiwanna(f): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2013
God'swisest:
U guys are really helpful here for disceminating info to us i pray dat God will fulfil his promises in ur life. Pls i enter 4 d 2014 dv program & i am realy confuse of my place of birth as if it wil afect my aplication or issuance of visa, as d place i was born i wasnt brought up there in dat case my parent could nt procure my birth certificate dea, nd i was later isue my birth certifcate in d region were i was brought up and which i use both d town 4 d Dv program pls wil dis afect my 2014 dv entrant? Pls i need urgent reply and one tin NCE is my highest qualification but i dosn't state it in d form and what i use was my o'level waec gce precisely hope its allowed?

win first, then we move from there.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2013
Anybody wit idea abot Grand praire, canyon springs. Hw dere job 4 new immgirant dere
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosmy(m): 1:39am On Jan 13, 2013
Hmmm u guys are doing a wonderfully job here infact as am reading through all the msgs,am just feeling myself among to also shear my own experience in state,i cant wait to join u guys soon....but the visa bulletin is badly slow but no mater how slow it maybe I ll receive my own visa and fun with u guys in state......newyork is where my host live,but am planing to relocate to marryland after receiving our GC bt my host his in nigeria here with me now............faith work wonders
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by cenobs007(m): 9:43am On Jan 14, 2013
Thanks bro. Please brothers in US, i will b glad & grateful if u help me with ur address, as i dont hv any1 in US in case am asked during d interview. Please I NEED UR HELP. i believe as i get there, job will not b dificult 4 me cos i believe in my God-given potentials, abilities, knowledge, for God has pronounced dat whatsoever i put my hands on shall prosper in Jesus name, amen.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jejelady(f): 2:17am On Jan 15, 2013
gunners4u: Anybody wit idea abot Grand praire, canyon springs. Hw dere job 4 new immgirant dere

Canyon Springs Drive is a street name in Grand Praire. It is just like saying Balogun St, Shomolu, Lagos. There are jobs everywhere in Dallas. There is an opening now in Plano TX (about 40 mins away from your location) right now paying 15.80c. All interviews are over the phone and I will help you out with the resume. The recruiter is calling for 40 eligible candidates.

Please forward to anyone you know in dallas within the vicinity.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 4:12am On Jan 15, 2013
tanks @ sister jejelady, am going early feb, i be ssce holder hope dere job so dat i can futher my education
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Tobbylobar(m): 7:50am On Jan 15, 2013
I love dis forum n God will bless all of u dat is trying to help ur country men..
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by justwise(m): 8:03am On Jan 15, 2013
@jejelady

I appreciate your willingness to help people here, its really great, that said, we encourage people not to drop their contact details here for offline info. Giving the info open here will benefit more than one person.

You could give them info about the job detail, how to apply and stuff.......

Hope you get where i'm coming from.

Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Tobbylobar(m): 12:33pm On Jan 15, 2013
justwise: @jejelady

I appreciate your willingness to help people here, its really great, that said, we encourage people not to drop their contact details here for offline info. Giving the info open here will benefit more than one person.

Thanks.
justwise but the case on ground now is different d person said he need address of somebody living in us in case he was asked about his host..are u saying jejelady sud drop her address for him on a forum for everybody to see..i dont think dats a good idea..
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
Tobbylobar: justwise but the case on ground now is different d person said he need address of somebody living in us in case he was asked about his host..are u saying jejelady sud drop her address for him on a forum for everybody to see..i dont think dats a good idea..

I don't think my post made any reference to that. Read my post again.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2013
Adesoji --

This Saturday, Michelle and I are heading out to events as part of the National Day of Service -- and I hope you'll join us.

It's a day to put politics aside, give back to our communities, and honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by following his example. If we want to bring about change, it has to start with us, person by person and block by block.

Volunteers have organized thousands of events in all 50 states -- look up one in or around Brockton, RSVP, and we'll see you out there this Saturday.

I wanted service to be a big part of my inauguration because it's played a huge role in my life.

As a young community organizer starting out in Chicago, I learned that the best ideas, the ones that succeed, take hold at the grassroots. No one needs to wait on politicians or Washington: Change happens when individuals take responsibility for one another and their communities.

At the Day of Service in 2009, I visited with military families and wounded service members at the Walter Reed Medical Center and painted walls at a homeless shelter. Joe packed his toolbox and helped Habitat for Humanity hang drywall in new housing in D.C., while my girls, Michelle, and Dr. Jill Biden filled USO care packages for our troops overseas.

See what's going on near you, and be part of the inauguration by joining your neighbors on Saturday:

http://action.2013pic.org/National-Day-of-Service

I'll see you out there on the 19th.

Thanks,

Barack
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2013
Bros adesoji, i dey feel u, letter 4rm obama
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 4:07am On Jan 16, 2013
justwise: @jejelady

Thanks.

@Justwise... I don't intend to be rude... But bros, UK and US nor be the same ooh... You can't impose your English ideology on everybody here.... This thread is created for American Immigrants, not UK... I have been in touch with this Jejelady and to God be the Glory, all the people I introduce to her for a job reference has gotten one... If she didn't give out her contact info here, how I for fit take contact her? Bros, nor be everything person see he dey yawn put jor... Leave people to exchange contact and help each other.. Post a Job site if you have one for them and not instruct people to do what you like... Abi Nairaland na your Forum?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 4:23am On Jan 16, 2013
Good
day 2u all u pple re so wonderful, please i need ur enlightments i just
collected my visa 8days ago n will be comng 2 Baltimore (Maryland) plse
wht re those documnts, certs i need 2 come wt i'm a graduate of int'l
relations wot re my chances of gettng a gud job. also do i stil need my o
level cert cos i hve lost it in transit and how is lyf generally there? plse advice me on wot 2 do
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by justwise(m): 7:23am On Jan 16, 2013
ojdollars:

@Justwise... I don't intend to be rude... But bros, UK and US nor be the same ooh... You can't impose your English ideology on everybody here.... This thread is created for American Immigrants, not UK... I have been in touch with this Jejelady and to God be the Glory, all the people I introduce to her for a job reference has gotten one... If she didn't give out her contact info here, how I for fit take contact her? Bros, nor be everything person see he dey yawn put jor... Leave people to exchange contact and help each other.. Post a Job site if you have one for them and not instruct people to do what you like... Abi Nairaland na your Forum?

Garbage, not surprised though.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 7:37am On Jan 16, 2013
justwise:

Garbage, not surprised though.

@justwise: as in Fuji garbage or what? grin grin grin
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by kinzzo112(m): 11:09am On Jan 17, 2013
@Ibracadabra, please what is the link for driver's license. I will be in Texas this week, so as to facilitate mine. i had my Naija own before which will be expiring by next year. tanx alot
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
kinzzo112: @Ibracadabra, please what is the link for driver's license. I will be in Texas this week, so as to facilitate mine. i had my Naija own before which will be expiring by next year. tanx alot

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/documents/DL-7.pdf. AND. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/ApplyforLicense.htm
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 1:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
kinzzo112: @Ibracadabra, please what is the link for driver's license. I will be in Texas this week, so as to facilitate mine. i had my Naija own before which will be expiring by next year. tanx alot
you cant do anything here in TX until after almost 30days.They may not issue you SSN until after 21days and that may get to you after 1-2weeks.Without SSN,you cant apply for driver license and thus you cant driver here except you have international driving license.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
Just discover this thread and i must say you guys are doing a great job................

I too just moved to the State about 2 years ago and i wish i saw this thread then.

My advice for those that just relocate or about to to do so is that you should not settle for anything less in life. I have seen people that spend 20 years here making less than 100K per year and there are also those that spend less than 1 year here making more than 100K at their job. The goal is not to sell yourself cheap and don't settle for less in life.

Also, information is power. Talk to reasonable people that have the same goal and ambition like you (even better ambition than you). There are so many professional courses out there that you can do that will give you good source of income. Information is power over here. This is a land of opportunity and the opportunities are out there if you only recognize it.

But, remember, Rome was not build in a day. Never allow your dream to die and the blessing will flow to you

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:15am On Jan 18, 2013
alutaa: Just discover this thread and i must say you guys are doing a great job................

I too just moved to the State about 2 years ago and i wish i saw this thread then.

My advice for those that just relocate or about to to do so is that you should not settle for anything less in life. I have seen people that spend 20 years here making less than 100K per year and there are also those that spend less than 1 year here making more than 100K at their job. The goal is not to sell yourself cheap and don't settle for less in life.

Also, information is power. Talk to reasonable people that have the same goal and ambition like you (even better ambition than you). There are so many professional courses out there that you can do that will give you good source of income. Information is power over here. This is a land of opportunity and the opportunities are out there if you only recognize it.

But, remember, Rome was not build in a day. Never allow your dream to die and the blessing will flow to you

Thanks for your input aluuta, which part of the State are you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.