Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,488 members, 7,968,344 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:34 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (180125 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2013
@AdesojiAderemi

CT
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
alutaa: @AdesojiAderemi

CT
oh that is my Neighbouring state, I live in MA.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Bussyme(m): 6:56am On Jan 19, 2013
Oh My God. You guys were here since?. I has missed ooooo....
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by cenobs007(m): 10:26am On Jan 19, 2013
jejelady:

Canyon Springs Drive is a street name in Grand Praire. It is just like saying Balogun St, Shomolu, Lagos. There are jobs everywhere in Dallas. There is an opening now in Plano TX (about 40 mins away from your location) right now paying 15.80c. All interviews are over the phone and I will help you out with the resume. The recruiter is calling for 40 eligible candidates.

Please forward to anyone you know in dallas within the vicinity.
Pls Jejelady i sent u an email of fone number request
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by statesman22(m): 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
Hi Mr.Adesajiadremi greetings!
pls assist me with information as regard when dv 2014 will be out and how i can check for my status.I know and believe in my heart that i will win it because God had said and that settles it.i must certainly share my own testimony with you on this forum.
looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 19, 2013
uncle temmy.....how av u been coping..........family nko.....se alaafia lewa.
@ brightmon............i trust u're pressing forward & pushing hard........u wld all make it beyound ur expectationz......d Lord wld open doors of supernatural breaktru........4 u all.
@ uncle adesoji.........may the Lord continue to prosper ur wayz......Amen

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 6:37am On Jan 20, 2013
I Hate 9ja: uncle temmy.....how av u been coping..........family nko.....se alaafia lewa.
@ brightmon............i trust u're pressing forward & pushing hard........u wld all make it beyound ur expectationz......d Lord wld open doors of supernatural breaktru........4 u all.
AM doing fine bro,though the begining seems to be rough but as omo naija now,am not slacking ooo.Really hustling to pay bills
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 6:53am On Jan 20, 2013
I Hate 9ja: uncle temmy.....how av u been coping..........family nko.....se alaafia lewa.
We thank God, we are moving forward and God no go 4get you too, he will always be der at the point of ur need. I pay u come join us soon.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 20, 2013
temmytanny: AM doing fine bro,though the begining seems to be rough but as omo naija now,am not slacking ooo.Really hustling to pay bills
lol...........it's just a matter of time sir..........thingz wld get better.......u wld all make it....trust God
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 20, 2013
brightmon:
We thank God, we are moving forward and God no go 4get you too, he will always be der at the point of ur need. I pay u come join us soon.
Amen sir.........thankz for ur prayer'z and well wishes..........the Lord wld surely come tru 4u and temmy........dat @ the end u wld be grateful u made this journey..........it's worth it.....
@ temmy and brigtmon.......as this years rollz bye u wld surely experience multiple breaktru and unxpected upliftment......trust God.....u guyz wld neva struggle to make it in that land......the Lord wld make thingz xtremely easy for u.... .yes trust God
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by TheEnforcer: 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
I am enamoured with the US
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by TheEnforcer: 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
I am enamoured of the US
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by statesman22(m): 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
This forum is very informative...........tanx ya'all
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by statesman22(m): 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
By the mercies of God,I would certainly share my testimony in this forum come may 1st,2013.God is able.AM so excited to b a member of this forum where Nigerians are truly helping their fellow Nigerians to succeed.very informative!!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
statesman22: By the mercies of God,I would certainly share my testimony in this forum come may 1st,2013.God is able.AM so excited to b a member of this forum where Nigerians are truly helping their fellow Nigerians to succeed.very informative!!!
amen oo
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:16am On Jan 21, 2013
statesman22: Hi Mr.Adesajiadremi greetings!
pls assist me with information as regard when dv 2014 will be out and how i can check for my status.I know and believe in my heart that i will win it because God had said and that settles it.i must certainly share my own testimony with you on this forum.
looking forward to hearing from you.

Sorry stateman22 for my late response has been work,work,work..regarding your qustions;i think the dv result comes out btw. May-june so just try to visit this forum regularly you will be duely inform on how to go about checking it.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:16am On Jan 21, 2013

thanks my brodaman may God bless you a great deal.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:20am On Jan 21, 2013
The Enforcer: I am enamoured with the US

may God satisfy your heart desire.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
The time to acclimate varies in the US,but if one is diligent,'works his socks off' ,and gets certified,professionally,eldorado beckons.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
For those that are interested, please, google 'EPIC'. EPIC is a software use for healthcare EMR (Electronic medical record).
Although i am not in that field, i know people that did the training (the training is still an in-house training meaning that only a company can send you for the training but, there are few Nigerians out there that are training people on the course) and all the people that i knew that did the training are really comfortable with their life now with a good job or contract job.

Another area that people can look into is IT QA area. Its a good starter area for new people in the State. Rates might not be all that great ($30 -$70) but its a good starting point. If you are in Michigan, i learnt that there was a Redeem church that organised training for people late last year. That can be a good starting point to start making enquiries

For those in Texas and environ, Safety engineering is another good area to focus on. I have a friend that came to the State 2 years ago and did certification in these area and he is doing very well now.

Another good area to focus on is IT. I started my IT career when i came to the State 2 years ago. What i always tell people is that if you can create a facebook account and Twitter account by yourself, you can do IT then. The Indians are not guru or more brilliant than we Nigerians. But the difference is that an Indian focus on IT (which is doing the same thing the same way everyday) while a typical Nigerian will become a Nurse or Nursing assistance immediately they moved to the State).

If you are interested in SAP (Business Intelligence and Business warehousing), let me know. I might be able to use my 2 years experince to guild you in the right way.

But, whatever certificate you are pursuing, its good to have a side job that can pay your bills at the same time. The goal is never to loose sight of your goal or allow the side job become your main focus in the State. Most of my friends and i entered USA at the same time and we all met at Warehouse where we all work as a laborer. But, the laboring job was not our main focus in life despite the job paying about $1700 per month.After working for 4-7 months, everyone of us got a better job in different fields. Unfortunately, there are people with citizenship or green card still working at the warehouse for more than 2+ years. Its not that i am better or we are better but its because we dont want to settle for less in the State.

What i am trying to convey is that we should never loose focus of our aim in the State. You will definitely meet people that will discourage you and tell you that US is a difficult country and that things are hard. Never you believe that.

The most important things is to talk and try to help as many people as possible. He that give will never lack in life.

Most people don't like to talk about their work in US. Personally, i believed that its only a small minded person that will behave this way. We are living in a fast paced information world. What you know today might be an outdated info tomorrow. How will you know the latest tech new or info if you dont talk about what you do or share information. You will definitely meet a lot of Nigerians like this. Just move on and leave them to their outdated ideas. When u are making your millions or six figures, they will be the one to seek you out asking and volunteering info for you.

3 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
alutaa: For those that are interested, please, google 'EPIC'. EPIC is a software use for healthcare EMR (Electronic medical record).
Although i am not in that field, i know people that did the training (the training is still an in-house training meaning that only a company can send you for the training but, there are few Nigerians out there that are training people on the course) and all the people that i knew that did the training are really comfortable with their life now with a good job or contract job.

Another area that people can look into is IT QA area. Its a good starter area for new people in the State. Rates might not be all that great ($30 -$70) but its a good starting point. If you are in Michigan, i learnt that there was a Redeem church that organised training for people late last year. That can be a good starting point to start making enquiries

For those in Texas and environ, Safety engineering is another good area to focus on. I have a friend that came to the State 2 years ago and did certification in these area and he is doing very well now.

Another good area to focus on is IT. I started my IT career when i came to the State 2 years ago. What i always tell people is that if you can create a facebook account and Twitter account by yourself, you can do IT then. The Indians are not guru or more brilliant than we Nigerians. But the difference is that an Indian focus on IT (which is doing the same thing the same way everyday) while a typical Nigerian will become a Nurse or Nursing assistance immediately they moved to the State).

If you are interested in SAP (Business Intelligence and Business warehousing), let me know. I might be able to use my 2 years experince to guild you in the right way.

But, whatever certificate you are pursuing, its good to have a side job that can pay your bills at the same time. The goal is never to loose sight of your goal or allow the side job become your main focus in the State. Most of my friends and i entered USA at the same time and we all met at Warehouse where we all work as a laborer. But, the laboring job was not our main focus in life despite the job paying about $1700 per month.After working for 4-7 months, everyone of us got a better job in different fields. Unfortunately, there are people with citizenship or green card still working at the warehouse for more than 2+ years. Its not that i am better or we are better but its because we dont want to settle for less in the State.

What i am trying to convey is that we should never loose focus of our aim in the State. You will definitely meet people that will discourage you and tell you that US is a difficult country and that things are hard. Never you believe that.

The most important things is to talk and try to help as many people as possible. He that give will never lack in life.

Most people don't like to talk about their work in US. Personally, i believed that its only a small minded person that will behave this way. We are living in a fast paced information world. What you know today might be an outdated info tomorrow. How will you know the latest tech new or info if you dont talk about what you do or share information. You will definitely meet a lot of Nigerians like this. Just move on and leave them to their outdated ideas. When u are making your millions or six figures, they will be the one to seek you out asking and volunteering info for you.

Thanks so much for this piece of information. It's very helpful or let me say it's an eye opener for prospective immigrants. Thank you very much sir.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chirpywest(m): 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
alutaa: For those that are interested, please, google 'EPIC'. EPIC is a software use for healthcare EMR (Electronic medical record).

Your advise is solid and superb! Plz is there any certification program in California that can pay up to 30USD per hour and what's the duration of the program. I like IT but don't know if my Economics background can be a good start for it. Educate me more plz
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

thanks my brodaman may God bless you a great deal.
a
Amen
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by monsieursam64(m): 2:11am On Jan 22, 2013

tnx man! Dis is really insightful!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by webstradamus: 2:29am On Jan 22, 2013
alutaa:

How can I reach you sir on this subject? I've been looking to break into the SAP sphere.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 2:46am On Jan 22, 2013

Sir, am so moved by your comments.I have been thinking of doing safety engineering or moving back to telecoms(which i was doing in Naija).I would be interested in your SAP atleast for now to make money and get settled down before i go back to school hopefully in 2014.I will send you a message soon.I live in Dallas Texas
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Bussyme(m): 2:52am On Jan 22, 2013
temmytanny: AM doing fine bro,though the begining seems to be rough but as omo naija now,am not slacking ooo.Really hustling to pay bills
You will get over it,just a while..
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 4:20am On Jan 22, 2013
@temmytanny: it is well. It's just a matter of time but don't settle for less o. May the good Lord uplift you to higher grounds in your chosen career.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by calculusx(m): 10:18am On Jan 22, 2013
Dear Immigrants, pls how can one connect flight from Lagos Nigeria to Reno Nevada?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by kinzzo112(m): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2013
@alutaa, I MUST CONFESS YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB HERE. PLEASE, I WILL NEED YOUR WEALTH OF EXPERIENCE AS AM ABOUT LEAVING TO DALLAS ANY TIME FROM THIS WEEK.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
calculusx: Dear Immigrants, pls how can one connect flight from Lagos Nigeria to Reno Nevada?
haaaaa feeling u bro........Las Vegas..
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
@ ALL,

Dont let us derail this thread by turning it to a professional job thread. Please, can someone create a new thread with a relevant subject for this kind of discussion.

I am just a small pin in an oceans of Nigerian professional here in the State. Hopefully, we can get the attention of other Nigerians that can contribute meaningfully to this new thread. I will contribute my one cent to the new thread and learn too from other professional in the State.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.