Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,450 members, 7,978,445 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:30 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (180575 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nifty: 5:27am On Mar 09, 2013
@adesoji what I tot too oooo...am waiting on the 10 working days given at vfs to see if this is a new practise
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 8:42am On Mar 09, 2013
Thank God house, i got my ssn no yesterday. so pls house can i apply for a job with dat, or i av to wait for my green card b4 applying for any job. cos am tired of stayin at home n watching youtube
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
papatee2: Thank God house, i got my ssn no yesterday. so pls house can i apply for a job with dat, or i av to wait for my green card b4 applying for any job. cos am tired of stayin at home n watching youtube

Yes before the arrival of your Green card, with your SSC your can apply for job, school,Bank account House..... the Stamped Passport takes you for one year.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Yes before the arrival of your Green card, with your SSC your can apply for job, school,Bank account House..... the Stamped Passport takes you for one year.
Thanks Mr adesoji, so job searching ACTIVATED
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
papatee2: Thank God house, i got my ssn no yesterday. so pls house can i apply for a job with dat, or i av to wait for my green card b4 applying for any job. cos am tired of stayin at home n watching youtube

@papatee2, When did you arrived TX and when did you apply for the SSN? How many days did you wait before applying? I heard that one have to wait for 21 days after arriving Tx b4 one can apply for the SSN.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 11:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
Allybert:

@papatee2, When did you arrived TX and when did you apply for the SSN? How many days did you wait before applying? I heard that one have to wait for 21 days after arriving Tx b4 one can apply for the SSN.
@allybert, i got here last week wed, datz27th of feb, and i went to social security office on Thursday to apply. i got my mail dis last friday. I think dat depend on the area u apply for it in texas. i did my here in palestine, texas

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
I apply after 10 days here in grand prairie tx wit my green card & birth certificate
Allybert:

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
gunners4u: I apply after 10 days here in grand prairie tx wit my green card & birth certificate
how long did it take u to get ur green card?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 11:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
@papatee,just less than 2weeks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 11:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
gunners4u: @papatee,just less than 2weeks
i received a welcome pack letters from homeland security today but my green card no dey there.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:18am On Mar 11, 2013
papatee2: i received a welcome pack letters from homeland security today but my green card no dey there.

that shows you will have it this week.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 12:51am On Mar 11, 2013
@papatee, ur greencard will land dis week
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 3:23am On Mar 11, 2013
thank u house. i've gotten my greencard today
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:16am On Mar 13, 2013
papatee2: thank u house. i've gotten my greencard today

welcome to U, remaining SA
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
United States Employment Agencies

Epx Body
1485 W Hill Field Rd Ste 202 , Layton UT 84041 map
225-590-0206
http://www.epxbody.com/epxkt
EPX is short for Epigenetics; Science has shown that with proper nutrition, diet and exercise, you can improve your genetics.

Santa Clarita Valley Jobs - SCVJOBS.com
25852 McBean Pkwy. #534, Santa Ca

Tier Project Management Partners, Inc
IT Staffing Services
Job Seekers Register with TierPM

Inreach IT Solutions
Dallas TX 75098
214-336-6209
inreachitsolutions.com
IT staffing
Staffing Agency

Metropolitan Personnel Inc
1260 Valley Forge Road # 109, Valley Forge PA 19482-0641 map
(610) 933-4000
www.metpersnl.com
Metropolitan Personnel provides top level people for administrative, professional, technical, industrial, manufacturing, office support, healthcare, show more

Temporary Staffing
Direct Hire (Contigency & Retained)
Cash Flow Enterprises
Bakersfield CA
661 379 7573
http://instantpaydaynetwork.com/shotym23

Cash Flow Enterprises
Immediate Work .... $20 to 50 an hour!
$20/Hour…Cash Paid Everyday!

A la Carte International, Inc.
PO Box 4506, Virginia Beach VA 23454-4506

(800) 446-3037

follow this link to find more and locate the one closer to you...http://www.manta.com/find/3_000/employment+agencies
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

welcome to U, remaining SA
what is d remaining SA?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
papatee2: what is d remaining SA?

now you have your green card-that is U, by the time you get your Shola shola that is "US" your Driver's licence and your Car that is "USA"

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

now you have your green card-that is U, by the time you get your Shola shola that is "US" your Driver's licence and your Car that is "USA"

grin grin affirmative
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 7:55am On Mar 14, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
One relocate after having the following.....
SSN,
GC,
few cash to sought urself out.......pending the time u get a job...6monthz is whole enough to do this
Baltimore......crimes dey,
high tax rate,
cost house rent the least is $1500 per month.....deduct this from how much u earn,buh my cousin is a federal contractor shao......but i dont think i can cope with the live and outreageous xpenses....its just too much
Are still in Baltimore, maryland.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 14, 2013
jidex001:
Are still in Baltimore, maryland.
i still dey 9ja
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mayankho(f): 7:07am On Mar 18, 2013
adexkem: my brother i agree with you that your host will influence your choice of career. Speaking from my experience. My host was into nursing assistant kind of job. I was advice to come with specified amount of money to register for the program. Which i did two weeks after i got to us. Under 7weeks when i got to usa have gotten a certified nurse assistant. This is after written and pass board exam. Cos every thing here is attach to one board or the other. I think the moral lesson from that story is come with enough money while coming. Dont hope on your host. Cos in most job you must be train before you are hire. Talk of nursing assistant ,tax driver, security, name it. More importantly , has a new comer try to better understand the message of this phase 'i will not settle for less' it does not mean you should not start from the least job. My first job was plate washer in jamaica restaurant. Later i moved to nurse assistant. While i wa

mmm

Do they need O levels to start Nursing assistant program? Please your answer will be apreciated very much
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:53am On Mar 18, 2013
mayankho:
Do they need O levels to start Nursing assistant program? Please your answer will be apreciated very much

-With US standard the mini.qualification is 10th grade which is equivalent to SS1 in naija.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 11:39am On Mar 18, 2013
@adesojiaderemi, can one apply for shola shola on behalf of someone e.g one's wife?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
owobabaisabella: @adesojiaderemi, can one apply for shola shola on behalf of someone e.g one's wife?

owobaba, I am not sure as at now I will find out from their closet office here.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
owobabaisabella: @adesojiaderemi, can one apply for shola shola on behalf of someone e.g one's wife?
Yes,you can do so here in TX if both of you are residing here.All you need is her passport,birth cert and GC.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 4:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

owobaba, I am not sure as at now I will find out from their closet office here.

Ok, pls do. Thanx
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2013
temmytanny: Yes,you can do so here in TX if both of you are residing here.All you need is her passport,birth cert and GC.

Ok, I hoped it will be the same in New Jersey too. Thanx temmy, the day Don dey near small small o.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 6:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
Please can one apply for SSN and GC on arrival day in NY and have it sent to an address in TX?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
Allybert: Please can one apply for SSN and GC on arrival day in NY and have it sent to an address in TX?
yes!

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Imcool(m): 11:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
Hi gurus, is there any other documents needed to book my flight other than my international passport wit my visa on it? Ur prompt replies will be appreciated. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.