Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,584 members, 7,921,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 08:18 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (178947 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
Remmy488: Yea well done dt is it I lyk ur spirit bt make sure u re given a student copy dts ur own copy of it u can scan it for further usage.

what do you mean by student copy.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
K u will hve a studnt copy nt addressed and nt sealed in an envelope plus d original dt would be addressed n sealed in a brown envelope. Ask dem they will tel u.

jidex001:

what do you mean by student copy.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 2:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
@ Bros adesoji, my interview is May. My contact person is in Massachusetts. I just want you to give me sincere opinion about how easy it is settle down in MA as a new immigrant considering job availability and cost of living together. So i will be able to make decision of either to go there or try another state.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by zionking28(m): 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hello house, had my interview lask week Thursday and I got my VISA 2day in a big brown sealed envelop with my data page stapled on it. I'll join u soon. Am so happy and using this medium to say a very BIG thank you to you all, my fiance Nkkystel, Gentiger, Nero XP, Adesoji Aderemi, Temmy, Junkerhill, Godhelpme, Roodboy, Leripa and many others.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
zionking28: Hello house, had my interview lask week Thursday and I got my VISA 2day in a big brown sealed envelop with my data page stapled on it. I'll join u soon. Am so happy and using this medium to say a very BIG thank you to you all, my fiance Nkkystel, Gentiger, Nero XP, Adesoji Aderemi, Temmy, Junkerhill, Godhelpme, Roodboy, Leripa and many others.

Congratulations Zionkings,I am glad you are happy.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
pator: @ Bros adesoji, my interview is May. My contact person is in Massachusetts. I just want you to give me sincere opinion about how easy it is settle down in MA as a new immigrant considering job availability and cost of living together. So i will be able to make decision of either to go there or try another state.

Bros, there are 312 towns and 39 cities in Massachusetts with Boston as the capital,it is a beautiful state, and a national leader in education and healthcare technology.Unemployment rate is 6.7%, minimum wage is $8/hr.to be factual I like everything about MA but the only issue is winter time, it is extremely cold during winter.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 2:16am On Mar 22, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Bros, there are 312 towns and 39 cities in Massachusetts with Boston as the capital,it is a beautiful state, and a national leader in education and healthcare technology.Unemployment rate is 6.7%, minimum wage is $8/hr.to be factual I like everything about MA but the only issue is winter time, it is extremely cold during winter.

What about Baltimore, Maryland?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Imcool(m): 3:54am On Mar 22, 2013
Remmy488: If u need it ltr it will be sent to u bt make sure u hve a contact of any of d staff dt work there

Sure i av it but what do u mean by student copy? I intend to collect only one copy and it'll be directly handed over to me but addressed to my destination in US.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 6:50am On Mar 22, 2013
I dnt knw ao it is done in ur sku, bt in my own sku {OAU} apart from dt sealed and addressed one,I was also gven a copy whch look like a photocopy. Wen u get there I'm sure u will b gven ok

Imcool: Sure i av it but what do u mean by student copy? I intend to collect only one copy and it'll be directly handed over to me but addressed to my destination in US.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:50am On Mar 22, 2013
jidex001:

What about Baltimore, Maryland?

I have numbers of friends living in Baltimore, it is closer to Washington DC(36.2miles),with more Nigerian settlement,unemployment rate is 9.9% and the weather is ok compare to MA.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Imcool(m): 3:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
Remmy488: I dnt knw ao it is done in ur sku, bt in my own sku {OAU} apart from dt sealed and addressed one,I was also gven a copy whch look like a photocopy. Wen u get there I'm sure u will b gven ok

U said it looked lyk a photocopy. Just want to know if it also has original stamp or photocopied one. Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Imcool(m): 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
Finally i gat my air ticket booked wit emirates airlines @ d rate of 150,619 naira per person. TEXAS, THE LONE STAR STATE OF US, EXPECT ME AND MY WIFEY SOON. Houston is our port of entry.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
It has everytin bt I won't be sealed and addressed bt the original one will b sealed and addressed to whicheva addres u gave in a small brown envelope

Imcool: U said it looked lyk a photocopy. Just want to know if it also has original stamp or photocopied one. Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
K u've called dt guy I gave u his contact

Imcool: Finally i gat my air ticket booked wit emirates airlines @ d rate of 150,619 naira per person. TEXAS, THE LONE STAR STATE OF US, EXPECT ME AND MY WIFEY SOON. Houston is our port of entry.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Imcool(m): 8:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
Remmy488: K u've called dt guy I gave u his contact

No i didn't... Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

I have numbers of friends living in Baltimore, it is closer to Washington DC(36.2miles),with more Nigerian settlement,unemployment rate is 9.9% and the weather is ok compare to MA.

How is the minimum wage there per Hour.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:23am On Mar 23, 2013
jidex001:

How is the minimum wage there per Hour.

7.25/hr you can look up for other state through this link http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/labor/state-minimum-wage-chart.aspx
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by junkerhill(m): 8:55am On Mar 23, 2013
My people, still on the transcript. Can one send his transcript to WES and get it evaluated after one year, that is when he thinks its convenient for him to upgrade his academic status.. And how much is the evaluation fee?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by idoo4love: 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
Please, if you are dv immigrant presently leaving in The United state your experience is needed here,If you are also a dv winner planning to move after a successful interview you questions are welcome , please every one is free to add his/her view.
hello...am a dv immigrant and i moved in 2wks ago...am in NY..Whats ur name on fb?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
Please can anyone tell me which English proficiency exam is better, easier and cheaper.
The school need me to write an english exam before been considred admission
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2013
junkerhill: My people, still on the transcript. Can one send his transcript to WES and get it evaluated after one year, that is when he thinks its convenient for him to upgrade his academic status.. And how much is the evaluation fee?
Different one with different prices, it ranges from $200 -250,
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
idoo4love: hello...am a dv immigrant and i moved in 2wks ago...am in NY..Whats ur name on fb?

give me your e-mail address.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 12:10am On Mar 25, 2013
@adesojiaderemi, pls can my wife stay outside usa for more than six months or will that affect us to become a citizen when we want to apply for citizenship?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 25, 2013
owobabaisabella: @adesojiaderemi, pls can my wife stay outside usa for more than six months or will that affect us to become a citizen when we want to apply for citizenship?
she can stay 6months out but must b less than a yr
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:04am On Mar 25, 2013
owobabaisabella: @adesojiaderemi, pls can my wife stay outside usa for more than six months or will that affect us to become a citizen when we want to apply for citizenship?

my brother this link shed more light on the issue http://immigrationworkvisa./2011/03/22/green-card-holders-who-stay-out-of-u-s-more-than-6-months-at-risk/
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 6:42am On Mar 25, 2013
ighoosagie:
she can stay 6months out but must b less than a yr

Ok, thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 6:45am On Mar 25, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

my brother this link shed more light on the issue http://immigrationworkvisa./2011/03/22/green-card-holders-who-stay-out-of-u-s-more-than-6-months-at-risk/

My brother, thanks for the link. I now understand it very well, the advantages and disadvantages of it.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
owobabaisabella:

My brother, thanks for the link. I now understand it very well, the advantages and disadvantages of it.
the koko be say,dont be going in and out of US atleast within your first 5years in US,it would affect your citizenship move
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 11:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
temmytanny: the koko be say,dont be going in and out of US atleast within your first 5years in US,it would affect your citizenship move

Thanx temmy, how r u n d family? Hope fine...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by xmelly4lov: 3:37am On Mar 26, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

7.25/hr you can look up for other state through this link http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/labor/state-minimum-wage-chart.aspx
maryland is a very cool place you can get a job with better pay like $15/hr, depends on your skil bor
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by xmelly4lov: 3:43am On Mar 26, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

oooo that's cool I live in baltimore as well, I would love to meet my brothers here ooo can You hook me up with them? paulmj2012@gmail.com
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 9:25am On Mar 26, 2013
Whre in Bmore do u live?

xmelly4lov: oooo that's cool I live in baltimore as well, I would love to meet my brothers here ooo can You hook me up with them? paulmj2012@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.