Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,461 members, 7,978,504 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:33 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (180577 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 10:39am On Apr 04, 2013
eduson33: have been following this thread for long but a bit confused,

please pardon my silly question,
can someone tell me about this host?

do you guys mean,your relation or your friend you are gonna stay with?
or are they people that the government have assigned to house you for the mean time of entrance into the states?

Your family or friends that u r going to stay with before u get ur place and job are called ur host.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2013
pls who has paid the 165usd for green card processing here in naija cos i want to pay before leaving fr yankee oo
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
tovalli: pls who has paid the 165usd for green card processing here in naija cos i want to pay before leaving fr yankee oo

Ur host no fit help out?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
eduson33: have been following this thread for long but a bit confused,

please pardon my silly question,
can someone tell me about this host?

do you guys mean,your relation or your friend you are gonna stay with?
or are they people that the government have assigned to house you for the mean time of entrance into the states?

Yes THE HOST is that your friend, relative or anyone who houses you for the first time as you begin your sojourn in USA before you are able to find your feet.
They are in the categories of
1. THE GOOD
2. THE BAD
3. THE UGLY

I for one, i'm not aware (if any at all) of any government assistance in the area of housing for new entrants.
Let others say so if it exists.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
you can pay using your gtbank naira master card.[/b]
tovalli: pls who has paid the 165usd for green card processing here in naija cos i want to pay before leaving fr yankee oo

you can pay using your gtbank naira master card.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
Seal777 reporting live from Houston , Texas.

Landed sunday night at the George Bush Airport aboard Qatar airways after 8 hrs stop over in doha, went through the immigration, stopped for a check on my baggade and have my dried meat ( tinko ) , ginger and knoor chicken trashed by the airport screening officials, i was advice before leaving Naija to take red cab home since my host will nto be available to pick me at the airport but i saved $46 by taking a shuttle bus for $34 ( after an intenet search for cheaper shuttle at Doha ) instead of red cab for $80 to my destination ( naija brain ? ).

I am home trying to learn the ropes, gone out sevarally using the metro bus card with effective use of the navigation on my ipad. Its a nice environment here in houston and i am hoping to enjoy every bit of it.

In the meantime, i opened an account with Bank of America already and started spending from the account.......waiting arround for my GC and SSN. I have got some job offers awaiting my documentation.

All for now, thanks all for your support.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 10:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
seal777: Seal777 reporting live from Houston , Texas.

Landed sunday night at the George Bush Airport aboard Qatar airways after 8 hrs stop over in doha, went through the immigration, stopped for a check on my baggade and have my dried meat ( tinko ) , ginger and knoor chicken trashed by the airport screening officials, i was advice before leaving Naija to take red cab home since my host will nto be available to pick me at the airport but i saved $46 by taking a shuttle bus for $34 ( after an intenet search for cheaper shuttle at Doha ) instead of red cab for $80 to my destination ( naija brain ? ).

I am home trying to learn the ropes, gone out sevarally using the metro bus card with effective use of the navigation on my ipad. Its a nice environment here in houston and i am hoping to enjoy every bit of it.

In the meantime, i opened an account with Bank of America already and started spending from the account.......waiting arround for my GC and SSN. I have got some job offers awaiting my documentation.

Welcome to USA my bro. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:34pm On Apr 04, 2013

you are welcome seal.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
loconzo00:

Yes THE HOST is that your friend, relative or anyone who houses you for the first time as you begin your sojourn in USA before you are able to find your feet.
They are in the categories of
1. THE GOOD
2. THE BAD
3. THE UGLY

I for one, i'm not aware (if any at all) of any government assistance in the area of housing for new entrants.
Let others say so if it exists.

government assistance for housing for new immigrant? nope.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ebykings(f): 11:22am On Apr 05, 2013

Welcome to USA!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 11:26am On Apr 06, 2013

I paid for my family here https://www.pay.gov/paygov/forms/formInstance.html?agencyFormId=40850201
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lateefdauda(m): 4:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hello guys hw long those it take for GN to be ready after the welcome letter.Also ve nt payed d immigrant fee because i was nt told at d embassy cos my interview was jan 31st, like wise point of entry to pay for a certain fee.what do you guys think bout this.i need ur attention please.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2013
Please did you pay before u left naija?? And what bank did u use??
loconzo00:

I paid for my family here https://www.pay.gov/paygov/forms/formInstance.html?agencyFormId=40850201
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
lateefdauda: Hello guys hw long those it take for GN to be ready after the welcome letter.Also ve nt payed d immigrant fee because i was nt told at d embassy cos my interview was jan 31st, like wise point of entry to pay for a certain fee.what do you guys think bout this.i need ur attention please.

Within five working days after you received your welcoming letter plus you may not need to pay processing fee.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
lateefdauda: Hello guys hw long those it take for GN to be ready after the welcome letter.Also ve nt payed d immigrant fee because i was nt told at d embassy cos my interview was jan 31st, like wise point of entry to pay for a certain fee.what do you guys think bout this.i need ur attention please.
u dont need to pay for d fee cos u did urs in Jan. Only those dat did theirs in Feb1 and down will pay d $165. as for ur greencard, u'll receive it in 3-4 working days
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 1:59am On Apr 07, 2013
tovalli: Please did you pay before u left naija?? And what bank did u use??

In fact i paid while airborne aboard emirate airline using their wifi facility. Just few hours before landing.
I paid with my debit card.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 2:10am On Apr 07, 2013

Please guys, i received NOTICE OF RECEIPT from Homeland Security today. It states that further action is suspended until a decision is made concerning my fees. I paid the fees since 26th of March.

My Questions are : 1. Could this be the so-called welcome letter and if not how does it look like?
2. Could the paid fees still possibly not received by Homeland security yet?

Pls let those who have received the welcome letter and GC help me out here.
Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lateefdauda(m): 6:50am On Apr 07, 2013
Thanks guys i appreciate alot
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 7:49am On Apr 07, 2013
loconzo00:

Please guys, i received NOTICE OF RECEIPT from Homeland Security today. It states that further action is suspended until a decision is made concerning my fees. I paid the fees since 26th of March.

My Questions are : 1. Could this be the so-called welcome letter and if not how does it look like?

Thanks

How did u make ur payment?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by junkerhill(m): 10:32am On Apr 07, 2013
jidex001:

How did u make ur payment?
check his 2nd to the last post above bro. He paid aboard Emirate's aircraft using their wifi.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2013
loconzo00:

Thanks

That is not welcoming letter, that is notice of receipt.It shows they received your fee and they about working on your request.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:04am On Apr 07, 2013
the code for welcoming letter is 1-797C it is called "notice of action"
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2013
junkerhill: check his 2nd to the last post above bro. He paid aboard Emirate's aircraft using their wifi.

Guy, I can read. I am asking how did he pay. Is it with mastercard or with what medium. Wifi is not a debit card na.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
the code for welcoming letter is 1-797C it is called "notice of action"

Thanks a lot brother.
That's the exact form we received but my concern is that under Notice Type, it states ..
Notice Type: Receipt Notice
Fee in Suspense

pls enlighten me here because i have paid about two weeks ago and they still indicated on the letter that fee is in suspense until they have made a final decision.
Could it be same with others who have received theirs ?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 11:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
tovalli: Please did you pay before u left naija?? And what bank did u use??

I used my UK visa debit card to pay for it.
You can also use Nigerian bank's visa debit/credit card.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:36am On Apr 08, 2013
loconzo00:

Thanks a lot brother.
That's the exact form we received but my concern is that under Notice Type, it states ..
Notice Type: Receipt Notice
Fee in Suspense

pls enlighten me here because i have paid about two weeks ago and they still indicated on the letter that fee is in suspense until they have made a final decision.
Could it be same with others who have received theirs ?

loconzo00 everything is in order, you may receive your green card this week.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 9:26am On Apr 08, 2013
I love the vibrancy of this thread,considering that a few years ago,Dv threads were virtually non existent.But of course,its generating So much nostalgia recently,and its quite exhilarating to see the high level of enthusiasm the DV process covets now.Yes,one has to recognize the clairvoyance of adesojiaderemi in creating this thread.Its sure been of homongous help to DV immigrants.Second base!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by eduson33(m): 9:51am On Apr 08, 2013
Gbenge 77: I love the vibrancy of this thread,considering that a few years ago,Dv threads were virtually non existent.But of course,its generating So much nostalgia recently,and its quite exhilarating to see the high level of enthusiasm the DV process covets now.Yes,one has to recognize the clairvoyance of adesojiaderemi in creating this thread.Its sure been of homongous help to DV immigrants.Second base!
bolded
NAWA oo
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Godswisest1: 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
Gbenge 77: I love the vibrancy of this thread,considering that a few years ago,Dv threads were virtually non existent.But of course,its generating So much nostalgia recently,and its quite exhilarating to see the high level of enthusiasm the DV process covets now.Yes,one has to recognize the clairvoyance of adesojiaderemi in creating this thread.Its sure been of homongous help to DV immigrants.Second base!
Adesojiaderemi, temmy and odas u guys ar great men God bless u all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.