Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,426 members, 7,923,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 10:58 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments (75331 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by etauso(m): 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2007
davidylan, point of correction, my life changed when I came to Christ Embassy because of the simplicity and understanding in which they preach God's word. They bring us closer to God everyday through preaching the word from the scriptures and not their own written words. God bless you in your ignorance.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 23, 2007
wow,so much from a changed life
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by georgies(m): 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2007
He is a man of God
Full of the Word
If you truly have come in contact with him
Personally or through his teachings
You will understand the
True meaning of passionate passion
For the gospel.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 26, 2007
georgies:

He is a man of God
Full of the Word
You will understand the
For the gospel.

God bless him.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 26, 2007
georgies:

He is a man of God
Full of the Word
You will understand the
For the gospel.

we might as well bow down and worship him
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by awoof(m): 6:44am On Apr 27, 2007
I do not have anything against pastor Xris or any other one, i neither praise any pastor nor condemn any other. but i was angry with him when they interviewed him about that young man who was commanded by the satan to be stealing Sheraton Hotels money and was donating it to his church. i understand he said it was not his business to ask his members the source or sources of the money they give his church. (except he was misquoted) and to you who see Xris as your lord and saviour was that the kind of answer expected from a true man of God? Peradventure he was told that one of those robbers who storm banks in the night killing both policemen and civilians had been donating sustantial part of their loot to his church what would he have said?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by tobbyjohn(m): 5:08pm On May 01, 2007
to my brethren on nairaland CHEER UP BRETHREN THE WORD WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by tobbyjohn(m): 5:18pm On May 01, 2007
I do not have anything against pastor Xris or any other one, i neither praise any pastor nor condemn any other. but i was angry with him when they interviewed him about that young man who was commanded by the satan to be stealing Sheraton Hotels money and was donating it to his church. i understand he said it was not his business to ask his members the source or sources of the money they give his church. (except he was misquoted) and to you who see Xris as your lord and saviour was that the kind of answer expected from a true man of God? Peradventure he was told that one of those robbers who storm banks in the night killing both policemen and civilians had been donating sustantial part of their loot to his church what would he have said?

brother 2 things i will tell u
1 if he asks his members what the source of his income is then he doesnt believe that GOD is a GOD of impossibilities who can bring water out of the rock
2 he has taught people how to trust GOD 4 prosperity and one out of millions of them does something wrong and u expect him to begin to ask those kind of questions? men u are funny
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by tobbyjohn(m): 5:25pm On May 01, 2007
look that man has invested in people, made champions out derelicts thru the help of the HOLY GHOST and there are a lot of testimonies in that regard.
AND 4 THOSE OF U WHO THINK BECAUSE WE HONUOR HIM WE WORSHIP HIM NO IT IS NOT SO THE BIBLE SAYS THEY THAT LABOUR IN WORD AND DOCTRINE ARE WORTHY OF DOUBLE HONOUR AND ALSO SAYS WE SHOULD ESTEEM VERY HIGHLY THOSE WHO HAVE SPIRITUAL RULE OVER US GO AND CHECK UR BIBLE IT IS THERE
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 02, 2007
davidylan:

we might as well bow down and worship him

lol
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Anonymous2(m): 8:41pm On May 03, 2007
guys beware of wrong usage of words on God's anointed, pastors or fellow believers. **na leaf when dey sweet goat dey kill am ** lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by BECCIA(m): 11:26pm On May 05, 2007
Hi all,
let me say that i was once one of those that criticised the Pastor Chris,
but each time, I hear him preac, there is something
that keeps telling me that he's gotten something, i don't have?

Now, I have read his books, listen to his teachings and
the Holy Spirit is changing my life.

Let me say that the greatest thing pastor Chris is doing
is not healing and miracles, BUT the preaching of the word of
life, , the word that can make the sons of God from ordinary men.
THIS IS THE THING, THE MAIN THING,

Another thing is THAT that man ALWAYS GIVE GOD THE GLORY
He says all the time;PRAISE THE LORD JESUS, GLORY TO GOD,

For everyone on Nairaland, it will be good to tap into the
grace this man carries, "the facts speak for themselves".The man has got something
every man should have.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mrmayor(m): 12:02pm On May 06, 2007
BECCIA:

each time, I hear him preac, there is something
that keeps telling me that he's gotten something, i don't have?

He does have things you don't have, cash and lots of it.Donated every day by members of his church
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by stimulus(m): 12:32pm On May 06, 2007
mrmayor:

He does have things you don't have, cash and lots of it.Donated every day by members of his church

shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mrpataki(m): 12:50pm On May 06, 2007
Stop making an idol out of this man! angry
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by BECCIA(m): 8:06pm On May 06, 2007
@mrpataki
Its not making him an idol, but an example,
Whether we like it or not,
that man has impacted the world, his generation, ,
its left for you and I to ask ourselves IF THE WORLD WILL KNOW THAT WE CAME, FOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME, THE WORLD KNOWS THAT ALREADY.

@mr mayor
Cash is the least thing that a man can boast of.
But a man's substance is more than cash, ,
If it was cash, perhaps Bill Gates will come to mind, ,
that man carries God and has great access into God's word
To me that is more than the whole world put together.

If all of us can have the same revelation of God's word, then the whole
world we know that JESUS IS ALIVE IN US AND GOD WILL TAKE THE GLORY
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Reverend(m): 10:26pm On May 06, 2007
Pastor Chris is 100% business and cares about nothing but the cash undecided undecided

If you follow him and want to give him your hard earned Naira then that is fine with me.

If you are one of the people that thinks he is a thief, then congratulations on walking this Earth with open eyes and the common sense to see that he is a fake.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 3:55am On May 10, 2007
I'm not too comfortable with this pastor Chris praises.
Please let us give glory to God.
This man is just a mere man o
He is not worthy of praise

Beccia enough of all this adoration
You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 11:15am On May 10, 2007
Pastor Christian Oyakhilome is a prophet to the nations and MY MAN OF GOD.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by sopenz(m): 12:12pm On May 10, 2007
i pastor chris as a person but what i dont like is the way most members of christ embassy dress to church. just take a  trip to any university chapter of the church and see 4 urself what am tellin hottest of mini skirts and stuffs like dat.as a new comer u get a very wrong impression baout the church.this should be looked into as a matter of urgency smiley
[i][/i][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by BECCIA(m): 1:56pm On May 10, 2007
@BABYOSISI,

I hear you,
All Glory be to God!
I understand what you mean,
but the man shows forth God's praise.

Honestly, I think God has impacted his life
and He (Chris) has impcated his generation.

What do you think?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 10, 2007
Frankly, my dear brother, I don't know him,neither heard him speak nor listened to his tapes.
(I have no doubt,he must be a man of God)
The only things I know are what his members have said about him and it makes me cringe.

I love my pastor dearly and I know he is anointed of God but far be it from me that I would be going on and on about a man who is just trusting God as I am.
A man who is capable of sin and falls and rises,quarels with his wife and perhaps curses her out and asks God forgiveness for his sins is not a standard for any of us to follow.
Our standard is one who can never fail,and his name is Jesus.
Pastor Chris looks up to Jesus for strength and salvation
And so must we.

when this sort of hero worship crept into the early Church,see what the apostle Paul by the Holy Spirit said.

1Cr 3:4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?

1Cr 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?

1Cr 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.

1Cr 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.

1Cr 3:8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.

1Cr 3:9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.

1Cr 3:10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.

1Cr 3:11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by BECCIA(m): 3:38pm On May 10, 2007
@ Babyosisi,
Yeah, I totally agree with you,
one must seriously beware Hero worship,
We must only follow their (men of God) examples as
they follow, the example of CHRIST

Quite appreciate your insight into the NT, real good wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by TayoD(m): 3:49pm On May 10, 2007
@topic,

The funny thing about these Christians of the stock of Oyhakilome is that they never take up issues when the name of Jesus is put into disrepute.  However, you talk about their Pastor and the gates of hell will be let loose on you.

They tell you stories such as "touch not my annointed, ", yet when He who received the annointing without measure is being crucified, they just don't stand up to be counted.  If that isn't hero-worship, I know not what is.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 3:23pm On May 12, 2007
You are telling a lie and you know it.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by hinduism(f): 10:27am On Jul 03, 2007
Where can I locate his church in nigeria, I have heard a lot about this man of God and want to pay his church a visit
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by stimulus(m): 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2007
@donnie,

donnie:

You are telling a lie and you know it.

Where and how was TayoD lying?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by omowhyou(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2007
Pastor Chris have come a long way and i do watch when ever am chanced. his preaching is so simple and i believe if we will just follow his teaching, our lives will surely change for the better.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by ChiefS(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2007
Hero worship is equivalent to idol worship.We should respect our leaders but not worship them.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mellow(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2007
Onl;y the end can justify the means
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by adeyinkat: 11:09am On Jul 12, 2007
When people scream, cry & even faint at a Michael Jackson musical concert, It's ok

When people campaign vigourously & blindly for a politician to win an election, It's ok

When people rush & trample on each other for the autographs of movie stars, It's ok

When people hero worship soccer stars by buying their jersies, posters & other souvenirs, It's ok

But when people honour their men of God, look & dress like them, speak highly of them, That's hero worship & idolatry!

Haba Nigeria! Don't you guys know that what we need in Nigeria now are role models for the youth in our society! People who can speak to the soul of our nation & galvanise us to action in the right direction. But alas, as soon as one rises up, we try to pull him/her down. We have to change that attitude. We have to look up to people who came out of nowhere & became big because of what they believe in

No, I'm not talking about the embezzler or the ones manipulating the corruption in the society to get big. Rather, l'm talking about the ones who by a dint of hardwork & self belief have grown big. Our country is replete with them but we try to shut them up and most times they end up keeping their ideas to themselves. Not good enough if we want things to improve!

For example, a ban on miracle broadcast on TV because some spurious broadcast have been observed. Very Nigerian indeed! Question is who is losing on the long run? Pastor Chris? Christ Embassy? Christians? Or Nigeria? Well FYI, the Healing School of Christ Embassy went on to debut in another country and guess what? Thousands from all parts of the world go to that country to attend the sessions! Though the Healing School is free in all ramifications but you can imagine the tourist foreign exchange in-flow and good publicity the program is giving that country. Ask yourself why USA has not hounded preachers like Pastor Benny Hinn, Billy Graham, Ceflo Dollar, KC Price, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer etc. So sad for Nigeria!

Jesus Himself said that the glory God had given Him, He has given to US! Suprised? John 17vs19-23, go check it out for yourself. So, if that glory is upon your life, should you deny it? A thousand times NO! Humility is not a lack of self-worth but it's acknowledging that all you are is by the grace of God
Listen to me, God has blessed Pastor Chris and he's blessing the world with that which God has deposited in him. You either partake of or shun that blessing, it's a free world!

Finally, I'll love to say that Pastor Chris is my Pastor and I'd rather be associated with him than any world President or movie star or soccer star or any man for that matter. I follow him because l can see he's following Christ wholeheartedly. Some people's hero might be David Beckham or Kanu or Bill Gates or Ghandi or Mandela, well mine is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and I'm not apologetic about it!. Thanks for reading through.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Pillarbeck(f): 10:42pm On Jul 12, 2007
Hello, i'm new here. You guys don't know nothing yet. A time is coming when anyone who's not grafted into this great outpouring of God's Spirit  would feel very much left. out. For God says in the last day He'll pour out His Spirit upon all flesh.
This signs shall follow them that believe, in My name, they shall cast out devils, they shall speak in new tongues (some are against this one), they shall eat anything deadly and it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hands on the sick and the sick shall recover.
WHat is the sign that you believe in Jesus?
We see a move of God by Pastor Chris, we say he's fake??
Even the pharisees called Jesus fake. i'm sure many of us now would have done worse to Jesus if we had been born during His time on earth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Popular Nigerian Pastors Never Liked TB Joshua / Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) / Church Of Satan Replies Nigerian Man Who Wants To Join Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.