Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,485 members, 7,923,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 01:28 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments (75332 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by TayoD(m): 12:25am On Jul 13, 2007
@Pillarbeck,

Hello, i'm new here. You guys don't know nothing yet. A time is coming when anyone who's not grafted into this great outpouring of God's Spirit  would feel very much left. out. For God says in the last day He'll pour out His Spirit upon all flesh.
This signs shall follow them that believe, in My name, they shall cast out devils, they shall speak in new tongues (some are against this one), they shall eat anything deadly and it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hands on the sick and the sick shall recover.
WHat is the sign that you believe in Jesus?
We see a move of God by Pastor Chris, we say he's fake??
Even the pharisees called Jesus fake. i'm sure many of us now would have done worse to Jesus if we had been born during His time on earth.
Welcome on board. I hope that is enough niceties to help you swallow the truth that I believe you will find unpalatable.
Please read through the prophecy in Joel that you quoted and you will find that the qualifier is ALL! I don't believe that makes it an exclusive preserve of Oyhaks and his brand of followers. What I have seen so far is nothing more than mediocrity and idolatory. If it was the same spirit as we saw in Acts, one of your Pastors will not survive stealing money from his workplace and bringing it as a gift to your your church while receiving a commendation letter from Oyahks. One who even brought his own money and lied about the full price of the land was struck dead in the Atmmosphere that was present in the book of Acts.

You guys emphasis on miracles is what makes you easily deceived. So may I ask you one question? Is T.B. Joshua now of God simply because he performs miracles? At least, his "miracles" are known to be more spectacular than Oyahks. Besides, Oyhaks has now copied Joshua with his signature finger pointing. Who els will Oyaks copy? From Benny Hinn to T.B. Joshua! Could Olumba Olumba be his next role model?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by darfur(m): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2007
@adeyinkat,
like i said in the other thread, i reiterate, we can now classify your pastor chris in the same category as george bush, kanu, okocha, madonna, brad pitt, demi moore, genevive nnaji, pete edochie, maradona, michael jackson sharon stone etc etc as stars whom people hero worship and get autographs from. grin grin grin grin

dude wake up. God is a jealous God and this ur pastor chris is being hero worshipped in God's name.

@TayoD
after apparently copying benny hinn and t.b joshua, let's hope and pray he doesn't copy rev king o shocked
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Pillarbeck(f): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2007
I'm not a member of christ embassy but i strongly believe that the Spirit of God is on Pst. Chris. We are not expected to judge anyone before time!!!
How many of you feel fulfilled in the churches you've been attending? How many of you has God spoken to personally? Many of you run to your pastors when you need solutions. Many cannot even discern God's plan for their lives.
Many churches like Christ embassy will soon spring up in Nigeria, just wait and see. God's Spirit will be so evident in this generation because these new churches would hasten His coming!
Watch out!!
I've had many relationships with God. And i've seen lots of vision about this.
If you're not bearing fruits, you'll soon be left behind!!! ANd on that day, many shall say "had i known"
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Pillarbeck(f): 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2007
Book of Jude (from your bible)

8 Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves. 11 Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, have run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit, and perished in the rebellion of Korah.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Pillarbeck(f): 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2007
TayoD:

@Pillarbeck,
Welcome on board. I hope that is enough niceties to help you swallow the truth that I believe you will find unpalatable.
Please read through the prophecy in Joel that you quoted and you will find that the qualifier is ALL! I don't believe that makes it an exclusive preserve of Oyhaks and his brand of followers. What I have seen so far is nothing more than mediocrity and idolatory. If it was the same spirit as we saw in Acts, one of your Pastors will not survive stealing money from his workplace and bringing it as a gift to your your church while receiving a commendation letter from Oyahks. One who even brought his own money and lied about the full price of the land was struck dead in the Atmmosphere that was present in the book of Acts.

You guys emphasis on miracles is what makes you easily deceived. So may I ask you one question? Is T.B. Joshua now of God simply because he performs miracles? At least, his "miracles" are known to be more spectacular than Oyahks. Besides, Oyhaks has now copied Joshua with his signature finger pointing. Who els will Oyaks copy? From Benny Hinn to T.B. Joshua! Could Olumba Olumba be his next role model?

Who is a false prophet?
A false prophet is one who says “Jesus did not come in the flesh”, “Jesus was never born of a virgin”, “He never died on the cross”, “He never rose again”, “He never ascended into Heaven”.

Working of miracles is not a proof that someone’s false.
Any miracle that’s not performed by the authority of Jesus is called “Magic”. Jesus promised that we’d do greater things than He did. If Jesus raised the dead, what stops us from raising the dead? Many cannot be used of God because they’re committing sin against the Holy Spirit, which cannot be forgiven. They have their conscience seared with hot iron.

Anyone who turns people away from Christ is a false prophet. Anyone who leads people to Christ is a true prophet.

We must be careful with what we say because "sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven"

Study 1 John 4
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by TayoD(m): 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2007
@Pillarbeck,
I do not have the time to go into arguments with you. You have only being here briefly and I already see the way you are using the scriptures unscripturally to guarantee a "don't ask, don't tell" policy you have adopted in the way of judge not my annointed.

Anyone who turns people away from Christ is a false prophet. Anyone who leads people to Christ is a true prophet.
By that token, are we to refer to Mohammed as a Prophet? Perhaps you should have told Apostle Paul not to cast out the demon that followed him around pointing at him as a true messenger of Christ who teaches the way of salvation!

By the way, I can't recall if anyone here refered to Oyahks as a false prophet. Reather, T.B. Joshua, his mentor is the false prophet while Oyahks is a compromised Christian.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Pillarbeck(f): 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2007
TayoD:

By the way, I can't recall if anyone here refered to Oyahks as a false prophet. Reather, T.B. Joshua, his mentor is the false prophet while Oyahks is a compromised Christian.

You seem to make yourself a judge:  2Peter 2
How many souls have you won to Christ? DO you speak in tongues? Have you ever asked the Holy Ghost what is right from wrong?
After reading your blog yesterday, i took time to pray for every critic in this forum. God told me that many have lost their way. They seem to reject the labour of love now. A time will come when they'll have to pay by their own blood during the period of tribulation.
Jesus said "I've judged no one, yet if i judge, MY JUDGMENT is TRUE". We cannot tell what is perfect by our feelings or by what we think. I have never in my life judged any man of God.
God has different methods of administration. The way He deals with one is different from another.
And if you want to know, T.B JOshua is not false. People have made him false.
People see T.B Joshua as being foolish,  The foolishness of God is wiser than men. God's ways are not our ways. We should never expect to be pleased by God's method. God is no respecter of persons. I do not speak as a lady but as a Prophetess. God has blessed me with the Spirit of discernment.
God doesn't care about what you believe! whether you believe or not, you can never change God's way.
That one doesn't believe in Hell changes nothing about hell,
Jesus said, "If we have faith, we can move mountains", it sounds foolish, but there's a mystery behind it called "faith".
T.B Joshua moves mountains by the method of administration God has given him.

I know of men of God who behaved well, but later started to preach heresies. Likewise, a man of God could have started falsely, and God must have shown him the real light.
When David took Bathsheba, most people must have started judging him, but how many, by that time knew how David cried to God for forgiveness? We wouldn't have known if the Bible had not kept records. God has the final judgment. You cannot judge without the Spirit of God.
God reveals the truth by His Spirit. Are you filled in the Holy Ghost? The Holy Ghost will not permit me to waste my time, instead He'll make me win souls, God is Love

Yet, i'm not a member of Christ embassy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by TayoD(m): 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2007
@Pillarbeck,

Funny how your hypocrisy screams through your posts. On the one hand you say we should not judge, and on the other, you condemn some people to the tribulation. Talk about speaking from both sides of your mouth.

If indeed you are a Propetess as you claimed, haven't you learnt that even that which you speak must be judged by others before it is accepted as truth? Or how else are we to discern those who are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ, if we do not weigh up their fruits to that revealed by divine revelation?

I have no doubt that you are self delusioned, calling yourself a Prophetess and validating the ministry of T.B. Joshua. Even Oyahks who has turned his back on other ministers for the sake of this T.B. Joshua has not so much as claimed that Joshua is born again. Oyahks keeps dancing around that question when probed because he knows better. But for whatever reason (methinks its money), he can't distant himself from Joshua. How could he claim Joshua is born again when Joshua himself claims he was born again from his mother's womb. Is he not laying claim to righteousness apart from Christ's  by that statement?

You need to check that 'spirit' that deceives you into believing you are a Prophetess. Or could it be that you are a member of the Synagogue? That will explain a lot!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2007
Do you know that all these definitions about salvation you are giving only recently became clearly understood by the church? Then, it was the expeience that mattered and not the definition.
I have read the Prophet's comments on this issue and he  said from a child he had always saught after God(and that is possible). He said, God kept him from doing those things that other young people do: partying, drinking, smoking and so on(which is also possible). He attended the Anglican church as a child and read the bible at sunday school. According to him, His sunday school teacher noticed there was something special about him, a presence whenever he read the scriptures.

Is it possible for God to call a man from His mother's womb? Emphatically yes!

Luke 1

But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

14And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

15For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Have you read about William branham Who never saw a bible but recieved the call as a child?
God used supernatural signs to get his attention. The wind will blow, he will hear God speak audibly, commanding him never taste alchohol. That was all he knew about God, until he began to learn God's word. 

His ministry was characterised by  tremendous manifestations of the Spirit.

Have you heard the story about the founder of the redeemed christain church of God who got his thirst for God satisfied at the cherubim and seraphim church?

What about saint Patrick who was a Roman catholic priest, whom God spoke to in visions and dreams and who was used in a mighty way to bring the Gospel to ireland by miracles signs and wonders. We never hear of the day he answered an altar call. What about mother theresa. Have you found out when she was born again? Why TB Josuah? is it because of the miracles?

Apostle Paul said, i was alive before the law once (that was before the age of accountability) but when the commandment came (time of accountability) sin revived and i died. That is why, little children sometimes manifest certain gifts like visions and healing because of their union with God. Unfortunately, they are many times misunderstood.

I know certain preachers who have spoken carelessly about these issues; well, where are they now? Definitely not in the power of God because he resists the proud.

I know you will come out again to in your usual manner to debunk what i have just said. But a word is enough for the wise. If you do not understand a thing, keep your mouth shut and let God speak to you. You will speak carelessly when you have a pastor that speaks in like manner. But when you are full of the Spirit, you speak from above and not anyhow.

I have looked over the years. All those who said pastor Chris recieved money to say this man is of God have been proven to be liars themselves. They no longer appear to be walking in the Spirit or desiring to be full of Him. It is eveident. They now seek political power thinking they will get from man what they are unable to get from God. It is God that has all power. They are now in a struggle to remain relevant.

Others have by their many false prophesies and empty words, been taken for  jokers. Where is that word of Prophecy that comes with power, making kings to tremble at the presence of God? Where are the prophets?

The most recent  came with the words that our president will die come may 29th 2007. The man is still alive and well. This is the third time this prophet has sspoken falsely.

Yet, these are the same people who have made public the so-called revelations about  T.B.  whereas, those who spoke and published these things in the papers have been flocking into the church, confessing their sins of blasphemy. They declare false stories as thus saith the Lord. They have been exposed and put to shame.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by pilgrim1(f): 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2007
@donnie,

donnie:

I know certain preachers who have spoken carelessly about these issues; well, where are they now? Definitely not in the power of God because he resists the proud.

I hope you realize the few times you've gone over the top in your pride? If it's not going to help pointing fingers at others, don't try putting yourself in the same cublicle you see others in. wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by jeshua(m): 1:48pm On Jul 23, 2007
I have read so many people saying they know Pastor Chris!!!! Someone even told me he didnt school in Nigeria(not on this page anyway). Because you are a keyboardist in his church or even a Pastor, that doesnt make you a close pal, close enough to know him. I have followed his ministry for a couple of years now and I actually noticed the hair go from normal to curls and i have also seen the poor souls in the church too copy him. I was extremely sad one day at Idumota (before I travelled) a guy who obviously attends his church and with the jerry culrs and the suit entered the same bus as I. Well, I don't know the reason behind the tradition but it is definetely not because it looks good. Have taken time to see all the photo copies in the church, sorry second best chris' wearing a curl on their boney "body",
Please don't quote me wrong, I can just imagine what will happen if Jesus Christ comes back and enters the church and ask what and why the jerry curls'? I wonder what the answer will be; "it looks good on us".
The style as really advanced the ministry, a place where "anything " goes.
Is there anybody who has heard of the "fishers" method used by an organisation thought of to be christian but was using women to lure men into their fold. Ihave seen their girls lespecialy on campus lure men to join.My brother almost entered the trap and he was returned to his church and the relationship ended thus( i am not saying that the church is not of God). I put it to any memeber of Christ embassy that 95% of what Chris teaches is way over there head and only the noise and the style of dressing is what they ahve which accounts for the 5%.
I have a picture with me which i do not desire to be on e-bay showing Pastor Chris with my Brother in law at the university of Benin and that goes to show How much information I have about him.
I always want to ask Christians the question, how much love do you ahev for Christ and your Pastor? The Berean christian didnt allow the popularity of Paul to enter ther head instead checked everythin-EVERYTHING he said with the sriptures. The life of Paul was about Christ, the life of the Apostles was all about Christ. They wont do anything that will make their disciples to err in the matters of the kingdom.
I have seen with churches to day which does not care about discipline and so permits anything to happen and i know what the book of revelation says about them:

Rev.2:18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write the following:“This is the solemn pronouncement of the Son of God, the one who has eyes like a fiery flame and whose feet are like polished bronze: ‘I know your deeds: your love, faith, service, and steadfast endurance. In fact, your more recent deeds are greater than your earlier ones. But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and by her teaching deceives my servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. have given her time to repent, but she is not willing to repent of her sexual immorality. Look! I am throwing her onto a bed of violent illness, and those who commit adultery with her into terrible suffering, 76 unless they repent of her deeds. 2:23 Furthermore, I will strike her followers 77 with a deadly disease, 78 and then all the churches will know that I am the one who searches minds and hearts. I will repay 79 each one of you 80 what your deeds deserve. 81 2:24 But to the rest of you in Thyatira, all who do not hold to this teaching 82 (who have not learned the so-called “deep secrets 83 of Satan”), to you I say: I do not put any additional burden on you. 2:25 However, hold on to what you have until I come. 2:26 And to the one who conquers 84 and who continues in 85 my deeds until the end, I will give him authority over the nations 2:27 he 87 will rule 88 them with an iron rod"

what is the spirit of jezebel that God didnt destroy but awits her repentance, check back into the old testament and see that all that Jezebel cares about is how she looked and how her husband will look. If the logic is it looks good on them, then they all have a problem or probably SICK.

I dont know, upon all the seeming problems Chris notices with churches around which characterizes his messages now (the other day he was talking about the symbol of the bird on a church logo, i am not a redeem member but everyone knows redeem CCG have got a bird upside down their logo), why Chris wont talk about all the men in his church with curls like he does. Or is the new creature of the book of corinthians not enough but need help from mortals. I dont really know, i know many of theri memebers who have a lifestyle that even an unbeliever condems but they are the "waz up Pastors" in the campuses.
I am not against him or the church but my stand is WHAT WOULD JESUS DO
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by jeshua(m): 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2007
bY THE WAY FOR EVER CARES TO KNOW, MIRACLES IS NOT THE SIGN OF A MAN OF GOD:
aCTS 8:9-10 But there was a certain man called Simon, who previously practiced sorcery in the city and astonished the people of Samaria, claiming that he was someone great, 10 to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, “This man is the great power of God.”
AND IT DOESNT A PERSON NOT TO BE OF GOD, what of Jonah who God sent and he proclaimed, can you imagine what happened after nothing happened upon his true proclamation. Jonah knew his image was at stake especially with the personality of God who is merciful. That city historicall returned to their sinful ways because they thot maybe the message of jonah was a lie-Nineveh is totally distryoed now.
So stop shouting that the miracles makes him, he doesnt even have a part in it-IT IS ALL OF GOD'S GRACE
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by jeshua(m): 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2007
Pastor Chris is a man of God I do believe that but remember this

"THE BEST OF ALL MEN IS STILL A MAN"; Let Chris be man and he is not the role model anyway Jesus is and Jesus was strict with image his disciple had of him because he knew they will tend to look like him
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by TayoD(m): 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2007
@donnie,

I know you will come out again to in your usual manner to debunk what i have just said.
You bet I will. Thank God for the knowledge He gave so we don't get deceived by magicians using christian terminologies.

Are you now validating the ministry of T.B. Joshua? Are you that blind or just plain gullible? Are these the evidences provided by your Pastor? Did you think any through in light of divine revelation? O my God, if this is what Christ Embassy has turned to, then things are much worse than I thought. How my heart weeps and breaks for the many who are being "spoiled" in that church.

I will not address the many trash you wrote but only address the scriptures yu refered to. That is my passion: the defence and propagation of the gospel.

1. That John and some other OT prophets were filled with the Holy Ghost from their mother's womb does not make it a NT teaching. I hope you know the Gospels are really a part of the OT. In this day and age, the only way you get the Spirit of God is through faith in the Lord Jesus. Any spirit you receive apart from that is not that of Jesus Christ. There are many spirits in the world and they will gladly oblige you when given the chance. Please ask Muhammad! Your boldness at creating doctrines to fit una lifestlye don pass be careful! It seems some of you have gone beyond the state where you can be taught and we can only hope God will reach you when we give ourselves to prayers.

2.The age of acountability Paul mentioned is common to all flesh and not those that have the calling into the five-fold ministries. Do you realise you are only trying to find scriptures to defend the indefensible? Can't you see the loophole in your effort? You are altogether telling us by that token that Joshua did not need Christ since he never came out of that age of accountability? If he did, at what point did he realise he was a sinner and needed the forgiveness and salvation of Christ? Please let us know!

You talk about the fact that he attended Anglican school but fail to mention the muslim schools he attended too. You also fail to tell us that in Joshua's church (I don't know if he took it down now), is an inscription beside the potrait of Jesus on the cross saying: "There is no deity (God) but Allah". This is a direct quote from the Qu'ran. Is this the man you call a prophet? Whose Prophet if I may ask and what have you seen in his ministry for you to tag him a Prophet?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 6:39pm On Jul 25, 2007
TayoD:

I will not address the many trash you wrote but only address the scriptures yu refered to. That is my passion: the defence and propagation of the gospel.

Really? i did not know that. As a matter of fact, by your manner of approach to spiritual matters, you appeared to me simply as a well educated unbeliever. Becasuse if you are truely in defence of the Gospel, you'll let the Holy Spirit take charge of your mouth so you do not speak without the necessary power to truely defend this gospel which you say you believe; Neither will you talk carelessly about those who proclaim that message.

TayoD:

1. That John and some other OT prophets were filled with the Holy Ghost from their mother's womb does not make it a NT teaching. I hope you know the Gospels are really a part of the OT.

I don't remember calling it a New testament teaching. I was only showing you possibilities so that you do not become confused when you see certain things happen. i do not doubt the fact that the gospels are old testament.

TayoD:

In this day and age, the only way you get the Spirit of God is through faith in the Lord Jesus. Any spirit you receive apart from that is not that of Jesus Christ. There are many spirits in the world and they will gladly oblige you when given the chance. Please ask Muhammad! Your boldness at creating doctrines to fit una lifestlye don pass be careful! It seems some of you have gone beyond the state where you can be taught and we can only hope God will reach you when we give ourselves to prayers.

Let me tell you something, I am only tring to bring to your conciousness, the proper christian approach to these things. I was not there when he was a child. I am only telling you what i read that he said. At least i am not qualifying his statements with thus saith the Lord . You may not believe it but i tell you, a child that is born to Christian parents and raised as such will not be far from the presence of God. He might even find it difficult to tell when exactly he accepted Christ becasuse he can't remember being without him.

I remember that  growing up as a christian, i came across some christians who try to make you feel bad because you cannot remember the exact day you were born again. Well i don't not remember mine (but i can at least remember the month and year) but you can't cheat me out of believeing i am saved. The evidence is all around me. Glory!

TayoD:

2.The age of acountability Paul mentioned is common to all flesh and not those that have the calling into the five-fold ministries. Do you realise you are only trying to find scriptures to defend the indefensible? Can't you see the loophole in your effort? !

I really do not understand you. Are not those who are called into five fold ministry first christians? Did they not become christatins first? I have not given the impression that i am defending TB or have i? I am only trying to get you to see and talk the way Jesus does. I am not making an effort to make  him a prophet or a chrsitian. He is who he is no matter what i say here. In fact i think you are the one trying to make me appear to be defending him; even going as far as telling me what doctrines i believe and what it is that Josuah believes. Are you God?

TayoD:

You talk about the fact that he attended Anglican school but fail to mention the muslim schools he attended too. You also fail to tell us that in Joshua's church (I don't know if he took it down now), is an inscription beside the potrait of Jesus on the cross saying: "There is no deity (God) but Allah". This is a direct quote from the Qu'ran. Is this the man you call a prophet? Whose Prophet if I may ask and what have you seen in his ministry for you to tag him a Prophet?

Well, If you think i will come here and begin to lie in the name of revelation like some do in  order to achieve their selfish aims then you are mistaken. I am only telling you what i heard him say. I am not one of those who prophe[i]lie[/i]. Please someone should ask this guy if he has seen that quote with his own eyes. And talking about taking the inscription down; does that not look like[i] leaving a way of escape if found out to be a lie[/i]. I can only judge by their words. The only way i know Pastor Okotie or Bakare or even Kumuyi is born again  is by their words. I do not follow any of them home to find out for myself. Let us assume that he had that inscription there, is it impossible for him to have discovered that that was a wrong inscription?

Again, what if he really has not repented ( even though from what i see form his life and messages, he appears not only to have repented but to be leading many in the way of repentace all around the world)? well when i face the master at the judgement seat of christ, i will say, i only let God's Word be the standard.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by jeshua(m): 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2007
TayoD:

@Pillarbeck,

please hold it still. You are treading on dangerous grounds my brethren.
I have submitted my view but dont speak about these people in such a manner. Let God himself deal with them. I know how you feel but it is not for us to judge them anyway. TIME will tell with all there lifestyle which does nothing to protray Christ, time will tell. A muslim once said to me, if any of there church memebers come to preach to him, he wont change because what he sees on them can even make him go back three fold into sin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by wakiri: 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2007
hahahaha, T.B Joshua grin
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/tbjoshua.html
Don't be deceived!!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by buluti(m): 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2007
I had thought this thread was dead and was quite happy with that.

But as I keep reading some comments in here its really really scary.

When someone can say i follow Pastor Chris as he follows Christ. How?? Do you still need a mediator. Why not just follow Christ directly as Pastor Chris follows Christ directly.

I keep reading this fallacy on miracles and signs, it is the most worrisome. My question is who says there are no signs where the name of Christ is being preached and who says the Holy spirit doesnt show up in gatherings with the same manifestations?

I really don't know how i would feel if am told where i currently fellowship that the Gospel is "different", its good to be unique, its good to be special as the very hair on our head is numbered, but different i don't know. If ever i want to leave for whatever leason e.g. move to Iraq or something does that imply am missing out on God, that i can't grow and receive from God else where in the same measure if not more. I must either start that same ministry or listen to tapes from that ministry only or approved names from that ministry. Scary
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2007
buluti:

When someone can say i follow Pastor Chris as he follows Christ. How?? Do you still need a mediator. Why not just follow Christ directly as Pastor Chris follows Christ directly.

I keep reading this fallacy on miracles and signs, it is the most worrisome. My question is who says there are no signs where the name of Christ is being preached and who says the Holy spirit doesnt show up in gatherings with the same manifestations?

I really don't know how i would feel if am told where i currently fellowship that the Gospel is "different", its good to be unique, its good to be special as the very hair on our head is numbered, but different i don't know. If ever i want to leave for whatever leason e.g. move to Iraq or something does that imply am missing out on God, that i can't grow and receive from God else where in the same measure if not more. I must either start that same ministry or listen to tapes from that ministry only or approved names from that ministry. Scary

Why do you use the statements of a few people to come to your rather generalised conclusion.

Rebels in the house of God seeking to raise others like themselves.

If Christ Embassy were not built on God's living word, it will not be where it is today.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2007
jeshua:

I have read so many people saying they know Pastor Chris!!!! Someone even told me he didnt school in Nigeria(not on this page anyway). Because you are a keyboardist in his church or even a Pastor, that doesnt make you a close pal, close enough to know him. I have followed his ministry for a couple of years now and I actually noticed the hair go from normal to curls and i have also seen the poor souls in the church too copy him.

So much for one who knows pastor Chris embarassed

You have followed his ministry for several years and all you noticed were his curls; how sad. That reminds me of Jesus' brothers ( even James) who will not believe until the man died was buried and raised again fromthe dead. It also reminds me of Nazareth  where the power of God could not be manifested because of their unbelief. They said, is this not the carpenter's son?

Brother, Your having been close to him i would say was more of a dissadvantage than an advantage to you. Because all you saw was Chriso and not pastor Chris.

jeshua:

Please don't quote me wrong, I can just imagine what will happen if Jesus Christ comes back and enters the church and ask what and why the jerry curls'? I wonder what the answer will be; "it looks good on us".
The style as really advanced the ministry, a place where "anything " goes.

You are clear enough no need to misunderstand you.

You are so carnal! To imagine that a hair style will advance a ministry. I remember years ago, some people will come to church and advice the pastor of our small local church then to stop the women from wearing trousers and leaving their hair open; saying[i] many people want to come to church but wouldnt because you wear trousers and leave your hair open. [/i] Sounds nice hun? But they were lying through their teeth because the same people are now the ones saying that we have a large church becasue as you say, anything goes. May God forgive you. The Holy spirit is the one building the Church today not a hair-do.

And don't be decieved, before Jesus asks about hair-do, He will first ask whether it was wiser for you to spend your time bad-belleying other christians instead of doing his work.

jeshua:

Is there anybody who has heard of the "fishers" method used by an organisation thought of to be christian but was using women to lure men into their fold. Ihave seen their girls lespecialy on campus lure men to join.My brother almost entered the trap and he was returned to his church and the relationship ended thus( i am not saying that the church is not of God).

There you lie again, or maybe it is your unbel brother who is lying to you telling you that the girl is trying to lure Him to church. Is the church now a brothel? The girl he was chasing after has given her life to christ and is asking this guy who would not leave her a alone to join her to church but he refused because he knows it will change everything.

jeshua:

I put it to any memeber of Christ embassy that 95% of what Chris teaches is way over there head and only the noise and the style of dressing is what they ahve which accounts for the 5%.

Why do you allow this envy to take over you? Are they calling your name in their shouting? Dont you know that just like you have babes in the hlouse of God, you have the men as well?

jeshua:

I have a picture with me which i do not desire to be on e-bay showing Pastor Chris with my Brother in law at the university of Benin and that goes to show How much information I have about him.
I always want to ask Christians the question, how much love do you ahev for Christ and your Pastor? The Berean christian didnt allow the popularity of Paul to enter ther head instead checked everythin-EVERYTHING he said with the sriptures. The life of Paul was about Christ, the life of the Apostles was all about Christ. They wont do anything that will make their disciples to err in the matters of the kingdom.

Picture? It only goes to show what kind of a sad situation you have found yourself in.

jeshua:

I have seen with churches to day which does not care about discipline and so permits anything to happen and i know what the book of revelation says about them:

Rev.2:18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write the following:“This is the solemn pronouncement of the Son of God, the one who has eyes like a fiery flame and whose feet are like polished bronze: ‘I know your deeds: your love, faith, service, and steadfast endurance. In fact, your more recent deeds are greater than your earlier ones. But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and by her teaching deceives my servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. have given her time to repent, but she is not willing to repent of her sexual immorality. Look! I am throwing her onto a bed of violent illness, and those who commit adultery with her into terrible suffering, 76 unless they repent of her deeds. 2:23 Furthermore, I will strike her followers 77 with a deadly disease, 78 and then all the churches will know that I am the one who searches minds and hearts. I will repay 79 each one of you 80 what your deeds deserve. 81 2:24 But to the rest of you in Thyatira, all who do not hold to this teaching 82 (who have not learned the so-called “deep secrets 83 of Satan”), to you I say: I do not put any additional burden on you. 2:25 However, hold on to what you have until I come. 2:26 And to the one who conquers 84 and who continues in 85 my deeds until the end, I will give him authority over the nations 2:27 he 87 will rule 88 them with an iron rod"

what is the spirit of jezebel that God didnt destroy but awits her repentance, check back into the old testament and see that all that Jezebel cares about is how she looked and how her husband will look. If the logic is it looks good on them, then they all have a problem or probably SICK.

My dear, take that your preaching elsewhere; maybe your church will be most appropriate for that message.

jeshua:

I don't know, upon all the seeming problems Chris notices with churches around which characterizes his messages now (the other day he was talking about the symbol of the bird on a church logo, i am not a redeem member but everyone knows redeem CCG have got a bird upside down their logo), why Chris wont talk about all the men in his church with curls like he does. Or is the new creature of the book of corinthians not enough but need help from mortals. I don't really know, i know many of theri memebers who have a lifestyle that even an unbeliever condems but they are the "waz up Pastors" in the campuses.
I am not against him or the church but my stand is WHAT WOULD JESUS DO

What is his message if I may ask? You who claim to know him.

What has carrying curls got to do with worshipping a bird?

What has looking good got to do with idolatory?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by buluti(m): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2007
buluti:

When some[b]one[/b] can say i follow Pastor Chris as he follows Christ. How?? Do you still need a mediator. Why not just follow Christ directly as Pastor Chris follows Christ directly.

@ donnie thank you for your "brotherly" response. I am unsure of what you meant by rebels in the house of God wishing to raise others like themselves.

Please read my earlier post i was careful to use some[b]one[/b] and some attempting not to make generalizations. You need to try and analyze issues in the proper context and not use stereotypes or mindsets. The teaching i was referring to was quite frequent from members of the subject ministry and that was why i stated it was scary understaning that it might not be all members that share same sentiments.

With the frequency of such comments and there been no rebutal from members such as yourself who might know better to advise them, that "Christ" is the only one we need for our christain walk, its good to admire our Pastors and recognise thier office but when we use them as the standard, it is quite scary.

I would have thought you (donnie) would have advised the fellow but instead you are quick to identify a "rebel".

I also dont know where i stated that Christ Embassy was not built on Gods words, please be careful.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by pilgrim1(f): 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2007
buluti:

I would have thought you (donnie) would have advised the fellow but instead you are quick to identify a "rebel".

I also don't know where i stated that Christ Embassy was not built on Gods words, please be careful.

Good word, buluti.

@donnie, please calm down and use your God-given intelligence. Hero-worship, at whatever level, is a bane to true spirituality in Christ.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2007
Thanks for your comments and that of Buluti. Actually, nobody is worshiping anybody here. Pls understand that it is almost impossible for one who has no identity but Christ's to mislead anyone. His message is clear. He never seeks to introduce or glorify himself. The man exhudes humility.

He is a blessed man and by him, millions are being blessed around the world. Many are coming to know of their divine herritage and inheritance in Christ.

So just like i do not want to appear to be an advocate for Christ Embassy, but the Word; i will also wish that you be careful not to be seen as one of those who seek the downfall of this great man of God, looking for faults where there really aren't any.

Hardly any preacher in Nigeria will pass the kind of tests he has passed and remain standing.

A testimony to the lifting and sustaining power of God's Word.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by buluti(m): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2007
donnie:

Thanks for your comments and that of Buluti. Actually, nobody is worshiping anybody here. Please understand that it is almost impossible for one who has no identity but Christ's to mislead anyone. His message is clear. He never seeks to introduce or glorify himself. The man exhudes humility.

He is a blessed man and by him, millions are being blessed around the world. Many are coming to know of their divine herritage and inheritance in Christ.

So just like i do not want to appear to be an advocate for Christ Embassy, but the Word; i will also wish that you be careful not to be seen as one of those who seek the downfall of this great man of God, looking for faults where there really aren't any.

Hardly any preacher in Nigeria will pass the kind of tests he has passed and remain standing.

A testimony to the lifting and sustaining power of God's Word.

@ donnie, its okay we wont see you as an advocate of Christ Embassy, because its not about Christ Embassy its about our walk as christains.

Its not my intention to pick your words because i understand what you are trying to say, but statements like "by him, millions are being blessed" is what am scared about. Yes he is a vessel in the masters hands and doing great works, but it not him "but christ that lives in him".

I look forward to when you guys will speak and there would be less emphasis on him and more on Christ. It is Christ that is at work in him, and nothing is done "BY HIM". Might sound simple but many could be misled with such little mixups. Christ Embassy is what it is today because Gods grace evidenced by God's grace on your pastors life and not because of anyone (him inclusive).

And please leave the level that many are wishing for anyones downfall. Do you know that many ministries and preachers are facing different challenges. Theres nothing too great about what Christ Embassy has or will go through, e.g. KICC was indicted for misuse of funds by the UK authorities, you don't think thats a challenge to that ministry as well. So please free yourself, focus on the issues, "Christ" and him alone.

Many preachers in Nigeria are facing their own test everyday and are still standing.

We pray that as long as they are called by his name, they will will pass through situations standing and coming out better. The same way we all face our issues everyday.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by karli4nia(m): 9:26am On Aug 08, 2007
Besides the quite recent property tussel with RCCG folks which was really ungodly for mature christian folks as such, could it be that Rev Chris has been so busy to like mixup with a bunch of other penticostal christian denominations at least the notable upcoming ones and even the bigest ones. i contantly see Rev Oyedepo,Adeboye attend certain big christian gatherings as key guests.I really hope its not as a result of the past beef with Okotie(his next door neighbour) on the "JOSHUA SAGA". Well i was only looking at a scenerio where we can have ecumenical christianity where irrespective of our different congregations and denominations we can ever still all abide in love and live all as one for Christ. Remember the Apostle paul tells us in his letter to the corinthians that we are all one body in Christ.A body without an arm or leg or other parts however small aint a complete body.So lets all strive to build Ecumenical christianity in love where we shun such thing as turning againts or beefing the practices and doctrines of other denominations.Let us rather focus on what we have in common than our rather insignificant differences. I believe we agree more on many issues than we can ever disagree.Looking forward to such revolution in JESUS NAME AMEN.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by karli4nia(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2007
The ignorant expression of critics and sceptics on issues boardering Rev Chris and other men of GOD dosent really matter.The bible tells us that things of the spirit are spiritually diserned. we can only pray that according to Saint Paul's prayer that God in his infinite mercies would open the eys of their understanding and bring em to true knowledge.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by ivirtue: 2:25am On Aug 09, 2007
wow! its nice to see how well people know their word. Donnie, I totally feel where you are coming from. it was funny to see that people would go so far to hate on the man of God that they would even hate on his fair. I wasnt even mad about that. I just thought it was funny. Well, I totally love Pastor Chris! I have never been in a church service with Him, but that man is soo a man of God. i also love the people in his church., their spirits are soo open to receiving. its amaizing! I wish churches were like that all over the world.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by ivirtue: 2:26am On Aug 09, 2007
i meant hate on his hair,
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by angestel(f): 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2007
hello to every one , i have been hearing so manythings about pastor chris, i wil like to contact him for a problem , please anybody who knows his email adress should please help me with it , iwill be very greatfull if you do and the almighty God will continue to bless you abondantly , thanks God bless you all
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by karli4nia(m): 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2007
go to www.christembassy.org- to locate a nearest christembassy church around. you can also get phone contacts there and emails and consequently, the way out to what ever it is you are facing. peace be onto you. its well in JESUS name.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by jeshua(m): 6:08pm On Sep 01, 2007
donnie:

So much for one who knows pastor Chris embarassed

You have followed his ministry for several years and all you noticed were his curls; how sad. That reminds me of Jesus' brothers ( even James) who will not believe until the man died was buried and raised again fromthe dead. It also reminds me of Nazareth where the power of God could not be manifested because of their unbelief. They said, is this not the carpenter's son?

Brother, Your having been close to him i would say was more of a dissadvantage than an advantage to you. Because all you saw was Chriso and not pastor Chris.

You are clear enough no need to misunderstand you.

You are so carnal! To imagine that a hair style will advance a ministry. I remember years ago, some people will come to church and advice the pastor of our small local church then to stop the women from wearing trousers and leaving their hair open; saying[i] many people want to come to church but wouldnt because you wear trousers and leave your hair open. [/i] Sounds nice hun? But they were lying through their teeth because the same people are now the ones saying that we have a large church becasue as you say, anything goes. May God forgive you. The Holy spirit is the one building the Church today not a hair-do.

And don't be decieved, before Jesus asks about hair-do, He will first ask whether it was wiser for you to spend your time bad-belleying other christians instead of doing his work.

There you lie again, or maybe it is your unbel brother who is lying to you telling you that the girl is trying to lure Him to church. Is the church now a brothel? The girl he was chasing after has given her life to christ and is asking this guy who would not leave her a alone to join her to church but he refused because he knows it will change everything.

Why do you allow this envy to take over you? Are they calling your name in their shouting? Dont you know that just like you have babes in the hlouse of God, you have the men as well?

Picture? It only goes to show what kind of a sad situation you have found yourself in.

My dear, take that your preaching elsewhere; maybe your church will be most appropriate for that message.

What is his message if I may ask? You who claim to know him.

What has carrying curls got to do with worshipping a bird?

What has looking good got to do with idolatory?

Donnie or whatever please strop patronizing me and please I am not a kid and if you have the unbiased view of things even I was wrong, you will know that I was addressing issues and not the person of Chris. Please, get off myback. If he is now your God and the inner newness isnt enough for you and nothing is wrong with the way you look, kep the opinion to yourself and to the blog. What have I said that seems an attack on his personality, if I comment on the fruits I see, am i wrong. Wont we know them by their fruits? I am not saying Chris is not a man of God and who am I to say -NAY! All I am saying is that what shall it profit a man with the outward appearance being the focus and importance. Christ embassy doesnt have to say the outward appearance is not their focus but what will an unbeliever quickly notice -christ or curls. I know your kind (dont mean to be rude) but I didnt just become a believer when all these mushroom churches sprang up (not embassy anyway). And i have seen a load of them come and go, you are young and I know what propably moves you but listen to me-ask yourself, who do you really love the most-Chris or Christ? You are not the first christian to answer the question, Paul said the Corinthian church had the same problem with making clear who their priority was-Paul (the great man of God), Appollos (the eloquent speaker/teacher) , Peter(the exhaulted church leader who took the first step at pentecost) or JESUS CHRIST the one good enough to die and be raised for you and I. Study ! Corinthians to really know what made Paul ask them the question he asked.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2007
I am not on your back man.

I am only concerned when i see people speak ignorantly.

For your information, i do not carry curls and also for the records, i actually attempted doing a head count of those who wore curls in church on a particular sunday after seeing your post. After a hard search, i could only find one person.

Man, what we carry is the divine presence of Jesus. That is what we seek to introduce and so far we have been successful by his grace. And He keeps giving us more grace to reach more people.

That's the way it always goes. You first try to discredit the man of God, when unsuccesful, you call his church members hero-worshippers.

Well, God's knows best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Popular Nigerian Pastors Never Liked TB Joshua / Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) / Church Of Satan Replies Nigerian Man Who Wants To Join Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.