Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,545 members, 7,901,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:24 PM

Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl (19443 Views)

Nigeria Rental Car Operator Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia(photos) / Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder / Mob Kill A Policeman In Gombe For Allegedly Killing A Man (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by BetaThings: 10:27am On Sep 28, 2012
seun-O:

boy,read my post diligently and do not mis-interpret my words.OR
do you hear me say boys wearing big chainz should be put to death or should be hanged and false pastors should be burnt,am only expressing my thought based on the topic.
1. You don't have to call anyone boy because your thoughts don't show advanced years
2. If you post diligently, people will reward it with same
3. The response is about this topic too.
Why should a policeman threaten people at checkpoints. This happens?
Why should policemen be shooting innocent people and get away with it. Partial list
Apo 6 (Abuja), Awosika (Lagos), This girl (Lagos), ThisDay's journalist (ThisDay)
The list is endless.

And we need to judge everyone (Pastors, Imams, whoever) and apply the law based on the offence (Murder, Fraud, Stealing etc). We should be equal before the law

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 28, 2012
LUDALOOLO:
And how will u feel if... the girl happen to be ur sister or daughter.
_
I'll feel bad, really bad. So bad that I wouldn't wanna wish that on my worst enemy. Or in this case, his family.
abysirius: Do u want him to walk home a free man? This devilish act needs to be corrected and dat's all. Killing d guy in my opinion is not even d best punishment for him, he should b jailed. A life imprisonment is better. @least, he go hear am b4 himsef die.
_
I never said the dude should walk free. Like you correctly said, life imprisonment is way better. At least then he would have the time to reflect on his actions and show remorse. Killing him is just having mercy on him 'cause when he has proper time to look back on what he's done, when he's confronted with that guilt, that's when justice has been served!
Remzolution: You sound lyk one of dos religious hypocrites...what if dat lil' girl ws ur daughter or sister? Justice of ds sort serves as deterrence against reckless n careless shootings. Do u knw hw many cases of manslaughtr by d police goes unpunishd? Ds one hr is bt one treatd out of a hundred if nt more!
_
See my reply above. Incarcerating him can serve as a better deterrent than killing him.
shinken:
Killing him is to serve as a deterrant to others not to bring her back. Or put in crude language, wait till your mother(or any loved one) is killed before chanting '....makes the whole world blind'
_
Imagine this scenario, if you can: he kills my daughter, I kill him. His son kills me, my brother kills his son, his son's lover kills my brother, my brother's kid kills his son's lover. That's the cycle of revenge. That's the cycle of hate.
gbadexy:
Killing the guy would act as a deterrent to prevent the police from killing someone else next time, someone that may be close to you.
Where in the world do you hear police shooting at a car for simply refusing to stop?
They are allowed to shoot if shot at first or they are armed, not shoot at a fleeing car. They can always chase the car or get the car description. Do you know how many people would be killed in U.S and U.K if their police shoots cars that refused to stop.
_
Again, see my posts above.
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by seunO4: 11:15am On Sep 28, 2012
BetaThings:
1. You don't have to call anyone boy because your thoughts don't show advanced years

cos i know you are not a girl

2. If you post diligently, people will reward it with same.

And where in my post have i not write diligently?

3. The response is about this topic too.
Why should a policeman threaten people at checkpoints. This happens?
Why should policemen be shooting innocent people and get away with it

they are not getting away with it,like i have said earlier there are various ways of punishing offenders apart from sentencing to death.
Killing the police man will not bring back the dead to life
. Partial list
Apo 6 (Abuja), Awosika (Lagos), This girl (Lagos), ThisDay's journalist (ThisDay)
The list is endless.

And we need to judge everyone (Pastors, Imams, whoever) and apply the law based on the offence (Murder, Fraud, Stealing etc). We should be equal before the law
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:40am On Sep 28, 2012
Na wa for this kind of Kangaroo judgement o. Hanging someone when he didn't have an intention to kill? This is a case of manslaughter. By d way, how come we are still hanging those who hae been sentenced to death? this is the year 2012 and not 1950! undecided
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by BetaThings: 11:57am On Sep 28, 2012
vivacious vivi: Na wa for this kind of Kangaroo judgement o. Hanging someone when he didn't have an intention to kill? This is a case of manslaughter. By d way, how come we are still hanging those who hae been sentenced to death? this is the year 2012 and not 1950! undecided
What do you mean he did not have an intention?
How many soldiers have killed people by accidental discharge? Police claim AD all the time
These guys aim and shoot; they threaten people by pulling their gun and aiming. They actually say it that they would shoot
Go and check the clips of those killed during the last fuel protest at Ogba and Lagos -Ibadan Expressway
When they came calling, the Channesl TV reporter covering a story had to run for his life and had to surrender his camera and film at gunpoint
At what point do we determine intention really
Even when you are following their trucks in traffic, their guns are trained at the upper part of your body
The current IGP while a CP in Lagos was arrested by the police who did not recoginse in mufti and they had started framing him before he now told the guys, "I am your CP and I just wanted to experience first hand how you guys actually conduct yourselves". He told the story in a Punch interview years ago
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 28, 2012
If i were the judge (bearing in mind that he has been sentenced already), i will sentence him to solitary confinement for 50 years - and he will only drink garri - even if the price of garri goes up in the market. . .

And oh, firing squad after (if he is still alive that is)
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by damoobaba: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
I don't know that word, sorry. But answer me this, really: does killing the bloke bring the girl back to life? If so, go right ahead. If not, well that's murder. Two murders don't make a life.
He should be given a pat on the back abi? So that Nigerian Policemen can now take their killing spree to the next level knowing fully they'll only spend some days in custody with their fellow police/warder frnds.Pls think before you type next time.
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by BetaThings: 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2012
*dhtml:
If i were the judge (bearing in mind that he has been sentenced already), i will sentence him to solitary confinement for 50 years - and he will only drink garri - even if the price of garri goes up in the market. . .

The guy implicated in Apo 6 case (a policeman) disappeared in police custody. The police will surely find a way of releasing one of their own and replacing him with another (innocent?) soul.
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by Remzolution: 12:04pm On Sep 28, 2012
seun-O:

dear remz,

have you forgotten what God's word says "vengeance is mine........and i am going to reward each one according to its own deeds".

I am not one of those so-righteous as you have claimed but i believe there is another means of passing punishment other than killing cos God's word says "do not kill for you shall be killed"
may b i get d angle u r coming 4rm, i am a christian as wel n i surely undrstnd d bible's teachngs...at d same tym, u ought 2 know dt being a christian doesn't necesarily mean u b isolatd 4rm civilizatn n as far as u r nt, u shud knw dat u r undr a law n u shud respct dat. Christ himself said 'giv 2 caesar wat's his'. 'tho we r in ds world, we r nt of ds world'. So my frnd, wat u said cud more likely apply in d case of ur evryday dealings wif pple in ur immediate environment, nt in d case whr d law has 2take charge. Or xcept u r against 'law n equity', unless u prefr living in d era whr if a cheek is slappd u turn d oda...n dat wil amount 2 fascism n a state of chaos n shambles!
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by Remzolution: 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
damoobaba:
He should be given a pat on the back abi? So that Nigerian Policemen can now take their killing spree to the next level knowing fully they'll only spend some days in custody with their fellow police/warder frnds.Pls think before you type next time.
dnt mind him, wat he just said doesn't mk him anymore better than d one he called bloke...mst of ds guys dnt evn bother 2 reasn b4 typing, deir senses r jst 2 lopsided n irrational.
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by intrepid: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
Pysam: Oh oh this is blood for blood God help us
why are you crying blood for blood...ARE YOU NOT been hypocritical here? IF THEY HAD set the policeman free you would still come here to shout injustice.Abeg
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by uncleb(m): 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
naptu2: 1) Circa 1987, policemen at a check point at the junction of Adeniji Adele and Idumagbo Avenue shot at a danfo bus which they claimed refused to obey their order to stop (the danfo driver would later claim that the policemen tried to extort money from him). The bullets missed their target, instead hitting and killing Saka and Momodu Dawodu.

Lagos Island erupted in violence. Policemen had to ditch their uniform and change into mufti to avoid being lynched. The government was desperate to quell the riot because Lagos Island was just a few kilometres from the Presidency at Dodan Barracks. Reinforcements were called in. You would not believe the amount of tear gas that was released around Central Lagos (the tear gas lead to the death of Alhaji Lateef Jakande's father).

Two policemen were arrested. One pleaded guilty and was quickly hanged. The other pleaded not guilty, lost the case and appealed all the way to the Supreme Court. He was hanged in 1989.

2) This particular policeman faces a very long time on death row, because the government cannot hang him. According to law, only a licensed hangman, who has gone to the hangman school, can hang a person sentenced to death in Nigeria. There are no licensed hangmen in Nigeria. The last time somebody was hanged in Nigeria was in 1995 (Ken Saro-Wiwa and colleagues). A licensed hangman was brought in from Ghana to hang them. There are no licensed hangmen in Ghana anymore. Since then, everybody that has been sentenced to death in Nigeria has had to spend an indefinite period on death row. A lawyer is trying to get all of them freed on the grounds that waiting indefinitely for death is cruel and inhuman punishment.

Note: Hanging is the only legal means of executing a person in Nigeria. The military used death by firing squad, but that means of executing a person is not in our statute books.

Please can we get volunteers to go on this special course. I guess its one of the specialty we need to curb all the evil practices in the country.

We also need info on schools that offers them and govt should be willing to give scholarship sponsors. otherwise, our constitution or whatvere should be changed with immediate alacrity. lol
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by nannyniger: 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
i think the ban of this police men from standing on the road is a good measure,the other time also a police had to gun down an innocent man because of argument over #20 note I think they still do this because they are quick to escape and after wards there is no serious consequence for their actions. What a country'-however, the govt still needs to investigate other means of making the high way safe for users when the police is not there .
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2012
I think this is a justice for the first time in this country
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by smalls001: 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2012
Oh no. I think this is manslaughter NOT murder. Why carry capital punishment.....
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by 19naia(m): 8:07pm On Sep 28, 2012
is there still fireing squad execution in nigeria? I remember i used to see from the public road into the Navy base near satelite town where they performed fireing squad executions..
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by lekanladepo: 10:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
Are we sure they are going to execute the policeman as the judge said? I think we all know what is going on now in Nigeria now? But if paraventure the policeman was killed would that act or kind of guff attitude will stop the police killing in Nigeria? I think the answer lies under the controversial of our government...........
Re: Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl by jamesbaba: 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
Do you know your device is suspectable to malware, spambot, virus & Trojans. Also it is not immuned against theft. But dont panic, we have got software that can:
~Immune your device, gives you a real time protection against malware, virus, Trojans.
~ Antispam and anti-theft features.
~With simple SMS comand, you can remotely locate, lock or wipe your Andriod device in an event its lost or stolen.
~You can even configure SMS, MMS & Voice antispams by defining contacts with customizable list or simply block messages & phone calls from unknow numbers.
~Keep you application runing at optimal speed.
~SMS, MMS, Application scanning before they download.
~Device optimization, contact back up and restore.

Hurry now while stock last. You can call or sms Fm: 08066920770...