Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,391 members, 7,940,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 07:16 AM

Becoming A Visual Effects Director In Nigeria - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Becoming A Visual Effects Director In Nigeria (1390 Views)

Who Would You Award Best Nigerian Film Director (in The Options)? / Movies Before And After Visual Effects (pics) / What Movies Actually Looked Like Before Visual Effects Were Added (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Becoming A Visual Effects Director In Nigeria by Whalewale(m): 11:00am On Jan 16, 2008
hey guys i have been into some 3d and compositing works and was wandering what it would take to become a visual effects director in the film industry,

Lets start from the Nigerian film industry for example, What shuld i do or work on in order to become a well known visual effects director in our movie industry. Adding the fact that i dont have any video gagets/essentials such as HD cameras and willing actors & actresses that wuld enable me to do a short film, ?
Re: Becoming A Visual Effects Director In Nigeria by papilonmex: 11:27am On May 01, 2008
Yeh man, im totally in support of ur intention, i am also planing on doin sum course on visuall effect in Escape studios in london.
If you dnt mind me asking, wat progammes have u been familiar with
Re: Becoming A Visual Effects Director In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 2:22pm On May 01, 2008
gys if you have any info on how to go about it,pls do post it on here as its smething i have been looking to do as an extra
Re: Becoming A Visual Effects Director In Nigeria by iice(f): 1:31pm On May 02, 2008
Shouldn't you have like some knowledge of visual effects undecided
And you can use your 3d models to practice on.  Or you could get friends to be actors.
You need some sort of decent equipment.
Maybe you can show some of your works to people in the film industry undecided
Don't know how things work in the industry back home. . .sorry

Oh you need connections undecided
Re: Becoming A Visual Effects Director In Nigeria by Whalewale(m): 7:31pm On May 03, 2008
i guess its really going to be tough in this country
Re: Becoming A Visual Effects Director In Nigeria by iice(f): 1:44am On May 04, 2008
If its something you really want to do. Don't let the hard road deter you.
It'l be nice to have some decent effects in those movies.
I wish you the best of luck

You may want to check the 'How to Make Friends In the Movie Industry.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-131005.0.html

It will be of help

(1) (Reply)

I Think Papa Ajasco Sucks? What U Think? / Pls, Where Can I Download Chinese Movies On My Android Device? / Checkout The Newly Added Cast Of Jenifa’s Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.