Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,830 members, 7,906,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:19 AM

Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. (14214 Views)

Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times / Anambra Governorship Debate Live On AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by orelove4liff: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2012
I pity dis country of critics.even if u kil urself 4 ppl,they wont appreciate it.even ppl stil blame God.i dont belong to any politica party bt i must tel u dat mimiko is d best gov in southwestern part of nigeria.mimiko performed to d extent dat for d 1st tym in his tinubu,gov aregbesola of osun and oshiomole of edo state agreed dat mimiko had performed but dat they want acn to rule all d six southwestern states.abt 2weeks ago,tinubu said it bodly dat mimiko betrayed acn because he promised to decamp to acn in less dan his 1st 30days in office which made me to knw dat sumtin is wrong with nigeria cos tinubu didnt say dat mimiko had betrayed ondo pple but acn.osun state gov once said dat mimiko performed but ondo state cant be left alone and dat acn must rule ondo state.guys lets use our common sense cos common sense is common.dat means had mimiko agreed to join acn and performed below his current achievements,tinubu&co would hav bin refferin to him as d best governor in history.guys lets wake up.as 4 me o,no 1 can fool me

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by Twy: 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2012
Mimiko still has a whole lotta work to do. My issues with Mimiko has a lot to do with the way his supporters tell everyone in Akure that the people are behind them and it will be a landslide, I will prbably vote for Mimiko, but I don't think he is perfect, actually far from it but I just don't trust Ondo politicians anymore. One issue is politics of bitterness and feuds, MImiko is a master and as a citizen of Ondo, it has to be stopped unless we will all suffer in the state. Just take a look at the dome, Agagu had a prior project before he left, Mimiko came in abandoned the conference center and started a dome with 1.5B now he seems to have abandoned the dome, in between both of them Ondo state probably lost millions of naira or maybe hundreds of millions becuase both of them can,t see the other get one naira anymore from the state, so becuase of one naira Ondo should loose millions. Two, he should focus on good management/public administration as a key to enahance development in the state and not just projects, the civil service is rotten and there are few jobs in the state, he should make the civil service better and enhance project quality and delivery instead of wasting billions of naira on consultants who would be jettisoned by the next administration and which will inherit a rotten civil service. Some consultants make about 5% or more(through mago mago) on capital projects, a job a better qualified civil servant can do. Lastly, Ondo state is poor in job creation, I schooled there and I can say the brightest in high school are in Port Harcourt, Lagos or Abuja, the feeling is that the state is for the mediocre or if you want to be a crooked politician. The civil service employs less on merit but connections to crooked politicians further gettting the place rotten. HE may not realise it, but a lot of young people feel his toga of man of the masses is actually man of the mediocres and the opportnunity for better quality jobs are still not there.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by orelove4liff: 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2012
Sum1 also posted dat mimiko's security vote was 4billion.where were u wen ur lord in ACN in person of tinubu was accusin federal government dat d 921billion naira dat FG budgeted as security vote was too small?what is d security votes of lagos,ogun,osun,ekiti,oyo&edo? U ppl are bias and sentimental and dats y one can neva hear d truth 4rm u ppl cos of ur personnal interest.can u ppl tel me of any acn gov who has performed as mimiko?am nt talkin abt lagos cos is rich enof to giv allocation to any of d southwest states.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by orelove4liff: 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2012
Twy: Mimiko still has a whole lotta work to do. My issues with Mimiko has a lot to do with the way his supporters tell everyone in Akure that the people are behind them and it will be a landslide, I will prbably vote for Mimiko, but I don't think he is perfect, actually far from it but I just don't trust Ondo politicians anymore. One issue is politics of bitterness and feuds, MImiko is a master and as a citizen of Ondo, it has to be stopped unless we will all suffer in the state. Just take a look at the dome, Agagu had a prior project before he left, Mimiko came in abandoned the conference center and started a dome with 1.5B now he seems to have abandoned the dome, in between both of them Ondo state probably lost millions of naira or maybe hundreds of millions becuase both of them can,t see the other get one naira anymore from the state, so becuase of one naira Ondo should loose millions. Two, he should focus on good management/public administration as a key to enahance development in the state and not just projects, the civil service is rotten and there are few jobs in the state, he should make the civil service better and enhance project quality and delivery instead of wasting billions of naira on consultants who would be jettisoned by the next administration and which will inherit a rotten civil service. Some consultants make about 5% or more(through mago mago) on capital projects, a job a better qualified civil servant can do. Lastly, Ondo state is poor in job creation, I schooled there and I can say the brightest in high school are in Port Harcourt, Lagos or Abuja, the feeling is that the state is for the mediocre or if you want to be a crooked politician. The civil service employs less on merit but connections to crooked politicians further gettting the place rotten. HE may not realise it, but a lot of young people feel his toga of man of the masses is actually man of the mediocres and the opportnunity for better quality jobs are still not there.
u shldnt 4get dat mimiko can neva do everytin.if he does everytin wot wil d next governor be coming to do?bible says "do ur best and leave d rest".mimiko wil do his best and leave d rest 4 d next governor to continue.have all acn governors done everytin in their respective states?did tinubu do every wen he was governor?if yes,wot has fashola been doing as gov since 2007?why are they hailin fashola as one of performin govs?dat shows almighty tinubu didnt do everytin in lagos while in office

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by gseintegrity(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2012
OCT 20! OCT 20! OCT 20! GOD KNOWS BEST. HMMMMMM
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by Odaveboy(m): 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2012
[q[b]uote author=Mr. Globe][/b]
...........................Mimiko has already won on arrival.[/quote]..............................................

4 ur mind
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by yemyem4u: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
I dont know y some people don fear God because of their own selfish interest,am a student of AAUA@economics dept and i paid 23,400 naira dis session.How many skul pay low like dat in d contry.....

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by Twy: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2012
"u shldnt 4get dat mimiko can neva do everytin.if he does everytin wot wil d next governor be coming to do?bible says "do ur best and leave d rest".mimiko wil do his best and leave d rest 4 d next governor to continue.have all acn governors done everytin in their respective states?did tinubu do every wen he was governor?if yes,wot has fashola been doing as gov since 2007?why are they hailin fashola as one of performin govs?dat shows almighty tinubu didnt do everytin in lagos while in office"

Ore
Actually, I won't vote for ACN, and I am not saying he should do everything, but the civil service needs to be reformed, I know that becuase he uses consultants and the consultants are being paid a lot of money for jobs the civil service can do. By reforming the civil service he can bring in bright people or command his commissioners (fabo/adeyanju etc) to focus more on public adminsitration. Just basic improvement in management of the state through the civil service will yield results because government will be doing basic things it is supposed to be doing. I actually care less about the other ACN states becuase I am not based there and do not know there antecedents very much to be objective but I am a proud Ondo and citizen, the truthis that Labour may be a 8 year thing and after, he is gone the bitterness continues the opponent are going to rubbish his programmes like he did his opponents and a continuation of the same whole rubbish with no clear direction or a way forward for the state just intermittent blubs of varying levels of change/disturbance with no clear way forward. Trust me ask those who went trhough IKpeme to Otiko and the disaster of the military regime and now. The latter is just a binch of musical chairs.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by switch47(m): 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
QUESTION? What has become of mimiko's white elephant DOME project through which a lot of money has been stolen? Has mimiko commissioned any road in 3.5 years? I was at ijapo estate primary school akure and half of buildings is already delapidated, same goes for 95 percent of schools in ondo state all we hear is make believe stories of mega schools, THE immediate past governor renovated all those schools , completed and commisioned roads before the end of 4 years in office. Mimiko has completely ignored roads in akoko area which is in a sorry state. I challenge him to publish the cost of the oba adesida bus stops and water foutain plus other things they claim to have done. The lp has stolen more monex than any gov in ondo history.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by orelove4liff: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
switch47: QUESTION? What has become of mimiko's white elephant DOME project through which a lot of money has been stolen? Has mimiko commissioned any road in 3.5 years? I was at ijapo estate primary school akure and half of buildings is already delapidated, same goes for 95 percent of schools in ondo state all we hear is make believe stories of mega schools, THE immediate past governor renovated all those schools , completed and commisioned roads before the end of 4 years in office. Mimiko has completely ignored roads in akoko area which is in a sorry state. I challenge him to publish the cost of the oba adesida bus stops and water foutain plus other things they claim to have done. The lp has stolen more monex than any gov in ondo history.
am nt suprised by ur comments abi are u nt a nigerian?
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by playmode(m): 6:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
Can any one tell me about Ilaje ,the seaside area in ondo state.I am a property developer and i have a project which i want to lunch in that area within the next decade.Any information and photos about ilaje will be very much appreciated.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by jeroton: 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2012
Its so funny when u hear people in nl.they are not in ondo state they but they judge by what they watch on tv I'm right now in ondo state the way it look on ground akeredolu will win
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 02, 2012
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by aavvuu: 3:48am On Oct 02, 2012
pls wat programs d guy hardly sed notin
chemashie: I love the programmes highlighted by the ACN unlike the current governor.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by aavvuu: 3:52am On Oct 02, 2012
lol, its obvious u not on ground
jeroton: Its so funny when u hear people in nl.they are not in ondo state they but they judge by what they watch on tv I'm right now in ondo state the way it look on ground akeredolu will win
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. by walekemi: 2:05am On Oct 12, 2012
aketi was a disappointment,how on earth can l vote for a man who does not know where a motor park is located in Akure?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election Debate On AIT On Oct 29th And 31st 2013. / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G !!! National Collation Gives Buhari The Lead / Atiku, Tambuwal, PDP Ask Court To Dismiss Wike’s “Frivolity, Baseless” Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.