Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,970 members, 7,938,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 02:39 PM

What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? (18119 Views)

What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? / June 12 Annulment: How Has Nigeria Fared? / What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by BrutusOj(m): 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
A fool @ 52 is a progressive fool 

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by garripack: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2012
Orikinla: [size=18pt]1. Increasing the population of jobless youths in Africa with over 33, 000,000[size=15pt] more than 80% of Ngerians are jobless people.[/size]
2. Increasing the population of people living with HIV/AIDS in Africa with over 3, 330, 000 people.
3. Increasing the population of intellectually retarded graduates who know more about Facebook than Nigerian books GBAM.
4. Increasing the population of foreign students in Ghana with over 100, 000 Nigerians who spend more on their education in Ghana than what the Nigerian government spends on annual budget for education in Nigeria.TRUE TALK
5. Producing the most criticized President in the history of the world.[size=15pt](GEJ BREATH OF FRESH AIR)[/size]
6. Producing the richest black man on earth who is afraid to sleep with his eyes closed in his village, because he is tormented by the lunatic fringe of his Islamic religion, a religion that breeds terrorists, suicide bombers and other lunatics on rampage in Nigeria, the Middle East and other parts of the world.
7. Producing a Yoruba billionaire who spent over $1 million on his daughter's wedding, but thousands of girls and boys in his hometown cannot afford university education and are jobless school leavers.(WHO ABEG......)
8. Producing the biggest political party in Africa and also the most corrupt.(PDP)
[s]9. Producing lip synching hip hop artistes who don't pay tax, but claim to be big boys simply for paying prostitutes to dance half naked in their mediocre night club music videos, but cannot afford to pay live bands.[/s] THATS NOT OUR PROBLEM ITS YOURS
10. Producing geniuses who are the most patriotic citizens in the country, but who are underpaid on and off campus.[/size]LOL NOW YOU SPILLING OUT YOUR PROBLEM
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Emmy9ite(m): 3:59pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria is just a name of a country. It cannot achieve anything for itself. The question should be 'what have you achieved for Nigeria?'
Dont wait for the government to do everything for you, identify a problem and solve it for money. #Peace

3 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Castos(m): 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2012
Disappointment iiis all i can say
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria has achieved nothing in most cases!!

bombs are being manufactured in nigeria by a terrorist group

politrikans loot billions of dollars while a BB stealer is burnt alive

floods is the norm of the day while our ministers spews "there's nothing we can do"

almajiris protests a film made in america which they havent seen and probalby wont have an acess to youtube to watch it

bakassi is about to be dashed away and nothing is being done to fight such a monumental mistake

the cabals still exist and will soon be given chieftaincy titles while a poor man suffer for their tyrancy

T.A orji and his ilks are still alive when they should be shot on sight for gross misrulling

potholes shares the same braggin right with our roads yet our leaders are still ONTOP of the situations

a poor man dies cos he cant afford the hospital bills and yet our leaders fly their families and friends abroad for treatment while our hospitals are abadoned for the middle class

school fees are increased to an unbearable heights and yet our leaders wants the masses to pay through their anus to send their kids to school

rick ross comes all the way from the states to show our slums in a video for all to see and yet we, the masses that suffer in those slums, rain abuses at him...SMDH!!!

Our former leaders who ought to be locked up for corruption are throwing insults at each other calling each other a fool at 70

To top it all, david mark is begging the same colonial masters that we should have left years ago to come and salvage our disgraced security officers.

Chai, dike anaaaaaaaaaaaa...(the great has fallen)

what fela kuti sang and ojukwu saw way back, is what is happening right now yet we thought they were joking back then

well in our day to day phrase, let us continue our "SUFFERING AND SMILING" o jare

4 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Delfino: 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
It is either the cup is half-empty or half-full.
It is how you see it.

The question is "What are you doing in your little way to make Nigeria better" ?

Moaning and groaning will not change a thing !

4 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by miss9ja(f): 4:06pm On Sep 30, 2012
Sorry guys, I'm new here
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Lakayana: 4:06pm On Sep 30, 2012
Who said we have not achieved anything what about BOKOHARAM and ALIMAJIRI SCHOOLS. Deportation of our female pilgrims do you think it easy to detain over a thousand women from one country? Did Ebori not break record former governor serving jail term for corruption in another country? 9ja we hail thee.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by damola1: 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2012
oh boy, in last 1 year.. light don improve...

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by paleson(m): 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2012
We have achieved a very big thing that no any other country has achieved, which is CORRUPTION.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nothing.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
At least our president now eats cassava bread and our lunatic cbn governor wants to covert 50 naira to coins so that if I go for a wedding I will use the coins to break peoples head.

Absoltely bombs are now manufatured and not imported, this country is not working period

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
miss 9ja: Sorry guys, I'm new here
welcome cutie...over here you will see sycomphants, mad peeps, garri peeps, beautifull&fugly fellaz and wivez, intelligents guys that will improve your day to day living, bigots e.t.c..i could go on and on but time would't permit me.
In other words, you will see the good, bad and ugly side of the entire nigerians and to a large extent the world..just be yourself and say your mind without allowing anybody ride on you...ciao..happy sunday beauty

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Adufaye(m): 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2012
coruption grin
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by omiobo: 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
I dont see nigeria of today,i see nigeria of tomorrow by faith.
Nigeria shall be a great Nation

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Emmy9ite(m): 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2012
welcome on board. You are not looking bad
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by miss9ja(f): 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
lalaosky:
welcome cutie...over here you will see sycomphants, mad peeps, garri peeps, fugly fellaz and wivez, intelligents guys that will improve your day to day living, bigots e.t.c..i could go on and on but time would't permit me.
In other words, you will see the good, bad and ugly side of the entire nigerians and to a large extent the world..just be yourself and say your mind without allowing anybody ride on you...ciao..happy sunday beauty

Thanx a lot fwend, I ve heard so much about d site so I decided Ť☺ join today
Hapi sunday Ť☺ U̶̲̥̅̊ too
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by theplanmaker: 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2012
52 years nd counting....nothing will change, nothing will improve because we celebrate corruption and mediocrity, we sit back and lament our pitiable condition, we are hungry in d midst of plenty. Luxurious wealth in d hands of a few nd abject poverty for d majority, yet we can't hold our leaders accountable, they can do and undo because they know that like diapers we will absorb all the "shit".they keep playing us like fools because we will never react! All we ever do is fight with our key pads, and complain about how our father's generation failed us. But i tell you this until we take back our land by means of a revolution, or show our leaders that we are capable of action, we have failed our next generation and they won't 4give us! As a matter of fact we deserve wat we are getting!

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2012
Hmmmm... I'm in a good mood today, and I won't sound too pessimistic... With that being said, when I look at Nigeria - I see a country struggling for an identity, with disenfranchised citizens, corrupt elites, and a country where money rules everything...

However, Nigeria has come a long way, and despite its obvious failures/underachievements - it has its own achievements, no matter how meagre they might be...

- Nigeria went from having a less than 20% literate population 1960 - to about 80% in 2012(should have been higher if not for the North)... However, it can be argued that Northerners are literate in Islamic education as well, no matter how we look at it...
- Bringing stability to Liberia, Gambia, Guined Bissau, South Sudan, and Sierra Leone - is definitely an achievement...
- Nigerian music and entertainment industry has overachieved...
- A Nigerian company suppling internet access to millions of Nigerians/West Africans is an achievement...
- Nigeria has an alright banking system for African standards...
- The surge in the Nigerian middleclass is an achievement of some sort, if we compare it with what's attainable in the declining middleclass in most western countries...
- Nigerians have a high purchasing power/raw cash compared to most African countries...
- Lastly, we've come a long way from independence(when the whole country was RURAL) - to what we've got now...

Nigeria needs a lot of improvements, though...

6 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Utch13: 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
Orikinla: [size=18pt]1. Increasing the population of jobless youths in Africa with over 33, 000, 000 jobless people.
2. Increasing the population of people living with HIV/AIDS in Africa with over 3, 330, 000 people.
3. Increasing the population of intellectually retarded graduates who know more about Facebook than Nigerian books.
4. Increasing the population of foreign students in Ghana with over 100, 000 Nigerians who spend more on their education in Ghana than what the Nigerian government spends on annual budget for education in Nigeria.
5. Producing the most criticized President in the history of the world.
6. Producing the richest black man on earth who is afraid to sleep with his eyes closed in his village, because he is tormented by the lunatic fringe of his Islamic religion, a religion that breeds terrorists, suicide bombers and other lunatics on rampage in Nigeria, the Middle East and other parts of the world.
7. Producing a Yoruba billionaire who spent over $1 million on his daughter's wedding, but thousands of girls and boys in his hometown cannot afford university education and are jobless school leavers.
8. Producing the biggest political party in Africa and also the most corrupt.
9. Producing lip synching hip hop artistes who don't pay tax, but claim to be big boys simply for paying prostitutes to dance half naked in their mediocre night club music videos, but cannot afford to pay live bands.
10. Producing geniuses who are the most patriotic citizens in the country, but who are underpaid on and off campus.[/size]

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Utch13: 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
Orikinla: [size=18pt]1. Increasing the population of jobless youths in Africa with over 33, 000, 000 jobless people.
3. Increasing the population of intellectually retarded graduates who know more about Facebook than Nigerian books.
4. Increasing the population of foreign students in Ghana with over 100, 000 Nigerians who spend more on their education in Ghana than what the Nigerian government spends on annual budget for education in Nigeria.
5. Producing the most criticized President in the history of the world.
7. Producing a Yoruba billionaire who spent over $1 million on his daughter's wedding, but thousands of girls and boys in his hometown cannot afford university education and are jobless school leavers.
8. Producing the biggest political party in Africa and also the most corrupt.
9. Producing lip synching hip hop artistes who don't pay tax, but claim to be big boys simply for paying prostitutes to dance half naked in their mediocre night club music videos, but cannot afford to pay live bands.
10. Producing geniuses who are the most patriotic citizens in the country, but who are underpaid on and off campus.[/size]

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by miss9ja(f): 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
[quote author=Emmy9ite] welcome on board. You are not looking bad[/quot

Emmy thanks
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by mankand(m): 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@@

the yaribas coupled with their aboki cohort has maintained severe tribalism which hinders a lot of progress the igbo are ready to make for the good of the country

100,000,000 like including ileke

What progress have you Yigbos made for Nigeria?
Nothing..
In Malaysia, China, Singapore, Pakistan, India, Saudi Arabia, Thailand few to mention Several Nigerians are on either life Jail or Death Row for several Drug Offences
Even In Nigeria here your brothers are still caught for Drug Offences

You Yigboos have done no good for Nigeria other than Disgrace.

Thank God I am not a Yigbo Man

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Ikengawo: 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2012
I'm taking note of the names of the people saying insane things on this thread so i can ignore them in the future.
How can you say Nigeria has achieved nothing if we have satelites in space, and noble prize winners.
Some of the people on here don't really have opinions, they just say the loudest craziest thing possible so that people will pay attention to them
you guys aren't people

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2012
Delfino: It is either the cup is half-empty or half-full.
It is how you see it.

The question is "What are you doing in your little way to make Nigeria better" ?

Moaning and groaning will not change a thing !
What can we do please? Tell me what we can do when there is no incentive 4rm the govt.No basic facilities like water. Food is unafordable to d common man i mean g4.Roads are all death traps. Light yeah d same people who destroy our power are buying it again. More violence,bombings,robberies and killings. What can a common man do without security,power,food. The only thing i can point out is electoral reform. If u have more pls add exept offcourse Lagos state led and few other governors from opposition.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by eelvismd(m): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
Godogwu: Nigeria is 52 tomorrow and so we should not have any problems what so ever? Please don't be so gullible....every country had issues of theirs at 52 and still have issues at whatever age they are now. Then again, power has been improving, new and better roads have been built, education is thriving, economy is growing etc.....people should understand that everyone in Nigeria can't boast of success; that is very impossible....some people suffer, some smile and some are very happy, that generally how the world is. I'm forever proud of my country at 52 "Nigeria, great people, great nation"

Are you really serious about this post of yours? If you are, then you must be one of the selfish Nigerians who think about themselves and nothing more...Just in case you don't understand what you just posted, let me put it in clearer perspectives.

1. You are proud of a country blessed with human and natural resources and yet more than 70% of her population cannot afford 3 square meals a day after 52 years of independence
2. You are proud of a country that exports crude oil to other countries and in return imports refined petroluem products after 52 year of independence
3. You are proud of a country whose educational and health systems are nothing to right home about; a country whose leaders are always on the run to Europe and America, including India, for ordinary cold and cough.
4. You are proud of a country from which Malaysia took palm oil seedlings from and today malaysia is earning more from palm oil than what Nigeria earns from crude oil, while we are importing palm oil based products from all parts of the world.

I can go on and on but we all know among ourselves that Nigeria of today is a failed country after 52 years of independence in view of of the human and natural resources God bestoyed her with...So stop deceiving yourself just because you are probably benefiting from the status quo

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by warrior01: 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
Do I join you guys to condemn Nigeria? NO!
Nigeria has really come a long way and for a country with no proper foundation and direction, still being together is a great achievement. I KNOW WE 'LL GET THERE ONE DAY. Congratulations Nigeria
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2012

If you're new, then I'm that guy you to 'follow' and get to know...

I'm trying to bring ancient mathematics to modern man, and your help is definitely needed... wink wink

Shout me. grin
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by indoorlove(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
Godogwu: Nigeria is 52 tomorrow and so we should not have any problems what so ever? Please don't be so gullible....every country had issues of theirs at 52 and still have issues at whatever age they are now. Then again, power has been improving, new and better roads have been built, education is thriving, economy is growing etc.....people should understand that everyone in Nigeria can't boast of success; that is very impossible....some people suffer, some smile and some are very happy, that generally how the world is. I'm forever proud of my country at 52 "Nigeria, great people, great nation"
did you just say people are happy?!? .... U must be kidding.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria, myHome, myCountry, Happy BDay to the country of myBirth.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
Don't worry your little heads, we'll set up a committee to look into it, and then feed you bogus figures, you gullible sheep! Bwahahahaha!
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Maxymilliano(m): 4:27pm On Sep 30, 2012
The country seem to have recorded achievements in the area of an increased number of jet-loving wealthy individuals that cross politics, business and religous bodies. We are currently in the same league with China in the demands for private Jets...

This should count for something or what say you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos From The Burial Of Abubakar Tanko Ayuba / FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today / Tenure Elongation: APC Northern Governors Dump Oyegun, Align With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.