Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,973 members, 7,880,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:24 AM

Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (18276 Views)

Jonathan Okays Sanusi As Supreme Court Justice / Jonathan Okays Oil Jobs For Tompolo, Fasehun, Others / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by nsiadi: 11:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
I like it to take away the shine from the national assembly
During the period they wont talk of impeachment for fear of the masses
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by dBard: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2012
Let's give Goodluck a break,it's actually a good n brave decision. He's got my approval if he can pull this off.
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by fortyfeet(m): 11:23pm On Sep 30, 2012
swoosh: Waste of Time and money. The same old idiots who have run this country down will come and talk nonsense about what should or should not be. Its just gonna be another jamboree- nothing meaningful's gonna come out it. Jonathan doesnt apear to have priorities thats why he caves into cheap pressures. I weep for my dear Nigeria
Why do you count yourself out. You don't think you can be there? Be positive!
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by Demdem(m): 11:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
If its not sovereign then its a waste of time. It will just be another assembly similar to NASS. Will wait till then.
I honestly don't trust tribune reports. The bulk of their stories are prepared from wadata plaza.
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by Demdem(m): 11:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
bayooooooo: GEJ again? Does he now give a damn? A man who does not believe in state police, sees regional integration as balkanisation of Nigeria into "small tiny islands" is suddenly a convert of let's restructure Nigeria? Deception mixed with a dose of propaganda to further confuse the populace. He should try something else. Nigeria will be restructured when guys who actually favor restructuring the country get to power.

Here lies my fears. These rogues aren't to be trusted. However the report said early next year. Before we know it, next year is here already. His sincerity will be revealed.
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by dasparrow: 11:29pm On Sep 30, 2012
@Post

I support an SNC as long as government sticks to the terms of the agreements that will be reached afterwards.
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by luluosas(m): 11:31pm On Sep 30, 2012
I hope the 'majority' will not shout down the 'minority' when we finally sits on a round table to discuss this forced marriage called Nigeria. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Long Live President Goodluck Jonathan!
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by Demdem(m): 11:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
Dejiro: "It was also learnt that the outcome of the planned confab would be handed over to the National Assembly"

Did you guys see this part of the statement?

shocked
Damn it. Didn't read that earlier. Ffuck retardeen and its conference.
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by tosank: 12:29am On Oct 01, 2012
citizenY: [b][/b]IPROPOSE;-

1) ONE UNICAMERAL LEGISLATURE WITH PART TIME MEMBERS... NO PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS PLEASE
2) TWO PARTY POLITICAL ARRANGEMENT
3) PARLIAMENTARY SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT
4) INDEPENDENT CANDIDACY
5) REINTRODUCTION OF 5 YEAR DEVELOPMENT PLANS
6) FEDERAL SYSTEM WITH WEAK CENTER TO CONTAIN THE SCRAMBLE IN ABUJA

Seconded.
Sounds too good to be true that Mr. President is assenting to National Conference, anyway. Hands are crossed.
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by taharqa: 12:33am On Oct 01, 2012
Prof Corruption: Jonathan might not be clueless after all. If he's really in support, it's a great move. Restructure or break the damned country.
There should be "no go areas", discuss everything including the very existence of Nigeria.

ABSOLUTELY NOT....that should be the ONLY 'no-go' area
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by taharqa: 12:40am On Oct 01, 2012
silica: U guys are pathetic. What do most of u use in thinking before responding to a post? Its obvious it not your brain. For years you all have been shouting for National conference now it is in d offing and your tune have changed again. Wow!!! I think you should mke up ur mind what u really want and stop this eternal hatred for anything initiated by this administration. The truth is your hatred wont erase the fact that GEJ is the president, the earlier you accept that and channel your energies to something positive including positive criticism where necessary, the better for the country and your blood pressure.

Bros it is Nigerians just be 'Nigerian'( a cynical lot whose only contribution is criticize even themselves- talk, talk, talk, no action, no real solution proferred). You should pay them no heed
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by jmaine: 1:29am On Oct 01, 2012
silica: U guys are pathetic. What do most of u use in thinking before responding to a post? Its obvious it not your brain. For years you all have been shouting for National conference now it is in d offing and your tune have changed again.

Wow!!! I think you should mke up ur mind what u really want and stop this eternal hatred for anything initiated by this administration. The truth is your hatred wont erase the fact that GEJ is the president, the earlier you accept that and channel your energies to something positive including positive criticism where necessary, the better for the country and your blood pressure.

Pouring libation to the stark truth above . . . .You just said it all

Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by whitecat007: 2:05am On Oct 01, 2012
my thought exactly, you guys are already pooping in your pants.
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=15pt]The Parasites in Nigeria go dey fear now . You know yourselves cool cool cool[/size]
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by whitecat007: 2:16am On Oct 01, 2012
Step in the right direction, applaud Jonathan for this.
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 01, 2012
A holistic review of the present structure of governance must be addressed at the confab. State autonomy (States having their own constitutions) and a 40% reduction in the size of the FG would lead to greater federalism in Naija.
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 01, 2012
D northerner wil b afraid of SNC,because they wil b at d receiving end
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by birdman(m): 4:22am On Oct 01, 2012
It clearly states its just an avenue where you can ventilate your feelings. We already have beer parlours for this, so the confab is useless
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by koruji(m): 4:48am On Oct 01, 2012
I forgot to mention in my post that not only his antecedents on the things he actually set out to do have been found wanting, [size=15pt]but President GEJ has not approved anything like this at all[/size].

This is the handiwork of his propaganda machine trying to prop up a decidedly derelict government!!! Stop falling over yourself over rumours and innuendos.

To tell you that he is not even thinking of approving anything like this look at his statement on Bakassi - the Bakassi issue is a classic case of self-determination that any government worth its salt, particularly one that is supposed to be thinking about a national conference, would immediately do something about.

GEJ's national conference, if it ever happens, will be worse than OBJ's constitutional conference - absolutely nothing to write home about.

samkoro:

Some people just don't know when,what and who to criricise.When GEJ hasn't approved,the conference,u criticised,now he approves it and u are still criticising.Are u under spell to criticise everything?

The success and failure of the conference depends on those thugs and crroks u call senators and honourables at the senate and house of rep
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by koruji(m): 4:54am On Oct 01, 2012
Sometimes I feel bad for the constant barrage of criticism that the FG and President GEJ receives, but when you take a hard look at the innumerable blunders of this government, you will not feel sorry.

You will begin to see that those loud and boisterious criticisms seem to be the only things holding GEJ from dumping Nigerian into the pits of h.e.ll.

How do you condone a president of this same Nigeria going to church and claiming that his commitment to fighting corruption is only second to that of America (and everyone knows it). With all the monumental corruption this government and its Attorney General keeps winking at? Ahhhhhh GEJ!!!!!

taharqa:
Bros it is Nigerians just be 'Nigerian'( a cynical lot whose only contribution is criticize even themselves- talk, talk, talk, no action, no real solution proferred). You should pay them no heed
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by Obiagu1(m): 5:08am On Oct 01, 2012
Now the time is right to sack Yorubas from Nigeria. Non-Nigerians MUST go! Yoruba must leave!

Everyone should go back to his country.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/799572_Countries_in_Nigeria_1900_pngae5a5c9931b6bc3903a8e6d3854bdde5

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by omenka(m): 5:37am On Oct 01, 2012
The topic is anoyingly missleading! It says 'SNC' whereas in the actual body of the article we see it is only a National Conference! There's a world of difference between a SNC and a NC. The NC is gonna be replete with the 'no go areas' which basically renders it useless, in my opinion, in contrast to a SNC. I wonder if the ballz of these rodents we all leaders drop off soon as they step into any political office... A SNC is what we need and not some useless national confab as did in Obj's time..
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by Obiagu1(m): 5:54am On Oct 01, 2012
I'll see you-all in Confab... getting ready to do all that is necessary to get rid of unwanted elements and nuisance in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by EzePromoe: 6:44am On Oct 01, 2012
ndu_chucks: Back in 1993

I suspect the same thing which happened to OBJ's big SNC plans or even worse will happen to this plan of GEJ's, that is even if the story is true.

I'm sorry to say that expecting big ideas such as conducting a SNC from GEJ is like expecting Rick Ross to miraculously outrun Mr. Usain Bolt in a 100meter race.

I dey laugh o.

grin
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by 76virgins(m): 7:11am On Oct 01, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=15pt]The Parasites in Nigeria go dey fear now . You know yourselves cool cool cool[/size]

Lets just wait & see who would have the last laugh.All we do is to talk too much...
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by 76virgins(m): 7:18am On Oct 01, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Lets just wait & see who would have the last laugh.All we do is to talk too much... cool
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by NewsFlash101: 7:41am On Oct 01, 2012
a
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by NewsFlash101: 7:47am On Oct 01, 2012
a
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by onatisi(m): 7:57am On Oct 01, 2012
just as if i knew it,i said it from the begining if the thread ,that the comedy show is about to start,i am really enjoying this thread
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by Akanbiedu(m): 8:07am On Oct 01, 2012
This Jonathan is learning fast. he he. Keeping them busy for the next three years huh.
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by optimistD(m): 8:19am On Oct 01, 2012
koruji: President GEJ neither has the drive or intellectual background (sorry but this is true) to mid-wife a re-structuring of the Nigerian nation.

He can still achieve it if he stops the selfish, self-preserving and deceitful approach to national issues. He must, however, put the actual work in the hands of people that really have insights into the history of this crookedly constructed nation, and know the sound elements of a potentially great nation.

The man has been a great disappointment in so many areas to be trusted with such a delicate task. So, don't get your hopes up, please.

What's more, the man is likely to simply take the report and dump it on the shelves - can anyone say "Electoral Reform Panel" report?

That is the modus operandi of Nigerian governments in the past, and that is the same with President GEJ.

The beautiful ones are not yet born or in Nigeria's case the birth of the beautiful ones is met with the Herod response to the news of Jesus birth!!!
clueless dumb a.ss
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by onatisi(m): 8:19am On Oct 01, 2012
Akanbi_edu: This Jonathan is learning fast. he he. Keeping them busy for the next three years huh.
finally someone is getting the picture ,the first person on this thread to have his thinking cap on.weldone my brother just relax and enjoy the show as u can see it has already begun
Re: Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year by Gbawe: 8:28am On Oct 01, 2012
Akanbi_edu: This Jonathan is learning fast. he he. Keeping them busy for the next three years huh.

Correct. GEJ has become a master at crude deception that keeps him and his cronies ruling looting peacefully. This same man decided emphatically against an SNC because "Nigerians can speak to him through their representatives" i.e Senators et al. Now an embattled Presidency is clutching at straws.

That everything good for the Nation has to have vague and distant time-scales is the biggest indicator of insincerity designed to make people go away holding on to hope while looters buy more time and 'breathing space' for themselves.

There has been a million and one broken promises from GEJ because he is a desperate and insincere man who will say anything to buy time. Next year, they will find another 'Banana' to throw at Nigerians to distract from their earlier promise of an SNC. The whole article is just vague rhetoric with no specific mention of dates or time-defined agenda. This sort of thing is not seen in serious climes.

Akanbi Edu is right. GEJ just plans to keep Nigerians 'busy' for the next three years while him and some become stupendously rich in the Oligarch Kingdom being created by a few who are determined to make Nigeria their private empire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won / OBIdients Organize Free Tutorial Classes For Northern Women & Children (Pics) / Lagos East Bye-Election: Tokunbo Abiru Set To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.