Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,502 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:30 PM

16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG (14593 Views)

FG Owes 16 States N580bn On Rehabilitated Roads / PDP: 17 States, APC: 16 States, Swing: 4 States / Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by 001solar(m): 10:50am On Oct 03, 2012
musKeeto: God is punishing us for our wickedness. Turn away from your evil ways Nigerians and ask for forgiveness..

Waitin happen na only Nigeria dis kind thing dey happen, I beg if u no get any thing to post make u dey waka 4 street
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by cecegorz(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2012
blank:
You guys are funny o. Did you even read the article?

Floods will be between Oct 2 and Oct 10.

Eti-Osa, Ikorodu, Lekki, Surulere. (Most off Lagos o).
Out of these four locations, surulere has no business being in that list, seeing that it has no water body surrounding it like the rest.
The problem here is clogged drainages,
Fashola started well by constructing wide drainage from Babs, coming into Aguda to Orile/Coker but that job had long being abandoned!
Now, we are going to bear the consequences.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by LeCoq: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2012
musKeeto:
Coming from one whose name's Le C0ck... u do know a lot abt d1cks, gay maybe?

they dont call me that for nothing kiddo. am your flat-chested girlfriend's worst nightmare...and of all insects you chose to be a mosquito? your such a R E T A R D
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
LeCoq:

they dont call me that for nothing kiddo. am your flat-chested girlfriend's worst nightmare...
Fake implants?
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by jpphilips(m): 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
jude33084:

Who is "they"? Is it τhe PDP govt Ŧħåϯ said they have done their best Őᵑ flooding undecided Guy believe ♍e those areas are Őᵑ their own sad

i believe you guy, the whole of Ndokwa east in Delta has been under siege, Uduaghan managed to view from kwale without even coming down the vehicle.

meanwhile, 8 persons have been confirmed dead in Ashaka while 13 children are missing.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by luluosas(m): 7:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
Walahi, there were serious thundering last night in Yola, Adamawa State and I was really afraid that, it was going to rain 'heavy'. But thank God, the shower was light. It would have been very disturbing as a result of the fact that, River Benue, which caused some disasters in the recent past in the state is already full.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by Sunofgod(m): 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
The price of 'Garri' will surely rise . . . . . please stock up.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by erinolu(m): 6:14am On Oct 04, 2012
hydeenoble: mumu wey don shayo! d report stated frm now til 10th oct. U ar stil asking when

Bros, i never shayo, na too much garri wey i soak in the morning cause am.

So you say from now to Oct 10th abi, today na October 4, so we get six days to see whether their prophecy..ooops sorry forcast go yakata for ground.

Make we no forget say, the reason why most of these states flood na because them open dam ooo, and because of that most states along the river plain flood. I hope say no be this theory them dey use to forcast another flood again......abi Dam don full again
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by erinolu(m): 8:19am On Oct 04, 2012
erinolu:

Bros, i never shayo, na too much garri wey i soak in the morning cause am.

So you say from now to Oct 10th abi, today na October 4, so we get six days to see whether their prophecy..ooops sorry forcast go yakata for ground.

Make we no forget say, the reason why most of these states flood na because them open dam ooo, and because of that most states along the river plain flood. I hope say no be this theory them dey use to forcast another flood again......abi Dam don full again

NEMA warns of more flooding, urges relocation

NATIONAL Emergency Agency has warned of more flooding in parts of the country.

NEMA Zonal Coordinator, Abuja office, Mr. Ishaya Chinoko, said this during a press conference in Lokoja, Kogi State, on Wednesday.

He warned that there might be flooding resulting from the release of water from dams in Cameroon and Guinea.

According to him, the anticipated flood is referred to as “black flood”.

He advised residents yet to relocate from the banks of River Niger and River Benue to do so immediately.

Chinoko said over 400 communities in Kogi had been submerged by floods so far.

He added that about 3,647 people were rescued in Ibaji Local Government before it was totally submerged by flood.

The NEMA chief said the devastating magnitude of the flooding prompted the agency to seek help from international organisations such the Red Cross and Red Crescent

http://www.punchng.com/news/nema-warns-of-more-flooding-urges-relocation/
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by UjSizzle(f): 11:04am On Oct 04, 2012
Sijo01:

dont underate the velocity of the flood.......Drainages wont help! The already affected state has drainges....... Relocating for the maintime is the answer.
lol if i leave lagos where else wld i go to? On really Delta state has a terrible drainage system so does Anambra.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by tpia5: 10:57am On Oct 10, 2012
any sign of the flooding going down yet?

i was reading somewhere that cameroon will be opening another dam.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Abuja Boko-Haram Holding Facility / Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos / Koshoedo: Lagos Government’s Negligence Contributed To Ikoyi Building Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.