Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,855 members, 7,899,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:22 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (973572 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oluvicki(m): 11:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
oluvicki:
Hello guys, am planning †̥ apply ƒǿř B.Sc this year buh ℓ̊ av few questions †̥ ask... Ȋ̝̊̅§ there still going †̥ ßƐ an Entrance Exam?, and ℓ̊ heard they write the exam in Ghana before ȋ̝̊̅† was cancelled, are they still conducting the exam. Α̲̅πϑ 2. If they still conduct the exam, will shegen Visa ßƐ and advice or there Ȋ̝̊̅§ an alternative α̲̅πϑ 3. ℓ̊ need †̥ know the full gist about applying and the cost Ợ̥Ƒ the Shengen Visa...thanks #TEAMSUCCESS#
Please reply thanks...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2015
oluvicki:
Please reply thanks...

Bros,relax.if u go thru this trend,u will notice that guys here are more conversant wth master degree admission.Though I can't over rule undergraduate own too,bt it's minimal.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 10:49am On Jan 05, 2015
Tobsam237:
Hello,
Considering money an other things,

I pondered on pursuing a Msc in Finland.

But... Before I jump into waters, Wish to its dept:

1. Can I start d processing on Monday and meet up with deadline... (I ve not reg for Ielts, Dnt have a Passport, and d rst)

2. Will 150k b sufficient for d processin (Though, can get a sponsor if travellin clicks)

Check out the UAF website for deadline and do d calculation yourself.if u can still meet up will depend on school deadlines.Majority of application will close by the end of this month.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Oye50(m): 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
Tobsam237:
Hello,
Considering money an other things,

I pondered on pursuing a Msc in Finland.

But... Before I jump into waters, Wish to its dept:

1. Can I start d processing on Monday and meet up with deadline... (I ve not reg for Ielts, Dnt have a Passport, and d rst)

2. Will 150k b sufficient for d processin (Though, can get a sponsor if travellin clicks)
You can meet up but you have to take so many things into consideration. Let's begin, for IELTS, the only means of ID accepted is Passport, even b4 u can register u need a passport number. If u can get ur passport with 2days (which is possible) then u can register for IELTS and at the same time order for ur transcript. In my sch for instance (OAU) ur transcript would be ready within 2-3days. The main challenge however, is getting a date for the IELTS for 10th of this month, ur result should be ready by 22nd or 23rd which is on time, anything after that date, u may not meet the January deadline for most schools. Finally, check for ur courses and schs, there are some schools that their dealine is February, with that u have ample time @ur disposal. As to ur final question, u don't need up to 150k for the processing. The bulk cash is consumed by IELTS (35k online, 38k bank draft)
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
After following this thread in #ghostmode for over a month, I decided to create an account and try to contribute whenever and wherever I think I can. I don't want the thread to die that's why I joined Nairaland. Here's what u need to know about me: I'm a prospective student like most of you so there's a limit to what I know. In view of the above, please try to be understanding when I can't answer a question. I applied with an IELTS score of 8.0, cgpa of 3.79 (unilag) and I pray I get an admission offer. Let's rub minds nairalanders. By God's grace we go storm Finland next September and Enjoy the life in Europe. I have 3 applications: university of Helsinki, abo akademi and jyvalski( I can't remember the spelling... tungbaski maybe lol).

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
kissmylips:
hy House!
on the issue of attaching transcript, my institution said dey cannot giv me my transcript.bt dey sent d copy requested by UAF....i hop dat wont be an issue.

It won't be an issue. In fact, that's how it should be. "Your institution" is d only trusted sender of ur transcript. They WON'T process your transcript unless it's from your school, stamped and sealed. I didn't trust unilag to meet the deadline so I sent the transcript myself, attached a small letter explaining why I did it. They ignored it and sent a mail saying the transcript must come from the school. So far, unilag claimed to have sent the transcript on Monday Jan 5 via a courier service and they're to give me the tracking number tomorrow. I'm hoping for the best. My Advice: whatever you're doing, try to use dhl/fedex IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 05, 2015
ceemac:
hello Friends, I checked up the schools in finland.., hardly did I see any school with the appropriate Masters Degree in Electrical Power System.., Please kindly help me out friends...

you may not find courses that match what you want word for word, but you're more likely to find similar/related courses. That should be the target. The programme description(s) should tell you about most of the courses and help you to decide the best for you. I hope it helps. They don't have as many programmes in Finland as they do in the US or UK. smiley
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 06, 2015
Inufele1:

Yes that's how it should be, UAF won't accept transcript from u, it must be sent by your institution. But mind u, they must send as many copies as the programs u r applying for.

tx though.
so thr is no need attaching photocopies na, cos i ws tryin to mk efforts if i can get a copy frm my school.

secondly,pls wr is d best place to notarize a document in lagos (Island/mainland Precisely)? An address would do.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2015
kissmylips:

tx though.
so thr is no need attaching photocopies na, cos i ws tryin to mk efforts if i can get a copy frm my school.

secondly,pls wr is d best place to notarize a document in lagos (Island/mainland Precisely)? An address would do.

Yes there is ho need to attach any transcript by u, it won't be accepted anyways, except if it's directly sent by by ur school

As for certification u can get it done at the courts either state, federal high courts or magistrate courts I did mine at the magistrate court Oyingbo, it cost N200 a copy
And if u can try to find federal high court, some said here that it cost N100 to do it there.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by uzhi(m): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2015
[color=#550000][/color]
Hello guys and thanks for the good job u have done here.
My transcript was sent yesterday via nipost (registered), but i didnt gave the school any number, just the UAF address. Please should i leave it like that or i should get another one ?
The school am applying to is university of eastern Finland Msc and they only asked for reasearch proposal, but would it boost my chances if i also add a motivation letter ?
Lastly, pls tell me how to get the application number from funima page because the thing is doing me abrakadabra and application for my course starts 7th January.
May you be blessed beyond imagination.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 8:54am On Jan 06, 2015
uzhi:
[color=#550000][/color]
Hello guys and thanks for the good job u have done here.
My transcript was sent yesterday via nipost (registered), but i didnt gave the school any number, just the UAF address. Please should i leave it like that or i should get another one ?
The school am applying to is university of eastern Finland Msc and they only asked for reasearch proposal, but would it boost my chances if i also add a motivation letter ?
Lastly, pls tell me how to get the application number from funima page because the thing is doing me abrakadabra and application for my course starts 7th January.
May you be blessed beyond imagination.

You will get ur application number after u complete and saved an application on UAF's website. It will be at the top right corner of your print out form.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by uzhi(m): 9:34am On Jan 06, 2015
Thanks, what about the transcript which my school has sent ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 06, 2015
uzhi:
Thanks, what about the transcript which my school has sent ?

What number? Application number? I think they'll match the transcript with your application using your name. I saw it somewhere on the uaf site but can't remember. If u still have money and time, u can request for another one sha just to put ur mind at rest. If not, the sent one should be enough.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 06, 2015
@uzhi concerning the letter of motivation, if they didn't ask for it... they probably didn't want it and oversabi dey vex Finland people (due to what is said about dem). I think a letter of motivation would help. Since they didn't ask for it, Keep it short and interesting to read.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hilarybanks: 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
hello peeps. what if I obtain my transcript from my school and send it to UAF using the address of my school as the sender, wont that be okay? kos my sch dey slow well well for all this kind matter.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
hilarybanks:
hello peeps. what if I obtain my transcript from my school and send it to UAF using the address of my school as the sender, wont that be okay? kos my sch dey slow well well for all this kind matter.

Exactly what I did.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by uzhi(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
That's what I did with Tallinn University Estonia and they mailed me today that they have received my transcript from my former school.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
sureb0y:
After following this thread in #ghostmode for over a month, I decided to create an account and try to contribute whenever and wherever I think I can. I don't want the thread to die that's why I joined Nairaland. Here's what u need to know about me: I'm a prospective student like most of you so there's a limit to what I know. In view of the above, please try to be understanding when I can't answer a question. I applied with an IELTS score of 8.0, cgpa of 3.79 (unilag) and I pray I get an admission offer. Let's rub minds nairalanders. By God's grace we go storm Finland next September and Enjoy the life in Europe. I have 3 applications: university of Helsinki, abo akademi and jyvalski( I can't remember the spelling... tungbaski maybe lol).

wats ur IELTS experience? am writing mine on d 10th wit little preparation................though am a bit nervous.

any tips would do.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dayosaurus(m): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
bestsolutionict:
Hi guys...I av sent the finnish exam past questions to those that requested for it...if u never receive your own...pls drop ur email again.

Bro, my email is dayosaurus@gmail.com
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 07, 2015
kissmylips:

wats ur IELTS experience? am writing mine on d 10th wit little preparation................though am a bit nervous.

any tips would do.

I had materials for dem... they helped. for speaking, I think you should try as much as possible to avoid big (pat obahiagbon kinda) grammar. If u've not used a word before, that day is not the day to use it as u would most likely gbagaun with it lol. If u sabi one or two big grammar, chip dem in. For Listening, just remain calm and pay attention all thru. If u miss an info, don't panic... they'll repeat it 90% of the time. E.g "i'm coming to ur house by 7pm", "did you say 7am?"... "no, 7pm" shey u grab? so, don't panic. Just stay calm. For reading. This one isn't as easy as the first two. Read d questions before u attempt to read d passage just to have an idea of what's required (to avoid wasting time), writing... again... no do oversabi. I introduced and concluded. Start writing like this: in this essay, I intend to... (tell d reader what u want to write about even if u don't end up writing all). And end with: in conclusion, this essay has been about... for example: in conclusion, this essay has been about the problems we face in Nigeria as degree holders. I have been able to identify the most important problems such as unemployment, Laziness, favouritism, etc. In addition to explaining the effects of these, I also suggested solutions e.g creating awareness for the youths to know the importance of self-reliancism and empowerment for them to be employers themselves instead of waiting for jobs... Despite the fact that bla bla bla, I personally think if we bla bla bla then bla bla bla will happen. try to end it with your own opinion. Them go think say u be boss ni. If u're wondering whether it's this serious. It is ooo! I wasn't ready to waste money, so I tried my best. The stuff is not hard. Just prepare and don't do oversabi. They want to know if you'd be able to understand in class/express yourself in class. Not to prove that you're the don gorgon of Ecowas. Omo, I dey go sleep. Can't believe I wrote this much. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by uzhi(m): 12:46am On Jan 07, 2015
Just as he explained, just conquer your fear and be at ease. If i had read your message b4 i wrote mine may be i would have score 9.0. Lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 07, 2015
Just to add... they generally think when you pause for long/think too much before u speak, you have a problem expressing yourself, so it's better to speak at the pace you know is most convenient for you and maintain it. Don't form any accent. If the examiner can't hear u well, it's not good. Talk very well and say many things until he/she signals like... oga e don do, I know say u sabi I just dey do my job ni, abeg do make another person enter.

You're welcome

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 07, 2015
uzhi:
Just as he explained, just conquer your fear and be at ease. If i had read your message b4 i wrote mine may be i would have score 9.0. Lol

Lol... wetin u come get?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 07, 2015
Important update for everyone: send as many copies of your transcript as the number of applications you have. My school sent 2 copies. UAF used the two and the 3rd application's still incomplete. I don't think I'd be sending anymore as it cost me a lot already.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by uzhi(m): 3:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
@ sure boy, R 5.5. W 6.5. L 5.5. S 6.0.
INFACT NA D LISTENING Bleep ME UP PASS. I WAS CARRIED AWAY 4 LIKE 1MIN. B4 I REALISED SEY NA TEST I DEY DO, YAWA DON GAS.
THOUGH REQUIREMENT FOR MY COURSE IS 6.0-7.0
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
uzhi:
@ sure boy, R 5.5. W 6.5. L 5.5. S 6.0.
INFACT NA D LISTENING Bleep ME UP PASS. I WAS CARRIED AWAY 4 LIKE 1MIN. B4 I REALISED SEY NA TEST I DEY DO, YAWA DON GAS.
THOUGH REQUIREMENT FOR MY COURSE IS 6.0-7.0

Ah... that's close o. The end justifies d means sha. As long as u meet d required score, all na same. R: 8.5 L: 8.5 S: 8.0 W: 7.5 OVR: 8.0 na wetin I get. Na why I wan use all my power secure admission before d result expire cos I no sure say I fit get 6.0 if I try d test again. No more ginger. All the best sha, na to dey find money remain now. 1.5m before May no be small thing. sad

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
Oye50:

You can meet up but you have to take so many things into consideration. Let's begin, for IELTS, the only means of ID accepted is Passport, even b4 u can register u need a passport number. If u can get ur passport with 2days (which is possible) then u can register for IELTS and at the same time order for ur transcript. In my sch for instance (OAU) ur transcript would be ready within 2-3days. The main challenge however, is getting a date for the IELTS for 10th of this month, ur result should be ready by 22nd or 23rd which is on time, anything after that date, u may not meet the January deadline for most schools. Finally, check for ur courses and schs, there are some schools that their dealine is February, with that u have ample time @ur disposal. As to ur final question, u don't need up to 150k for the processing. The bulk cash is consumed by IELTS (35k online, 38k bank draft)

Oye Chemical Engineering, 2010 set??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by okchris: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
Good day House. Please, I need your assistance for my Cousin. She needs a good school in Finland where she can apply for post graduate or masters without writing IELTS, basically, a school where one can apply with only Transcripts and University Degree. Kindly advice.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2015
okchris:
Good day House. Please, I need your assistance for my Cousin. She needs a good school in Finland where she can apply for post graduate or masters without writing IELTS, basically, a school where one can apply with only Transcripts and University Degree. Kindly advice.

I don't THINK it's possible for this to happen. The English Language test is important to'em. Very important else, they won't process or consider your application. Their shakara is too much cos the competition is sooooo high. If her first degree's from a uni in the US, UK or Australia, they could waive IELTS, etc. But if na naija, it's Impossible. I could be wrong tho.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cjeriia: 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
sureb0y:

I don't THINK it's possible for this to happen. The English Language test is important to'em. Very important else, they won't process or consider your application. Their shakara is too much cos the competition is sooooo high. If her first degree's from a uni in the US, UK or Australia, they could waive IELTS, etc. But if na naija, it's Impossible. I could be wrong tho.
Very correct
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cjeriia: 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
sureb0y:

Ah... that's close o. The end justifies d means sha. As long as u meet d required score, all na same. R: 8.5 L: 8.5 S: 8.0 W: 7.5 OVR: 8.0 na wetin I get. Na why I wan use all my power secure admission before d result expire cos I no sure say I fit get 6.0 if I try d test again. No more ginger. All the best sha, na to dey find money remain now. 1.5m before May no be small thing. sad
Guy u smash d tin. Well done
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by warpedlogician: 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2015
Please how do I know if uaf has received my transcript and application?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (371) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.