Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,716 members, 7,948,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

I'm In Love With An Ogbanje - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With An Ogbanje (19967 Views)

Could This Beautiful Lady I Slept With Be An Ogbanje (witch) ? / A Guy Just Called Me An Ogbanje Cause I Refused To Have Se.x? / Between An Ogbanje & A Witch, Who Would You Choose As A Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by yimiton(f): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2008
sereques:

There is noting called Ogbanje. She is saying that to drive you away. it like the movie "clerksII" (the girl that doesn't want to have sex and told her BF there is a troll living in here pussy" What a bunch of toss
lol, now that was a very funny one. wink grin cheesy

@ tkb417, I agree with you that maths is a great course. I just don't understand it. Try as hard as I did, just couldn't grasp why -2x2 should be -4, or -2/2 should be -1. I hated all those theorems and thought they were madness, but I respected and held in high esteem *I still do* people that understood it like it was so easy. wink
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by jkpretty(f): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2008
yimiton:

lol, now that was a very funny one. wink grin cheesy

@ tkb417, I agree with you that maths is a great course. I just don't understand it. Try as hard as I did, just couldn't grasp why -2x2 should be -4, or -2/2 should be -1. I hated all those theorems and thought they were madness, but I respected and held in high esteem *I still do* people that understood it like it was so easy. wink
Oh my God, this is so funny, are we going mathematical now, I hated math like i hate my shit, ok i think i prefer my shit sef. That thing, dang! i just had to pass it to enter the University. Those things were jargons. I prefer to read the whole encyclopaedia than solve one math. I think the ones i prefered were the maths that led to graphs & construction. But b4 we get there nko. Na wa!

As per the Ogbanje/Abiku thingy i still maintain that they are not in any way related to SS. I only feel that the reason why they are not so rampant like b4 is because just like the world is getting civilized they have also gotten sophisticated. They wait till older ages before they die now. Have u wondered why people have accidents, all survived except one that didn't even have a scratch. Or why a woman died after giving birth to a child, or died on the wedding day, just slumped on xmas or birthday? whatever! My question now is: Is it only women that are Abiku/Ogbanje? Becos this happenings always revolve round women.

Another thing i found out is that not all Abiku has the aim of inflicting pain on the parents. Some purposely come to the world to help their parents to become rich & releave them from their suffering. my 2 cents
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by tkb417(m): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2008
tkb417, I agree with you that maths is a great course. I just don't understand it. Try as hard as I did, just couldn't grasp why -2x2 should be -4, or -2/2 should be -1. I hated all those theorems and thought they were madness, but I respected and held in high esteem *I still do* people that understood it like it was so easy.

JK and Yimiton
You people are very funny. . .without maths, the world will be a whirlpool. Let me leave that for now. Im sure you people are the best with money. Im not too sure of Yimiton but JK, ahh! she likes money and can do a billion calculation without punching the calculator grin grin grin Just kidding o. Working with someone who knows next to nothing about figures will make me go bonkers!

Yimiton, u still havent acted on the mail i sent. Its how many days now? thats not too good.

@Ogbanjes/Abikus
can we have your own side of the story?
are you people for real?
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by yimiton(f): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2008
jkpretty:

I only feel that the reason why they are not so rampant like before is because just like the world is getting civilized they have also gotten sophisticated. They wait till older ages before they die now. Have u wondered why people have accidents, all survived except one that didn't even have a scratch. Or why a woman died after giving birth to a child, or died on the wedding day, just slumped on xmas or birthday? whatever! My question now is: Is it only women that are Abiku/Ogbanje? Becos this happenings always revolve round women.

JK!
This one is another dimension you've brought into the Abiku/Ogbanje saga oh!  shocked

Ogbanjes are sofisticated? This is so ridiculous, what you fellow Nairalanders are telling me here is that people *weather you call them Ogbanje, Abiku or what ever* actually choose the day or how they wish to die.

A lot of women die from child birth for different reasons mostly because they loose too much blood due sometimes to the absence or presence of very low vitamin K to clot the blood. I guess a medical doc in the house will be in better shoes to explain this to us
Those that die in accidents without a scratch probably had internal hemorrhage.

on their wedding days? I haven't heard about that, but it could be anything and any body *including you and I* can die any day and anytime. That doesn't make them 'different', spirtual' or Ogbanjes!

Another thing i found out is that not all Abiku has the aim of inflicting pain on the parents. Some purposely come to the world to help their parents to become rich & releave them from their suffering. my 2 cents
This one is totally strange to me. In my own understanding, what Africans regard as Abiku is a child that dies and comes back over and over again to torment his or her parents, so, I really don't know what direction you're coming from here.

@tkb417,
I doff my cap for all you mathematicians.
Alright then, I'll reply your mail. Don't know if I still got it though. Give me about 30 mins and if i don't reply, send me another mail. It simply means I don't have it again.

tkb417:

@Ogbanjes/Abikus
can we have your own side of the story?
are you people for real?

Exactly, I don't see anyone coming out to say he or she is one, simply because, they don't exist.
Those that might[i] think [/i] they are have been conscientize to think that way.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by jkpretty(f): 11:32am On Jan 22, 2008
@ yimi
i dint bring a new dimension, i'm only thinking loud that the Abikus/Ogbanje would have developed new strategies to things. That was just a chip. i wasn't diverting. But yes o they choose a day to die. They know when they are coming & they choose a day to leave. They could now be forced to stay if the parents are able to chain them down by prayers & deliverance. But just like in those days not many people were familiar with the word of God, they used what they knew which is their charms. And as such when the awareness of Christ came, people used this as a weapon against them. So i suggested they too (Abiku/ogbanje) would have devised another strategies. Which is stronger than the local charms. (Only thinking loud).

I'm suprised u r still asking the question whether they choose a day to leave for the world I thot i explained that ealier [b]"ageless though i puke"[/b]

Just as we have medical explanation to things, there is also spiritual explanation which may not be known to us. Don't get me wrong like i'm in support of a negative thing. I'm just trying to prove the fact that Abiku/Ogbanje ideology is no myth.

I'm tired sef

@TKB
Lol, na u sabi, i enjoy working with my excel spreadsheet any day anytime, without the unreliable calculator. Hope u r good?
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by yimiton(f): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2008
Hey Jk,
of course I know about the theory of their coming and going as well as their agelessness, but pls, let's get real. These things are not true.
That is what am saying. It's an eronous belief. It's so not true.
A friend of mine just drew my attention to the passage of the bible that says
it is appointed 4 one 2 die and after that the judgement
or are you telling me that these so called Ogbanjes are supernatural or superhuman beings?
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by Jids(m): 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2008
It depends on one believe, the more you tend to know about something, the more you are worried about them and how powerfull they are.

I presume, you show no concern to their existence.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by tkb417(m): 12:57pm On Jan 22, 2008
@TKB
Lol, na u sabi, i enjoy working with my excel spreadsheet any day anytime, without the unreliable calculator. Hope you're good?
ure not serious. . .im gud. im very gud o my sis. I wish things can be better
Like not having to work and be sleeping. grin grin grin

@issue
you people have scattered this thing. I think we need Olanajim and some others to come with a long write up.
But, from the look of things, i used to believe Ogbanjes exist, now im not sure anymore.

Ive never seen one except in that old film. JK, remind me of tht gurls name again. That film that had Anty Caro as the pastor or something. Thats the closest ive seen an Ogbanje.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by yimiton(f): 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ tkb417,
You see what I mean!
It's all in the movies and in our minds! The Ogbanje idea is just not true.

Just as we were made to believe as kids that masquerades are our fore-fathers come back to life to bless us, (instead of some men in the village with mask and funny looking custums) that was how we were made to believe the Ogbanje story.

I also wish some other Nairlanders will come to this thread to talk more about this idea especially those for it. I want some proof that this is not just an idea but a reality.

By the way, where is NaJa HaJe?

I'm still waiting for your mail tkb417, I couldn't find the previous one.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by jkpretty(f): 1:24pm On Jan 22, 2008
@TKB Motara in Abiku Abiku
Auntie Caro wasn't the pastor's script/movie name o, Its her real name. I just happen to know her.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by NaJaHaJe(f): 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2008
yimiton:

By the way, where is NaJa HaJe?

babe i no well o!!!!! didn't even go work today. I think we may have to agree to disagree on this one. or maybe wait till tomorrow when I'll be in a better frame of mind to think logically.

By the way I like the way you argue your case. What did you study in uni?

On the maths issue . . . . . . I think its way better in many respects. if ogbanje and Abiku and SS could be solved with maths, we would not be knocking our heads together like this eh? All we'll need will be a formula!

By the way I thought the argument was the definition or similarities within the three rather than whether they are fictitious or not?
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by yimiton(f): 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ Haje,
Accept my sincere sympathy on your ill health. Get well fast please, we miss and need you here.

I studied Foreign Languages in school, major in French and just started Public and International Relations at Masters Level. Meanwhile, Literature has always been my passion.
What about you, I've always respected your posts too. What did you study?

NaJa HaJe:

By the way I thought the argument was the definition or similarities within the three rather than whether they are fictitious or not?

No, girlfriend,
The argument is that there is NOTHING like the Ogbanje spirit, it simply does not exist. I also went on to state the difference between what we presume as witches in Africa and Ogbanje and I'm of the opinion that witches might exist, *I don't know for sure* but that Ogbanje does not exist. Abiku is the Yoruba word for Ogbanje which is Ibo

In conclusion, the young man who thinks he's in love with an Ogbanje should take his girlfriend for a medical check up as well as look into the medical history of her family to ascertain that she's neighter a sickler nor a sickle cell carrier with very low immune system; which I strongly believe is the case here.

Alternatively, he can come back to tell us (with proofs of course) that the Ogbanje spirit is not just a myth but a reality.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by bigold(f): 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2008
May be na her ogbanje dey work wey u no fit leave her.

she don use d ogbaje for u. grin grin
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by tkb417(m): 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2008
On the maths issue . . . . . . I think its way better in many respects. if ogbanje and Abiku and SS could be solved with maths, we would not be knocking our heads together like this eh? All we'll need will be a formula!
very true. .
Pele, Get well soon and run back here tmr cheesy cheesy
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by nana(f): 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2008
Hmmm. . .
Na wa for this Argument o,
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by yankite(m): 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2008
WELL MY BRO WHY DON,T U SEEK SPIRITUAL HELP
MAYBE THER MIGHT BE SOMETHING DAT CAN
BE DONE TO APPEASE DAT SPIRIT IN HER
OR TAKE HER TO CHURCH SO DAT DEY
COULD DO DELIVERANCE ON HER undecided
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by adeboo(f): 8:20pm On Jan 23, 2008
How are u certain she is an ogbanje?

Well i suppose that if u wanted her bad enough and she wanted to leave the 'club' then u both need to sit and talk about ur options.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by romeo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 24, 2008
How can people still be so ignorant in Nigeria? They speak good English but they are still ignorant!! reason: they went to school to learn to speak English and nothing else angry angry

Thanks Yimiton for telling them even when they don't want to learn

There was a time people with tuberculosis were evil in Nigeria
There was a time twins were evil in Nigeria
There was a time Ogbanje was evil in Nigeria
There was a time sick people with swollen stomach were left to die in the evil forest *thanks yimi*
There was a time the Dibia's and Babalawos were the most powerful people in Nigeria

But today is not that time and i hope our generation should start thinking like all their mates worldwide
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by osisi5: 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2008
so this ogbanje/abiku thing still dey.
people abeg,it is all superstitious o
The girl is probably sickly and most likely has a congenital illness that needs attention.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2008
romeo:

How can people still be so ignorant in Nigeria? They speak good English but they are still ignorant!! reason: they went to school to learn to speak English and nothing else angry angry

Thanks Yimiton for telling them even when they don't want to learn

There was a time people with tuberculosis were evil in Nigeria
There was a time twins were evil in Nigeria
There was a time Ogbanje was evil in Nigeria
There was a time sick people with swollen stomach were left to die in the evil forest *thanks yimi*
There was a time the Dibia's and Babalawos were the most powerful people in Nigeria

But today is not that time and i hope our generation should start thinking like all their mates worldwide

Educated people still believe very strongly in aliens. Just a few days ago there was a whole lot of ruccus on the internet about the 'supposed' man on mars.

Babes don't kid yourself and think there are no other forces besides ours. whether Abikus or ogbanjes exist is neither here nor there. Something similar does exist. That much i believe. No matter how educated i am or i get.

yimiton:

@ Haje,
Accept my sincere sympathy on your ill health. Get well fast please, we miss and need you here.

I studied Foreign Languages in school, major in French and just started Public and International Relations at Masters Level. Meanwhile, Literature has always been my passion.
What about you, I've always respected your posts too. What did you study?

No, girlfriend,
The argument is that there is NOTHING like the Ogbanje spirit, it simply does not exist. I also went on to state the difference between what we presume as witches in Africa and Ogbanje and I'm of the opinion that witches might exist, *I don't know for sure* but that Ogbanje does not exist. Abiku is the Yoruba word for Ogbanje which is Ibo

Babes how you dey? I feel bad that i was not able to join in for the whole debate as i think it would have made much interesting banter

I studied English with specific interests in american and old/middle english. I also did media/ photgraphy(which I have fallen in love with). I haven't made up my mind yet on what to do for my masters yet. LOL!

If you believe there is a God and Satan then it might be veyr likey it probably exists. Or something close to it. Because it cannot be logically explained cannot deny its existence.

On matters like this I dont really have much to say. I thought this was about the definitions. My bad!

tkb417:

very true. .
Pele, Get well soon and run back here tmr cheesy cheesy

how you dey?
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by yimiton(f): 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2008
NaJa HaJe:

I studied English with specific interests in american and old/middle english. I also did media/ photgraphy(which I have fallen in love with). I haven't made up my mind yet on what to do for my masters yet. LOL!

Hey Girlie, you've studied courses I respect so much. Is American and old/middle English the same thing as Renaissance English?
I think that language is great.
I was watching 'Girls of the play boy mansion' on E! the other day and I was impressed that people still study Renaissance.
I didn't know though that Nigerians or even Africans study it still. I respected the way Bridget learnt it so fast.
It was so beautiful. I love that Era, the language and  the cloths but I hate 'The play boy mansion'!

I also developed interest in media and gained admission for a program in Media and Public relations sometime ago but for some reasons, I couldn't honour the admission. I admire and envy you. I love photography!

I'm actually tired of all these Ogbanje talks, who ever is one can come out to identify otherwise, i stubbornly disagree that it exists.

Meanwhile, it's nice to have you back. Hope you're fully recovered and will be here for a long time.
Welcome back girlfriend.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by romeo(m): 3:05pm On Jan 25, 2008
NaJa HaJe:

Educated people still believe very strongly in aliens. Just a few days ago there was a whole lot of ruccus on the internet about the 'supposed' man on mars.

Babes don't kid yourself and think there are no other forces besides ours. whether Abikus or ogbanjes exist is neither here nor there. Something similar does exist. That much i believe. No matter how educated i am or i get.

I know there are forces but many of the supposed evil forces in our country today came out of ignorance like the ogbanje stuff

I so much wish our people are more interested in aliens than in ogbanjes if you get my drift

Note: i was not referring to you people that did linguistics when i made comments about English wink
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by busygirl(f): 3:18pm On Jan 25, 2008
Wey d poster sef. . .
ROFLMFAO. . .na wa for this thread!
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by NaJaHaJe(f): 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ yiminton

nah babes. Renaissance is the period while Middle English mostly refers to the types of languages that were spoken between the 12th and 15th century (if I am correct).

u and me both. . . . . .  i equally love the renaissance (and medieval). I think am in love with that period. am not sure yet. lol.

I really admire your intellect. I also like reading your posts as well. probably when am soon in naija, we could hook up.

@romeo

no harm done babes.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by romeo(m): 11:50am On Jan 26, 2008
The whole thing is all over Africa and it's pathetic

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/15/world/africa/15witches.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by adeboo(f): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2008
But i seriously believe that there are forces that are at work behind the scene.

I believe that the true force is the Lord Almighty, He is the ruler over them all.
I believe that we shouldnt be ignorant that there are principalities and powers - but the joy is that they cant overcome God's true people.

But just because it seemed like the olden days, that doesnt mean they dont exist.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by yimiton(f): 3:17pm On Jan 28, 2008
NaJa HaJe:

@ yimiton
I really admire your intellect. I also like reading your posts as well. probably when am soon in naija, we could hook up.

Thanks Naja.

It will be really nice to have you around. I think it's going to be real fun to hang out with you.
Feel free to contact me for details when you're ready to come.
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by moscyt(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2008
their is nothing bad in you marrying an ogbanje,stop discriminating
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by joshjosh(m): 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2008
ignorance is surely bliss.

love is blind marriage is an eye opener. the devil is so expert in placing young men into wrong relationships because he knows if he succeed in doing that he has displaced you for life.

bobo run before you destroy your life. where have you seen a truthful devil? no matter how much you asked she will never tell you the truth.

there is time to walk there is time to pray and there is time to run. i believe this is your time to run

what is the matter with young men these days?
do some people not know there is more to life than all this i love him/ her business?

you have a great life and destiny ahead of you. why sacrifice it all on the alter of emotions and so call pleasure now? don't you think of the people behind you that may never see light and blessings if you fail?

you are too young to be carrying a demonized person along life journey. this wicked spirit may want to make you feel it is all some tall old story and some sickle cell hug wash. the devil is a documented liar and father all lies.

run dear brother and if you have been wise enough to be sleeping with her go for deliverance quick

God help you
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by skyfaze(m): 8:37pm On Jan 29, 2008
joshjosh:

ignorance is surely bliss.

love is blind marriage is an eye opener. the devil is so expert in placing young men into wrong relationships because he knows if he succeed in doing that he has displaced you for life.

bobo run before you destroy your life. where have you seen a truthful devil? no matter how much you asked she will never tell you the truth.

there is time to walk there is time to pray and there is time to run. i believe this is your time to run

what is the matter with young men these days?
do some people not know there is more to life than all this i love him/ her business?

you have a great life and destiny ahead of you. why sacrifice it all on the alter of emotions and so call pleasure now? don't you think of the people behind you that may never see light and blessings if you fail?

you are too young to be carrying a demonized person along life journey. this wicked spirit may want to make you feel it is all some tall old story and some sickle cell hug wash. the devil is a documented liar and father all lies.

run dear brother and if you have been wise enough to be sleeping with her go for deliverance quick

God help you

i have tried my best to leave but i can't because i so much love her.[/
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by NaJaHaJe(f): 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2008
his_grace:

good luck to you - may u loose your d ick in the process.

RONTFLMFAO. . . . . . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm In Love With An Ogbanje by skyfaze(m): 8:46pm On Jan 29, 2008
his_grace:

good luck to you - may u loose your d ick in the process.

pls i only need ur advice not ur insult

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mob Attack Soldier Over Advances To Married Woman / What You Call Half-naked Dressing In Africa Is Normal In Brazil(photos, Video) / I Am After His Money And He's After My "Assets"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.