Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,153 members, 7,977,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:11 AM

Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (62476 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Youngzedd(m): 10:45pm On Oct 06, 2012
Pls if you don't know what to write kindly keep calm and see what others will post.

There is one Igbo adage that say: ALU GBAA AFOR OBULU OME N' ALA

Whenever one is doing what is not right for the first time, his/her mind will definately tell him/her that this isn't right, but due to devil's voice is louder, if you aren't careful the devil voice in ur mind will dominate the good voice.
And immediately the louder voice overcome the cool voice, you will start doing that thing that isn't right often.

From there, if anybody ask u a question about what isn't right u are doing, u will give a reply saying; God only look at the heart not what you wear, from there u will turn the holy Bible upside down.

This is exactly what is going on this dress issue.

Don't be decieved by all the comments you will see in this thread.

Always do what is right, even at last it isn't, then you have nothing to regret.

Let me stop here for.

GOD/ALLAH IS GOOD
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by obongtunji: 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ladies There is nothing wrong in wearing trouser so far it doesn't expose your body........lop
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nkonadi(m): 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
toygod2: the issue is a controversial one. We shall get to know,when we get to heaven

u r there
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by tulk2mi: 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
It is only in nigeria dat trouser is an issue, d question is, is it only nigerian xtian dat will make it to heaven?
the Bible is d same everywhere, lets not join our environmental factor with d bible. I v neva seen a woman wearing a man's trouser, if u c a woman trouser u can definitely identify dat its a woman trouser. so pls lets drop this nigerian preaching, no b we holy pass.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nkonadi(m): 11:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
tulk2mi: It is only in nigeria dat trouser is an issue, d question is, is it only nigerian xtian dat will make it to heaven?
the Bible is d same everywhere, lets not join our environmental factor with d bible. I v neva seen a woman wearing a man's trouser, if u c a woman trouser u can definitely identify dat its a woman trouser. so pls lets drop this nigerian preaching, no b we holy pass.

u've said it all... 1 bottle of Malt...

#topic closed#

sign: google
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by MightySparrow: 11:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
This topic is a most ridiculous of doctrines some holier - than - thou fanatics hold without reason. They are simply ignorant and insincere in interpretation of scriptures. Read the passage in the Bible: you will find out that
Among other things that
1. You must not sow two crops on the same piece of land. Deut. 22: 9
2. Do not sow cotton and linen together. Deut 22: 11
3. Eating of pork, dog, snake etc is forbidden in some part of OT. People who love to hate girls in trousers wear linen and cotton together, eat crops from the same piece of land, and are holy. Who is fooling who?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by KENESAGA(m): 11:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
AS AFRICANS, WE ALL KNOW THAT TROUSER WAS ORIGINALLY 4 MEN, GOING BY DEU 22:5, I'LL ADVICE U AVOID IT TO BE ON A SAFER SIDE.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Angelahoney: 12:51am On Oct 07, 2012
alexleo:

Quite a pity how desperate you people can be in misrepresenting the bible so as to suit your selfish desires. What did Jesus say about eye for an eye in mathew 5:38,39? Stop talking trash pls.

There's was nothing like trousers in the Bible. Trousers are Europeans way of dressing.
In the NDelta the men wear wrapper. Is it now wrong?
In Scotland the men wear kilt.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by koman: 3:31am On Oct 07, 2012
Orikinla: THERE WERE NO TROUSERS WHEN THE HOLY BIBLE WAS WRITTEN.
IN FACT, WHAT MEN WORE IN THOSE DAYS WERE WHAT WE CALL SKIRTS TODAY.
AS LONG AS THE TROUSERS ARE NOT MEANT TO LURE AND SEDUCE MEN, YOU CAN WEAR THEM.

Its dat simple.
Dat concludes d whole debate on dis issue.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by koman: 3:40am On Oct 07, 2012
KENESAGA: AS AFRICANS, WE ALL KNOW THAT TROUSER WAS ORIGINALLY 4 MEN, GOING BY DEU 22:5, I'LL ADVICE U AVOID IT TO BE ON A SAFER SIDE.

As Africans, we knw dat trausers are nt originally ours, we borrowed it 4rm d white man.
If u go 2ru African cultures, u wil find out dat both men nd women wore skirts.
D white pple dat invented it has decent trausers 4 both men and women.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 07, 2012
KENESAGA: AS AFRICANS, WE ALL KNOW THAT TROUSER WAS ORIGINALLY 4 MEN, GOING BY DEU 22:5, I'LL ADVICE U AVOID IT TO BE ON A SAFER SIDE.
and wat does it say?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 07, 2012
richardoz: Although d bible did not mention trouser but that is not an issue here. Wearing trousers is unafrican in d time of apostle Ayo Babalola, christians(ladies) were not wearing trousers then, so it is just like being conformed to the system of dis world and apostle John says anyone dt loves d world d love of God is not in him. Therefore wearing trousers for ladies is a sin.
it is not a sin
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by hubreality(m): 6:58am On Oct 07, 2012
switnjl: I happened to be in this commercial vehicle and the one preaching kept talking about the fact that God hates trousers on a Christian lady because the bible says woman shouldn't put on men's attire.

I put on trousers all the time because it frees my movements. I am also a very dedicated Christian.

should I stop?

I need ur comments pls.
Man made sin indeed of the evil against humanity called "religion." I dislike being religious in anyway, because Jesus wasn't religious in his ways(read thru his earthly ministry; he dealt with many issues alike) and he fervently kicked against the antics of religion and the gross hypocrisy among the religious people in the house of God regarding the do's and don'ts of Mosaic laws. Christianity is not a religion nor a state of dogmas, but it is the life of Christ in humans by faith. I don't mean to argue on this, but in reality if anyone picks only the one on women attire and leave aside other old testament ordinances contained alongside with it(read all of them in deut) then its 100% religious hypocrisy of anyone. The gospel of Christ was something deeper than the physically seen. "Faith and Love." Some religious women can still cover themselves from hair to toe and basically lack the anchor of law which is the God kind of Love and Faith. If you're not a member of their own church, you're a sinner and not saved. Same hypocritical ways of the Pharisees and Saducees Jesus Christ kicked against.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by mcstan18(m): 7:05am On Oct 07, 2012
tevinsolt: it's the intent behind the action.

Was it stated like that in the bible? Hey, don't be that gullible. Just because someone(maybe a pastor) told you so, you just went ahead to believe when the bible succintly says that anyone who does that is an abomination. I'm sure you know where abominable things/persons end up(Rev 21 : 8 )
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by elikiba(m): 7:38am On Oct 07, 2012
The Benin's have committed a great sin then because their traditional dress is for the men is a big skirt and wrapper. You guys should slow down on all this Deut 22 you keep quoting.

Are you so dumb to understand that there is a female trouser and also male trousers. If your pastors cant stand beautiful ladies because their wives have gone out of shape then they will come up with the "Dont put on trousers to church" But if their wife is still young and sex then anything goes. My dear if trousers makes you feel comfortable then put it on. most of the people telling you not to put it on do wear the same trousers to work and when going to church they put on skirt sorry my dear if truly God is Omnipresent like they make us believe then he has actually seen you put the trousers to work and that way you have sinned also.

Religion is between you and man spirituality is between you and God let that be your concern not man.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by segunoz(m): 7:41am On Oct 07, 2012
loluadeoye: I think you need to go back and read your biblE very well since you'rE a dedicated christiAn siS.try and findouT if its writing in biblE whitE and black that womAn should noT wear men Attire oR better off ask your pastoR what does hE think abouT ladieS wearing trouser may be that will hElp you ouT
mr. Man, if you understand history, you would know that in the bible times men did not wear trousers. Trousers came in the the late part of the 18th century.
My dear friend, the reason why God said that was because of purification. Menses and sperm= impurity. (then)
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by EXCELLENCEAbia: 7:41am On Oct 07, 2012
Orikinla: THERE WERE NO TROUSERS WHEN THE HOLY BIBLE WAS WRITTEN.
IN FACT, WHAT MEN WORE IN THOSE DAYS WERE WHAT WE CALL SKIRTS TODAY.
AS LONG AS THE TROUSERS ARE NOT MEANT TO LURE AND SEDUCE MEN, YOU CAN WEAR THEM.

when a woman wears trouser what do u see
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by hardbody: 7:44am On Oct 07, 2012
wandeay: yes, its sinful because it stumble others

Sharrap my friend, briddle your dirty emotions and stop putting blames on others. You guys are beginning to irritate me
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by EXCELLENCEAbia: 7:45am On Oct 07, 2012
Benito69: You are worried about your outward appearance?, you should be first worried about your inward appearance (your heart). Is your heart right before God? If it is right before God, you will do His will, that aside, i see nothing wrong with women wearing trousers (there are now trousers specifically designed for women, and if a man wore it, he would look silly in them).
sin has been modified to please the eye of men. if you Love God you must keep His word
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by EXCELLENCEAbia: 7:47am On Oct 07, 2012
slimdamatrix: It is not sinful for women to wear trousers. Seriously you guys are outta gist 0_o
you are now God to decide
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by jeak123(m): 7:53am On Oct 07, 2012
i think that we Christians should be careful how we interpret the bible. how do u define a man
's clothing and a woman's? now, is wrapper a woman's clothing or a man's? if its a woman's, y does men tie wrapper? and can you wear a woman's trouser as a man? we should move to weightier things instead of dwelling on very petty things. the catch word should be 'decency' in wearing it. and d motive. God is not a man and only looks at the heart.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Exponental(m): 7:56am On Oct 07, 2012
The same reason why our african women wear trousers is d same reason d men wear shirt, tie, suit n trouser. If men can mix the culture of the foreign counterparts with ours, why shouldnt women mix?
Wearing trouser is not a sin, it all depends on d modesty. There are sinful skirts. All depends on how is is worn.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by kenjudy(m): 8:39am On Oct 07, 2012
I hear many people talk against women wearing trousers and even some agreeing to it. The fact still remains that no one knows d mind of God. But we have somethings to consider: imagine a guy wearing skirts and blouses all d time becos he feels comfortable in it, wouldn't these same ladies that puts on trousers call it either gay, medicine seller or funny guy? D same deut. (Ch forgotten) also said that priests chosen from levi's tribe shouldn't put on belts made of leather rather chord on their trousers? Well, I don't have much to say on that as women have turned d world into theirs. Many women also said when they marry, then their husband can tell them what to wear, but I tell u that I have also seen women who refuses their husband telling them to stop wearing trousers becos they want him to feel incharge. All I can say is that women's world is becoming more crazy with this trouser stuff ok. And u women should learn to respect ur unclothedness by at least wearing a decent dress cos ur nakedess is part of ur sacredness I believe. Whatever comes to us becomes abused and that's what our women are doing with trousers theses days. Some u can't look at when u see them with d said trousers. I don't like it myself and am still battling it out with my sisters and woman cos I believe that what u wear can help moderate ur actions sometimes. Men can also get attracted with skirts but that's when it shows something else like many women do, wearing hot mini skirts and tight ones that makes them looks like one of them sex peddlers. Women... Take ur time oo!!! No dey put us for trouble u strong head! Na so eve push Adam wan go hell fire! Wetin we do una sef??!!! Na wa ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Obinoscopy(m): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2012
If there is a place in the bible where its written in black and white that ALL trousers are specifically for men then I'd say wearing trousers by the women folks is a sin. If not, then all those hypocrites who claim to be men of God should shut up! angry

There are trousers that are specifically made for women such that if you try putting them on as a man, you'd look wierd in it. That part of the scriptures was directed at those who have gender identity crises such as the homosexuals and the transgender folks. Lesbians and gays are fond of putting on clothes designed for the opposite sex. That law was meant for them.

Also it is morally wrong for women or men to dress provocatively. Thus dresses like the miniskirts or blouses that show the brea.st curvatures are not good (even though the book of Deuteronomy 22 didn't talk about that)

Please lets always call on Gods wisdom when interpreting the bible.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by kensol: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2012
wearing trousers is never a sin, even in d deu 22:5, u religious folks are talking , their is nothing like trouser in dat scripture. dis so called religious folks are d ones puting trousers in dat portion of d Bible which is very wrong. secondly, man is a spirit being and not fleshly, so in d sight of God we are spirit for God is a spirit. what we wear does not matter, what matters d most is our love toward God.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Aderostock(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2012
I happened to be in a church and the pastor preaching kept talking about the fact that God hates trousers on a Christian lady because the bible says woman shouldn't put on men's attire.

my sister puts on trousers all the time because it frees her movements. She's a dedicated Christian.

should I stop her?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by nevderek(m): 9:40am On Oct 07, 2012
I think the problem is that people read just The king James Bible, try taking the original Hebrew bible, translate it to today's English and u'll see why churches like Christ Embassy seems to be on another platform.

How can somebody still be having troubles with the clothing-ish in verse 5 of Deut 22..
Have u really gone thru everything written in there? Aint it just strange how the only thing these pharisees (too far to see) and sadducees (too sad to see) Christians pick from the whole portion is verse 5. No wonder Jesus said they make the gospel ineffective by their traditions.

The Pastor telling you that its a sin to put on trousers will also be guilty of the same thing, afterall male don't wear trousers when God gave that law.. And maybe u should remind Him that in that same scripture its also written that he should wear hundred percent cotton is he's on cotton, or linen if on linen (since the instruction is "don't mix fabrics) and he shouldn't eat fruits or food stuffs bought from the market there's a chance they were planted in the same farm with diverse plants.

Nonsense, while they are there tying their church members down, their counterparts in better enlightened churches are blasting in tongues, winning the world for God and living a most glorious life.
How come when Jesus came He never spoke about all those things? I think we need to open a thread on the Christianity Jesus brought and the religion the pharisees practised and why Jesus detested their acts so much.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Ayomivic(m): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2012
eddy1977:

This is the most ridiculous concept ever. If God will throw you in hell because of your garments,then Ephesians 2:8,galatians 2:6,2cor 5:17,rom 8:1,are not to be believed.

Can you imagine God saying: well,you received the free gift of salvation when you said yes to christ.i forgave your sins and sealed you for heaven , but your trousers made me change my mind.your trousers were a sin against the holy spirit.angels,throw her out of her.

ah ah ah if you wear trouser you have not sin, but you are an agent of Satan that is the fact.You don't know. Ok i will tell you how you are Satan's Agent.

If you wear trouser (pant )you will be flashy to all men. When moving on the street,They will be looking at your shape,your curve, because the trouser will bring out your natural shape.It will make men to lust after you and if they do,they have sinned because Jesus said

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of the old time thou shalt not commit adultery.But i say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.Matth 5:27-28"

Who know the number of men you have made to commit this sin? The kilometres you walked depend the number of victims.So, protect the law.And don't think you are free of the punishment because Jesus also says

"Woe unto the world because of offences ! For it must needs be that offences come: but woe to that man by whom the offences cometh ! Matth 18 :7"

It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him through whom they come ! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck and he cast into the sea, than that he would offend one of these little ones. Luke 17:1-2"

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2012
Ayomivic:
ah ah ah if you wear trouser you have not sin, but you are an agent of Satan that is the fact.You don't know. Ok i will tell you how you are Satan's Agent.

If you wear trouser (pant )you will be flashy to all men. When moving on the street,They will be looking at your shape,your curve, because the trouser will bring out your natural shape.It will make men to lust after you and if they do,they have sinned because Jesus said

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of the old time thou shalt not commit adultery.But i say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.Matth 5:27-28"

Who know the number of men you have made to commit this sin? The kilometres you walked depend the number of victims.So, protect the law.And don't think you are free of the punishment because Jesus also says

"Woe unto the world because of offences ! For it must needs be that offences come: but woe to that man by whom the offences cometh ! Matth 18 :7"

It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him through whom they come ! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck and he cast into the sea, than that he would offend one of these little ones. Luke 17:1-2"

hahahahaha dis post is hilarious.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Ayomivic(m): 10:33am On Oct 07, 2012
Benito69: You are worried about your outward appearance?, you should be first worried about your inward appearance (your heart). Is your heart right before God? If it is right before God, you will do His will, that aside, i see nothing wrong with women wearing trousers (there are now trousers specifically designed for women, and if a man wore it, he would look silly in them).
Did you hear christian whom Jesus told to be wise as serpent and harmless as dove?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Theblessed(f): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2012
[b][size=16pt]It is not important to God about what we wear to Church.

To me, this is similar to what happened to Jesus and his disciples when they were having dinner at a certain Pharisee's house about a ceremonial washing of hands before eating the meal - washing the outside of the cup when the inside is still dirty? undecided

So, it doesn't matter one bit to God. What is important to him is, he made man/woman to worship and praise him all the time and obey his commands and we must do so - that is more than important to him than your trousers you wear to Church,

However, it's important that the way you dress, does not make you become a 'strange fire' in the Church where by you take the Congregations attention away from God - that is sin, my dear.

Therefore, dress conservatively and not provocatively so that you do not attract the attention of worshippers from their focus in the Church - God!

Be warned about becoming a 'strange Fire' in the Church!!!!
[/size][/b]
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by tomzman: 11:05am On Oct 07, 2012
Moderation is the key here.Whether you wear skirt or trousers, let it be moderate.Dress in such a way that you do not make a brother fall. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State / You Are Inside A Woman's Private Part - Female Pastor Tells Man / Joy Oyedepo's 'Miracle' Arms Growing Video Gets Her Blasted (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.