Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,958 members, 7,906,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:28 PM

Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 - Education (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 (155482 Views)

FG Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2016/2017 - Apply Now / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 / 2013 Federal Government Scholarship Awards For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Inezara(f): 1:40pm On May 05, 2013
Everyone should read this and take it seriously.Dis Turkish scholarship came out last year and I applied and I was called for interview at d Turkish embassy in Maitama Abuja.Many people were also called for interview,probably u to 50 ug or more dan cos we were given different interview dates.Mine was d 17th of July.After all I did,all my suffering and hard work,travellin frm Lagos 2 Abuja all d money I spent was wasted cos dey sent me an email tellin me dat I had boin rejected.I cried and den wen I called almost all d people I made friends with at d embassy,they told me dey also got rejection mails.Turkey dint admit any ug from Naija.It was just one muslim post graduate guy dey admitted from Nigeria.Yet wen I checked dier facebook page dey admitted many people from all dose muslim countries.It hurt so much dat nobody even wants to know anything about dier form.Dose of u dat want 2 apply.Goodluck 2 u but I promise u dat u'll regret wastin ur tym and moni.Moreover,d fsb has notin 2 do wit d Turkish scholarship.Turkey is still among the bilateral agreement but dey sdmit ug anymore,just pg.Dats y in ur venues u were told 2 change it.The ug scholarship offered by Turkey is comin frmom dier own govt and it has notin 2 do wit Naija.I've spoken.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Davo93(m): 2:27pm On May 05, 2013
@Inezara, you have spoken well and i clearly got the message. Thanks for the information at this early stage. Guess you are conversant with all these international scholarship things... Goodluck!
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Ceoobi: 11:40am On May 06, 2013
Hi all are this pple waiting for us to start a riot before they start calling us? Anyway am greeting my fellow palz here and wish all of us the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Shimasparkle(f): 6:08pm On May 06, 2013
Sum1 i knw wu's in 200L in d university has being offered a scholarship bt im nt sure if it has to do wit the FSB nigerian award,,,bt if its it den hw cum they've nt start calling the BEA applicants afterall we went 4 interveiw b4 d nigerian award applicants,,,anywayz i hope to comfirm.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by librangyps(f): 7:49pm On May 06, 2013
Shimasparkle: Sum1 i knw wu's in 200L in d university has being offered a scholarship bt im nt sure if it has to do wit the FSB nigerian award,,,bt if its it den hw cum they've nt start calling the BEA applicants afterall we went 4 interveiw b4 d nigerian award applicants,,,anywayz i hope to comfirm.

This is an interesting development, please confirm if its the nigerian award as I am interested in that. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Ceoobi: 11:37pm On May 06, 2013
Plz SHIMASPARKLE try nd find out the source cause it will really help here!!! GOODLUCK!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Nobody: 2:14am On May 08, 2013
Shimasparkle: Sum1 i knw wu's in 200L in d university has being offered a scholarship bt im nt sure if it has to do wit the FSB nigerian award,,,bt if its it den hw cum they've nt start calling the BEA applicants afterall we went 4 interveiw b4 d nigerian award applicants,,,anywayz i hope to comfirm.

Nigerian award is an internal (we-we) thing. BEA as the name implies is bi-lateral meaning two sides are involved. I believe Nigeria thru FSB has done her part now left for awarding countries to pick their scholars. I expect Russia-bound scholars to get called around July. This is my personal opinion based on experience. Good luck!!!
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Ceoobi: 11:17am On May 08, 2013
BayodeAA:

Nigerian award is an internal (we-we) thing. BEA as the name implies is bi-lateral meaning two sides are involved. I believe Nigeria thru FSB has done her part now left for awarding countries to pick their scholars. I expect Russia-bound scholars to get called around July. This is my personal opinion based on experience. Good luck!!!
[quote author=BayodeAA]

Can we go for any other scholarship while we wait for the FSB to contact us?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Shimasparkle(f): 2:46pm On May 08, 2013
Ok ooo@Bayo,,,actualy i did comfirm and it has ntn 2 do with d nigerian awards,is a different scholarship thingny entirely.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Ceoobi: 8:30am On May 09, 2013
Someone somewhere have to tell the FSB that they should be faster than that of last year for some reasons ooooooooo!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Shimasparkle(f): 5:06pm On May 09, 2013
And what reasons shuld we tel dem @ceoobi,,lolzz
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by martcrown: 6:03pm On May 09, 2013
following...
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by librangyps(f): 6:09pm On May 09, 2013
You guys should update when u have meaningful and confirmed information... If u wanna have meaningless banter of words, check in to bbm, ym or twitter...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by oscaino2(m): 10:07pm On May 09, 2013
librangyps: You guys should update when u have meaningful and confirmed information... If u wanna have meaningless banter of words, check in to bbm, ym or twitter...
what are you talking man........
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by miracle477: 12:16am On May 10, 2013
librangyps: You guys should update when u have meaningful and confirmed information... If u wanna have meaningless banter of words, check in to bbm, ym or twitter...
...OOOPS!!,U MST BE KIDDN RITE?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by kulkris(m): 12:44am On May 10, 2013
marcangelo: wen are dey startin 2 cal ppl 4 ukraine
........hmmm guy,i dont care wenever nd however dey cal,cos i knw if dey ever cal,i must b among..........becos am a favour carrier........and i wish u guys going for ukraine same too
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Ceoobi: 10:28am On May 10, 2013
And what reasons shuld we tel dem @ceoobi,,lolzz
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by marcangelo(m): 12:02pm On May 10, 2013
kulkris: ........hmmm guy,i dont care wenever nd however dey cal,cos i knw if dey ever cal,i must b among..........becos am a favour carrier........and i wish u guys going for ukraine same too
By d special grace of God, we shall be there..
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by oscaino2(m): 5:59pm On May 10, 2013
marcangelo: By d special grace of God, we shall be there..
I believe that
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by misskanorian(f): 5:52pm On May 11, 2013
so i was just looking at stuffs den i finally got to reach dis n tot i should share it;

gerian Federal Scholarship Students in Russia... Delayance in payment By Suleiman E O
advertisement

This should have been a letter to the federal ministry of education but on a second thought we decided to address it to the Federal government of Nigeria which basically might mean to all Nigerians.

Right from the time of the defunct USSR, Nigeria has a bilateral education agreement with Russian Federation which we believe every concern Nigerian is aware of, after the collapse of the Soviet Union; Russia still maintains this educational agreement with Nigeria. Every year, the federal government of Nigeria sends out to Russia over 50 young promising Nigerians for studies. These young Nigerians come here with the hope of getting the required Education and later returning to Nigeria to make a better impact. Since this was a bilateral agreement, the Russian side takes care of the students’ basic academic needs, which include: allocation to the proper university for a language course and then later to the main course of studies, monthly allowance of about 40USD and The Nigerian Government is suppose taken care of all other needs of the students.

Presently here in Russian Federation, there are over 250 Nigerian federal scholarship students studying in various Russian universities, the Russian government has been fulfilling their own part of the educational agreement but the Nigerian government ‘as always been found wanting with the issue of delayance in payments; and in situations where the payment is made is always not in full. The governments of other countries send their students to Russia by September of every year which is the beginning of the Russian academic year, but with Nigeria the case is opposite, even the Russian ministry of education knows too well that the Nigerian scholarship students usually arrive not earlier than November when the semester is already half gone which they now believe in their ministry that it’s a national culture in Nigeria to be late and retarded.

On our arrival to Russia, the Nigerian Federal scholarship Board (FSB) made us to understand that our monthly allowances will be duly paid and that the Nigerian government takes proper care of her students abroad. It is obvious that the students have never been paid their allowances at the proper time, we are always left to starve, protest and demonstrate into the embassy of Nigeria in anger before we are being paid.

At the moment, we have not been paid our allowance for six months now and even the last time we were paid, we had to shout out before they came to our rescue. We are starving, and we are tired of demonstrating into the embassy every time before we are being paid and the issue of payments seems to be getting worse every day by day. We the students no longer understands what is happening to our government because each time we try to talk with the federal scholarship board, they in return tell us that they are not in possession of our funds, that the money has been sent but yet we keep waiting hopefully every day and night thinking the money will come but all to no avail. We are deeply starving in a foreign land. Some of our student’s passports were seized by their university because the students are out of fund so they cannot buy their medical insurance which is very important and part of the universities policy that every student must have a medical insurance. Most of our students are even receiving threats from their various hostels as a result of their inability to pay for their hostel fees. Our students have no money to transport themselves to their various towns’ of study and we all know that it is not every one that is born with a silver spoon in their mouth so majority of our students have no one to cry to in times of financial urgency, students go to class with empty stomach and we all know that it is practically impossible for a student to pay proper attention to the lecturer on an empty stomach.

Therefore we the Executive members of The Association of Nigerian Scholarship Students In Russia (ANSSIR) hereby appeal to the federal government of Nigeria to kindly pay proper and quick attention to our present predicament and make sure that this issue of starving the students through the habit of delay in payment which is becoming a usual phenomenon by the government is once and for all resolved. Nigerian students have always maintained an excellent record here in Russia.

We humbly call on the authorities and individuals responsible to amicably address the overwhelming situation in our hands, as we the federal scholarship students do remain respectful, discipline and hardworking while here in Russia.

Excos for the association.

Suleiman E O

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Davo93(m): 9:33pm On May 11, 2013
Hmmmm... Nigeria factor everywhere! Only God can help us...
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Shimasparkle(f): 8:15am On May 12, 2013
What then becomes our fate,,na wa o
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by moses2swit: 9:28am On May 13, 2013
Guys una d pray soo,abeg make una d pray oo cos d day will soon come(an advice)
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by oscaino2(m): 9:36am On May 13, 2013
I can sense d day of calling ........its getting close grin
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Ceoobi: 8:26pm On May 14, 2013
hey guys,wotz all diz? Am getting pissed
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by choice101(f): 8:34pm On May 14, 2013
Please guys>>>why can one only apply for this turkiye scholarship with Turkish language...is there any way to change it to English without going through the trouble of translating language in Google.... please anyone
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by RaHik(m): 10:03pm On May 14, 2013
@ choice 101... Check d top right corner, u 'll c Turkey... Chng it to English.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by saliatech: 3:55am On May 15, 2013
4 ur TOEFL,GRE,IELTS,SAT etc exam registration.call:08032073426,08079770283.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by marcangelo(m): 9:46am On May 16, 2013
Hmm, d rate at which d is thread has been goin is just like a trignometric graph.. Som ppl wil post tinz & our hopes wil get high, lots of reply den later it goess downnnn.. Then som oda wil post somtin dat'll trigger coments (like speranza) then later evrytin goes downnnnnn... Then anoda wil post somtin dat'll get our xpectations up & trigger comments,then later evrytin goes down... Just like dat..lolz.. Just an observation..
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by oscaino2(m): 12:13pm On May 16, 2013
marcangelo: Hmm, d rate at which d is thread has been goin is just like a trignometric graph.. Som ppl wil post tinz & our hopes wil get high, lots of reply den later it goess downnnn.. Then som oda wil post somtin dat'll trigger coments (like speranza) then later evrytin goes downnnnnn... Then anoda wil post somtin dat'll get our xpectations up & trigger comments,then later evrytin goes down... Just like dat..lolz.. Just an observation..
na so we see am ma dear
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by Davo93(m): 6:06pm On May 16, 2013
Hello friends, as we all await the FSB guys to start calling us, i have found this latest issue pertinent to share with you though unfourtunate but important you know whats up. Follow the link below and do come back to this thread to give your comments. Goodluck!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1292269/nigerian-students-scholarship-russia-beg
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 by marcangelo(m): 9:27pm On May 16, 2013
Davo93: Hello friends, as we all await the FSB guys to start calling us, i have found this latest issue pertinent to share with you though unfourtunate but important you know whats up. Follow the link below and do come back to this thread to give your comments. Goodluck!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1292269/nigerian-students-scholarship-russia-beg
davo u did wel by letin us knw,, dis is d second time nw a report like dis has bin made on dis thread, First it was by mis kanorian..nw u.. And deres no doubt its TRUE....
wel my view pertainin dis is dat govt will do somtin abt it ASAP.. Bt wat abt nxt year?, nxt two years? and so on?.. It Myt stil repeat itself.. The slight way out is wen we get dere we should be economical in spendin,save much,work during holidays even if govt is givin allowance den..because u dnt knw wen dis spirit of greed will enta d person in charge by dat time.. because i assume nw dat dat spirit wil run awau 4rm dat person in charge now dat d mess is open, bt later it wil stil com back & lure d person to repeat dis act.. Wel lets be pryerful in conclusion..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (83) (Reply)

Check 2017/2018 WAEC Result Here Www.waecdirect.org / 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process / The Latest On ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.