Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,758 members, 7,945,364 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:20 PM

Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! (786 Views)

You Are Still A Dictator -PDP Tells Buhari ….APC Anti-Corruption Crusade, A Sham / PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh / BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! by Rebirth(m): 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2008
I am of the view that the much talked about "removal" of the EFCC boss, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu is good for the anti-corruption crusade in Nigeria. Why? We cannot have a country where just one man is seen as the crusader of a corruption-free society, else he will become a target to people who will think "maybe if we kill him, then the whole crusade will end".
if there is one thing that nigerian's need to make a fuss about it is the fact that Ribadu never initiated any moves against Obasanjo despite the fact that evidence of corruption charges against him are piling by the day - PTDF, Elections, Lagos Fund and every other allegations that are in the news. Can u honestly believe that the EFCC has no petition against OBJ, well, that is what Ribadu told nigerians. I really that think that is just a load of crap.
Let Lamorde start off, let's see if he gets the job done without the media circus that Nuhu Ribadu craved.
Re: Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! by Rebirth(m): 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
Re: Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! by BigB11(m): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2008
It is very refreshing to finally notice that Nigerians are starting to wake up one by one (I knew from start that it was going to take sometime, but it would definitely happen).

It's all about Nigeria, not just about anybody. If we profoundly understand this fact, Nigeria as a nation will move forward effectively and efficiently.

@topic: Bravo!
Re: Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! by Rebirth(m): 7:41pm On Jan 23, 2008
the problem with nigeria is that pple too often expect one man to make everything right. and that every time govt. makes an unpopular decision, it is because that govt has something to hide.
but on this one i say "thumbs up, yar'adua"
Re: Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! by chura(m): 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2008
Technically Ribadu's removal is good because if one stays long cleaning dirt.surely that person will get more stains than he realizes.All am saying is lets see whrther another person can be more daring/looks in another direction than what Ribadu has done.Ok![color=#006600][/color]
Re: Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! by Rebirth(m): 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2008
only time will tell
Re: Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! by BigB11(m): 4:30pm On Jan 24, 2008
The Senate’s decision on Ribadu’s exit followed a motion moved by Senator Sola Akinyede, chairman of the Senate Committee on the EFCC, who said that the upper legislative chambers should be bold enough to take a stand on the matter.
Contributing to the debate, Senator Smart Adeyemi said: “We should disabuse our mind of the fact that without an individual, the nation cannot move forward. We should be courageous enough to clear the air on whether Ribadu should go or not. And if he is going, let him go so that we have a substantive chairman. If he must go, let’s say so once and for all. I believe we have many Nigerians who will do better than Ribadu.”

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.sunnewsonline.com/"
Re: Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! by Rebirth(m): 11:06pm On Jan 27, 2008
Big B1:

The Senate’s decision on Ribadu’s exit followed a motion moved by Senator Sola Akinyede, chairman of the Senate Committee on the EFCC, who said that the upper legislative chambers should be bold enough to take a stand on the matter.
Contributing to the debate, Senator Smart Adeyemi said: “We should disabuse our mind of the fact that without an individual, the nation cannot move forward. We should be courageous enough to clear the air on whether Ribadu should go or not. And if he is going, let him go so that we have a substantive chairman. If he must go, let’s say so once and for all. I believe we have many Nigerians who will do better than Ribadu.”

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.sunnewsonline.com/"
I guess Nigerians are generally afraid of change. the uncertainty of the next person to chair EFCC is no unfounded, considering that we are not used to having good leaders. But i think in Yar'Adua, we have a leader who thinks before acting(albeit very slowly)
Re: Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! by BigB11(m): 5:07pm On Jan 28, 2008
@Rebirth:
You're absolutely on point.
There are only 2 ways of doing things: we have the right way and the wrong way!
Many call Yar'Adua "Baba go slow", I think this should be seen as a compliment to him and a confirmation that Yar'Adua is capable of elevating this country back to the top
For the first time in many years, we have an intelligent leader who profoundly thinks before making moves and who sincerely cares about Nigeria.
As we all know, Nigerians are generally known to be bunch of rush heads, that crave for short-cuts strategies in everything they do; they're definitely not used to this type of style and may never.
Therefore, I'm not surprised that many Nigerians today continue to cry like bunch of babies, castigating our president for taking his time.
Ribadu, an incredible Nigerian, but his removal simply remains the best thing that has ever happened to war against corruption in Nigeria.
Just because someone is determined and courageous doesn't mean this person also has the right strategy or capable of accomplishing a specified goal.
A successful war against corruption in Nigeria ingenuously requires more than just determination and courage; and I don't think one has to be a scientist to decipher this fact.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu's Removal Good For Anti-corruption Crusade! by Rebirth(m): 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2008
corruption is not only unique to top govt. functionaries, it is deep in the fibre of the society. Attacking the top alone will not solve the issues of corruption in this country. a merger of the various anti-corruption bodies is one step in the right direction

(1) (Reply)

Obj's Visit To Ekiti: Police Shoot Protesters / Do You Know This Devil? / New Investigation Exposing Dr. Sam Egwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.