Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,756 members, 7,879,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:32 PM

Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day (54660 Views)

Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain / Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by blackwall(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2012
Cups of coffee a day

For many people a habits of drinking coffee is a pleasure that can not be compared with anything else. But coffee has its own magical benefits, but also dangerous defects that depend on the amount of coffee we consume in a daily basis. Find out how the number of cups of coffee can affect your body, health and your mood.

1 cup per day
Advantages: A cup of coffee a day regulates the amount of blood pressure and has a positive effect on the blood vessels. Coffee is an excellent antioxidant and stimulates brain activity.

Disadvantages: A cup of coffee is enough to disrupt your sleep and keeps you awake at night because it takes up to 8 hours for caffeine to completely disappear from the body. Avoid the afternoon coffee and enjoy the morning ritual.

2 cups per day
Advantages: This amount of coffee on a daily basis is an excellent prevention against Alzheimer's disease and so because of that dose of caffeine increases the amount of protein in the brain that affects memory loss. Drinking two cups of coffee a 30 minutes before strenuous activity will give your body a great deal of energy.

Disadvantages: Two cups of coffee during pregnancy are too large doses of caffeine because it affects the production of hormones cortisol and adrenaline which can cause spontaneous abortion.

3 cups per day
Advantages: Three cups of coffee a day prevents the formation of ovarian cancer in women. This amount of this black drink has also a positive effect on men because it prevents the formation of gall stones.

Disadvantages: This dose of coffee on a daily basis due to large amounts of caffeine increases the risk of heart attack.

4 cups per day
Advantages: Four cups of coffee contains about 400 milligrams of caffeine which is a very powerful antioxidant that 'clean' the body and helps in the fight against various forms of cancer, prostate cancer and type 2 diabetes

Disadvantages: Large amount of coffee a day can lead to rheumatoid arthritis and cause nervousness and nausea.

5 cups per day
Benefits: Research has shown that drinking five cups of coffee a day significantly prevents liver disease.

Disadvantages: Five cups of coffee daily may increase risk factor for osteoporosis because caffeine absorbs calcium, which is very important for the bones.

6 cups per day
Advantages: Drinking six cups of coffee may reduce risk of skin cancer by as much as 31 percent for coffee because as an antioxidant protects and regenerates skin cells.

Disadvantages: Large amounts of coffee can lead to dehydration because coffee is a very powerful diuretic. It may also cause nausea and increase stress and cause high blood pressure which increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases.

Source
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Mcleo007(m): 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
You are spot on there. The addiction for some of us is actually a pleasure. grin

2 Likes

Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by edmarker: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2012
The disadvantages of regular coffee with its high caffeine content are enough to discourage any health-conscious person from taking it.

However, there is good news here for those who love the taste and benefits of coffee, but do not want the health hazards, as an outstanding foreign multinational company has come up with a way for you to enjoy the benefits and taste of coffee without the side effects that go with the typical caffeine-laden regular coffee as highlighted above. You will also get other benefits which regular coffee does not provide.

The company has done this through the introduction of its Healthy Living Coffee King Series-Edmark's Ginseng Coffee and Red Yeast Coffee. These are healthy coffees that have been stripped of the high levels of caffeine contained in regular coffee to negligible trace minimum. Not only that, they have been blended with powerful natural herbal ingredients-Ginseng and Red Yeast Rice. What else? You will love the taste and aroma more than that of regular coffee.

That's why it is widely acclaimed that "A cup of healthy(Edmark) coffee a day keeps the doctor away!"

To help us appreciate the benefits of Edmark's Healthy Coffee King Series, I will show you on 6 points the poster highlighted how the Edmark Coffees give you the advantages listed above and at the same time eliminate the disadvantages highlighted. So we can say that with Edmark Coffee, you can now eat your cake and have it.

1.(i)Advantages

Edmark coffee regulates the blood pressure and has a positive effect on the blood vessels. Edmark coffee actually removes bad cholesterol from the blood vessels, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease. Edmark Coffees have excellent antioxidant properties and stimulate brain activity. In fact Edmark's Ginseng Coffee sharpens the mind and memory, increases concentration and alertness, improves the eyesight and hearing among other benefits.

(ii)Disadvantages(With regular coffee): A cup of coffee is enough to disrupt your sleep and keeps you awake at night because it takes up to 8 hours for caffeine to completely disappear from the body. Avoid the afternoon coffee and enjoy the morning ritual.

No More Disadvantages(With Edmark Coffee): When you take Edmark's Red Yeast Coffee before going to bed, it actually improves the quality of your sleep, and not only will it help you sleep better, you will also wake up refreshed and ready for the next day. You can give yourself a healthy energy boost by starting your day with Ginseng Coffee and you can relieve the stress of a hard day's work, relax yourself, calm your nerves and enjoy a good night's rest by taking Red Yeast Coffee. That is not to say that Red Yeast Coffee can only be taken at night. You can take it at any time of the day.

2. (i) Advantages

Edmark's Ginseng Coffee on a daily basis is an excellent prevention against Alzheimer's disease and as stated in 1 above, it sharpens the mind and memory, so you can keep memory loss away from you. Ginseng is a world-acclaimed powerful herb for the brain. Also, drinking Ginseng coffee boosts your energy level, increases aerobic activity, lowers heart rate during exercise and helps to reduce the effects of strenuous activity on your body while providing you with a great deal of energy.

(ii)Disadvantages(With regular coffee):Two cups of coffee during pregnancy are too large doses of caffeine because it affects the production of hormones cortisol and adrenaline which can cause spontaneous abortion.
No More Disadvantages(With Edmark Products):While several pregnant women have taken Edmark Coffee and carried their pregnancies to full term, Edmark has other products that come highly recommended for pregnant women to provide the special nutrients they need and help maintain the right hormonal balance among other outstanding health benefits. Call 08052914930 for more info on this.

3. (i)Advantages:
Edmark coffee, among other Edmark products, prevents the formation of ovarian cancer in women as well as other types of cancer in both men and women. Edmark's Ginseng Coffee among other Edmark products have many positive effects on men, not just because it prevents the formation of gall stones, but also because it increases sexual potency.
(ii)Disadvantages(With regular coffee):This dose of coffee on a daily basis due to large amounts of caffeine increases the risk of heart attack.
No More Disadvantages(With Edmark coffee):Drinking Edmark coffee on a daily basis reduces the risk of heart attack by reducing the level of bad cholesterol in the bloodstream

4. (i)Advantages:Edmark coffees derive their very powerful antioxidant properties from the powerful herbal ingredients they contain, which help to rid the body of harmful free radicals thereby helping in the fight against various forms of cancer, prostate cancer, type 2 diabetes, aging and so many other health problems.
(ii)Disadvantages(With regular coffee):Large amount of coffee a day can lead to rheumatoid arthritis and cause nervousness and nausea.
No More Disadvantages(With Edmark Coffee):Edmark coffee among other Edmark prodcts helps to prevent and relieve rheumatoid arthritis, and rather than cause nervousness, Red Yeast coffee particularly helps to calm the nerves and there is nothing like nausea.

5. (i)Benefits: Drinking Edmark coffee daily significantly prevents liver disease. Ginseng coffee does and Red Yeast coffee reduces the levels of triglycerides, which are a major cause of liver disease.

(ii)Disadvantages(With regular coffee): Five cups of coffee daily may increase risk factor for osteoporosis because caffeine absorbs calcium, which is very important for the bones.
No More Disadvantages(With Edmark Coffee): Edmark coffee provides nutritional support in the body and since it doesn't contain the unhealthy levels of caffeine found in regular coffee, you are better off drinking Edmark coffee.

6. (i)Advantages:
Drinking Edmark coffee reduces the risk of Cancer(skin cancer inclusive). The powerful antioxidant properties protect and regenerates skin cells and other cells in the body.

(ii) Disadvantages(With regular coffee): Large amounts of coffee can lead to dehydration because coffee is a very powerful diuretic. It may also cause nausea and increase stress and cause high blood pressure which increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
No More Disadvantages(With Edmark Coffee):Edmark's Coffee King series provide outstanding health benefits in the body and are well known as healthy coffees. Edmark coffee lowers blood pressure, thereby reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases, reduces stress, prolongs life, rejuvenates the body, maximises oxygen intake, enhances blood circulation and digestion among other health benefits.

So, if you are a coffee lover and you care about your health, you can start taking Edmark coffee. Even if you have been indifferent to coffee(or even scared of coffee) before now, you can start drinking Edmark coffee and not only will you get outstanding health benefits, you will enjoy the tase. Healthy coffee has never tasted this good.

If you would like to buy Edmark coffee or any other Edmark product, the number to call is 08052914930.
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Areaboy2(m): 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2012
a good coffee with a slight touch of whiskey wrapped with a stick of bh gold, and your mornings will never remain thsame tongue

3 Likes

Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by martyns303(m): 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2012
Like seriosuly bro, Nigerians dnt have a coffee drinking culture, like how many ppl drinks coffee in Nigeria that's making you write this whole thing here? too many time on ur hands. And mods as usual don't fail to disapoint.
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by disdorm(m): 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
caffein which is a major content of coffee increases intraoculaar pressure(IOP) which inturn escavates the optic disc leading to cupping of d disc.. Glaucomatous patients should be discourage from taking coffee cos it increases IOP nd posses more threat to ocular health of the patient...
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by claremont(m): 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2012
The solution to all the aforementioned disadvantages is to consume DECAFFEINATED coffee. I used to be an addicted coffee drinker and it did affect my sleeping pattern until I switched to decaffeinated coffee. It gives the exact same flavour of a normal coffee brew but without the side effects of caffeine. I think I'm up for making a brew now. . .

1 Like

Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Orikinla(m): 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
I prefer Moringa Green Tea with pure honey every morning and every evening.
It works wonders for my health.

MORINGA BENEFITS

Here are the benefits of continuous intake of Moringa Tea:

1. Increases the Natural Defenses of the body

2. Provides nourishment to the eyes and the brain.

3. Promotes metabolism with bio-available ingredients

4. Promotes the Cell structure of the body

5. Promotes natural Serum cholesterol.

6. Lowers the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.

7. Promotes the normal functioning of the liver and the kidney.

8. Beautifies the skin

9. Promotes energy

10. Promotes proper digestion

11. Acts as an antioxidant

12. Takes care of the immune system of the body

13. Promotes healthy circulatory system

14. It is an anti-inflammatory

15. Gives a feeling of general wellness

16. Supports the normal sugar levels of the body.

Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2012
I prefer decaffinated Twinnings green tea of different flavours. I am sort of addicted to it.

Lots of health benefits. I take morning and evening with natural honey. Have never been healthier.

The key to everything is Moderation.
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by dramenda(f): 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2012
well,still cant do without my WAWA coffee every morning. cool
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by ektbear: 8:37pm On Oct 20, 2012
Suppresses hunger.
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Ignatio(m): 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
But what's coffee without caffeine?
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by bknight: 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
Coffee heals! cool
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by chucky234(m): 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
martyns303: Like seriosuly bro, Nigerians dnt have a coffee drinking culture, like how many ppl drinks coffee in Nigeria that's making you write this whole thing here? too many time on ur hands. And mods as usual don't fail to disapoint.
The fact that you are too dumb to drink coffee doesn't mean other Nigerians don't drink,a friend of mine still buy a tin of Nestle Nescafe weekly.

1 Like

Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by edmarker: 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2012
claremont: The solution to all the aforementioned disadvantages is to consume DECAFFEINATED coffee. I used to be an addicted coffee drinker and it did affect my sleeping pattern until I switched to decaffeinated coffee. It gives the exact same flavour of a normal coffee brew but without the side effects of caffeine. I think I'm up for making a brew now. . .
dramenda: well,still cant do without my WAWA coffee every morning. cool
Ignatio: But what's coffee without caffeine?

The essence of my previous response is to create awareness that there is an option of HEALTHY Coffee, not just decaffeinated coffee. Once you guys try out any of the Edmark(Healthy) coffees, your taste buds and your body will thank you in their own ways. Also, anyone around you that perceives the wonderful aroma will feel like having a taste too. That's why when one person in an office buys the product and starts drinking it, others in the office also start placing orders for their own. Call 08052914930 to get yours.
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by mimifonwon(f): 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2012
Mcleo007: You are spot on there. The addiction for some of us is actually a pleasure. grin

actually that is a good point, but did you know that kola nut is works better than coffee and less addictive, only bad part it easily leave orange stain on your mouth or teeth.
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
Without Caffeine, its not coffee. Take the coffee and when you wanna sleep, get yourself a glass of milk with ice.
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by claremont(m): 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2012
Ignatio: But what's coffee without caffeine?
It's called decaffeinated coffee. grin
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
I used to drink coffee more than three to four times during Winters but I can no longer do that due to symptom of insomnia after a cup for about a year now. I am now very allergic to what I used to enjoy. That proves coffee can as well be bad for health.
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by babaowo: 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
@ edmaker are you advertising or you are testifying
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Ignatio(m): 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2012
claremont:
It's called decaffeinated coffee. grin

I know. What my question means is caffeine is the main reason why coffee is taken.
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2012
babaowo: @ edmaker are you advertising or you are testifying
I tire for the guy
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2012
chucky234: The fact that you are too dumb to drink coffee doesn't mean other Nigerians don't drink,a friend of mine still buy a tin of Nestle Nescafe weekly.
There is no point cursing,,your friend that buys it weekly is not enough prove that Nigerians have totally adopted the European style of constantly consuming coffee like water.Ma ton ara e.he said the bitter truth
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by idowuswap: 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2012
Hope igbo no dey there cus then go thief tea
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Jarus(m): 11:08pm On Oct 20, 2012
I take coffee at work purposely to enjoy one of the benefits outlined up there, but the problem is I add too much milk, and sometimes sugar(when there is no honey) that I doubt whether the health benefit I seek to gain has not been eroded.
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by NEROSKY(m): 12:01am On Oct 21, 2012
3 cup can be managed buh 4,5,6, na suicide mission
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by NEROSKY(m): 12:04am On Oct 21, 2012
Ignatio:

I know. What my question means is caffeine is the main reason why coffee is taken.
like seriously? If so go take power horse,it has large volume of caffeine..
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Heymus(m): 1:30am On Oct 21, 2012
I can't even recollect the last time i took it.
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 21, 2012
i typically do 4 cups or more when i'm in the office
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 21, 2012
If
Re: Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day by achukwunet(f): 5:51am On Oct 21, 2012
The only benefits coffee gives is caffeine.... now the negatives are that your body then relies on the coffee to stay awake. The sugar you add to the coffee then turns into straight up fat... don't forget the cream too! You're better off drinking tea without cream and maybe 1 packet of sugar ONLY!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard / Female Corper Quarantined For Monkeypox In Benue / Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.