Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:55 AM

Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) (53422 Views)

What The Inside Of The Planet Mars Looks Like. / Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) / NASA Scientists Finds Message From God On Planet Mars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 14, 2012
[quote author=donigspain][/quote]
donigspain: @Billyonaire,
*Ionization of earthly material:
U talked abt buildn a stealth spaceship using neucleonic fusion, but am arguing on the premise that NO molecular composition of any earthly material can withstand d accruable ionization effect of such travel. The earthly material will be long ionized b4 it touched down on d diamond planet due to the speed range and nature of environment (temperature and gravitational field). U might do more research on the earth's ionosphere and magnetosphere and then relate it to the obtainable greater condition on d diamond planet (forget not the peculiarities of dis planet).
*About the 'saucer' spaceship:
This same theory is built on the UFO/Alien propaganda. What is the possibility that this 'saucer' spaceship will beat the aerodynamic properties of the conventional spaceship in intergalactic travel? Bear it in mind that there exists electro-magnetic disparities between galaxies. What worked in the solar system might not work in the 'X' system. I await more clarification...
This is very thoughtful, very thought provoking. Diamond was known to be the hardest metal until recently an alloy of it was made which exists in a very stable state, I think its called Nanorods or so. Lets assume we can use Diamond alloy to build a spaceship because of its tensile strength and ionization can easily be controlled by using charge neutralization techniques based on the lightening conductor's principles. Relating to magnetosphere and its effects, remember, my principle is based on 'saucer shaped' aerial vehicle and the saucer shaped spaceship should spin while on its projectile. Just like flinging our round dinner plate into the air, the circular motion of the saucer counters the magnetism while the parabola of the saucer is actually its path to destination. If the spin speed of the saucer and that of the projection speed is beyond speed of light, I really doubt that intergalactic magnetism can pull it off course. The beauty of science is that we keep challenging each other and finding the solution to challenges.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by coolzeal(m): 12:51am On Oct 14, 2012
It is beautiful but Damn!!! 40 light years is 40 years at the speed of light. Fastest ships currently are much much slower than that. Ignoring gravitational effects, fuel requirements, a ship traveling at 70 kilometers per second (which is faster than has been attained for a cruising speed so far) would take on the order of 171,427 years to arrive.
The current farthest probe we have out there is Voyager 1 though i think there's Voyager 2. It was launched in 1977 and now, 32 years later it has traveled 15.64 light hours, or about 4.5 thousandths of 1 percent of 40 light years. We need magic to get there lol
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:55am On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: You have a point, we live in a 3-dimensional world. The ethereal existences are in further dimensions from the 4th dimensions etc. In essence, what I mean is, our death loved ones, the so-called spirits and the Gods(which are actually energy beings) exist right here, but on different dimensions that function outside our mind, or mental consciousness so we cant see them. Heaven or Hell or whatever you wanna call it is right here, but on the farther dimensions and different frequency of existence. When the body is bi-located or lets say a simple case of going out of alignment with the physical body as in the case of sleep paralysis, we key into another dimension and we can hear sounds, see things etc. These things are real but on other dimensions beyond the 3rd. When we drop this body either in death, astral projection, soul travel etc, we key into the higher dimensions or plane of existence right here and we become aware of the dynamics of life. Peace Profound!

WHO ARE U? Lol
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by SamjohnnyB(m): 12:57am On Oct 14, 2012
sadeiyare:

I believe spiritual is another state of matter, just like the solid, liquid and gaseous. Even the bible records that Jesus while on earth walk through a crowd,on water , philip disappeared e.t.c What we understand in the bible is just in terms of what man's mind can relate with. If those books where to be composed now, they might have been much more complex in definations. I still say it, man can do anything that he can think about, it will only take time.

I believe man can exist in more than these states, but it will only take us wisdom to discover it. Now we are either thinking scientifically or spiritually, what if we can fuse both, what do you think will happen. And nobody should tell me its not possible, everything is possible, all we need do is believe.
We haven't even scratch the surface of the possibilities of man, instead of us to use these potential for good, we keep fighting ourselves daily ; this is the only reason why if left in time, we will destroy ourselves and planet
U r rite. Mr Hill once said "whatso ever the mind of a man consive, and believe, it will achieve". So, all things are possible. D bible even tells us that with God all things are possible.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 14, 2012
vivacious vivi:

WHO ARE U? Lol
That question is deep. I am Energy.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 14, 2012
Shaw007: no not quite,Not really. . .The bible is too wide 2 be so Understood. . .but it sure fits my lifestyle(or so i pray) and i know and Understand what is needed 2 be Understood,and this 'seek' for knowledge continues. . .daily,sometin peculiar with any heavenly minded person

And about ur Eden theories. . .ain't all that Bs?? undecided
Nah just kidding, the truth be told, i dont give a flying f**k about the whereabouts of the garden
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: I feel ashamed sometimes for being just human, read on before you crucify me, 'Jesus' Style'. It will take 40 light years to get to the 'diamond' planet, and we are yet to build a vehicle that can travel at the speed of light. Petroleum cant power such machines, closest thing is the Nuclear fuel via nucleonic fussion. Instead of developing the future machines that could use nuclear fuel, we are busy building nuclear weapons to kill ourselves. If only the terrorists and Russia and America and the likes can down their tools and allow Scientists and technologists to build the machines that can travel at speed of light, may be we could venture into a 40 light years journey. Nuclear fuel by fussion or fission, can never be depleted cos it works on the sample principle as the sun energy. We need to start building the modules of the future machines and travel to distant stars where we can try to locate if there are species of our nature, and even locate those UFOs that visit us with nuclear powered aerial vehicles. If we can venture into that axis, I will feel proud to be human, but for now, mystics will keep resorting to Astral Projection and Soul Travels to get to these distant stars, and each time we go there and encounter the energy beings of higher vibrations, we start fooling ourselves that we have seen God, cos man calls anything higher than its intelligence, 'God'. Such a shame!
Some people actually believed that man has encountered several ETs in the past and called them "gods". Lemme not start citing examples.

And yet, there is no real God - in the actual sense that many religions claim - but i recognize the Father of Jesus as the creator. What i meant to say is that the creator of heaven and earth is a spirit - No one can see Him and Live!
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by trent9002(m): 1:49am On Oct 14, 2012
Even if Man eventually gets there. It'll simply devaluate Diamond. The reason for Diamond's value is its rarity
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Dopefiend(m): 2:21am On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: I mentioned UFO, you can call them Aliens if you chose to. Area 51 Project, a covet operation of the CIA was source of many sightings, we cant dispute that. But Aliens do exist, and they visit this earth just as we visit space. I say this cos I was of your opinion in the past until I figure it out. Some day you will know that we are not alone.

Plz can u direct ur argument to this thead

https://www.nairaland.com/1073960/talks-ufos#12548847

@super1759, reyginus, donniemc ur views wud be appreciated too.

Salute
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Solozzo(m): 2:23am On Oct 14, 2012
Super1759: SPIRITUALLY....I can say heaven is here
WORLDLY....now the rich have another home
SCIENTIFICALLY....the end of earth has come
..I wish I can relocate

This is a big jewel box no doubt, but it is secured by natural forces. 40 light years is 240 trillion miles away. It's surface temperature is 3900 degrees, enough to melt steel to gas. This is a no reach dead planet, a glamorous jewel to behold only. Amazing.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Solozzo(m): 2:29am On Oct 14, 2012
Omo Alata:

It'll take you 40 years to get there shocked

No, it takes light travelling at 186, 0000 miles per second 40 years to get there. We are looking at 240 trillion miles away, my friend. We cannot get there at all using current technology.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Solozzo(m): 2:52am On Oct 14, 2012
a1solution: This world will never come to an end as some believe. It will progress to a stage where human would discover how to stay healthy and young forever and death would be no more , deformed or amputated human parts would be replace by doctors with a better one. If you believe me click the like button.

[quote author=a1solution]This world will never come to an end as some believe. It will progress to a stage where human would discover how to stay he

Nothing remains for ever. The earth will come to an end but that would be 3 billion years time when the sun evolves to a red giant and runs out of hydrogen. It would expand to engulf the planets mercury. venus and earth. Three billion yrs is good time to achieve our dreams. Thank God for his mercies
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 14, 2012
@OP.. I dnt understand half d terms used here, but i saw 'diamond planet'... Just remembered dat am an astronaut. C u guys in 40 or is it 80yrs?
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Babaken(m): 4:05am On Oct 14, 2012
Osiris.211:
Could this be heaven? The religious folks told us the roads over there are tarred with gold and diamonds.
. Oh GOD is great
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by polokor60(m): 4:19am On Oct 14, 2012
donniemc:
[size=18pt]And am not confused....you guys jst need to seek Hidden knowledge thatz all,and its a Shame nobody here has a clue on What am saying..SMH[/size]
i know what you are talking about but i would rather remain neutral to see how things unfolds from various angles.picture the end from the beginning but enjoy the roller coastal ride. wink
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by albacete(m): 5:10am On Oct 14, 2012
ceejay80s: Waste of time!! (1).If una reach there una wan tow am to earth? Una go need lasma to help (2). If una reach there na diamond un go dey chop? (3). 30yrs as an astronaut + 40yrs when u go reach there + another 40yrs to come back = 110yrs. U are already a dead astronaut. R.I.P guys, me no get long troat

GBAMEST!
Solozzo:

No, it takes light travelling at 186, 0000 miles per second 40 years to get there. We are looking at 240 trillion miles away, my friend. We cannot get there at all using current technology.

and it's not really worth all that trouble.

We can make do with the diamonds being produced in d labs.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Slickest(m): 6:13am On Oct 14, 2012
Omo 4gt40 light year parole....I'll meet baba 4dat sure jazzz,na 2 appear 4 der
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Sowada(m): 6:21am On Oct 14, 2012
Naija people dey vex. Everybody don change focus to diamond planet now.
Make una take am easy oo. All this vernity upon vernity.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by luckyamer: 6:29am On Oct 14, 2012
Travelling at d Speed of light 4 40yrs?. . . To and fro becomes. . . How much longer will u then flex d diamonds? If na so. . . I luv my naija abeg

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by adedejisy: 6:30am On Oct 14, 2012
Hymmmm let's us agree that the kingdom of God is at hand..make una dey ready.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Michky: 6:43am On Oct 14, 2012
Area_boy:

not a chance!

with the density of that thing, you don't want even a football sized one falling anywhere near where you live tongue
hehehe... The educated illiterate still believes stars are those diamonds in the sky. Lol. He doesnt know that by star, we also mean sun. He even got 2 likes! I tire o.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 14, 2012
thelastPope:

If science knew the truth, it will stop being discovery and the world would be a perfect place. Science is grossly overated!

The only sensible comment on the thread!

Science is made believe, nothing special. I expect them to come out in a few years and tell everyone to disregard this fallacy.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by jusuph: 6:53am On Oct 14, 2012
Okada !!! Stop , oya carry me go diamond plannet , how much u go take ?
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Pennywise(m): 7:26am On Oct 14, 2012
For pple getting ready to transmute in whatever form or dimension to the diamond planet, they may already be 170000yrs too late even if they get there today.

40 light years away means it took the light that left this planet (so we can see it) over 171000yrs to reach earth- meaning any of numerous things could have happened to that planet by now. It may even have evaporated out of existence or sucked into its star by gravitational pull.

So I hope our diamond prospectors will rem this as they get ready to leave Nigeria enmasse.

jusuph: Okada !!! Stop , oya carry me go diamond plannet , how much u go take ?

Wetin make u think say Okada go wait for you?
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Kassidy90(m): 7:35am On Oct 14, 2012
I wish I am clark kent.. grin

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by enesy4u(m): 7:44am On Oct 14, 2012
Osiris.211:
Could this be heaven? The religious folks told us the roads over there are tarred with gold and diamonds.
See mumu

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by obiuchesil: 7:50am On Oct 14, 2012
Make this scientists no go tamper with the diamonds and the alliens guarding it will come on rampage ooo grin grin
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Policewoman(f): 7:52am On Oct 14, 2012
muskeeto2: God and his fables keeps getting smaller and smaller.. thanks to HUMAN reasoning..

some particular leadership are still battling with providing good governance and electricity for its people...

Heaven is spiritual, yet physical. We cannot see it withour physical eyes unless God permits us to.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by donigspain(m): 8:03am On Oct 14, 2012
Pennywise: For pple getting ready to transmute in whatever form or dimension to the diamond planet, they may already be 170000yrs too late even if they get there today.
40 light years away means it took the light that left this planet (so we can see it) over 171000yrs to reach earth- meaning any of numerous things could have happened to that planet by now. It may even have evaporated out of existence or sucked into its star by gravitational pull.
So I hope our diamond prospectors will rem this as they get ready to leave Nigeria enmasse.
VERY ON POINT!!!
Is the risk/chance not worth taking?gringrin
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 14, 2012
donigspain:
VERY ON POINT!!!
Is the risk/chance not worth taking?gringrin
He has a point but he is not on point cos he still bases his analogy on light speed travel. Humans, its time we think out of the box, if its gonna take light 40yrs to travel there, then light-speed machine isnt our perfect vehicle. We need travel module 40LYs x 365 (14,600) times faster to arrive there in a day! For God's sake, time is relative and planets are not like Apple fruit, it takes hundreds of billions of Earth years for them to burn out.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Benito69(m): 8:51am On Oct 14, 2012
Have already started building my spaceship grin ....planet made of diamonds i see $$$$$$$$$$$$ grin grin grin grin
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Edbieni(m): 8:54am On Oct 14, 2012
How long wil it take me to TREK there? Plz convert it n tel me so I start d journey now... Afteral, 9JA don tire person

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Woman Flees Her House In The Middle Of the Night After Finding A Python / Wood Car Spotted In Ibadan. Photos / Pictures Of The Lunar Eclipse. Did You Experience It???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.