Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,517 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:57 AM

Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court (23519 Views)

Buhari; Christians Opinions Don't Matter As He Drags Nigeria Into Islamic Coal / Biafra: Kanu Drags Buhari To ECOWAS Court / Top Ranking Biafran Leader Drags Nigeria To New York Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by hotwax: 11:02am On Oct 15, 2012
North Should Pull Out Of Nigeria Take Its Destiny Into Its Hands-alhaji Bello

Igbos are doing theirs too.

I think the case is sorting itself out gradually.

Abeg let this hell pit explode. I am tired of associating myself with bigots
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by solomon111(m): 11:02am On Oct 15, 2012
ocelot2006:

Hey speak for yourself. As a fellow South-South man, my allegiance is solely to my country Nigeria and the green-white-green flag, and I vehemently refuse to side with some defeated pipe-dream cocked up years ago. Yes mistakes were made in the past by previous military govts against the people of the Niger-Delta. But then again, everyone else bore the brunt of the military's neglect. It's not as if these past military leaders developed their own states or regions (apart from their own personal pockets). If so, how come the North is still far behind in terms of education, health-care, and civil infrastructure. Every other region have similar stories of abandonment by our past military.

With the advent of democracy, at least the FG tried to rectify these past mistakes. But you seem to heap the full blame on the FG, forgetting that our own respective state and local govts equally failed us. What the hell did they do with their own allocations?

Anyway, I don't see us SS states siding with the Biafrans. Worst case scenario, we declare our own republic (although it will never get to that).
smh.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2012
Folks, Biafra does not need the oil or territories of the South South to excel.
WE will stun the whole world both on creativity and productivity. Our technological exports will be enough to keep us moving.

However, Nigeria must know that they must allow all others who want to join Biafra to do so.
The igbos in Asaba will go with us.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by UmarSanda: 11:05am On Oct 15, 2012
sleek29: Ibos are the biggest jokers, I want this people to leave, SS don't and would never trust them, nobody trusts them, how can military officers all agree to eliminate notable figure in government, and the prime minister (balewa), Northern premier (Sardauna), Western premier (Akintola) were killed and then the president (Zik) and eastern premier miraculously escaped and you expect hausas not to be riled. The hatred and distrust of Ibos by hausas started in 1966, how can you kill the sardauna and expect them to just forget, I just love the yoruba for being master strategists and not the bluffing ojukwu who had no clear plan to execute a war and ended up killing 3M+ people.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by UmarSanda: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2012
sleek29: Ibos are the biggest jokers, I want this people to leave, SS don't and would never trust them, nobody trusts them, how can military officers all agree to eliminate notable figure in government, and the prime minister (balewa), Northern premier (Sardauna), Western premier (Akintola) were killed and then the president (Zik) and eastern premier miraculously escaped and you expect hausas not to be riled. The hatred and distrust of Ibos by hausas started in 1966, how can you kill the sardauna and expect them to just forget, I just love the yoruba for being master strategists and not the bluffing ojukwu who had no clear plan to execute a war and ended up killing 3M+ people.
My guy help me tell dem o, how cn dey xpct 2 execute 2 most respect Hausa leaders of al time and xpct d Hausas 2 fold their arms. Igbos brot al dis 2 demself wit their bias ethnic cleansing
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by freesoul3(f): 11:10am On Oct 15, 2012
ocelot2006:

Hey speak for yourself. As a fellow South-South man, my allegiance is solely to my country Nigeria and the green-white-green flag, and I vehemently refuse to side with some defeated pipe-dream cocked up years ago. Yes mistakes were made in the past by previous military govts against the people of the Niger-Delta. But then again, everyone else bore the brunt of the military's neglect. It's not as if these past military leaders developed their own states or regions (apart from their own personal pockets). If so, how come the North is still far behind in terms of education, health-care, and civil infrastructure. Every other region have similar stories of abandonment by our past military.

With the advent of democracy, at least the FG tried to rectify these past mistakes. But you seem to heap the full blame on the FG, forgetting that our own respective state and local govts equally failed us. What the hell did they do with their own allocations?

Anyway, I don't see us SS states siding with the Biafrans. Worst case scenario, we declare our own republic (although it will never get to that).

the only people in SE and SS who wants to contineu in nigeria are those who benefit personally from nigeria, like old soldiers like you
every retired military personnel wants nigeria to continue
go and ask danjuma!

as long as these old soldiers are there in igboland and SS, they will stick with nigeria because their pension is at stake! shocked shocked cheesy

ya words na selfish word
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by freesoul3(f): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2012
HAIL BIAFRA!
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by omayyi: 11:13am On Oct 15, 2012
asking ibos living in other parts of Nigeria to move back to biafra following disintegration is as good as death sentence. Give them their Biafra
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by COOLDUN: 11:16am On Oct 15, 2012
sleek29: Ibos, the most cunning people in the world, the reason why foreigners hate nigerians, the dupe everywhere, from fake drugs to substandard products and all claim to be businessmen, please can one find one clean ibo businessman? Always seeking to cheat the next man, go to ghana and ask why they hate nigerians, go to SA, just go and find out why they so much detest nigerians, I really want that to change to biafrans, the only tribe where parents don't question or investigate the source of their children's wealth. I just love the peace I enjoy in lagos during december when they have made their 'pilgrimage' to the east and pray they don't return

You senseless yoruba should also go to Cote Di'voire and ask them why they call you yorubas ANANGO? Kettle that calls pot black. Go to the UK and other Western world and ask who are the masters of the credit card forgeries and theft. Nigeria is a mere Geographical Expression according by your tribalist father Awolowo. Nigeria is meaningless and futureless. Every Nigerian is seen as a criminal both you and your other tribal brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by kaeto(m): 11:22am On Oct 15, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: Weneva dem ibos want sumtin from da f.g. De jus bring up da issue of biafra. Wel, if dia hopin to to get da top job in aso villa com 2015, de had better wake up to d stark reality dat naija aint gon be hood-winked into an ibo presidency, not jus yet anyway.
why do you think an Igbo will not, in 2015 or '19 become president of Nigeria? For all the yorubas who nurse such fears, remember 2011 and what Igbo vote does to haters . Buhari just finished public-weeping and the way you are potraying your Igbo hate, expect an unfair gesture. This is politics it broke and now made us (IGBOs), the north is yet to deal you a blow for the serial betrayal and the SS, God knows. I wonder who you'll run to when that time comes. I personally hold no childish grudge like falana, obj etc.does against the yorubas, but unlike the igbo disunity mantra in the west, when politics kicks we speak with a voice, what we have repetitively done in socio-economic wrestle to dominate the rest of the country, a fact that breeds grudge amongst those that laid the quaky shaky foundation of their economy with Biafran blood. We are getting the 'HATE' message and shall reply you in due time. Arewa seems to have caught some lessons...
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by ABJay1: 11:26am On Oct 15, 2012
CyberG: I think the judges should do justice to this case, so let us see. In my opinion though, let the ibos secede but their will be conditions which will NOT be negotiable:

1. Every ibo man will NOT have access or be allowed to live anywhere else that is current Nigeria, except iboland: Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi. They shall have ONLY 3 months to relocate to iboland. Every ibo who is not will be in contravention of secession agreement, will be liable for grave penalty, treason, become a legitimate target which includes capital punishment with all other options on the table.

2. They will be responsible for their local debts to banks, etc in their new country

3. If Nigeria is NOT good enough now, it WILL NOT be good enough for them later on ANYTHING, so no access to Nigeria's ports, airspace, oil reserves not on iboland, coast, currency, etc.

4. There will be NO economic cooperation with it and ANY parts of Nigeria.

5. Their military will be limited to 50,000 or a number as deemed fit by agreement at secession. Like Iran and other states, they shall not be allowed to make or buy heavy weapons, nuclear technology, etc.

6. There shall be an international body (including representatives from Nigeria) to monitor their compliance to 5 above.

7. Any break to the agreement will be met with BLUNT, BRUTAL FORCE that is not aimed at correction as Nigeria will not waste any efforts or resources bogged down in a stupid war over a land less than the size of Benue State. Also, Nigeria shall maintain permanent military bases, missile shields, and forward operating bases in Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Edo, Benue and Kogi States. Nigeria will also assemble new military divisions to be stationed off the Atlantic coasts with a fleet of aircraft carriers, battleships. Dive bombers and heavy bombers shall be stationed in all states mentioned above. Drones shall be allowed to roam biafran skies and fly at not less than 18,000 ft.

8. The agreement shall remain in perpetuity and immutable for NOT less than 100,000 years!

Why should a land not up to the size of Benue State threaten you so much..
If nothing good will come out of the separation why are you so AFRAID! to let Biafra go undecided grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by ocelot2006(m): 11:27am On Oct 15, 2012
free_soul:

the only people in SE and SS who wants to contineu in nigeria are those who benefit personally from nigeria, like old soldiers like you
every retired military personnel wants nigeria to continue
go and ask danjuma!

as long as these old soldiers are there in igboland and SS, they will stick with nigeria because their pension is at stake! shocked shocked cheesy

ya words na selfish word

First of all, what makes you think I'm an old soldier? Also, have you gone around the SS to ask about the common man's opinion about Biafra? If you're so sure we'll side, how come we fought under the Nigerian flag? Do you have any fcking idea what my family went through in the hands of these biafran bastards? In the very end, it was a SS man who ended the whole madness, while the initiator of the while mess ran away to Ivory Coast (bloody coward).

I will say this again. I VEHEMENTLY oppose any bloody alliance with that ppe-dream biafra, or the traitors behind the idea. In fact, I suggest the court throw out the suit, while w arrest those behind it for treason and detained them at Yellow house.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by COOLDUN: 11:28am On Oct 15, 2012
BlueMurder:

You call Yorubas tribalists, yet you reek of putrefying tribalism; you call Hausa/Fulanis animals, but you should know that only an intellectually lazy slowpoke paints an entire ethnic group black. You really need to disinfect your views before posting them here, however anonymous this forum might be.

Thank you for using those words, now you yorubas should know that you fall into that your words as you paint all the Igbo tribe more black that black itself. Truth is bitter; I can see your anger towards this post. A man that feeds on a human flesh should pinch himself.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 15, 2012
There was once a country called Biafra, Haiti among other countries recognized and had a diplomatic tie with Biafra. Nigeria waged a war against that country and Gowon declared no victor, no vanquish but victory to common sense. That commonsense is no more common due to neglect of the indigent Biafrans and the People of Biafra have the right to security, protection and Independence and that's exactly what the Bilie Initiative has decided to seek a legal redress. It is not a wrong step at all, I think it is the wisest decision to keep the spirit of unionism burning using the justice departments. Whether such dreams are achievable depends on the will of the people of former Biafra and the United Nation. I for one, will naturally become a Biafran if the sovereignty is granted even though I would wish to continue to be Nigerian. Aluta Continua, Victoria Aceta.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by gidiMonsta(m): 11:51am On Oct 15, 2012
CyberG: I think the judges should do justice to this case, so let us see. In my opinion though, let the ibos secede but their will be conditions which will NOT be negotiable:

1. Every ibo man will NOT have access or be allowed to live anywhere else that is current Nigeria, except iboland: Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi. They shall have ONLY 3 months to relocate to iboland. Every ibo who is not will be in contravention of secession agreement, will be liable for grave penalty, treason, become a legitimate target which includes capital punishment with all other options on the table.

2. They will be responsible for their local debts to banks, etc in their new country

3. If Nigeria is NOT good enough now, it WILL NOT be good enough for them later on ANYTHING, so no access to Nigeria's ports, airspace, oil reserves not on iboland, coast, currency, etc.

5. Their military will be limited to 50,000 or a number as deemed fit by agreement at secession. Like Iran and other states, they shall not be allowed to make or buy heavy weapons, nuclear technology, etc.

6. There shall be an international body (including representatives from Nigeria) to monitor their compliance to 5 above.

7. Any break to the agreement will be met with BLUNT, BRUTAL FORCE that is not aimed at correction as Nigeria will not waste any efforts or resources bogged down in a stupid war over a land less than the size of Benue State. Also, Nigeria shall maintain permanent military bases, missile shields, and forward operating bases in Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Edo, Benue and Kogi States. Nigeria will also assemble new military divisions to be stationed off the Atlantic coasts with a fleet of aircraft carriers, battleships. Dive bombers and heavy bombers shall be stationed in all states mentioned above. Drones shall be allowed to roam biafran skies and fly at not less than 18,000 ft.

8. The agreement shall remain in perpetuity and immutable for NOT less than 100,000 years!

LMAO!!! You wan them Biafrans to accuse us of genocide again for not feeding them? Me I no dey dat one ooo.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by ocelot2006(m): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2012
noblezone: Folks, Biafra does not need the oil or territories of the South South to excel.
WE will stun the whole world both on creativity and productivity. Our technological exports will be enough to keep us moving.

However, Nigeria must know that they must allow all others who want to join Biafra to do so.
The igbos in Asaba will go with us.

And if we don't allow that, what will you do?
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by cheleku(m): 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2012
[quote author=CyberG]I think the judges should do justice to this case, so let us see. In my opinion though, let the ibos secede but their will be conditions which will NOT be negotiable:

When people complain about the cruelty meted out on the 'hapless' masses by our rulers,I smile sardonically. I smile because Ive come to understand that the rulers are just a microcosm of the masses. Callousness is perversive in the land, and hence we shouldnt expect our rulers to act any differnt. Imagine this dude (cyberG) in a leadership position tommorrow! The venom he habors now is still latent as he can only use it on the internet. Imagine when he get the opportunity to excercise some clout!
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by Yujin(m): 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2012

Another Hitler in the making. With four likes for this comment, I think a nuclear weapon is necessary. @Cyberg, I hope you know that a wounded lion is more deadly!
Well, I don't think this is the view of most Yorubas.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by bolakale30(m): 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2012
my sympathy has always been with the Igbos ever since I read abt the Nigerian civil war and it has heightened after recent killings perpetrated by the Boko boys. However, the Igbos too are not completely innocent. They propagated the 1st coup the Hausas lost two of their most influential politicians Tafawa Balewa and The sarudana, Ahmadu Bello, what ever good intention they might claim to have, was dealt a bloody blow by the sparing of Zik, hence, it looked like an ethnic cleansing, the Hausas retaliated with the infamous May 1966 killings of the Igbos that led to the civil war. Ibos (most notably, Achebe) claimed Awolowo betrayed the Ibos, Awolowo (just like me) believed in a one Nigeria. How do u expect him to buy into something he doesn't believe in... However, I think the Igbos shld be more civil this time around in demanding their rights but they should stop claiming to be completely innocent

1 Like

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by Desola(f): 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: It's time to revisit the Biafran Genocide and perpetrators persecuted for crimes against humanity. Compensation a must. Hague Criminal court is appropriate.

Yet you've waited for over 42 years and are still waiting to approach the Hauge? Something tells me that it's because you cannot and will never be able to substantiate your claims.

If you try Nigeria for war crimes, what then should the innocent dwellers of the midwest which you killed and maimed do to you Biafrans?
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by saintohia: 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
Callotti:

Hmmmmmmmm!!!

What an effrontery!!!
Preposterous!!!!
Surely, I don't expect ANY court to take this piece of crap seriously. . . .?

Nothing wrong with maintaining cultural identity, as ALL groups of people around Nigeria do just that.
Why should the Biafran culture be different?
BECAUSE IT WAS A THREAT TO THE INTEGRITY OF THE NIGERIAN STATE THEN. . . AND FOR EVER. kiss
There is nothing pleasant or cohesive about the concept of BIAFRA.

Dear Biafrans. . . celebrate this thingy in your 'hamlets' or 'villages'. . .you are Nigerians. . .
The Nigerian government has recognized that you are threats. . . even to yourselves.
Behave yourselves or be VANQUISHED again. kiss
You don't want to end up with pot-bellies filled with 'Higashiosaka-Kwashiorkor' bugs again. . .do ya?

^

Listen, a forced union doesn't exist b/c you'll either be tired forcing one or the other person wld force himself out of such union some day. There must be a valid and often renewed agreement existing.

By the way, which country wld get Biafrans vanquished and with whose resources?

You need to prayer for ever this time or wait for sunshine, there's no other Bakassi to be used as BARTER to win Biafra. You'll also be deceiving urself based on u're calculations, SS and NE have learnt their lessons that one Nijirieya doesn't exist...
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by Desola(f): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2012

This makes perfect sense.

A million likes!
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by saintohia: 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
ogugua88: The Biafra region is inside Nigeria. Was Nigeria inside Great Britain?

^

Maybe you are asking for a referendum .
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by joeyfire(m): 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
Igbo haters don't need to hyperventilate. Just fast for 3 days that your prayers be answered and we can leave in peace.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by Dainfamous: 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
wait till the war reach yoruba boundaries we will see their reaction then because they will fight the war alone.fuel subsidy is an example embarassed@ cybegG you are in uk drinking fresh milk while typing on ur keyboard farting at the same time believing that ur hatred on BIAFRANS will make a difference in your delusional fish brain,in the separation process i must say that yorubas will not want any trouble for their own good...

1 Like

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by saintohia: 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2012

4. There will be NO economic cooperation with it and ANY parts

^

You don't have the power to decide how Biafrans live and operate, ok?

Don't also deceive yourself by thinking SS would want to remain with u.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by snowprince01(m): 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2012

U r really an evil person. If only u were God..am igbo nd I believe in 1 nigeria bt thinking we igbos can't make it all alone by these ur write ups, then u r joking. We actual survive better in difficult times. Have a peaceful heart as it is d only way to self fulfillment..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing / Fuel Crisis : How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel At Your Place? / Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.