Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,429 members, 7,968,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 07:13 PM

Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 (34955 Views)

Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle / Raw Video Of Uniport Aluu 4 Killings Viewers Discretion Advised / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by emmykk(m): 8:07pm On Oct 15, 2012
those guys were theives or culties. one shot a gun and ran leaving the others to stew.mob could not be wrong.but the killing is too bad.they would have just beat them and handover them to the police.who don die don die
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Hardfact: 8:07pm On Oct 15, 2012
For once, Nigeria Police Authorities should shut up, stop broadcasting lies about their men's endorsement of and involvement in the killing of the Aluu UNIPORT four. The evidence of Police involvement is so overwhelming that their weak official lies cannot believed!!

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2012
Thank God the police ran away(why did they run away sef) undecided, had they fired a shot, the police-hating media and jobless/half-literate masses would have claimed the boys were shot dead by the police. Now they retreated for reinforcement, yet they are blamed, it is a pity to be a police officer in a crime-loving society like Nigeria, they can’t love or support the police. If the police had shot at the mob by now so-called human right activists would have charged them for using excessive force, “bullets against ordinary stones” Sorry Nigeria Police, you are between the Devil and the deep blue sea.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Les: 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
.NET:
To those who branded those boys as cultists, I hope you've heard the true story.

Something similar happened to me in Port Harcourt 2007. One day, I went on marketing, drive distributing fliers (for the company I was working for). I entered Tantalizers at Nwaja junction in Trans-Amadi to drop some flyers of my company for a program that was forth-coming.

Inside the Restaurant, there was this small, photo studio and I met a young boy there. After exchanging handshakes and other pleasantries, I dropped my flyers and asked him to let people take them, so they can patronize my company.

I had barely left Tantilizers when this boy ran towards me and (with a terrible frown) asked me to come back to Tantalizers. I asked him what the problem was, but he refused to say anything. He insisted that I come, so I obliged ( I had no choice).

When we got there, the boy said the most bizarre thing I have ever heard in my life. He said that when I shook him (handshake), his peni.s got missing. I was bewildered! At this point, people started rushing inside Tantalizers to see the 'Peni.s thief'.

Before I knew what was going on, SLAPS and PUNCHES started coming from Left, Right and Everywhere! I wasnt even given a chance to explain myself. The more I tried to talk, the worse it got for me. It was as if I had a grouse with these people before this time. These people were beating me as if they knew me before

So, after a few punches, someone mustered courage to ask the boy to unzip his Trousers. He did so and alas... the PENI.S was THERE. That was when he said something worse. He then said that the Peni.s is there quite alright, but that it is not working. So, some people became apprehensive of the boy. His story was not straight anymore. First, it was missing; now, it is not working. Which one we go take? Meanwhile, I was writhing in pains, due to the slaps and blows I had received from those vulcanizers and spare parts dealers.

When I saw the thing, I felt like stabbing that boy and dying together with him. Finally, they let me make a few calls. I immediately called my BOSS. He came with some other people and we then went to the Police Station.

By the time we got to Trans-Amadi Police Station, the boy obviously saw it was going to be a Bad-day for him. People of influence started coming. Immediately, the boy started feigning Illiteracy, pretended not to know how to even speak or write English. My BOSS warned him sternly and threatened to deal with him.

Then, a thought came into my mind: Let me take this boy to a Hospital where he can be medically examined to know if actually his peni.s is not working. But on the other hand, I thought: What if this boy had a disease before, and the medical exam proves it. Won't it corroborate his story. After everything, I just decided to let it go.

The way God saved me from that day, I will never forget.

Now, consider this: WHAT IF MY STORY HAPPENED IN ALUU?
if you had read my previous post, i mentioned dat notin could be done to save dem cos they are dead already in spiritual realm. D same thing is applicable here, if you were dead in the spirit realm or it's ur time to die, d person dat summoned dat couraged to confirm d boy's story might even be d one that'l give u ur last punch on earth- dat's d way tins work but many are not aware, just go and tank your God!!! I say they are dead in d spirit cos a friend of mine dat studies in uniph dat knows one of dem-actually admires d fine 1, told me a dream she had in d morning dat very day they were killed- don't wanna go into dat now sha. Jesus said "let d dead bury d dead" i just hope dis would b d last comment i'll make on dis aluu topic about the wickedness of man so i'll just go and mourn d death of those i know not, yet!! Hurts me more than d death of my own grandfather dat just died peacefully on his sleep!!!! REST IN PEACE, BROTHERS!!!!
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by fuckurfeelings: 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2012
someone wrote ===============Nigeria police know how to fabricate lies.... {Attempt made by the Police Patrol Team to take over the suspects were met with stiff opposition from the mob who chased the team with stones” the statement read.} i witnessed a scenario where police officer implicated a bus driver by dropping an indian hemp in his pocket and dragged this innocent man into serious trouble... an average Nigeria police officer embedded with questionable character. In fact Nigeria police are potential robber and 419 by default. i hate the job called POLICE i mean Nigeria police job, i will dis-own any member of my family who is a police officer they're useless set of people...

seconded sad sad sad sad angry angry angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided undecided embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Iyaqueen(f): 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
[b]so if it was police the mob where beating or stoning to death,will dey leave the place.....Why dis big lie
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by alextayo(m): 8:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
fuckurfeelings :
someone wrote ===============Nigeria police know how to fabricate lies.... {Attempt made by the Police Patrol Team to take over the suspects were met with stiff opposition from the mob who chased the team with stones” the statement read.} i witnessed a scenario where police officer implicated a bus driver by dropping an indian hemp in his pocket and dragged this innocent man into serious trouble... an average Nigeria police officer embedded with questionable character. In fact Nigeria police are potential robber and 419 by default. i hate the job called POLICE i mean Nigeria police job, i will dis-own any member of my family who is a police officer they're useless set of people...

seconded sad sad sad sad angry angry angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided undecided embarassed embarassed embarassed

I can never trust this organization of celebrated illitrates called NPF....I also witnessed a scenario where a police officer was attacked and dispossed of his rifle.....he ran back to where his team parked their patrol van to alert them of what happened and for possible re-inforcement. But to our greatest shock, his Boss gave him a thunderous slap and was mad at him for coming back empty handed...he roared that " YOU NO FIT GRAB SOMEBODY FOR ROAD DRAG AM COME HERE.....that is the extent at which these useless officers can go to cover their track. I am not surprised by the IGP SHAMEFUL statement...what do you expect from a corrupt force

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Tobbylobar(m): 8:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
calebo101: God punish the Nigeria police force. What a silly excuse.just imagine the rubbish he is saying "the mob chased us"? Militants chase una, boko haram chase una,armed robbers chase una, kidnappers chase una, mob chase una....who una don chase? Fools. Next story please cool
....well we dey chase okada rider n bus driver n conductor because of N20...lol

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by blackbeau1(f): 8:36pm On Oct 15, 2012
Stones and guns,I wonder which one pass which? Tales by moonlight
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Wadosky(m): 8:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
we have a lead here,the good people of nigeria will not rest until those murderers are caught so we are demanding more from the police and people who must have come across those names to publish their PICTURES especially that murderer COXSON who must equally be a student of uniport,his facebook address,his town,will help in hunting him down.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Horus(m): 8:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
[size=17pt]Police declares Coxson Lelebori Lucky wanted for Aluu killings[/size]

The Nigerian Police Force has declared wanted the alleged master minder of the killing of four students of the University of Port-Harcourt students on the 5th of October 5th 2012 in Aluu, Rivers state.

Identifying the alleged master-mind of the mob action as Mr Coxson Lelebori Lucky, the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Mr Frank Mba, confirmed that the wanted man is on the run.

He however noted that the police is gradually closing in on him.

The police spokesman further announced that 21 suspects have been arrested and are now in police custody for their involvement in the killing.

The new arrests according to the Mr Mba were made from the videos of the incidence and intelligence of the Nigerian Police Force.

He also noted that the Inspector-General of Police has also ordered an inquest into the alleged involvement of police officers and will bring to book anyone found wanting.

He urged Nigerians to continue to assist the police with any intelligence concerning the killings and other security challenges in the country.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/15/police-declares-coxson-lelebori-lucky-wanted-for-aluu-killings-arrests-21/

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by lexylexy9: 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
they were pursued?? if ordinary mobs without guns can scare them away, how wud they be able to fight theives who carry guns,meanwhile the ppro of police in abuja said the police shot the victims because they were being harrased by the armless ppl in apo. so much for police controversies.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by UNLEASHED(m): 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
Nigeria police ran away because the mob throw stones at them? They don't have guns to scare them away? Assuming the mobs don't relent, if they shoot a couple of them in the leg, will others wait? The IGP and his boys are nothing but bunch of daft twats. But seriously, which sector in Nigeria can we write home about? Nigeria is just big for nothing old F00L!
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by ubong560(m): 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
slimming: Police cannot execused themselves from the failure to rescue those boys.

I totall agree wit u my broda. U see, police do not hav any reasonable excuse(s) on their failure in dis act. Imagine a forced men being chased away by mob wit ORDINARY STONES. How dos it sound? I guess vry foolish, armedless, weakness and negligence. If they could run away bcs of dat, den i wonder wat security faith do we av in them. Nonsense!!!
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by redsun(m): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2012
What are the comparison between the case of TREVOR MARTIN that was senselessly killed by robert zimmerman in florida and was set american la set free by american justice system and aluu macabre?If not for public outcry.

And so many other stand your ground law incidents in america that encourage race killing at slightest provations?Is america trully less barbaric?
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by megachuks(m): 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
can you imagine this kind of story line. the police would ve looked for a well refined story to tell the public, how could armed police men been chased with an ordinary stone? what happend to their guns? were there no bullet in it? it is a shame to the force. i think the police team that went to the scene shnuld be questioned.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
Orikinla:

THE MOST WICKED LIE I HAVE EVER READ OR HEARD IN NIGERIA.
POLICE ARMED WITH GUNS AND TEARGAS CHASED AWAY BY ANGRY MOB WITH STONES?

I witnessed in port harcourt two weeks ago angry hausa men dealing breau de change chased a combined team of policemen fully armed away at presidential hotel along Aba road. Infact they combined to resist arrest of their member whom police has come to arrest for frivolous transactions. These policemen were chased back with stones, metals and other dangerous objects.

The scene became electrifying when majority of the hausa men began to consult and arrange their charms and amulets for the worst case scenerio.

My points is the Nigeria police are not well equipped to combat civil disturbances like the Aluu case. They lack the training and apparatus to curtail such uprising in a civilian uprisings.
1. They lack defensive metal shield.
2. No combatant metal helment
3. No false(rubbe) bullet
4. No tear gas
5.No informative disseminating system(megaphone).
6. No batten

Now tell me how a defenseless police will confront a mob? Ok, their AK 47, do you expect them to start shooting all the members of the community because they want to save a suspect?
If we all have watched the ARABS spring uprisings, our orientations will definitely change to absolve the police of ineptitude.

But again, while not holding brief for the police or anybody I still blame the police for not using diplomatic means to coerce the angry mob into not engaging in barbaric acts. The could have immediately got to the chief of the community and appeal to him to stop the mob detailing the implication of jungle justice rather than calling for a 10km backup.
My sympathy goes to the family of those unfortunate guys. God knows the best.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by kpogede77: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2012
The police only succeeded in confirming what the sister of one of the victims said that the police supported the burning of those boys. It is a shame for the police Ig to claim that his men were chased with stones. It is not possible to chase police holding guns with stones, that is a big lie. This is not the first time that the Police have encouraged burning of suspect by mob. I personally witness one of such incident in warri when three boys followed a woman and collected her bag containing N300'000, they were chased by the youths in the community to a police check point. When they got to the check point, they abandoned their bike and ran into the bush. The people brought out the boys from the bush and started burning them alive but the money that they stole was collected from them by the same people who set them ablaze without giving to the woman. The police came , they interviewed the boys, they shot one of them on the leg to disclose where they kept the money but the boys maintained that the community youths who brought them out of the bush collected the money. At this point the youths became so determine to silence the boys. The police handed over the three boys to them, saying that they should burn them alive, we don't have space to accommodate them in our station. The Owner of the money pleaded with the police to take the boys to station so that their family can refund her money and bail them but the police insisted that they should set them ablaze. This is not story I was there, I tried to convince the police to take them to station but they refused. So what the IG said was a ruse, it makes no sense at all. Was he there to confirm if the officers told him the truth. The problem in Nigeria today is caused by police. Police cause boko haram problem, police cause jungle justice because people do not trust them to prosecute when there is money. Police sell guns and bullet to criminals. The NPF should be disbanded and replaced with well trained state police

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by michealade(m): 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2012
Omo see lie abeg.GOD PUNISH EVERY MEMBER OF NPF..may they b burnt by BH.nigerian police are more or less assassins
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by walexbiz(m): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mobinga:

Based on this report? He even explicitly used "suspects".

How are you different from the lynchers? Jumping to conclusions.

only the judge of competent jurisdiction can criminalize somebody. So they are suspect until the court says otherwise
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Oceemo(m): 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: At least this shows that the Officers aren't sleeping on this issue. NPF more grease to your elbows. Let's get these murderers. cool
you pepu are really funny in nairaland u dat wll rain brimston on d npf is nw gvin dem kudos y dnt d shoot since it waz neccessary if its 2 kill an unarmed little gal d gun is happy 2 do dat 9ija police ar damn fuckin stupid i mean real stupid
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Afolabs101: 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
Armed robbers are fair game for the police, so it's quite plausible that the officers were told the boys were armed robbers caught in the act. So unless there was a chance for some real "egunje" they might have allowed it to happen and even encourage it.

At least with this address by the IG and the release of the supsects names,it seems that justice may be done. Let's hope so.... IG, it's up to you

Ajillo: How many times have the police taken armed robbers to court for prosecution. The police either kill them on the scene or take them to their barracks and kill them there. So how could such police force prevent a mob from killing supposed armed robbers. What I believe happened is that the police urged the mob to kill the boys as they usually do themselves.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by andyanders: 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
Hardfact: For once, Nigeria Police Authorities should shut up, stop broadcasting lies about their men's endorsement of and involvement in the killing of the Aluu UNIPORT four. The evidence of Police involvement is so overwhelming that their weak official lies cannot believed!!
That is the truth. In fact I still think the IG gave a wrong presentation of this case and I am not happy.
Well, I thank God that these guys were not robbers as the public were meant to believe.

2 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by lolaluv1(f): 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
Dear Lord, have mercy. The wickedness in the heart of man is just unbelievable.

The first day I read about this story, I couldn't sleep. Even though I didn't see the video or pictures of the boys being tortured.
All I saw was a still picture of the guy holding the plank and I wept, especially after reading that he used it on the boys.

If I could be that traumatised without video or picture, then I can't begin to imagine what those guys went through, all for a crime they didn't commit.

I pray the perpetrators of this dasdardly act are brought to book and made to pay.

2 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by illiterati: 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2012
This post has been hidden
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Horus(m): 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
[size=15pt]Names of the Killers[/size]

Coxson Lelebori Lucky, alias ‘Bright’.(Still on the run from the Police)
Alhaji Hassan Welewa
Felemo Solomon
Cynthia Chinwo
Ozioma Abajuo
Chigozie Samuel Evans
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Leadn(m): 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
chemashie:
Do you have to quote the whole epistle & write in block letters to drive home ur point? Olodo!

dude yu're wack! I think yu've lost nuts in yur small pea-nut sized head! I won't be surprised if yu're a police officer or yur p-man is one angry angry
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by doopsy(f): 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
undecided Or should the government provide stones and sticks for the Nigerian Police to make them more effective..smh

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Emiru(m): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
C eh.. All of u postinq trash about d stupid efforts of d coward police men baffle me alot.. One tin i dont qet is about policemen coorperatinq with themselves to cause havoc in d society.. Or rada to support evils.. Tke 4 example d one that happend wherby d policeman hit d peacemaker 2 death.. He waz supported by the superior officer dia in an attempt to safequard d crime quilty policeman.. cry seriously im ashamed of my country as a whole.. And i will neva want to hear the word POLICE all my life.. Becos it is beta 2 be a well known criminal .. Stealinq and commitinq crime 2 d fulliest dan 2 be an offshore criminal lyk d lunatic instiqatious retards paradinq demselves as policemen.. Itz a pity dah a 52 yrs independent country have nufin 2 show 4 security.. Nd even d socalled security men are d qreatest thiefs nd criminals.. It is beta 2 be wit a known devil dan a pretencious angel in disquise.. I pity niqeria buh i pray our prayer will come 2ru and i know by then ME nd U will be out of diz country 4 gud.. I hate seeinq a nonsense that is progresinq .. (a progressive nonsense) buh we shud learn 4rm diz absurd berefts pliqhts goin on.. Becoz most of us ar d future leaders of 2mao.. We shud not learn 4rm dose heavy duty policemen and politicians hu gain pleasure only in eatinq and neva workinq.. Infakt im confused i feel lyk talkinq it all.. Buh :-| MAY GOD HELP NIGERIA [b] AMEN [/b]
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Debrothz(m): 9:42pm On Oct 15, 2012
Humm......
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Leadn(m): 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
Crown Prince:

I witnessed in port harcourt two weeks ago angry hausa men dealing breau de change chased a combined team of policemen fully armed away at presidential hotel along Aba road. Infact they combined to resist arrest of their member whom police has come to arrest for frivolous transactions. These policemen were chased back with stones, metals and other dangerous objects.

The scene became electrifying when majority of the hausa men began to consult and arrange their charms and amulets for the worst case scenerio.

My points is the Nigeria police are not well equipped to combat civil disturbances like the Aluu case. They lack the training and apparatus to curtail such uprising in a civilian uprisings.
1. They lack defensive metal shield.
2. No combatant metal helment
3. No false(rubbe) bullet
4. No tear gas
5.No informative disseminating system(megaphone).
6. No batten

Now tell me how a defenseless police will confront a mob? Ok, their AK 47, do you expect them to start shooting all the members of the community because they want to save a suspect?
If we all have watched the ARABS spring uprisings, our orientations will definitely change to absolve the police of ineptitude.

But again, while not holding brief for the police or anybody I still blame the police for not using diplomatic means to coerce the angry mob into not engaging in barbaric acts. The could have immediately got to the chief of the community and appeal to him to stop the mob detailing the implication of jungle justice rather than calling for a 10km backup.
My sympathy goes to the family of those unfortunate guys. God knows the best.

Is any member of your household a police officer or are you one?? Shut the fu2k up!
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Horus(m): 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
Here is the Facebook page of the man on the run from the Police https://www.facebook.com/coxson.luckyii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Butchers His Step-mother With Machete In Osun State. Graphic Photos / Moment Nigerian Policemen Waited For A Bank Alert Of Bribe From Offender (Video) / Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.