Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,952 members, 7,903,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 (34861 Views)

Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle / Raw Video Of Uniport Aluu 4 Killings Viewers Discretion Advised / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 16, 2012
Orikinla:

THE MOST WICKED LIE I HAVE EVER READ OR HEARD IN NIGERIA.
POLICE ARMED WITH GUNS AND TEARGAS CHASED AWAY BY ANGRY MOB WITH STONES?

And the inspector general subscribed to such story.

Too bad, if one of those policemen had a brother among those 4 boys, would they have allowed them get killed?

2 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by donkc12: 7:39am On Oct 16, 2012
N̶̥̊a̷̷̴ђ‎​‎​ waooo 4 police very wiked set of people. Dat is the way they arest innocent people y will day help the boys wen there are allso evil people N̶̥̊a̷̷̴ђ‎​‎​ god go show police pepe wiked people [/color][color=#000099]
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 16, 2012
NYgirl: Where is dt stupid idiotic OYB?He was on here in another related post, running his mouth about how these boys were robbers n boring us to tears about his james bond move in dealing wt armed robbers dt he encountered n how these boys deserved their fate cos they were armed robbers. I hope now that these boys have been cleared, u can go n hang urself in shame. Stupid f***er. I sincerely hope u and members of ur family meet d same fate these boys went thru. In fact if i were to say what i feel in my heart towards u ehn, e no go ever better for u. Pple like u are the problem wt nigerian n the sooner the cancerous growth, which is u incase u r wondering, is surgically removed, d better for us as a nation. F***er
no be only Oyb.Acidtalk,Honeric01,mrkels,Bittyend(Shymmex),Okija Juju etc and others I can't remember also supported the killings of the students.did you see their comments here? They are all ashamed of themselves now.of course if they were present in Aluu,they would have also killed those boys.May God have mercy on their souls!

3 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by armadeo(m): 7:58am On Oct 16, 2012
moodswing: And why are we still hungover this issue?. Too bad the boys died, but I honestly didn't expect their victim to stand by and watch them obtain him just like that.

u are a possible murderer and an olodo. Didn't u read that he owed dem money and u are ranting that they wanted to obtain him. Go and borrow money from bank and don't pay first u'll see d real definition of obtaining.

As for ur insensitive talk on overhung on the issue, this is Y we aren't growing in this nation as long as it happens to someone else its ok. Complete lack of empathy. If u love ur neighbour as urself this nation will be great.

Finally Bleep u.

4 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2012
If there is any positive to take home from this incident, it is from the families of these boys. The way they stood behind the boys saying because of the way they were brought up, they would never be robbers. That is what really touched me. The statement of Lloyd Toku's mom. "Come to my area and ask about my Child, the Child I raised". The Sister of Tekena Elkanah, who believed thieves were caught. As soon as she saw her brother in the midst, She said no these boys are not thieves. She didn't look at the evidence on ground but stood by the upbringing of her brother.

I hope we really take this into our heart. We should really work beyond our strength to bring up the next generation the right way.
cry

4 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by omoobajeje1(m): 8:08am On Oct 16, 2012
What do you mean by there Į̸̸̨§ little they can do I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ an hostile situation? Were they not trained to handle situations like this? Please let us say the truth. The police should also be blamed and those police men on duty at that particular time should also be prosecuted.
Yomieluv: We can't blame the police,there is little they can do in an hostile situation,the culprits should now be the target,and be dealt with.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by dartsidius7(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2012
IGP's story is BULLCRAP.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by uceee(m): 8:28am On Oct 16, 2012
Unbelievable. The police went there expecting to confront armed robbers, but were chased away by people with stones. Wetin dem for do if na armed robbers dem meet?

3 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by 3kay945(m): 8:43am On Oct 16, 2012
zyl_kenny:

Seconded. Please and please people, let's have a good pic of him and broadcast it. Bbm, facebook, 2go, everywhere till this murderer is found. We want his wife's pic too(claims to be a pastor, married with a kid.if that's rily him on dat fbk page) and everyone related to him. They could help with his arrest. Poor kids. Killed for a crime they didn't commit. Poor souls. Rest in peace my dears. Journey well! Till we meet again in the afterlife
We need to be sure that guy is the right person because have already downloaded all the pictures for next action of hunting.
I need to be absolutely sure.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Jeezy: 8:46am On Oct 16, 2012
Maybe they didnt know that the mob was as mad as that. Even the LAPD call for backup if the need arises. It's the slow response time to the grave situation that i have a problem with...

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by jpphilips(m): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2012
~vicky~:
Thank God the police ran away(why did they run away sef) undecided, had they fired a shot, the police-hating media and jobless/half-literate masses would have claimed the boys were shot dead by the police. Now they retreated for reinforcement, yet they are blamed, it is a pity to be a police officer in a crime-loving society like Nigeria, they can’t love or support the police. If the police had shot at the mob by now so-called human right activists would have charged them for using excessive force, “bullets against ordinary stones” Sorry Nigeria Police, you are between the Devil and the deep blue sea.

I personally chose to dis believe the police for these comments;

“Findings have revealed that the victims had gone to the area where they met their unfortunate death earlier that morning to demand for money allegedly owed to them by Coxson Lelebori Lucky, alias ‘Bright’, who raised a false alarm that the victims were armed robbers. Although, Coxson has gone underground, Detectives are on his trail.

The culprit "bright" who raised the Alarm is still at large, how did the police draw the conclusion of "FALSE ALARM"? is this another case of half baked investigation?

common sense tells me that a man calling for help, in a Nigerian higher institution environment plagued by cultism, accosted by 4/5 men in his home, in the wee hours of the morning, is no child's play.

for police to conclude it was a false alarm with "Bright" still at large is an insult to common sense.

the chief gave out the identities of the vigilante who police claimed reacted to false alarm, even when the motive of the murder has not been established from the quote below;

“Efforts are being intensified to establish the motive(s) behind this crime,

is the police taking us for fools?

if the vigilante knew from the onset it was false alarm like the police claimed, why drag the boys to the chief?

what did they tell the chief that the boys could not refute?

the early pictures of those boys shortly after leaving the chief's premises, shows they were not badly beaten yet, so why did they not explain themselves to the chief?

were they terrorizing the area in the past that the chief chose to make a scape goat out of them?

is it the motive the police wish to uncover?

MR Abubakar, next time, don't conclude on "false alarm" when you could neither arrest the boy who raised the alarm, nor the motive behind the killing by the vigilante. it demeans what ever God put in your skull.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2012
If na their family member dem wan kill, will they say the mob used stones to chase them away? GOD HELP NIGERIA
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by africanrapper: 9:21am On Oct 16, 2012
I can't believe what I'm seeing here.

Someone posted a link to the so-called Lucky that was said to be the mastermind of the Aluu4 killing. I opened it and I'm shocked to find out that this guy was my course mate at the Rivers State University of Science and Technology. We studied Computer Science (Part-Time 2002 - 2008 set). He told me he lived in Aluu, but I didn't know he was the guy in question o. (What a funny place this world is).

Are we sure he is really the main person? or is it just another person with the same name?

When did Lucky become Pastor? Na wa o.

Let me start contacting our course-mates to see if I can have a clue to where he is.

2 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 16, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: If there is any positive to take home from this incident, it is from the families of these boys. The way they stood behind the boys saying because of the way they were brought up, they would never be robbers. That is what really touched me. The statement of Lloyd Toku's mom. "Come to my area and ask about my Child, the Child I raised". The Sister of Tekena Elkanah, who believed thieves were caught. As soon as she saw her brother in the midst, She said no these boys are not thieves. She didn't look at the evidence on ground but stood by the upbringing of her brother.

I hope we really take this into our heart. We should really work beyond our strength to bring up the next generation the right way.
cry
So touching,and sad.Thank God there is justice though small at least it will bring some respite,even though we have lost,let us not lose the lesson.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Naijapikin1: 10:14am On Oct 16, 2012
Utter rubbish! Until i see someone behind bars (and it had better be the chief) that i wil hav some small regard for d police. RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by asemota2012: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2012
IT IS FABRICATED STORIES BY THE POLICE TO EXONERATE THEMSELVES FROM BLAMES AS USUAL.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 16, 2012
africanrapper: I can't believe what I'm seeing here.

Someone posted a link to the so-called Lucky that was said to be the mastermind of the Aluu4 killing. I opened it and I'm shocked to find out that this guy was my course mate at the Rivers State University of Science and Technology. We studied Computer Science (Part-Time 2002 - 2008 set). He told me he lived in Aluu, but I didn't know he was the guy in question o. (What a funny place this world is).

Are we sure he is really the main person? or is it just another person with the same name?

Let me start contacting our course-mates to see if I can have a clue to where he is.
maybe he became pastor after murdering innocent students! Am very sure he is the one.I wonder where he is now.he must be found to face the wrath of the law!
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by soundtruth(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2012
Let the police charge the case to court.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by kuzoma(m): 10:39am On Oct 16, 2012
Mr IG is like you think you are talking to fools, how can you open your mouth to tell Nigeria that the mob chased your men with stones, and your men have guns, infact you and your men are boys scout

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Onyenna(m): 10:48am On Oct 16, 2012
val_dubem: first time the NPF has been able to achieve something. kudos IGP!(still waiting for the day they'll be hanged publicly)

Kudos gini !!!Achieved what exactly!!!! .... How can you believe their buLL-crap!!??.... Police armed with guns were chased away with STONES!!!! What kinda stu-PID story is that!!!! As far as they were on that scene and did nothing before the death of those boys, then they are as guilty as those people that lynched those boys..... What NONSENSE!!!!!
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by goofie: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2012
Prestonvic:

Policemen are not permitted to shoot anyhow so as not to kill innocent people.

police men r trained to handle such situations.

our police here r only used to harrassing pple n collecting bribery dt dey hv 4gotten their primary role, which includes protecting lives.

police hv lost their respect in our society. if it were soldiers tht were deployed to save tht situation, am sure d perpetuators wld hv fled 4 their lives
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 16, 2012
Yomieluv: We can't blame the police,there is little they can do in an hostile situation,the culprits should now be the target,and be dealt with.

So u be police and u trying 2 hide urself
Abeg talk true...COWARD policemen
Common America gateman with no arms is better than naija police with yeye training
Na 20 naira dem fit collect for road...wait I hear say dey don upgrade to 50 naira nw is that true NL's
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 16, 2012
africanrapper: I can't believe what I'm seeing here.

am surprised too, maybe a wrong information, when i checked i saw ministry album, the person in question is a pastor undecided
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:04am On Oct 16, 2012
~vicky~:

am surprised too, maybe a wrong information, when i checked i saw ministry album, the person in question is a pastor undecided

What is more surprising, that looks like a wedding picture on one of the facebook profile page. A friend of Ugonna narrated a story to my sister. How not long ago, he lent N500,000.00 to a man for his wedding. When he asked the man to refund him the money, the man threatened to deal with him because he is an AJEBOTA and he is a ruggedman from tha STREETS. He said the man's wife told him that he works in the bank and he should steal from there to refund himself.

He said, he left the money for the man and hoped God delivers the man. The boy said, if he knew, he would have told Ugonna and Co. to leave money for the man that owed them Sad.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by africanrapper: 11:14am On Oct 16, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

What is more surprising, that looks like a wedding picture on one of the facebook profile page. A friend of Ugonna narrated a story to my sister. How not long ago, he lent N500,000.00 to a man for his wedding. When he asked the man to refund him the money, the man threatened to deal with him because he is an AJEBOTA and he is a ruggedman from tha STREETS. He said the man's wife told him that he works in the bank and he should still from there to refund himself.

He said, he left the money for the man and hoped God delivers the man. The boy said, if he knew, he would have told Ugonna and Co. to leave money for the man that owed them Sad.

I know when Lucky got married last year. I think he invited us (his former coursemates), but I couldn't go. If your story is true, then I'm really surprised and ashamed of him.

He could easily have told them to stop beating the boys (especially when he knew they were going to kill them). If your story is true, then Lucky is indeed callous and wicked. Or, was he intending NOT to pay back the money?

I can't believe that this guy did this. How I wish those boys can come back to Life o. Chei, they died a terrible death.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 16, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

What is more surprising, that looks like a wedding picture on one of the facebook profile page. A friend of Ugonna narrated a story to my sister. How not long ago, he lent N500,000.00 to a man for his wedding. When he asked the man to refund him the money, the man threatened to deal with him because he is an AJEBOTA and he is a ruggedman from tha STREETS. He said the man's wife told him that he works in the bank and he should still from there to refund himself.

yet we should not judge wrongly, it may be and may not and mind you they are villagers, just be observant God help us
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by snowprince01(m): 11:24am On Oct 16, 2012
uba okeke:

its sad how dey died...BUT I DIDNT TOTALLY BLAME THE MOB, 96% was the MOBs' fault why 4% where the young lads fault. reasons are..: in the beginning of the full story, Y on earth will they choose to go and collect their money by 5:AM. and also heard they handle the matta too violently that even the co tenants also assumed they where robbers.. and what concluded the whole issue is dat they came along with a cultist friend who was armed in other to scare the guy dat owe dem money.... ahhhh!! too bad!. fortunately he got away and the rest four where caught by the tenants and dey called the mob in the community,,, so u see,,, wrong move lads.. wrong move.. RIP.
The reason for d 5:30am move was to catch d guy b4 he leaves in d morning, as he has bn dodging them for some time..secondly going with a cultist was to scare d guy to be able to pay up or give them something.. D boize mite not knw the cult boy was armed. It is assumed that he can do wonders and help them get the money.. When some1 is owing u sometime u mite even go with touts rather than the police, because d polices will end up spending half of the moni, it has happened to me, bt touts mite take few bottles nd then do all d job for u..the boize were just inexperienced and am sorry for dat.. They would have made it obvious to the tenant b4 any violent actio..meet few of them and tell them their mission b4 making such move, sometimes even using d vigilante instead of the cult boy..if they used vigilante and d boy did not pay, then they cn use other measures, dat way even they were caught they wil knw it wasn't a robbery incident that they were debtors..going first with a cult boy when they r not cultists to was a wrong move.. D vigilante should cum first..

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by jpphilips(m): 11:38am On Oct 16, 2012
snowprince01:
The reason for d 5:30am move was to catch d guy b4 he leaves in d morning, as he has bn dodging them for some time..secondly going with a cultist was to scare d guy to be able to pay up or give them something.. D boize mite not knw the cult boy was armed. It is assumed that he can do wonders and help them get the money.. When some1 is owing u sometime u mite even go with touts rather than the police, because d polices will end up spending half of the moni, it has happened to me, bt touts mite take few bottles nd then do all d job for u..the boize were just inexperienced and am sorry for dat.. They would have made it obvious to the tenant b4 any violent actio..meet few of them and tell them their mission b4 making such move, sometimes even using d vigilante instead of the cult boy..if they used vigilante and d boy did not pay, then they cn use other measures, dat way even they were caught they wil knw it wasn't a robbery incident that they were debtors..going first with a cult boy when they r not cultists to was a wrong move.. D vigilante should cum first..

Now your account made sense!!! my only problem is, what minimal force did the cultist intend to use on the said debtor, which tantamount his calling for help?

I agree the boys may not be cultists, but i stand on the premise that the said vigillante are not stup!d if nothing has warranted their execution.

being a cultist or having them at your disposal for intimidation purposes still share the same risk.

in my opinion, i think the IGP info is quite premature though i understand the pressure from family and friends of the victims, nevertheless.

the IGP has no right to say the debtor raised a "false alarm" when the debtor has not been arrested,
if actually the boys went with a cultist, do you think the debtor doesn't have the right to life?

Have you witnessed an occult "marching", "jojo" or treating "fvck up" like they call it? bro it is no child's play. the debtor must have not found it funny to call for help.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by somegirl1: 11:41am On Oct 16, 2012
berem: no be only Oyb.Acidtalk,Honeric01,mrkels,Bittyend(Shymmex),Okija Juju etc and others I can't remember also supported the killings of the students.did you see their comments here? They are all ashamed of themselves now.of course if they were present in Aluu,they would have also killed those boys.May God have mercy on their souls!

+ otokxs and pdude

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Wabsz: 11:55am On Oct 16, 2012
Hw wud d police say d mob stopped dem frm saving d life's of dose boiz,weren't d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ armed.the ​​§o called bright Ȋ̝̊̅§ declared wanted by d police wifout showing us pictures of d idiot.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:59am On Oct 16, 2012
~vicky~:

yet we should not judge wrongly, it may be and may not and mind you they are villagers, just be observant God help us

I hope he isn't the one. The story I narrated came to my mind when I saw the wedding pic. The probability is very low that a random pic is the same person the banker friend of Ugonna is talking about.

I can make calls to ask the guy if the name of the person is the same but I hope it isn't. No need opening old wounds.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
~vicky~:

The guy I am talking about is a different incident. He is not saying that the guy he lent money is the same guy Ugonna also lent money. He was saying that people borrow money from others and threaten them that they will not pay back the money. He is a friend of Ugonna and if he knew that Ugonna was going to collect money from someone that owed him who was refusing to pay. He would have advised him to let the money go. I just hope they are not related.

REMEMBER INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Internet Fraudsters Assassinate Lawyer For Ripping Them Off Of N18m / Sele-ebi Ware-ebi: Suspected Cultist Kills Man For Wearing Red Beret In Delta / Boko Haram Leader Arrested In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.