Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,834 members, 7,915,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:33 PM

International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent (44603 Views)

5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian / Let Have Some Fun - 'age That International Celebs Lost Virginity' / Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by OmoAlata(f): 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
Tee_Seven: grin
Haba! Oga TJ! Dem no talk 'international Embarrasments' nao

A celeb is a celeb grin grin
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2012
Lemar Obika, professionally known simply as Lemar, is an English R&B recording artist and record producer. Obika has had a run of chart success in the UK, Europe and Australia.

2 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Shaw007(m): 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
alleviate2002us: Born on July 10, 1977, in Forest Gate to Nigerian parents, Chiwetel attended Dulwich College in South-East London. By the age of 13, he was appearing in numerous school and National Youth Theatre productions, and subsequently attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts.
wow. . .he was d lead In '2012'
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Shaw007(m): 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
learn: Adetomiwiwa Edun

He is currently playing the role of'"SIR ELYON"" in the award winning BBC SERIES === MERLIN
ehen yes!! I talk am!! . . .dis bOi na FINE boi,he had 2 be NigerIan!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by solomon111(m): 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
Shaw007: wow. . .he was d lead In '2012'
yeah!
I am proud of that guy.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by ddippset(m): 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
What about the williams' sisters and nas? I thought they were nigerians tOo.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by infolpf: 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
I don't know why Megalyn Echikunwoke has not been able to get a big break in her career.

I'd say playing the role of Don Cheadle's love interest in the critically acclaimed cable series "House of Lies" is a big break, no?

Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel was born on 19 February 1963 in Paddington, London, England. He is the son of Adebisi and Francis Samuel. His mother is Nigerian, while his father is Brazilian.

Seal - his father was not Brazilian, Seal says that to make himself sound exotic and interesting! His father was a Lagosian, possibly from the Brazilian returnee families. Omo yoruba ni.

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by cheddarking(m): 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
I've also heard Dr Dre(Dare) and Ne-yo(Niyi) are Egba boys... tongue
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Afam4eva(m): 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
cheddarking: I've also heard Dr Dre(Dare) and Ne-yo(Niyi) are Egba boys... tongue
Neyo's name is Shaffer 'Chimere' Smith.

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by DonaldGenes(m): 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
solomon111: Col ike dubaku,a Nigerian?
I don dey fear o,.
Lmao! So as I think so,dude ain't got anything to do with 9ja?
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by cheddarking(m): 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva:
Neyo's name is Shaffer 'Chimere' Smith.

You mean Niyi is also part-Igbo?
Wow thats interesting!

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Afam4eva(m): 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2012
cheddarking:

You mean Niyi is also part-Igbo?
Wow thats interesting!
He has an Igbo name but i don't know if he's a Nigerian.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
info@lpf:

I'd say playing the role of Don Cheadle's love interest in the critically acclaimed cable series "House of Lies" is a big break, no?

Seal - his father was not Brazilian, Seal says that to make himself sound exotic and interesting! His father was a Lagosian, possibly from the Brazilian returnee families. Omo yoruba ni.

Seal is a complete tw.at, he considers his Nigerian heritage an albatross.

I can't believe tw.at gets changed to arrow by NL filter. Oga o!!!
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Afam4eva(m): 1:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
naijababe:

Seal is a complete Arrow, he considers his Nigerian heritage an albatross.
Seal has both a Nigerian and Brazilian heritage, though he claims the Brazil side. I guess nobody wants to be identified with failure.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by DonaldGenes(m): 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
ddippset: What about the williams' sisters and nas? I thought they were nigerians tOo.
Me think those hot girls are from Ghana cos them got ass like an earthquake especially serena
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
Do anyone has a forwarding address for all these delectable actresses of Nigerian descent?
I am desirous of changing location from this jungle to share in the American dream
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by oputaemma: 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
I'm surprised no one mentioned Ne-yo who has an igbo father and he also has a naija name Chimere.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by jaybee3(m): 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva:
Seal has both a Nigerian and Brazilian heritage, though he claims the Brazil side. I guess nobody wants to be identified with failure.

Na lie jare, he is fully Nigerian, forget the emblishments on wiki...........I read an interview of his mother in the mid 90s, dude even abandoned his mother for God know what?
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by shevon: 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ramsey Tokunbo Nouah Jr: Born in Edo, Nigeria to an Israeli father and a Yoruba mother who hails from Owo, Ondo State. He grew up in Surulere, Lagos and attended
Atara Primary School and Community Grammar
School in Lagos before heading unto the University
of Lagos where he graduated with a degree in
mass communication. He has been featured in numerous Nigerian movies with international accolades.

Genevieve Nnaji: Born in Mbaise, Imo State, Nigeria and
grew up in Lagos, Nigeria. The fourth of eight
children she was brought up in a middle class
environment. Her father worked as an engineer
and her mother as a teacher. She attended the
Methodist Girls College Yaba before heading onto
the University of Lagos. While at the university
Genevieve began auditioning for acting jobs
amongst the many Nollywood projects.

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by infolpf: 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
David Oyelowo -
Nigerian born British actor, starred in several movies, including BBC short series, but most recently in Dreamworks highly acclaimed "The Help" as the pastor.

Ene Oloja -
Starred in Nigerian drama "Cock Crow at Dawn" back in the day, played a small but important role alongside Jodie Foster in "The Brave One" in 2007

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 16, 2012
jay bee: Never ending recycled topics

SMH

https://www.nairaland.com/186115/people-never-knew-nigerian-sort

Ogbeni, lef mata for mathias jo.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by slimyem: 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
Why is everyone forgetting Gbenga Akinnagbe...??
He was in lottery ticket and tv series-Contender...he was also in Merlin,Barber's shop and Fringe.
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by topsyking: 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
The most popular international celeb of nigeria descent sorry niger rep

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
shevon: Ramsey Tokunbo Nouah Jr: Born in Edo, Nigeria to an Israeli father and a Yoruba mother who hails from Owo, Ondo State. He grew up in Surulere, Lagos and attended
Atara Primary School and Community Grammar
School in Lagos before heading unto the University
of Lagos where he graduated with a degree in
mass communication. He has been featured in numerous Nigerian movies with international accolades.

Genevieve Nnaji: Born in Mbaise, Imo State, Nigeria and
grew up in Lagos, Nigeria. The fourth of eight
children she was brought up in a middle class
environment. Her father worked as an engineer
and her mother as a teacher. She attended the
Methodist Girls College Yaba before heading onto
the University of Lagos. While at the university
Genevieve began auditioning for acting jobs
amongst the many Nollywood projects

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

See lie lie
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by jaybee3(m): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
naijababe:

Ogbeni, lef mata for mathias jo.

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by OilSubsidy: 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
Bishop Oyedepo

Pastor Adeboye

Pst Chris Oyakhilome

All these guys are making Nigeria proud in their choosing carrer. Winning and Milking souls (black and white) for the Lord cheesy

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
@ Jaybee grin grin grin grin grin
Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by gidiMonsta(m): 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hugo Weaving (Mr. Smith in The Matrix, Elrond in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit, "V" in V for Vendetta) was born in UCH, Ibadan. That makes him part Nigerian, no

1 Like

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by karpentar: 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
safarigirl: Okay, so I know there was already a topic on this before, but I can't resist the temptation of starting up a new one, will try to put up mostly new faces, help me out if you know any. Please wouldn't want anyone to rain on my parade, no rude comments, JAMB questions like "How have they contributed...blah blah blah" and no questions concerning the price of anything whatsoever. Thanks wink

1. We have Enuka Vanessa Okuma, Actress. She's most popular as Tracy in Rookie Blue, don't have the full bio though

2. Hope Olaide Wilson, Actress. She was Jennifer in the Tyler Perry movie I Can Do Bad All By Myself

3. Megalyn Echikunwoke, Actress. She played Isabelle Tyler in 4400 and Nicole Palmer in the first season of 24. Her dad is of Igbo royalty, her mother is of Scottish-Irish ancestry.

4. Annie Ngozi Ilonzeh, Actress. She's the first black Charlie's Angel...until the show was cancelled.

How's that a JAMB question? What indeed have the Nigerian or the world celebs contributed to the betterment of Nigerian nationhood or the world at large other than:

Out-of-control fornicating, adultery, wild partying and sensual into the night. Murder is everywhere we turn, killing, killing and more killings.

They cut themselves in the name of demonic tattoos. Why would any normal person want to hurt themselves?

They are untamed and out of control, naked, and acting crazy. This is all we see in the news:

These celebrities always get high on drugs, in and out of rehab, in and out of sexual relationships, blaspheming the God of the Bible, wearing a cross around their neck like Anna Nicole Smith. She eventually died of a massive drug overdose just months after her own son overdosed and died of illegal drugs.

Television viewers are infatuated with death, insanity, smut, violence, gossip, lesbianism, cursing in God's name, feminism, and every form of wickedness.

My dear poster, don't you let Hollywood brainwash you into believing that it's ok to live as they do. It's not.

3 Likes

Re: International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
Then there is also Goodluck Jonathan.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

D'banj Lying On Top Of A Female Fan On Stage (Video + pictures) / E-money Shares Lovely Family Photo With Wife And Kids To Celebrate Fathers Day / 9ice Brags About Not Staying With One Woman (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.