Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,462 members, 7,917,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 04:54 AM

Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others (17843 Views)

Mimiko Lashes Out At Ondo PDP Exco / Leadership Crisis Brews In Ondo PDP Over Mimiko’s Defection / South-east PDP Endorses Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by bilms(m): 9:28am On Oct 16, 2012
At a time when Tinubu and other ACN governors were busy lying to the electorates,Governor Olusegun Mimiko's chance of victory on saturday got a boast as a faction of the Ondo pdp endorsed the Governor for a second term based on his performance.

PDP faction endorses Mimiko, expels Agagu, others

THE crisis in the Ondo state Peoples Democratic Party PDP yesterday became messier as a faction of the party announced the expulsion of the immediate past governor, Dr. Olusegun Agagu and five other leaders of the party over alleged anti party activities.

The factional leaders had themselves been expelled from the party on Sunday also announced their endorsment of Dr. Mimiko.

Addressing newsmen in Akure, the PDP factional leader, Prof Olu Agbi said that they decided to endorse Governor Mimiko for a second term because the PDP candidate, Chief Olusola Oke cannot fly in the coming election.

According to Agbi, “the candidacy of Oke is faulty from the foundation, the circumstances surrounding his emergence shows that he is not prepared and that he is still having “under corruption charges against him pending at the EFCC which was used against him in 2007.”

Agbi, who is a former Ambassador to Austria, said that the purported expulsion of his faction was void and of no consequence because the state executive of the party led by Alabi” is not only illegal and existing in contempt of a valid court order that has not been set aside. “The arbitrariness of this action that smacks of lack of respect for constituted authority which had been our complaints about how the party was being run has again manifested itself to the whole world.

Reacting, the state PDP described the factional leaders as “expired politicians whose economic woes have forced them to worship for a pittance at the altar of Governor Mimiko.

The Special Adviser Media and Publicity of the Olusola Oke Campaign organisation, Kunle Adebayo said “instead of attempting to stop the moving train of progress driven by the masses of Ondo state, for the very last time, we urge Governor Mimiko to tow the path of honour by throwing in the towel and joining the PDP before humiliation and disgrace drops its luggage at his doorstep on Saturday October 20th. PDP knows neither faction nor disagreement. It does not know or support Labour Party or anybody named Rahman Olusegun Mimiko.”

” It supports integrity, Honesty, Modesty and action which our candidate Chief Olusola Oke represents.”

The Akpata Community Development Association in Ese Odo local government area of Ondo State has thrown its weight behind the re-election of Dr Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State.

In a statement by its Publicity Secretary, Mr Legbe Oyerigha, the association it hinged its support for Dr Mimiko over “his giant strides in the riverine areas of the state. He has taken governance from a theoretical to a practical realm.”

It added that “the Labour Party-led administration has been able to demonstrate that it is possible for a viable synergy to be created between the government and the governed by putting in place projects that will make people see themselves as part of government”.

Besides, the forum explained that the initiative taken by Dr Mimiko, “has been able to take people off the streets and relocate them into better places. The new urban programmes has helped in transforming glorified villages to befitting cities.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/pdp-faction-endorses-mimiko-expels-agagu-others/
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by RichDad1(m): 9:55am On Oct 16, 2012
Sunshine State, BRACE YOURSELF. Saturday is going to be a turning point in your existence.

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by bilms(m): 10:05am On Oct 16, 2012
that's true and Mimiko is taking the day

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by tunapawizzy: 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
IROKO JOR...............GBASIBE.... yes i'm razz
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by abbey2kool: 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
grin grin grin grin I DEY LAUGH grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by highlandre(m): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
We are waiting to see where all these defections and alliances will eventually lead to. I dey wait for the result which i'm sure will shock a lot of people! If any of these candidates (Mimiko, Akeredolu and Oke) no win as much as they believe they will, hmmm...Ondo go boil pass Borno! It's foreseeable>>>
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by MyOpinion1(f): 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
nah God go punish una, if una non go desist frm telling lies....name one development una don bring to riverine area....*don't forget dis is whr d state resources comes frm ooo

3 Likes

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Elueme: 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
I pray Mimiko takes that day, I think olusola OKE should support mimiko's re-election bid. It may be too late for that but I allign with that PDP faction because Mimiko remains a PDP member in a deeper sense so the common enemies are Tinubu , his puppet, Akeredolu and their bigotry party.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by bilms(m): 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
MIMIKO all the way
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by femliany(m): 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
PDP candidate, your colleagues say make you go queue.case closed
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by acidtalk: 1:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
POLITICS IS LIKE WOMAN

The same people who expelled people for anti-party activities are the very same people behind an opposition member.

The fear of Hunger is the beginning of wisdom.

4 Likes

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by RickyRoss1(m): 1:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
GOOD PEOPLE OF ONDO STATE, PLEASE DO NOT VOTE BASED ON PARTY, KINDLY SEARCH YOUR HEART AND VOTE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE. DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY THESE POLITICIANS AND THEIR EMPTY PROMISES, I AM NOT FROM ONDO SO I WOULDN'T KNOW WHICH CANDIDATE IS BETTER.

MY ADVISE IS, IF THE CURRENT GOVERNOR HAS DONE WELL PLS VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN, BUT IF HE DIDN'T PERFORM WELL KINDLY VOTE HIM OUT. THIS IS WHAT WE WILL DO TO ROCHAS AT THE EXPIRATION OF HIS TENURE. DURING THAT TIME WE WILL ACCESS IMO VERY WELL, IF WE THINK HE HAS DONE WELL WE WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN, IF HE DIDN'T PERFORM WELL WE WILL VOTE HIM OUT OF OFFICE LIKE WHAT WE DID TO OHAKIM...

I MUST ADD THIS, IT SEEMS MOST GOVERNORS DON'T DO WELL DURING SECOND TERM. TAKE AMAECHI AND FASHOLA FOR INSTANCE. WE ALL KNOW FASHOLA DID WONDERS DURING HIS FIRST TERM, BUT THIS TIME HE IS TOO SLOW. AMAECHI OF RIVERS STATE WAS ON CRUISE CONTROL DURING HIS FIRST TERM, HE BUILT WORLD CLASS SCHOOLS ALL OVER THE STATE, STANDARD ROADS /HOSPITALS IN MANY PARTS OF THE STATE ETC, BUT THIS TIME WE DON'T KNOW WHAT AMAECHI IS DOING. IT SEEMS THESE GOVERNORS USUALLY USE SECOND TERM TO SETTLE THEIR FRIENDS/FAMILIES AND SAVE MONEY FOR RAINY DAYS

4 Likes

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Bishop4bella(m): 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
Whot do u xpect frm party lyk PDP to do b4 than to support a rulin party in state. They never support ACN because is their rival. All dsame saturday election will tell.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by ghetomum: 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
THE LIST OF MEDIA BEHIND MIMIKO, VANGUARD, TRIBUNE,AIT,NATIONAL MIRROR, THESE MEDIA THERE OWN IS TO WRITE BAD AGAINST OPPOSITION PARTY.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by AkandeTK(m): 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
Acn....go flush una out on saturday....fools supportin fools

3 Likes

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by samallaydyce: 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
No need for the exchange of words among the party executives or agents,am in ondo state and from what i have heard or seen,the rigger who can offer the highest bribe on that day will be the winner.SMH for naija
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by bestower: 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
* I dey look i no go talk,wait till saturday*
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Shaw007(m): 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
I have a really gOod feeling abou Mimiko. . .And i have flawless Instincts!
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2012

5 Likes

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Demdem(m): 2:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
This thread is misleading.
its a factional group within the killer party itself and not the whole killer group in the state.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by bilms(m): 2:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
lol....acn won cry
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by TPorter: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
Well! as for me Dr. Mimiko will surely win the election of Ondo for the second time no controversy.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
and what is tinubu going to do about this? acn is really in trouble.i dont know how possible it is to unsit a sitting governor.i hope ondo people vote wisely.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
berem: and what is tinubu going to do about this? acn is really in trouble.i dont know how possible it is to unsit a sitting governor.i hope ondo people vote wisely.

I will be one of those who will travel with MIMIKO to Bahamas to spend his 1 million Pounds grin
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by 2winxcom(m): 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
iroko carry go
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by easyfem(m): 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
Something inside of me is saying mimiko will win

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Abuklaw(m): 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
I tink d judgement day is near, bt lemme say wat my mind is whispering 2 me,i foresee d full regional integratn of southwestern state cum saturday. Take it or leave it!
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by bilms(m): 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
lol
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
easyfem: Something inside of me is saying mimiko will win

Mimiko SHOULD win cool
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by bilms(m): 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
sure,but not inot the slavery of man's pocket.....neither is it by the asiwaju company of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by tolagbemi: 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2012
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]PROF. AGBI, ADEKOGE AND THE REST AT THAT PRESS CONFERENCE DEMONSTRATED THEIR LEVEL SANITY. OLD MEN OF THEIR STATURE COULD HAVE TAKEN THE STATE TO A PEACEFUL ELECTION ON SATURDAY, BUT YOUNGER PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE HIGHLY EMBARRASSED. IT IS SHOW OF SHAME. OLUSHOLA OKE IS STILL IN THE RACE. LET THE PEOPLE OF ONDO STATE DECIDE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Oyetola Visits Ejigbo, Ahead Of APC Primaries (Photos) / 2023 Presidency: Consensus Or Not, I’ll Emerge — Lawan / Tinubu Not A Magician, APC Did Not Promise ‘miracle,’ Says Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.