Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,116 members, 7,977,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:38 PM

Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others (17888 Views)

Mimiko Lashes Out At Ondo PDP Exco / Leadership Crisis Brews In Ondo PDP Over Mimiko’s Defection / South-east PDP Endorses Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by tomakint: 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
No governor has ever returned for re-election in the history of the State, I foresee Mimiko re-writing history, it seems from all the indices I am seeing now, he may emerge at last!
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by alphonsok: 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2012
factnal pdp re no longer relevant n dat s y dey decamp.dey r greedy ppl n dey wont achieve anythg.as 4 mimiko,he s a failure.he shu be hand over 2 efcc 4 prosecutn.tel him 2 count his achievement n judge on dat bt d truth s dat he has no achievement

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Felincous(m): 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
I am frm Ondo State, I cant c wht ur Mimiko has done, is Akure d only town in Ondo State.
acn Carry go and sweep them away we are tired of labouring.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by tomakint: 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
Felincous: I am frm Ondo State, I cant c wht ur Mimiko has done, is Akure d only town in Ondo State.
acn Carry go and sweep them away we are tired of labouring.

You are right at least going by the antecedents of ondo people, no governor has ever emerge twice but with the wat Tinubu is going about it,I am afraid MIMIKO may be returned to Alagbaka quarters!
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by ipromise: 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
Do people on nairaland look like α̲̅ fools to U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz? Anybody çåñ write ficticious report A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ begin spreading ïŧ..why should ŵȇ believe this doctored story? Now dat †ђξ election ĭš at hand? U̶̲̥̅̊ all most be out here looking ƒσя ŵħŏ to convincing ƒσя ur own dirt interest,Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​oτ̣̣̥​ †ђξ ondostate populace..Ÿõûř votes means Four years, so,follow ur heart Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​oτ̣̣̥​ these evil preachers..

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Agbesky: 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2012
let the people of ondo decide come saturday....my advice for the people of ondo is vote wisely....if any party gives you money collect it and don't change your mind to vote for the right man....it is part of our money they embessled being given to you jooooor
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by princeFAD: 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
Sayfat: Now the true picture of Mimiko comes to the fore. He is a bat;not rat nor bird. The very problem he has with his supposed political foes. This is a campaign that has being going on against his person, now the confirmation of the allegation.
If anyone here think that this pdp adoption of Mimiko would boost his vote on Saturday, that person is dreaming and will wake up to utter disgrace on Sunday evening. PDP in Ondo is like a bile, mixed with meat and it become forbidden. This pdp(faction) endorsement is a great minus to Mimiko's ambition of second term. Anybody that associate himself or herself with the killer party will be treated like a leper. Mimiko is now a leper, he will be send to the colony come Saturday.
Mimiko is a PDP man to heart, and his plan is to defect to the party after the election. The Agabi camp is a platform for his defection. The truth stare us in the face. Now we can see.
For those that criticize the system that produced AKEREDOLU, by now you can see reason why the candidature of Agunloye, Saka Lawal etc was dropped in favour of a reliable party man, Akeredolu.
Mimiko's gimmick is to bring back PDP to the SW. This is not news, but a revelation. Ondo voters now know better.
You seems to be so hot by the support for mimiko by the factional group of pdp. Your lang of writing shows to me that ur backbone has been broken and like crying because mimiko will win. Are u a pdp member?
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by bilms(m): 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
lol
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Exponental(m): 11:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
The man dat was said 2 av won d debate is stepping down cos of EFCC issue......who is fooling who?

The fear of ACN is d beginning of........

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
tomakint:

You are right at least going by the antecedents of ondo people, no governor has ever emerge twice but with the wat Tinubu is going about it,I am afraid MIMIKO may be returned to Alagbaka quarters!

Tomakint aka I am Yoruba, stop lying! Ajasin emerged twice: first in 1979 and then in 1983. His mandate was initially stolen by NPN (Omoboriowo) in 1983 but was retrieved when Supreme Court ruled in his favor.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by RuuDie(m): 11:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
The bulk of the ACN campaign train followers I have seen in Akure don't look like indigenes!

Mimiko does have quite substantial local support here, even though ACN are really striving hard to upturn that. . .campaigning has been very, very frighteningly intense I must say. I fear for how things might pan out come Saturday!

. . .the most ridiculous campaign line I heard was "we can build a refinery in Ondo state. . ." that *ish cracked me up! grin
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by kabba7(m): 11:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
So after Jonathan left Akure madness enter his party people heads . Its likely ACN woild be the party take the spoils of this war the way its going the PDP is technically dead in the south west to probably set the rule for 2015 when surely jonathan ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ OBJj will be irrelevnt in the PDP. Very intresting.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by kabba7(m): 11:57pm On Oct 16, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]So after Jonathan left Akure madness enter his party people heads . Its likely ACN woild be the party take the spoils of this war the way its going the PDP is technically dead in the south west to probably set the rule for 2015 when surely jonathan ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ OBJj will be irrelevnt in the PDP. Very intresting.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by whitecat007: 12:26am On Oct 17, 2012
Hmmnn! that slimy Yoruba wannabe thought he could get away with another false claim.
Prof Corruption:

Tomakint aka I am Yoruba, stop lying! Ajasin emerged twice: first in 1979 and then in 1983. His mandate was initially stolen by NPN (Omoboriowo) in 1983 but was retrieved when Supreme Court ruled in his favor.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by emperorlog: 12:46am On Oct 17, 2012
bilms: At a time when Tinubu and other ACN governors were busy lying to the electorates,Governor Olusegun Mimiko's chance of victory on saturday got a boast as a faction of the Ondo pdp endorsed the Governor for a second term based on his performance.

PDP faction endorses Mimiko, expels Agagu, others

THE crisis in the Ondo state Peoples Democratic Party PDP yesterday became messier as a faction of the party announced the expulsion of the immediate past governor, Dr. Olusegun Agagu and five other leaders of the party over alleged anti party activities.

The factional leaders had themselves been expelled from the party on Sunday also announced their endorsment of Dr. Mimiko.

Addressing newsmen in Akure, the PDP factional leader, Prof Olu Agbi said that they decided to endorse Governor Mimiko for a second term because the PDP candidate, Chief Olusola Oke cannot fly in the coming election.

According to Agbi, “the candidacy of Oke is faulty from the foundation, the circumstances surrounding his emergence shows that he is not prepared and that he is still having “under corruption charges against him pending at the EFCC which was used against him in 2007.”

Agbi, who is a former Ambassador to Austria, said that the purported expulsion of his faction was void and of no consequence because the state executive of the party led by Alabi” is not only illegal and existing in contempt of a valid court order that has not been set aside. “The arbitrariness of this action that smacks of lack of respect for constituted authority which had been our complaints about how the party was being run has again manifested itself to the whole world.

Reacting, the state PDP described the factional leaders as “expired politicians whose economic woes have forced them to worship for a pittance at the altar of Governor Mimiko.

The Special Adviser Media and Publicity of the Olusola Oke Campaign organisation, Kunle Adebayo said “instead of attempting to stop the moving train of progress driven by the masses of Ondo state, for the very last time, we urge Governor Mimiko to tow the path of honour by throwing in the towel and joining the PDP before humiliation and disgrace drops its luggage at his doorstep on Saturday October 20th. PDP knows neither faction nor disagreement. It does not know or support Labour Party or anybody named Rahman Olusegun Mimiko.”

” It supports integrity, Honesty, Modesty and action which our candidate Chief Olusola Oke represents.”

The Akpata Community Development Association in Ese Odo local government area of Ondo State has thrown its weight behind the re-election of Dr Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State.

In a statement by its Publicity Secretary, Mr Legbe Oyerigha, the association it hinged its support for Dr Mimiko over “his giant strides in the riverine areas of the state. He has taken governance from a theoretical to a practical realm.”

It added that “the Labour Party-led administration has been able to demonstrate that it is possible for a viable synergy to be created between the government and the governed by putting in place projects that will make people see themselves as part of government”.

Besides, the forum explained that the initiative taken by Dr Mimiko, “has been able to take people off the streets and relocate them into better places. The new urban programmes has helped in transforming glorified villages to befitting cities.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/pdp-faction-endorses-mimiko-expels-agagu-others/

There are a bunch of greedy jerks in Ondo State chapter of PDP....Politicians that have only their selfish interests at heart, not those who have the mindset to deliver dividends of democracy to the suffering masses.This is why that party has always been in disarray. Who is Ademola Adegoroye? A confused man sorry to say. Tracing his Political history right from the days of AD... till date, he cannot even pull a crowd of 50 people, I wonder what his support for Mimiko meant: well, good enough to say that publicly because of the 5/10million naira Mimiko has possibly handed him. Prof Olu Agbi and the likes should just face the right direction, stand for what they believe in and if it is faith in the manifestos of the Party they used to believe in, then they should find a way to broker peace and ensure that all aggrieved members are brought back together in oneness and then a lasting solution will come forth. Why didnt he say that Olusola Oke cant fly in the elections a day or two after Oke was nominated as the flag bearer? why did he wait till few days before the elections? only a dumb fool will buy his excuse. How on earth will someone say they suspend a former governor who has been loyal to the party in all ways, talk of financing and every other areas? I bet they are all joking. I want to believe Mimiko has handed him and his fellow decampees their own package of N10m each, cos thats what he has been buying the big boys with. Its quite unfortunate for Olusola Oke cos most of these people are the people he believes will deliver their constituencies for him but now they have betrayed him at the eleventh hour. Now that PDP is divided and there are last hour cross carpeting, I hope that the only party that has been able to keep its loyal members together will take the day eventually... Long live Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu,Long live Bisi Akande, Long live Olusegun Oshoba,Long live Lam Adeshina,Long live Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, Long live Raji Fashola, Long live Sen. Ibikule Amosun, Long live Sen. Ajibola Ajimobi, Long Live Kayode Fayemi, Long live Adams Oshiomole, Long live Rotimi Akeredolu..Long live the south west, Long live Nigeria....ACN....DEMOCRACY FOR JUSTICE...
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by emperorlog: 12:51am On Oct 17, 2012
RuuDie: The bulk of the ACN campaign train followers I have seen in Akure don't look like indigenes!

Mimiko does have quite substantial local support here, even though ACN are really striving hard to upturn that. . .campaigning has been very, very frighteningly intense I must say. I fear for how things might pan out come Saturday!

. . .the most ridiculous campaign line I heard was "we can build a refinery in Ondo state. . ." that *ish cracked me up! grin

Yes, a refinery will come to Ondo state, if not now then later in the future. Ondo state has the second largest deposit of bitumen in the world after Canada. so definitely the bitumen wont be left fallow till eternity...
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by bakila: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2012
acidtalk: POLITICS IS LIKE WOMAN

The same people who expelled people for anti-party activities are the very same people behind an opposition member.

The fear of Hunger is the beginning of wisdom.
I laff for this your post like LOL.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by umarsanni: 2:30pm On Oct 17, 2012
I know definitely that Mimiko is going to win with a landslide victory come oct 20.I would not really blame Prof Agbi for taking this stand because he must have seen the handwriting on the wall.On continuity we stand!
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by bilms(m): 2:41pm On Oct 17, 2012
we all know that my brother
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by badesco(m): 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2012
The best man will win the election, so no amount of Ghana must go would do the magic.
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by tomakint: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Corruption, 'the IGBO Man' you have forgotten to add that Agagu too emerged twice!!!
Re: Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others by bilms(m): 8:29am On Oct 18, 2012
lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai's 'The Accidental Public Servant' Book Launch (Pictures) / Omo-Agege, Manager win at Appeal Court / Police Blame Bank For Kidnap Of Staff In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.