Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,931 members, 7,919,021 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:48 PM

Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen (7496 Views)

Boko Haram Cuts Throats Of Fishermen Near Lake Chad / River Benue Fishermen Find NAF Jet / India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by mukina2: 12:41am On Oct 23, 2012
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) evacuated 215 stranded Nigerians from the Republic of Gabon to Nigeria on Sunday night.

The evacuation was necessitated when the Gabonese authorities issued an eviction notice to Nigerian fishermen living in Nende, Mouka and Kenza Islands to move away eventhough the majority of them had lived there for many decades.

The distressed returnees, who are mostly from Bayelsa State and a few from Ondo, Akwa Ibom, Imo and Abia states were flown to Port Harcourt International Airport before their onward journey to their respective home states.

The fishermen had signified their willingness to be returned with their families after the eviction notice.

Before the evacuation, the Nigerian government, through the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other relevant agencies, had undertaken on-the-spot-assessment of the situation before a chartered aircraft was deployed for the evacuation.

In an effort to ensure full rehabilitation of the distressed Nigerians and to protect their belongings, NEMA would also ship their outboard engines, fishing nets and other working tools to Nigeria.

The respective state governments have been communicated on the development.

It is being speculated that this may lead to a diplomatic row between Gabon and Nigeria.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/49633-gabon-sends-215-nigerians-packing

1 Like

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by onila(f): 12:46am On Oct 23, 2012
grin

1 Like

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by BedLam: 12:54am On Oct 23, 2012
onila: grin
grin grin
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 23, 2012
BedLam: grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by ektbear: 1:25am On Oct 23, 2012
what is so funny...i must have missed the joke
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by onila(f): 3:07am On Oct 23, 2012
grin BB
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by onatisi(m): 4:17am On Oct 23, 2012
ekt_bear: what is so funny...i must have missed the joke
i wonder ooooo,e get as e be for some ppl sha
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 23, 2012
grin grin grin
It is an embarrassment laughter.

The former African Superpower is being inulted by small countries these days. What a shame grin grin grin

We let ourselves down , Obasanjo degraded us!!
I do no not blame Gabon oooh!! angry angry angry
ekt_bear: what is so funny...i must have missed the joke

onatisi:
i wonder ooooo,e get as e be for some ppl sha
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:58am On Oct 23, 2012
Nigeria is the laughing stock of the world. They evicted their own citizens for Cameroon now Gabon is evicting them. hahah
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 23, 2012
^ That man Obj again angry

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by torgbe(m): 6:14am On Oct 23, 2012
Easy,easy,easy. Giant of Africa,wat is happening? Big brother, you better restrategize,nothing seems to be working. Bt plz let not turn this on Ghana like we mostly do,this is Gabon and let it remain like that. Word
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by onatisi(m): 6:18am On Oct 23, 2012
GenBuhari: grin grin grin
It is an embarrassment laughter.

The former African Superpower is being inulted by small countries these days. What a shame grin grin grin

We let ourselves down , Obasanjo degraded us!!
I do no not blame Gabon oooh!! angry angry angry

i will like to ask u some questions?what has obj got to do with this issue?is this issue in anyway related to bakassi?when nigerians get deported from spain and other western countries ,do u blame obj also?
there are many things u dont know and if you dont know something about an issue i think the best thing is to do ur research very very well,it isnt a good thing to be insulted online by ppl.i have lived in gabon before for a whole year and i know the reasons they are doing these things ,but i will wait for other contributors to join this thread before making my points ,in the meantime just listen and learn

2 Likes

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Obiagu1(m): 6:30am On Oct 23, 2012
Good! They should send all of them back before they claim the whole coastal area in Gabon.
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by onatisi(m): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2012
Obiagu1: Good! They should send all of them back before they claim the whole coastal area in Gabon.
there is a big market in libreville and you wont believe it that market is 95% dominated by ibos DOING LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES.the ilajes control the fishing port in pon nomb and grand kube and also petit kube ,now gaboness have always feel threatened by the growing influence of nigerian traders in gabon and also the fishing area ,secondly it is these fishing areas that all illegal immigrants use to enter gabon from benin to equitorial gunea,and with the growing population of foreigners the local are now been influenced to be demanding more democratic reforms.there are a number of factors involved but i am surprised the way and manner ppl just jump to conclusions,like someone was infering that obj is to blame,the movement of ibos to gabon started during the nigerian civil war when gabon offered to accept biafrans .i would have loved to break it down to pieces but time wont permit me ,but this sort of thing is common in gabon and mark my word after 2months almost everyone deported woll be back in gabon

2 Likes

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 23, 2012
Obj started Nigeria's decline.
When Abacha was in power we behaved like African superpower, not even the most powerful African nations would dare to challenge Nigeria, let alone insult us.

onatisi:
i will like to ask u some questions?what has obj got to do with this issue?is this issue in anyway related to bakassi?when nigerians get deported from spain and other western countries ,do u blame obj also?
there are many things u dont know and if you dont know something about an issue i think the best thing is to do ur research very very well,it isnt a good thing to be insulted online by ppl.i have lived in gabon before for a whole year and i know the reasons they are doing these things ,but i will wait for other contributors to join this thread before making my points ,in the meantime just listen and learn

Pic: Gen. Sani Abacha

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2012
Even Gabon too. Naija don finish be dat
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by SamMilla1(m): 10:18am On Oct 23, 2012
Every corner nation is now taking a jab on the giant. No problem yet. It happened to Almighty Germania and Egypt and the Soviet.
We will be back and when we do, when the lion opens its mouth again, not even South Africa will dare stand on our way.

Our present leaders are focussed on looting. One day we will have someone who knows about governance.

GABON IS ANGRY. AFTER SIDING WITH BIAFRAN COURSE DURING THE WAR, NIGERIAN WENT AHEAD AND SOLD PART OF BIAFRA TO THEIR NEIGHBOURS CAMEROUN. GABON WILL EVICT MORE OF YOU.

Plus Lagos deported fellow Nigerians down to Onitsha and nothing was done. Nigeria is where everything happens.
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by jude33084(m): 10:19am On Oct 23, 2012
Onatisi is making sense aŋԂ I employ τhe wise ones only read aŋԂ learn. smiley
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Sike(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2012
Make them come back home jor! What non.sence!
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by sunkoye: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2012
see "see finish"
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by jude33084(m): 10:23am On Oct 23, 2012
Sam Milla: Every corner nation is now taking a jab on the giant. No problem yet. It happened to Almighty Germania and Egypt and the Soviet.
We will be back and when we do, when the lion opens its mouth again, not even South Africa will dare stand on our way.

Our present leaders are focussed on looting. One day we will have someone who knows about governance.

....angry
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by jude33084(m): 10:25am On Oct 23, 2012
Sam Milla: Every corner nation is now taking a jab on the giant. No problem yet. It happened to Almighty Germania and Egypt and the Soviet.

When Zimbabwe govt deported thousands of British farmers years ago, does Ŧħåϯ mean Ŧħåϯ Bristih govt have lost their world super power?

Make your research before commenting Őᵑ τhis issue pls undecided
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by taharqa: 10:32am On Oct 23, 2012
GenBuhari: Obj started Nigeria's decline.
When Abacha was in power we behaved like African superpower, not even the most powerful African nations would dare to challenge Nigeria, let alone insult us.

My frnd STOP this yr constant Abacha worship, it is no longer funny. There was never a time Nigeria was Isolatd and derided than during Abacha's regime; we still are in sm ways dealing with sm of d fall-outs of that isolatn..and Obj was the main reason why Nigeria startd to reintegrate to d international community and gain sm respect afta Abacha's disastrous foreign adventures. To compare Obj and Abacha foreign relatns is akin to comparing day and night, it also shows u hv no clue bout d history Nigeria's foreign relations

1 Like

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by lacasa: 10:46am On Oct 23, 2012
GenBuhari: Obj started Nigeria's decline.

U make a good point.

Nigeria has suffered the most embarassment unda OBJ & now, Slowpoke Joe.

From Ghana to South africa to Israel to Gabon. From Saudi Arabia to Europe, from europe to Malaysia & China.

"Wen the Head is bad, the Body can never FUNCTION" ..Nonsense pippo
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 23, 2012
taharqa: My frnd STOP this yr constant Abacha worship, it is no longer funny. There was never a time Nigeria was Isolatd and derided than during Abacha's regime; we still are in sm ways dealing with sm of d fall-outs of that isolatn..and Obj was the main reason why Nigeria startd to reintegrate to d international community and gain sm respect afta Abacha's disastrous foreign adventures. To compare Obj and Abacha foreign relatns is akin to comparing day and night, it also shows u hv no clue bout d history Nigeria's foreign relations

Please don't bait him. Before anyone can say Jack Robinson, this thread will be spammed with Abacha galala..........
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 23, 2012
Even fishermen are being deported! No one is spared at all.tomorrow now na Tailor and Shoemaker dem go deport! Nigeria is doomed for life!
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Super1759: 10:47am On Oct 23, 2012
if all the nations and countries decides to send nigerians packing. Whalahiii, here won't contain us
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Super1759: 10:50am On Oct 23, 2012
berem: Even fishermen are being deported! No one is spared at all.tomorrow now na Tailor and Shoemaker dem go deport! Nigeria is doomed for life!
must u comment before me? gringrin
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by fingard02k(m): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2012
NAIJA own/reputation don finish be that.....SMH
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by 5alive(m): 10:58am On Oct 23, 2012
We are on top of the situation -GEJ
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by vislabraye(m): 10:59am On Oct 23, 2012
Its a shame. Imagine little Gabon. Nigeria has to hear their explanation, in fact there's nothing you can tell us that warants such mass deportation.
May be look for the Gabonese to deport as we did to SAfricans.
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Jyde89: 11:02am On Oct 23, 2012
Y dem sef no do dia job for hia? Abi water no de naija ni?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Injured As Thugs Clash In Lagos / The Illegality In Ekiti Impeachment Saga / There Is Fire On The Mountain Here In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.