Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,293 members, 7,977,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 03:22 PM

Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen (7512 Views)

Boko Haram Cuts Throats Of Fishermen Near Lake Chad / River Benue Fishermen Find NAF Jet / India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by onatisi(m): 11:07am On Oct 23, 2012
ppl need to know details before apportioning blames,firstly ask anyone gabn visa is very very very difficult to get,surprise ?but that is the truth.gabon is a very very rich cuntry ,believe me the country is very rich i know how much i made in a week in gabon when i was there,thirdly lots f ppl stream into gabon ilegally everyday from as far as liberia ,togo and benin and all pass through nigeria costal areas mainly oron and ibeno plus eket
fourthly the only available route to enter gabon is thru the high seas and these small boats pack human beings like sardines
this also serves as a smuggling route for smugglers,human traffickers,drug couriers and also food merchants
the boat i took spent 2weeks n the high seas due to engine problems ,these are wooden boats mind u and at times these sailors can crowd up to 200"ppl in a single small boat.
this business is controlled by the ilajes and ijaws .all these facts can be verified from travellers to gabon.that is why you read in the news of boats capsizing while transporting ppl to gabon,this accidents usually occur in the territorial waters of equitorial guniea.now there are thousands and thoussands of ilajes,ibos who were born in gabon and who have never even been to nigeria THOSE CAN NEVER NEVER BE DEPORTED .but due to the high influx of foreigners into gabon the authorities usually do something they call "control" ,they will invade an area and start asking for ur card de issue if u cant produce it then u will be deported but once u are arrested they will get in touch with the embassy to notify them.
this is the funny part once u get deported all u need to do is just gor back to oron and enter another boat,simple ,these deportation is done once in a while and that is it .most nigeian illegal or let me say yoruba illegals living in gabon stay at the fishing port that is the only place u can get a job easily ,there are also other contributory factors to thi recent deportation,one of which is political ,
SO NOW LETS SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THIS CONCERNS OBJ AND BAKASSI?IS OBJ THE ONE TELLING NIGERIANS TO ENTER ANOTHER COUNTRY ILLEGALLY?

3 Likes

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 23, 2012
Super1759: must u comment before me? gringrin
because am on top of the situation! grin

1 Like

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by vislabraye(m): 11:14am On Oct 23, 2012
Jyde89: Y dem sef no do dia job for hia? Abi water no de naija ni?

Which school you go?
Why you no go your state?
Abi foreigners no dey Nigeria?
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by guttentag(m): 11:14am On Oct 23, 2012
What a BIG Disgrace to Nigeria as a Nation, Our Politicians are Flexing Budgets while the Masses are running their Mouth waiting for their Turn to Kill the Nation, Nigerians We are all 1 (1Nigeria)
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by ANALIST: 11:23am On Oct 23, 2012
All who tends to comment on this issue must first of all listen to the both sides which is in law called AUDI ALTAREM PATEM. In international relation there lies an area of study call called mutual understanding which takes into cognizance the effects of government policies and decision to other Countries of the world which I believ Gabon know.

As a member of international community, Gabon and Nigeria have enjoy, at least cordial relationship(hence there has not been any open face-off between both countries) which we can attest to if we are to bow our prejudices, bias and pre-judged mind on whom to blame and the generally accepted principle of fair hearing.
As a true Democrate and tenacious upholder, Believer and Crusader of the Sovereignty, Territorial Integrity of Nigerian and It's people I can not pretend not to know what the effect of this development entails to our position in the international community and of course Our people living in oher countries This has a lot to do with the issues, agreements and finally the decisions reached by our government and that of Gabon before this time.
I want to pause here, and say that we all have to keep our eyes, ears and if need be nose open and clear to really get to what the two countries positions is/are on this issue than to see it as an affront to Nigeria and It's people.

LFL(aka ANALIST)
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by outofthebox: 11:23am On Oct 23, 2012
onatisi: ppl need to know details before apportioning blames,firstly ask anyone gabn visa is very very very difficult to get,surprise ?but that is the truth.gabon is a very very rich cuntry ,believe me the country is very rich i know how much i made in a week in gabon when i was there,thirdly lots f ppl stream into gabon ilegally everyday from as far as liberia ,togo and benin and all pass through nigeria costal areas mainly oron and ibeno plus eket
fourthly the only available route to enter gabon is thru the high seas and these small boats pack human beings like sardines
this also serves as a smuggling route for smugglers,human traffickers,drug couriers and also food merchants
the boat i took spent 2weeks n the high seas due to engine problems ,these are wooden boats mind u and at times these sailors can crowd up to 200"ppl in a single small boat.
this business is controlled by the ilajes and ijaws .all these facts can be verified from travellers to gabon.that is why you read in the news of boats capsizing while transporting ppl to gabon,this accidents usually occur in the territorial waters of equitorial guniea.now there are thousands and thoussands of ilajes,ibos who were born in gabon and who have never even been to nigeria THOSE CAN NEVER NEVER BE DEPORTED .but due to the high influx of foreigners into gabon the authorities usually do something they call "control" ,they will invade an area and start asking for ur card de issue if u cant produce it then u will be deported but once u are arrested they will get in touch with the embassy to notify them.
this is the funny part once u get deported all u need to do is just gor back to oron and enter another boat,simple ,these deportation is done once in a while and that is it .most nigeian illegal or let me say yoruba illegals living in gabon stay at the fishing port that is the only place u can get a job easily ,there are also other contributory factors to thi recent
deportation,one of which is political ,
SO NOW LETS SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THIS CONCERNS OBJ AND BAKASSI?IS OBJ THE ONE TELLING NIGERIANS TO ENTER ANOTHER COUNTRY ILLEGALLY?

thanks for the info bro
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Arosa(m): 11:29am On Oct 23, 2012
i am very impressed in the way NEMA handled this situation in Gabon
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 23, 2012
berem: Even fishermen are being deported! No one is spared at all.tomorrow now na Tailor and Shoemaker dem go deport! Nigeria is doomed for life!
#greetings..
is your mail still active?
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by onatisi(m): 11:38am On Oct 23, 2012
outofthebox:

thanks for the info bro
you are welcome
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 23, 2012
acidosis™:

#greetings..
is your mail still active?
yes babe! It is.
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 23, 2012
berem: yes babe! It is.
alright dear.. pls check
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by collins123(m): 12:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
Why Nigeria -*african mumu big daddy* #big daddy my foot# - no fish for dia country! Fish don finish here abi water don dry finish ni. Gabon is not economically okay as Nigeria.

Don't add insult to their injury.
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by babaowo: 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
GenBuhari: ^ That man Obj again angry
.. you are sick!! what about those people in Thailand,singapore,pakistan,indian who OBJ stand in gap for release instead of conviction.
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by babaowo: 12:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
GenBuhari: ^ That man Obj again angry
.. you are sick!! what about those people in Thailand,singapore,pakistan,indian who OBJ stand in gap for release their instead of convictions.
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by babaowo: 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2012
babaowo: .. you are sick!! what about those people in Thailand,singapore,pakistan,indian who OBJ stand in gap for release their instead of convictions.
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by babaowo: 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
babaowo: .. you are sick!! what about those people in Thailand,singapore,pakistan,indian who OBJ stand in gap for release their instead of convictions.
nobody ain't gonna build our home for us,we better start now,until we become slave to building Nations....
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by pazienza(m): 12:21pm On Oct 23, 2012
onatisi: ppl need to know details before apportioning blames,firstly ask anyone gabn visa is very very very difficult to get,surprise ?but that is the truth.gabon is a very very rich cuntry ,believe me the country is very rich i know how much i made in a week in gabon when i was there,thirdly lots f ppl stream into gabon ilegally everyday from as far as liberia ,togo and benin and all pass through nigeria costal areas mainly oron and ibeno plus eket
this is the funny part once u get deported all u need to do is just gor back to oron and enter another boat,simple ,these deportation is done once in a while and that is it .most nigeian illegal or let me say yoruba illegals living in gabon stay at the fishing port that is the only place u can get a job easily ,there are also other contributory factors to thi recent deportation,one of which is political ,

This is very informative,thanks bro.
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Mckybarf(m): 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
GenBuhari: Obj started Nigeria's decline.
When Abacha was in power we behaved like African superpower, not even the most powerful African nations would dare to challenge Nigeria, let alone insult us.

Pic: Gen. Sani Abacha
it is just to show you that no condition is permanent. Even almighty america is gradually losing its grips on the world. Lets just hope you people dont destroy your own nation.
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by onatisi(m): 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
collins123: Why Nigeria -*african mumu big daddy* #big daddy my foot# - no fish for dia country! Fish don finish here abi water don dry finish ni. Gabon is not economically okay as Nigeria.

Don't add insult to their injury.
my brother i believe you dont know much about gabon,so i will just give u some points,NOONE CAN DISPUTE THE FACT THAT NIGERIA IS ONE OF THE RICHEST COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD IN TERMS OF NATURAL AND HUMAN RESOURCES BUT IS THE RICHES REACHING THE COMMON MAN?that is the difference between gabon and nigeria,omar bongo their late president made the people very very very comfortable to the extent that they didnt even mind how long he ruled them,when i went to gabon i saved 100us dollars equivalent in thier cfa francs in a week just working at the ilaje fishing bay at pont nomba apart from the fact i was feeding three full square meals daily and paying my room rent without any difficulty and those i met there were even telling me at that time that i came at the wrong time that gabon was spoilt.most ibo traders take kaikai and garri to gabon to sell at almost triple the price it is been sold in nigeria ,to sum up this point gaboness or the people of gabon are verry very very comfortable,the only two things they know is makossa music and regab beer.strangers serve them ,pls note all this past experience of mine happened in 1997,i dont know what might have changed.but there are many nigerians living in gabon that if you offer them usa visa they will curse you.you cant sit in lagos or the west and be fully informed about gabon or cameroon ,you have to meet ppl at akwa ibom and calabar to see trader trading between these two countries .if you believe nigerians live better than gabones well you are free to express your own opinion or do ur finding but what i saw and experienced is what i am telling u.which is GABON WAS AND MAYBE STILL VERY VERY GOOD

1 Like

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by drnoel: 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
mukina2:

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/49633-gabon-sends-215-nigerians-packing

please what is Gabon and where is it on the map of the world. Let Nigerian´s keep insulting themselves
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Taiwo20(m): 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
onila: grin

Why the grin?
Anyway,they are welcome. Water dey here too
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2012
My Niger Delta pipu have suffered not only in Naija, but also in Gabon? shocked
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by davades(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
And Nigerian Soldiers are almost everywhere in †ЂΞ world for peace keeping mission....withdraw them immediately #mtchewwww
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2012
Obj astronomical corruption and his giving away Bakassi and losing of regional influence all started during Obasanjo's wreckless mismanagement. The fool even mismanaged and shut down our national Airline -Nigeria Airways angry
onatisi:

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
We may have been unpopular with the Western nation countries during Abacha's rule (because Abacha declined all their offers of IMF loans). But we had respect in influence in the world were an African superpower.
I challenge you to find any news story like these, that ever occurred during Abacha era?

Obasanjo degraded Nigeria in every way from impoverishing the masses and giving our oil rich land mismanaging and shutting down our national Airline carrier Nigeria Airways and giving up our regional influence and our role as regional superpower.

I am just bringing you facts.

taharqa: My frnd STOP this yr constant Abacha worship, it is no longer funny. There was never a time Nigeria was Isolatd and derided than during Abacha's regime; we still are in sm ways dealing with sm of d fall-outs of that isolatn..and Obj was the main reason why Nigeria startd to reintegrate to d international community and gain sm respect afta Abacha's disastrous foreign adventures. To compare Obj and Abacha foreign relatns is akin to comparing day and night, it also shows u hv no clue bout d history Nigeria's foreign relations
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by ABJay1: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2012
grin grin
Super1759: if all the nations and countries decides to send nigerians packing. Whalahiii, here won't contain us

grin grin grin grin
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Abrantie: 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2012
So Nigerians are now going to Gabon to fish?? Hahahahaa grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by ABJay1: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
onatisi:
my brother i believe you dont know much about gabon,so i will just give u some points,NOONE CAN DISPUTE THE FACT THAT NIGERIA IS ONE OF THE RICHEST COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD IN TERMS OF NATURAL AND HUMAN RESOURCES BUT IS THE RICHES REACHING THE COMMON MAN?that is the difference between gabon and nigeria,omar bongo their late president made the people very very very comfortable to the extent that they didnt even mind how long he ruled them,when i went to gabon i saved 100us dollars equivalent in thier cfa francs in a week just working at the ilaje fishing bay at pont nomba apart from the fact i was feeding three full square meals daily and paying my room rent without any difficulty and those i met there were even telling me at that time that i came at the wrong time that gabon was spoilt.most ibo traders take kaikai and garri to gabon to sell at almost triple the price it is been sold in nigeria ,to sum up this point gaboness or the people of gabon are verry very very comfortable,the only two things they know is makossa music and regab beer.strangers serve them ,pls note all this past experience of mine happened in 1997,i dont know what might have changed.but there are many nigerians living in gabon that if you offer them usa visa they will curse you.you cant sit in lagos or the west and be fully informed about gabon or cameroon ,you have to meet ppl at akwa ibom and calabar to see trader trading between these two countries .if you believe nigerians live better than gabones well you are free to express your own opinion or do ur finding but what i saw and experienced is what i am telling u.which is GABON WAS AND MAYBE STILL VERY VERY GOOD

That was 15yrs ago, Gabon is now desolate.., only viable for drug dealers, Human traffickers, in short Gabon is now a trans-route for criminals.
The only thing they had going for them was the relative peace, but now even that is no more. angry angry
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by taharqa: 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
GenBuhari: We may have been unpopular with the Western nation countries during Abacha's rule (because Abacha declined all their offers of IMF loans). But we had respect in influence in the world were an African superpower.
I challenge you to find any news story like these, that ever occurred during Abacha era?

Obasanjo degraded Nigeria in every way from impoverishing the masses and giving our oil rich land mismanaging and shutting down our national Airline carrier Nigeria Airways and giving up our regional influence and our role as regional superpower.

I am just bringing you facts.

You are giving who facts. You shld be careful who u wish to debate about d history of Nigeria's Foreign affairs, k? That u are still trying to compare Abacha with Obj in terms of foreign affairs sums up all u know about 9ja's foreign relations. Abacha is down there with Shagari, Buhari and Yar'adua in terms of how they handled( or is it did not handle) foreign relatns during their time; Obj is same class as Multala, Gowon and Babaginda....by d way, Obj did not mismanagd Nigerian Airways; Babangida, Abacha and Abdusalam did. Obj only liquidatd an already dead Airline. You obviously dont hv a clue what you are saying guy

1 Like

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
IBB and Obj killed of NIgeria Airways, Obasanjo looted an estimated $200 Billion dollars yet he shutdown NIgeria Airways with just alleged debts of $60million.
Whilst maintaining a fleet of several presidential jets one or two of which would have cleared the $60m debt.

Abacha met NIgeria Airways in a very poor state yet he maintained it Obasanjo was so corrupt he couldn't maintain it, so he liquidised it despite the fact that he was blessed with record high oil revenue during his reign.

taharqa: You are giving who facts. You shld be careful who u wish to debate about d history of Nigeria's Foreign affairs, k? That u are still trying to compare Abacha with Obj in terms of foreign affairs sums up all u know about 9ja's foreign relations. Abacha is down there with Shagari, Buhari and Yar'adua in terms of how they handled( or is it did not handle) foreign relatns during their time; Obj is same class as Multala, Gowon and Babaginda....by d way, Obj did not mismanagd Nigerian Airways; Babangida, Abacha and Abdusalam did. Obj only liquidatd an already dead Airline. You obviously dont hv a clue what you are saying guy

Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by onatisi(m): 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2012
GenBuhari: IBB and Obj killed of NIgeria Airways, Obasanjo looted an estimated $200 Billion dollars yet he shutdown NIgeria Airways with just alleged debts of $60million.
Whilst maintaining a fleet of several presidential jets one or two of which would have cleared the $60m debt.

Abacha met NIgeria Airways in a very poor state yet he maintained it Obasanjo was so corrupt he couldn't maintain it, so he liquidised it despite the fact that he was blessed with record high oil revenue during his reign.

my guy pls dont keep repeating this arguement of urs ,ppl will start mocking u.abacha almost destroyed oyr foreign relations with other countries,we became a pariah state and every one was avoiding us ,we were suspended from the commonwealth and our human right record was very bad.corruption was very high but abacha mainted the rate of exchange and he didnt borrow,it was obj that took us back into the international community and most of the sanctions imposed on us during the abacha were removed during obj tenure ,he got us a debt relief and on the issue of bakassi nigeria was almost going to war with cameroon on this issue and there was an international court ruling that the place should be handed over to cameroon but nigeria still got some of the offshore oil rich territories,on the issue of nigerian airways it was already dead by the time obj came so what did u expect him to do ,you dont buy for a dead man ,so he got rid of it .pls try and get ur facts right
Re: Gabon Evicts 215 Nigerian Fishermen by onatisi(m): 6:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
GenBuhari: IBB and Obj killed of NIgeria Airways, Obasanjo looted an estimated $200 Billion dollars yet he shutdown NIgeria Airways with just alleged debts of $60million.

my guy pls dont keep repeating this arguement of urs ,ppl will start mocking u.abacha almost destroyed oyr foreign relations with other countries,we became a pariah state and every one was avoiding us ,we were suspended from the commonwealth and our human right record was very bad.corruption was very high but abacha mainted the rate of exchange and he didnt borrow,it was obj that took us back into the international community and most of the sanctions imposed on us during the abacha were removed during obj tenure ,he got us a debt relief and on the issue of bakassi nigeria was almost going to war with cameroon on this issue and there was an international court ruling that the place should be handed over to cameroon but nigeria still got some of the offshore oil rich territories,on the issue of nigerian airways it was already dead by the time obj came so what did u expect him to do ,you dont buy for a dead man ,so he got rid of it .pls try and get ur facts right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

THE N 500 Million Bounty:how Nnamdi Kanu Got Arrested / Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. / The Most Influential Man In The City Of Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.