Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos (7798 Views)

White Man, Policeman & Okada Rider On One Motorcycle Over Fuel Scarcity - Photo / Aliyu Giwa, Nigerian Policeman Dapper Than Some Musicians (Photos) / Riot At Ikorodu Garage After Policemen Killed An Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by mekaboy(m): 12:57am On Oct 24, 2012
ogusbaba1: The police officer attached to the Alakuko police station, allegedly shot dead the okada rider, who was identified as [s]Alagede [/s]in the morning.
The incident happened at Kollington bus-stop, however, the identity of the police officer was yet to be ascertained.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-af6xeABcUpg/UIbCxJfyw3I/AAAAAAAADCQ/FzKYb8tFauo/s280/okada%2Bshoot%2Bdownn.jpg[/img]
But the unidentified police officer was said to have been enforcing the state government's ban on okada along the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway.
The police officer allegedly shot the okada rider following his refusal to stop after being ordered to do so.
Subsequently, several okada riders and hoodlums in the area took to the street and started vandalising State owned buses and other public property.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/protest-lagos-policeman-allegedly-kills-okada-rider

HMM THE NAME ALAGEDE SOUNDS YORUBA, I THOUGHT THEY SAID THE OKADA RIDERS ARE NOT FROM THE WEST? I KNEW THAT A POLICE MAN MUST KILL AN OKADA RIDER IN THIS OKADA BAN ISSUE.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by bigbounce(m): 3:45am On Oct 24, 2012
[qu
ote author=naturalwaves]They will soon come and blame Fashola for this now. Whenever anything happens in Lagos, it is Fashola.Funny people. The Police officer must be so daft and heartless to have killed someone for such a minor offence.At least, he could have shot the bike by the tyres or something. I've been following the Nigerian Police lately and I've observed that they don't know how to shoot on target, they just point and shoot. Who knows, maybe that's why they get killed so fast anytime there is a gun duel between them and armed bandits. They don't appear to be well trained atall.[/quote]
Let me tell you one single truth today,if fashola didn't bring up okada rider ban the police won't use that as oppotunity to kill innocent man,am sorry to say this but this is truth all the government in Nigeria are so stupid,selfish,greedy,daft and useless beast....if they are not they won't be acting in that manner....there is no job and people are taking risk to feed their family yet you want to take that away from them...point how many factory or company the government establish to create job oppotunity?the so call beast are even taking aways the means at which people find earning.....concerning okada do you know how many laws they have impose on them and they still stck to it but yet what happenfashola just want arm robbers in the street....they asked them to buy crash helmet they did,they ask them to have riders card they did....in Lagos if any car knock okada man down the blame still go to okada why?go to benin republic and see if what they use most...is okada and there law if you are using car and you knock person on okada down straight to jail or do you want to tell they are using okada because they can't afford cars?remeber cars is very cheap there....I almost get knock down by a man using is own just for the sake that he want to change his lane without trafigating....why is it that we Nigerians are always blind about the bad side of okada riders and not face the fact about them...the reason government issue riders card because they are capable to transport citizen but who is at fault?some people drive car in Lagos they don't laws they will just jump from there lane without pointer on..so just face the reality...apart from okada they will go to market and park people who are trading try to be helpful to themself and their family inside black mary but the are not criminals...criminal scout free and innocent people people were pack like stock fish in blackmaria..but their own children never struggle but they enjoy the country wealth as they feel like but remind fashola and other today that all those able man and boys they render useless in the street or ghetto will be the one to kill their children when they return home to Nigeria...today or later...
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by Adufaye(m): 6:39am On Oct 24, 2012
dem don do am again,na so dem take kil ma frnd dad Daniel Nigeria for ojo,bastard pple embarassed
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by greall1: 7:06am On Oct 24, 2012
You be Original Mu mu idiot..

follow follow
naturalwaves: They will soon come and blame Fashola for this now. Whenever anything happens in Lagos, it is Fashola.Funny people. The Police officer must be so daft and heartless to have killed someone for such a minor offence.At least, he could have shot the bike by the tyres or something. I've been following the Nigerian Police lately and I've observed that they don't know how to shoot on target, they just point and shoot. Who knows, maybe that's why they get killed so fast anytime there is a gun duel between them and armed bandits. They don't appear to be well trained atall.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by thelastPope(m): 7:27am On Oct 24, 2012
Sebi this is the idiotic despot you people want to present as presidential candidate for Nigeria!

We will meet at the polls in 2015!
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by scribble: 8:12am On Oct 24, 2012
DANILSA: AKPABIO WAS THE ONLY GOVERNOR THAT GOT IT RIGHT BY PAYING THEM 50000 THOUSAND NAIRA FOR THEIR BIKES AND THEY ALL WERE HAPPY TO SUBMIT. STILL WATCHING SHAA

akwa ibom doesnt have as many bikes. besides fashola has to provide for 18 million ambitious lagosians wile akppabio only has about 1 million drunken fishermen to cater for.

thats why akwa ibom can afford to loot, misappropriate and even pay off ghost okada riders with its huge monthly allocations not cornered by akpabio and umanah.

lagos doesnt have that luxury
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by naturalwaves: 8:18am On Oct 24, 2012
bigbounce: [qu
ote author=naturalwaves]They will soon come and blame Fashola for this now. Whenever anything happens in Lagos, it is Fashola.Funny people. The Police officer must be so daft and heartless to have killed someone for such a minor offence.At least, he could have shot the bike by the tyres or something. I've been following the Nigerian Police lately and I've observed that they don't know how to shoot on target, they just point and shoot. Who knows, maybe that's why they get killed so fast anytime there is a gun duel between them and armed bandits. They don't appear to be well trained atall.
Let me tell you one single truth today,if fashola didn't bring up okada rider ban the police won't use that as oppotunity to kill innocent man,am sorry to say this but this is truth all the government in Nigeria are so stupid,selfish,greedy,daft and useless beast....if they are not they won't be acting in that manner....there is no job and people are taking risk to feed their family yet you want to take that away from them...point how many factory or company the government establish to create job oppotunity?the so call beast are even taking aways the means at which people find earning.....concerning okada do you know how many laws they have impose on them and they still stck to it but yet what happenfashola just want arm robbers in the street....they asked them to buy crash helmet they did,they ask them to have riders card they did....in Lagos if any car knock okada man down the blame still go to okada why?go to benin republic and see if what they use most...is okada and there law if you are using car and you knock person on okada down straight to jail or do you want to tell they are using okada because they can't afford cars?remeber cars is very cheap there....I almost get knock down by a man using is own just for the sake that he want to change his lane without trafigating....why is it that we Nigerians are always blind about the bad side of okada riders and not face the fact about them...the reason government issue riders card because they are capable to transport citizen but who is at fault?some people drive car in Lagos they don't laws they will just jump from there lane without pointer on..so just face the reality...apart from okada they will go to market and park people who are trading try to be helpful to themself and their family inside black mary but the are not criminals...criminal scout free and innocent people people were pack like stock fish in blackmaria..but their own children never struggle but they enjoy the country wealth as they feel like but remind fashola and other today that all those able man and boys they render useless in the street or ghetto will be the one to kill their children when they return home to Nigeria...today or later...

I don't think the ban on Okada was a TOTAL one. They were only restricted from moving in some certain areas (which are well indicated on such roads) and the Expressway as well. They were restricted from the Express roads due to safety reasons and in some areas dut to security reasons. If you leave in a busy area in Lagos, you will see the degree of lawlessness of these Okada men.Most of them don't know how to ride, they overtake you from the right when you are driving. Even when you trafficate to turn right into a diversion or a street on your right, they will always still want to speed past before you turn. Knock down one of them in the process, and they will be allover you. You know how many people have been knocked down by bike men due to taking one-ways and failure to comply with other traffic laws? I have escaped being knocked down severally as well.Even when you walk by the road sides, these bike men won't allow you walk freely.

Okada is still very much useful in a kind of city like Lagos despite all the negatives. I will never suggest a total ban of them and the Government is not doing that as well. The restrictions are still okay as a way of striking a balance.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by thelastPope(m): 8:32am On Oct 24, 2012
scribble:

akwa ibom doesnt have as many bikes. besides fashola has to provide for 18 million abitious lagosians wile akppabio only has about 1 million drunken fishermen to cater for.

thats why akwa ibom can afford to loot, misappropriate and even pay off ghost okada riders with its huge monthly allocations not cornered by akpabio and umanah.

lagos doesnt have that luxury

Cater for who? Who has Lagos state government ever catered for? Do you have public water in your house? Money that is going into Jagabans pocket! SMH!
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by scribble: 8:46am On Oct 24, 2012
thelastPope:

Cater for who? Who has Lagos state government ever catered for? Do you have public water in your house? Money that is going into Jagabans pocket! SMH!

dude have u tried living in any of the other states in Nigeria?

leave the vatican and come down to our level and see.

fashola is actually trying. 18 million lagosians and other lagosian wanna-bes is not easy

i may not have as much social ammenities as your papacy and traffic may be a b*tch most times but at least i see he is trying unlike governors such as uduaghan, and the rest of the bloody circus called governors in naija
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by ebosed: 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2012
ebosed: Who gave license to import okada? Govt, Who issued them riders permit? Govt. Who issued them drivers license?

who sold tickets to them at their parks? government, who use them for campaign on high way before election? government, who sold helmet to them compulsorily? government

All in the name of revenue generation.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by frostbyte: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
One down , more will follow. Remember the South african miners. Imagine being run over by an okada, that would have been the 'man in black's' position. Familiarity breeds contempt and now death. Except you can outRUN a bullet: Stop when police orders stop!
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by bigbounce(m): 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2015
The government need to remove force from police they are bloody civilian,collect the guns from them give them stick,electric shocker,tear gas and handcuff,because their atrocities is too much,they don't know how to handle weapon,soldier will face down their guns but police will point their gun on you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. / Buhari's Victory - The Big Winners & The Big Losers / Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.