Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,093 members, 7,946,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 04:01 AM

Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. (7825 Views)

Buhari Sends Delegation To Abuja Bomb Blast Scenes (Photos) / Obama To Send High-powered Delegation To Buhari’s Inauguration / Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by Royalty1(m): 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2013
Controversial spokesperson for the President just posted this on his twitter page that the senate president will lead the Federal Government Delegation to Rome for the inauguration of Pope Francis.

Who wants them there? Even as the Pope himself told his country men no to come and that they should rather give the money they would have used to feed the poor.

When will our politicians ever learn?

1 Like

Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by Chanchit: 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
Another foolish way to waste money, how would that benefit Nigeria as a nation. Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by Royalty1(m): 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2013
resident Goodluck Jonathan has approved that Nigeria be represented by a Federal Government delegation headed by the Senate President, Senator David Mark  at the formal installation of Pope Francis on Tuesday, March 19, 2013.

Other members of the delegation are Governor Godswill  Akpabio of Akwa Ibom  State, the Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, the Minister of State (Foreign Affairs), Prof. Viola Onwuliri, the Chief of Staff to the President, Chief Mike Oghiadomhe and the President of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama.

The delegation also includes the Chaplain of the Presidential Villa Chapel, Venerable Obioma Onwuzurumba, the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission, Mr. John Kennedy Opara and Lt. Col. Edor Obi (Rtd.)

In addition to attending the new Pope’s inauguration mass at the Vatican City, the delegation will also convey a congratulatory letter from President Jonathan to Pope Francis who was elected by the College of Cardinals on Wednesday, March 13, to succeed Pope Benedict XVI.

Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
March 15, 2013

Source - http://www.reubenabati.com.ng/SENATE-PRESIDENT-TO-LEAD-NIGERIA-acirc-S-DELEGATION.html

Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by stevo78(m): 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
My goodness gracious! Dis country is a joke. Send entourage to pope's inauguration and wasting tax payers money. Mtschhhhhww
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by Inik(m): 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2013
Another jamboree, another opportunity to launder public funds, what a waste!
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
If nobe say I be child of God I for say mek their plane kiss something but I no go talk so rather I wish them safe journey

1 Like

Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by biafransoul: 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
Gosh! so many Ignorant foo.ls on nairaland. I'm out

1 Like

Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by rooftech: 10:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
are there aware that the pope does not encourage jamboree.he told brazilians not to bother as cardinal to come to rome but donate to charity the transport money.then where these criminals dey go.

3 Likes

Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by Royalty1(m): 8:23am On Mar 18, 2013
biafran soul: Gosh! so many Ignorant foo.ls on nairaland. I'm out

Pls what's the ignorance about
I seriously don't get your point.
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by vanstanzy(m): 8:51am On Mar 18, 2013
Hey God, this people no go steal this money finish. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed This is another way of smuggling our

HARD EARNED money o. angry angry angry angry
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by vanstanzy(m): 8:58am On Mar 18, 2013
Royalty1: resident Goodluck Jonathan has approved that Nigeria be represented by a Federal Government delegation headed by the Senate President, Senator David Mark  at the formal installation of Pope Francis on Tuesday, March 19, 2013.

Other members of the delegation are Governor Godswill  Akpabio of Akwa Ibom  State, the Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, the Minister of State (Foreign Affairs), Prof. Viola Onwuliri, the Chief of Staff to the President, Chief Mike Oghiadomhe and the President of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama.

The delegation also includes the Chaplain of the Presidential Villa Chapel, Venerable Obioma Onwuzurumba, the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission, Mr. John Kennedy Opara and Lt. Col. Edor Obi (Rtd.)

In addition to attending the new Pope’s inauguration mass at the Vatican City, the delegation will also convey a congratulatory letter from President Jonathan to Pope Francis who was elected by the College of Cardinals on Wednesday, March 13, to succeed Pope Benedict XVI.

Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
March 15, 2013

Source - http://www.reubenabati.com.ng/SENATE-PRESIDENT-TO-LEAD-NIGERIA-acirc-S-DELEGATION.html

CONGRATULATIONS to Reuben Abati, he now has a website for spreading his masters' propaganda and falsehood. undecided undecided undecided undecided Kudos!
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by nairaman66(m): 9:10am On Mar 18, 2013
Another avenue to launder and waste Tax payers monies! Mtcheew!!
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by playcharles(m): 9:12am On Mar 18, 2013
for what! to do what! how does their visit benefits the economy... unnecessary expenses...set of fools
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by BlackPen15: 9:14am On Mar 18, 2013
Are they catholics?
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by Alfamann: 9:17am On Mar 18, 2013
Slaves forever.
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by gen2briz(m): 9:19am On Mar 18, 2013
Kini won fe lo se nibe
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by blessed4ril(f): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2013
Black Pen15: Are they catholics?
No,they are muslim!

1 Like

Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by disisflex: 9:21am On Mar 18, 2013
This mack is alwaz everywhere...na only him d presidency dey send any function...all na wash!!
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by AnanseK(m): 9:23am On Mar 18, 2013
David Mark who has five wives, rigs elections and is corrupt. Bloody Hypocrites! shocked

1 Like

Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by mrofficial2(m): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2013
Who recognises these bunch of thieves? They are so so irrelevant.
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by almaliki: 9:27am On Mar 18, 2013
chiover: If nobe say I be child of God I for say mek their plane kiss something but I no go talk so rather I wish them safe journey

LMAO......seconded..!
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by TableLeg(m): 9:29am On Mar 18, 2013
SMh...... waste of public funds and misplaced priorities .... Nigeria is doomed!
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by pekelepekele(m): 9:30am On Mar 18, 2013
won fe na owo wa losibe
gen2briz: Kini won fe lo se nibe
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by BlackPen15: 9:31am On Mar 18, 2013
blessed4ril: No,they are muslim!

Planning for a pilgrimage to Mecca to pray the holy rosary with the Imams.

Hope you'll come with me.
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by joy2(m): 9:31am On Mar 18, 2013
Useless people they will always design strategies to waste nigeria's money, where a large percentage of the youth are unemployed. Await your punishments when you leave the position.
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by utimayor(m): 9:33am On Mar 18, 2013
please is Mark a catholic?
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by kokoA(m): 9:34am On Mar 18, 2013
Upon say nobody go recorgnize their presence sef..
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by kokoA(m): 9:37am On Mar 18, 2013
uti-mayor:
please is Mark a catholic?
yes he is catholic. He attends Our lady queen of Nigeria cathedral.

1 Like

Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by mike404(m): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2013
embarassedStewpid phools... How about kwankwaso sponsoring about 5000 muslims to mecca I guess its not a waste of money... Its quite obvious that we now have the highest number of Educated illiterates here on nairaland embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by blueheart(m): 9:41am On Mar 18, 2013
Is Nigeria a core Catholic country? Fooo.ls
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 18, 2013
What happened to the CAN president? What happens to the Catholic arch bishops? These people are fools...
Re: Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. by ichommy(m): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2013
It is well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy / Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration / Buhari Is Mad I Must Destroy Nigeria Kanu Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.