Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,473 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:39 PM

Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends (15513 Views)

How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? / Woman Divorce Talkative Husband / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by oyedun82(m): 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
Chei grin, i rememba toheeb my fwend 2day. He can talk bt thats not the problem. The problem is as he is talking he wil be beating you, beat you that you'll surely focus on the topic. Best thing is to run away b4 he reach you. my dad once set him away with the way he talks and beating my younger brother, afta the long conversation he wil now ask question about wat he said. He has folow me to toilet, read together na problem, eat together na war. He wil speak out the spirit in you. We recorded a stopwatch for him and he talks for 2:33min. If he owe you money just cari bike and ask him wen he'll pay.

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Segunagagu(m): 8:14pm On Oct 24, 2012
SlyIg: If my own talkative friend talks with her mouth alone,it wont be bothering me? But the way she demonstrates using her hand to touch and beat my shoulder upsets me a lot. I dnt kw how to tell her i dont always like it. She is a super talkative i tel ya.
Hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahha
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by SELFWORTH: 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
If you love someone, it means you respect them. If you respect them you will never be too tired to listen to them. In most homes, listening skills are rare especially when there is a family crisis .

1 Like

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 24, 2012
When you are a reserved and very busy person, then you don't need this.
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2012
Dermie: grin grin grin
very funny, so u virtually tried everything and your friend ekene didnt connect with your restrictions...he must be a radio with no signal.
grin
ha,ekene talks o.if u dont drive him,he can talk like 4eva,but am suprised he is a boy and he over talks,its girls i know dat over talk not boys.i just pity d lady dat will marry talkative men.lolll
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by 5alive(m): 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2012
To be frank, being a talkative is a talent. Now, more than ever before, how i wish am a talkative becos am too quiet, pple take me for granted. I tel u, if u are a talkative u wil survive at my place of work because evry now and then, u ve got to talk.
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by albacete(m): 9:52pm On Oct 24, 2012

una still dey talk? grin grin grin
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2012
Its an annoying situation to find yourself in especially when you start pressing your phone n d person is like 'are you not listening to all what I've been saying!' in your head you just want to say 'SHUT UP' but you just say 'yes'

1 Like

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Teejayphillip(m): 11:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
i gat lot of talkative friends... D only tin i du wen dey talk tu much,is 2 cut dem short.... Cos most times dey all talk outta point,n my frowning face alone,sends a warning mssg 2 dem.... No time for dirty talks... Any talk wey no bring money or bring food 2 my table,is a trash 2 me.No time 4 rubbish joor
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by mercurie(f): 12:27am On Oct 25, 2012
kulyie: heheheehehee u just reminded me of a friend i had way back when i was in school,chai,i never see boy wey talk like ekene before.d boy came to visit me in my room in school and d boy came around after 7pm,we jisted and jisted from one topic to d other till my mouth was paining me and i stoped talkin,but he continued talkin so i will try and end d conversation by leaving to go to d kitchen and wash plates,he will still go and meet me there and continue jistin,ill press my phone and start playin music,still he will continue talkin,when i couldnt take it any longer i told him ekene please i want to sleep,he said y shud i sleep wen he is still talking of which it was around 11.30 pm,i just switched off d light,wraped myself inside a blanket,backed him and told him to lock d door when he leaves,dat was wen he got d message,he felt upset but i didnt care because i just needed to sleep and his conversation was already borin me and of which i was usin actions to tell him but wasnt gettingill i became rude.we later made up but we just say hi n i quickly take off bfor he arrest me with over talking

Lol! I understand u. That experience could be frustrating
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Gudintent: 5:09am On Oct 25, 2012
kokoye: kill their motivation to talk: keep quiet while they keep talking.

mute.

You really haven't met a talkative. A few I have come across will carry on talking and really don't get the message till you show them the door. It must be to do with loving the sound of their own voice undecided

Friends like that I limit the convos to over the telephone and when I'm done my excuse is there is sme1 at the door and will give em a call back, or I won't just pick the call if I'm not in the mood.

For those who get beat by their talkative friends, stop them by holding that hand midway before it hit you, if you do that a few times they will check themselves next time before raising their hand, no conversation is worth been beat up for! wink

1 Like

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by emmyluvly(m): 8:27am On Oct 25, 2012
[/color][color=#006600]I love Nairaland, everyone that has commented has a talkative friend, but who is the talkative then? Since nobody agrees, I am the talkative.look for more ways to avoid me cos those ones won't work.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by harlos: 8:30am On Oct 25, 2012
5alive: To be frank, being a talkative is a talent. Now, more than ever before, how i wish am a talkative becos am too quiet, pple take me for granted. I tel u, if u are a talkative u wil survive at my place of work because evry now and then, u ve got to talk.
being talkative is a thing but being supertalkative is another thing too it makes one sickembarassed
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by kalufelix(m): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2012
If yhu aint talkin money...u talkin nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by tonym1(m): 11:51am On Oct 25, 2012
START SMOKING MY CIGAR grin
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Thekeeper(m): 1:15am On Oct 26, 2012
No one talks like ugbe celestine in all of d universe. . . Dude even paid me a visit in lag and afta 1 week,mumsy n sibblings started complaìning..grin
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by albacete(m): 10:15am On Oct 26, 2012
kalufelix: If yhu aint talkin money...u talkin nonsense

True that
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2012
my body is on auto-pilot, when it comes to this, i start yawning, face my phone/ laptop/ sleep off/ run away when i see a talkative. anyway, i can be a lousy talkative too, but i also have a good perception of body language to deduce when my audience is tired of my presentation. eg, at work last week, when my boss started fiddling with his phone, i knew it was time to wind up. but i've realised many nigerians can't read body language...i feel like the only genius

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Police Husband Locked Me In Cell For Six Days; Woman / Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior / What Is The Biggest Source Of Conflict In Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.