Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,933 members, 7,973,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 11:15 AM

Should Examination Results Be A Criteria For Effectiveness At Work? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should Examination Results Be A Criteria For Effectiveness At Work? (1491 Views)

Senior Manager, Organisational Effectiveness At MTN / Certain Attributes That Will Enhance Your Personal Effectiveness At Work. / Nigeria Defence Academy Releases Examination Results For 64th R.c (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Examination Results Be A Criteria For Effectiveness At Work? by vickky(f): 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2006
Please could someone discuss this with all recruiting firm ad company that they might be missing thier best candidates by setting criteria before selection.

As a matter of fact, Should examination be the only standard for efficiency and effectiveness?

What about personality,character, interest and interpersonal relationship.
Does this have to say does of us with loads of talents and innovation can't get a job just because we couldn't show that thru our results in school or particular set of tests? Do u know know that thier are factors that are responsible for these?(socio-environmrntal, Psychological, low esteem) but it still stands that we might be better than others.
How would u know if we are not given a chance?
From my observation as a jobseeker i know some people are goog practically and some are theoretically.So if u base must on theory and writing before selection then the basis of objectivity as being altered.

Please give us achance to prove ourselves. cry
Re: Should Examination Results Be A Criteria For Effectiveness At Work? by Tikko(m): 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2006
Na, na, na, indeed we need a chance to prove our selfs. smiley
Re: Should Examination Results Be A Criteria For Effectiveness At Work? by Zahymaka(m): 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2006
I agree with you there my brother. Time and again, it has been proven that the best people in the real world were not really geniuses in school.

It's not hard to cram and output exactly what you were given. The real performers are those who struggle to learn because when they get out, they still struggle and their efforts are rewarded.

Don't cry brother -- prove yourself.
Re: Should Examination Results Be A Criteria For Effectiveness At Work? by natyjude(m): 10:59am On Apr 19, 2006
my brother,

It is foolhardy for most highly- rated companies , banks , and multinationals to always insist on 21, first class, and distinction for thier job selection. The argument always aduced to this is that they want to select the best when actually the best in terms of job performance may even be from 22 or third class. The best option is to throw the job open and make thier selection. One can have 22 or third class because of certain factors but those factors may not prevail in working condition.

I have seen in a place where a 22 material does better than a first class in working enviroment Certificate should not be used as a bases for job selection whether 21, 22. or third class.

Other oil companies, banks, and multinationals should emulate shell.
Re: Should Examination Results Be A Criteria For Effectiveness At Work? by vickky(f): 2:11pm On Apr 22, 2006
i am a sister not a brotheroooooooooo, just spoke my mind i am getting tired of the game of waiting thta just it, it a'int easy.
Re: Should Examination Results Be A Criteria For Effectiveness At Work? by ogboski: 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2006
perhaps it`s worthy to also mention that the descrinmation doesn`t just end at grades.Even the best brains from the polytechnics are not offered chances,by some of those so called multinationals.But then,the way forward is to carve a niche for oneself.Now that you know,spread the message to the younger generation and above all,aspire to be self employed.Hard work pays!

(1) (Reply)

Oceanic Bank Second Test On Sat 28 Oct: Pls Help / Vacancy / Wapco Interveiw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.