Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,045 members, 7,919,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 06:50 AM

. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (18380 Views)

Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me / Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? / Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
Take heart Dear,your sacrifice is for the greater good.The fact that he has moved on without you should fuel your resolve to move on too.Put on your warriors shield and brace this pain you are facing.If you understand the fallible nature of humans,you will know there is really no one you can't live without.It is time to be your own hero.Mingle,you never can tell who you will find.

2 Likes

Re: . by VIPICO(m): 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
You would be surprised at how the almighty TIME will heal you. Months from now you will look back with relief and sigh, "I didn't think I would make it out of that misery alive, but here I am strong and good". Mark my words, unless, of course you are a completely faithless person, In which case I doubt if you would.
Re: . by omotola1(m): 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
obi123:

sorry honey i got a break up text this morning myself so i'm hurting too
Hmmmmmmmn....
Sharp guy!
Bros abeg who ask u dis one?
Re: . by solomon111(m): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
Na wa o.
It seems i am really fortunate to be AA.
Re: . by Lexusgs430: 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
Good thing you thought about the possible heart ache, pain of the kids you might have brought into this world. The probability of having an SS, is worthwhile ending that relationship.

NB : not also forgetting the financials
Re: . by Toktee(m): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
With faith you can move mountains says the lord,the two of you lack working faith, God that brought you together iz a faithfull God,He should have see you people thru,instead you rely on the report of a man instead of God,.....genotype cannot stop me from getting married to the woman of my dreams.

2 Likes

Re: . by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2012
My dear tk hrt. If God open ur eyes n show u wot is as stake in future to cum, u wil blame God 4 giving u such a man. God luvs u n He knw d best 4 u. jst move on wit life. properbly, we can start up 2gether.
Re: . by Ariyke: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
chronique: @ Sandy:I guess while crying,you'd look at his picture and ask: God why me? I guess you'd constantly read old text msgs & the likes,hold on to everything that reminds you of him & break down again into tears... But trust me,the best that you guys can have is what it is. Trust me,you dont wanna know how it feels to raise a sickle cell child,that might eventually die after spending all your resources on him/her. At that stage,you'd be wishing you'd broken up with your husband early enough.
Get one thing clear. Even if he was AA & U're AS,it does not guarantee a life long union of hapiness. We've seen pple break up after
6months - 1yr of marriage after dating for 6,7,8 yrs. They always
thought they'd found the best thing in life. I'm not tryna discredit or dismiss the love you have for ur man but trust me,when sickle cell
issues arise for pple,it's only God that can tell how things will end
up. Do not forget that marriage has it's own challenges that some pple cant even handle & adding that to the challenge of dealing with sickle cell kids is something else. Even those who are extremely wealthy,dont find it easy. My advice is,try(I knw it wont be easy) to psyche urself up & face this reality. U can only get over this by finding another relationship that would measure up to what you just lost(if not better). So,try to put urself in the right frame of mind. Go out,meet pple,hangout with friends,see movies,etc. Get involved with as
many activities that would help you get over this & also improve ur chances of getting hooked up to somebody worthwhile. Duelling on this incident,is a complete minus and adds no positives. Time is off essence.
Try to be strong for yourself. Talk with friends often and avoid being
lonely. There are so many options to explore. This's the much I can say now. If you need a friend to talk to,you could also holla me on
07065614087. Perhaps,I might be able to crack you a few jokes &
cheer you up from time to time. Just have this at the back of ur mind: there's a beautiful life ahead of you;dnt let the past hinder you. Cheers!
He said it all my thought exactly
Re: . by Burger01(m): 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
Well, as for me, if the love is unconditional, I won't care about a damn thing called AS-AS marriage. I used to but, not anymore. My parents were both AS--AS and they didn't die over the two SS children in the family. Its so painful we lost the SS siblings but life has moved on! well, its just my own view of it all. Unconditional love conquers all things including fears of the unknown with working faith....

3 Likes

Re: . by 2goodbobo(m): 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2012
Just accept that he was never yours. The more reason why we should always ask each other about our genotype either casually or seriously before falling in love. Take heart and be strong.
Re: . by misreal(m): 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ur problem shud nt be hu u spend de rest of ur life with.ur prblm shud be where u spend ur etenity.fo in heaven dey z neither male no female.all i can do is ask u to gve ur life to chist den all will be well.
Re: . by Toktee(m): 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
25percent changes of getting an ss will make me abadon 75 percent of producing a normal kids and my happines of living with wife of my dreams,neva! With God all things are possible
Re: . by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
Take heart dear. God knows the future,what u don't know God knows

You take a good courage that will lead u to life delight,don't worry God is by ur side,its not easy to let go of once love,but all I knw is;anything that happens to man is already programmed in such a way that u can't stop it from happening.

All I can say now is,u try to put ur mind @rest and find something that will console ur heart(movies,entertainment,mingle with friends) and God will send wind of peace to take over ur heart

Cheers....All is well.....
Re: . by Toktee(m): 3:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
misreal: Ur problem shud nt be hu u spend de rest of ur life with.ur prblm shud be where u spend ur etenity.fo in heaven dey z neither male no female.all i can do is ask u to gve ur life to chist den all will be well.
That iz what iz lacking in her life now,and that iz the genesis of her tears.
Re: . by omotola1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
solomon111: Na wa o.
It seems i am really fortunate to be AA.
O boy... See as guys dey flaunt AA.

1 Like

Re: . by Ojeilevbare(m): 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
My dear OP, life has its happy moments and moments like the. One u r faced wit, bt I always hv 1 principle abt lyf and its dat whateva I am faced with will surely pass. So I suggest u face ur face wit d truth and u'll nt kw wen it will pass. God will gv u strenght. Tkea
Re: . by tunapawizzy: 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2012
D pain u r passing through right now can never be up to d pain of nursing an SS child and eventually using ones's hand to put that child 6ft under d ground. Maybe u should av settled d genotype issue earlier to avoid dis pain of separation. However now is not the time to cast blames, just TRY to move on, one thing is certain sooner or later u will be fine. I know its hard but struggle to think this is a necessary step u have to take to secure future happiness for ur future husband, kids and U.
Re: . by dnawah(m): 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2012
chronique: @ Sandy:

I guess while crying,you'd look at his picture and ask: God why me? I guess you'd constantly read old text msgs & the likes,hold on to everything that reminds you of him & break down again into tears... But trust me,the best that you guys can have is what it is. Trust me,you dont wanna know how it feels to raise a sickle cell child,that might eventually die after spending all your resources on him/her. At that stage,you'd be wishing you'd broken up with your husband early enough. Get one thing clear. Even if he was AA & U're AS,it does not guarantee a life long union of hapiness. We've seen pple break up after 6months - 1yr of marriage after dating for 6,7,8 yrs. They always thought they'd found the best thing in life. I'm not tryna discredit or dismiss the love you have for ur man but trust me,when sickle cell issues arise for pple,it's only God that can tell how things will end up. Do not forget that marriage has it's own challenges that some pple cant even handle & adding that to the challenge of dealing with sickle cell kids is something else. Even those who are extremely wealthy,dont find it easy. My advice is,try(I knw it wont be easy) to psyche urself up & face this reality. U can only get over this by finding another relationship that would measure up to what you just lost(if not better). So,try to put urself in the right frame of mind. Go out,meet pple,hangout with friends,see movies,etc. Get involved with as many activities that would help you get over this & also improve ur chances of getting hooked up to somebody worthwhile. Duelling on this incident,is a complete minus and adds no positives. Time is off essence. Try to be strong for yourself. Talk with friends often and avoid being lonely. There are so many options to explore. This's the much I can say now. If you need a friend to talk to,you could also holla me on 07065614087. Perhaps,I might be able to crack you a few jokes & cheer you up from time to time. Just have this at the back of ur mind: there's a beautiful life ahead of you;dnt let the past hinder you. Cheers!
you must be AA efit work 4 una o!
Re: . by obi123: 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
omotola1:
Hmmmmmmmn....
Sharp guy!
Bros abeg who ask u dis one?

i be sis oh not bros oga
Re: . by crackhouse(m): 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
@OP, assuming ur mother and father are both AS and they gave birth to you as SS, do u know what you would have been passing through by now? Or Do u think u would still be alive till now?. That's exactly what u want your children to pass through in the name of your unquenchable Love. Don't make a silly mistake that may cost u your life later b/cos the money you will spend on your children and the pains u will pass through carrying them from hospital to hospital may be enough to respectively get u a beautiful duplex of ur own{that's if u will get that kinda maney} or get u killed by High bp.
Re: . by Toktee(m): 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
quid: Think more about the childred you two would have had.
I lost 3 close friends before the age of 22: all were SS (sicklers)
Unbelievers,keep entertaining people with fear,why cnt you talk about 75percent of nt producing an ss?
Re: . by ask1509(m): 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ op,
Don't try it

4 Likes

Re: . by omotola1(m): 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
obi123:

i be sis oh not bros oga
Really, can i PM you?
Re: . by cowgurl: 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ Poster,

sad tale that is,
just clean up your tears, learn the lesson from it and smile,
Yes, smile cos it's definitely for a good cause wink
Re: . by thorpido(m): 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
I'm a paramedic and I can tell u from experience working in a hospital dat what u will av 2 face with a sickler child is nothing compared 2 whatever u feel now.Don't blame God too cos u dnt know what might be in d future which He might not want for u.U can call me on 08059449237 so we can chat.
Re: . by tunapawizzy: 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
Toktee: 25percent changes of getting an ss will make me abadon 75 percent of producing a normal kids and my happines of living with wife of my dreams,neva! With God all things are possible
I like ur faith but I think we should leave room for a little common sense n caution. Out of d 75% is also 50% of getting AS kids dat will be restricted in making partner's choice..life shouldn't be about US alone, we should consider d comfort of generations yet unborn.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
crackhouse: dude are u for real? Or is it for the sake of consolation? You?, AS? Hmmm.
No jokes. I just found out last week.
Re: . by naijathings(m): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
Okay.. he was everything to you but you were not everything to him... just one amongst the many things.. ha ha. so thats why it is izy for him to move on or do you want him to stay with you and cry over spilt milk like you are doing?
Get a life or feel free to use a rope if you think this is the end of the world for U instead of blaming GOD.
Re: . by MrsChima(f): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
What is with this genotype shit

3 Likes

Re: . by Burger01(m): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
@OP, I grew up in a family of AS-AS marriage. My dad used to impress it on me that I should try and avoid dating an AS lady. I am the only AS in the family of 6 with parity of 4. Well, in the university, I met and experienced a thunderbolt instant love with my fiancee. Four years down and a son to the union, I discovered she was AC. Damn my world came an end. My son was AS. I chickened out and told her we couldn't continue. She was heartbroken and so was I. 3 years down I couldn't find another love like hers, I couldn't love any lady naturally as I would want to. I was just drifting, she was praying and hoping.. One day, I woke up from my slumber and damned the genotype wahala. I have a son who is AS and maybe I end up with just one child but I want my life in one peace. I want my woman, my love and my inestimable jewel. I swallowed my pride and went begging and apologising to every member of her family. Life has thought me to do what I have to do and let people say what they have to say. We are back now, a happy family. With God, all things ate possible...

2 Likes

Re: . by dnawah(m): 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2012
You've not even seen half of what Job saw,and u want loose faith.God can change ur AS 2 AA.but if he doesnt,u should know that he has a big plan 4 u.just thank him 4 everythings.always play warship songs(warship him with this)but 4 now avoid love songs(4 they will set your mind back u'll end up crying again)
Re: . by MrsChima(f): 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] / 5 Quick Signs You Need To Move On / Pictures Of a Lesbian Couple ...............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.