Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,432 members, 7,901,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:48 AM

Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage (22579 Views)

Photo: The Benin Stowaway Boy Is Seriously Growing And He Is Really Handsome / Stowaway Dies On Arik Flight In Lagos / Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by ceejay80s(m): 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2012
2morow i go try my own luck too, i go hang for the plane wing, one mans poison is another mans food
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by onatisi(m): 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
ogb5: The guy was discovered in Lagos.
Has anyone sat back and wondered if the guy was desperate to leave the Us back to Nigeria and did not have the T-fare and therefore decided to hid inside the undercarriage to come back to wonderful Naija??

Just asking, or is that thought impossible?
I have met a Nigerian in Amsterdam who had to save for 16yrs before he was able to have enough money to visit Nigeria.
dammmmmmmmm 16bloody years to get an airline ticket?dammmm
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2012
Siena:

Those relocating to Nigeria are mostly Caucaseans or Orientals. They are treated like Kings and Queens by the average Nigerian. So of course, coupled with them getting the pick of the cream jobs and the average Nigerian employer offering them jobs over their fellow Nigerians, despite the Nigerians being just as qualified, (sometimes even more) why won't Nigeria be an attractive place for them to relocate to?

The average Nigerian does not enjoy the same benefits, or command the same respect bestowed upon Caucaseans, Orientals or Asians!
BUT THATS NOT THE POINT THOUGH. THE POINT HERE IS THAT NIGERIA IS A DYNAMIC AND OPEN SOCIETY. YOU SEE, THOSE GUYS COMING TO NIGERIA ARE NOT COMING FOR EMPLOYMENT. THEY ARE COMING TO OPEN BUSINESSES. HOW MANY WHITE PEOPLE COME TO NIGERIA LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT ? . SO IF THESE PEOPLE ARE HERE OPENING BUSINESSES WHAT STOPS THE AVG NIGERIAN FROM OPENING ONE ? THE ANSWER >>> INSTANT GRATIFICATION AND MATERIALISM. SEE WHEN YOUR THINKING PROCESS IS TRUNCATED BY COVETOUSNESS, YOUR PRODUCTIVITY AND CRITICAL THINKING DROPS TO ZERO. THE ONLY THING YOU CAN THINK OF IS HOW TO GET THAT MONEY TO GET THAT HUMMER OR MERCEDES. THATS THE ONLY THING ON YOUR MIND. YOU BECOME TUNNEL VISIONED. AND THEN YOU START THINKING THAT MAYBE YOU CAN GET THE MONEY FASTER ABROAD. AND THAT IS THE PATHOLOGY OF THE DISEASE. MATERIALISM HAS KILLED OUR BRAIN CELLS IN THAT COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2012
onatisi: the money i hve wasted on travelling matters is even more than what i am praying for now to have and go back home,but like i said ppl wont know until they have seen it
IT IS WHAT IT IS BRAH. ITS A REVOLVING DOOR. SOME HAVE MADE THE MISTAKE WHILE SOME ARE DESPERATE TO GO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE. SAME CYCLE DIFFERENT YEAR
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by IMMUNO1(m): 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2012
This is not funny. Our image as a country has once again been dainted..may God help us.
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by ghettodreamz(m): 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2012
obadiah777: AND ONCE AGAIN I REPEAT, I WILL NEVER BE TEMPTED TO PUT MYSELF IN THE UNDERBELLY OF A PLANE THAT IS TRAVELLING FOR 10 HOURS AND WITH ALL THE MACHINERY DOWN THERE AND THE ALTITUDE IN THE AIR ETC ETC ETC. I WILL NEVER SO PLEASE STOP SAYING YOU PRAY I WILL NOT BE TEMPTED TO DO IT. I GET THE FEELING YOU ARE CAPABLE OF THIS CRAZINESS. YOU NIGERIANS HAVE ALL LOST IT. THE LINE BETWEEN SANITY AND INSANITY IS GETTING BLURRED IN THAT COUNTRY. YOU ARE STARTING TO LOOSE IT GHETTODREAMZ. THEN AGAIN WITH A NAME LIKE GHTTODREAMZ WITH YOUR FANTASY OF BEING THE NEXT P DIDDY AND WACKA FLOCKA IN AMERICA I CAN SEE YOU BEING CAPABLE OF THIS KIND OF NONSENSE grin grin grin

Bro, ain't got time for arguments, and don't think
I would do the same in the name of frustration. But don't claim to be above temptation, only Jesus was, and with his grace and out of the abundance of His mercies He promised never to allow us see any temptation above us. If you don't see yourself doing a thing like this, then good for you. But I still repeat and pray for you, may you never experience whatever will push you into such act, for goodness we are all humans and no one is perfect. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God, without His divine enablement, it's impossible to please him or live a fulfilled life.

Furthermore,even though my handle says Ghettodreamz, you'd never asked to know and you would never understand the reason for the handle. I don't fantasise about copying others. And who tells you I can not be greater than Puff Daddy? SMH 4 ya

I don't believe in walking in others' shadows. I've got my life to live as mine and not anyone else. All my daily pursuit is getting 2 the climax n height of God's plans and purpose for my life, and I know His thoughts for my life are of good and not of evil,so stop being too forward or proving to know better than others.

It may also please you to know faith without deeds is nothing, you must put your faith to work. If you live by the spirit, you must work by the spirit.

This is not a religion thread, so I won't go into details here, I will still repeat it, the man dies in a bid of getting out of frustrated zone, he was hopeless about making it in Nigeria, reason for his suicidal act.

Finally, the best thing to life is knowing God's plan for your life, the earlier the better. Some people are bound to make it on Nigeria's soil while some others would make it abroad, so is not everyone born in Nigeria or as a Nigerian that would make it in Nigeria, the end justify the means.

Discovering God's plan for your life would not only help you to knowing it, but guide, direct and lead you through the paths of success and becoming a fulfilled person that God had created you to be.

Let's meet at the top, nite.
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2012
ghettodreamz: I wonder how much he would have given to those block-headed guys at the airport for this,too bad it doesn't work well for him.

What do you expect in a country where there is hardship everywhere with faulty systems of government. It's quite frustrating, he may not have had money for airfare to travel abroad or who knows the number of times, he might have been denied US visa in the past?

I'm definitely sure, he won't have risked his life if he had known that it would resulted to his death. No pain.. No Gain ... Life is full of risk, too bad he lost his life in the process, RIP hustler! cry cry cry

Tomorrow's just a day away
And tomorrow's isn't promised

Where's the meaning in tomorrow?
Where's the rush?
Where's the aches?
Never feel like time is borrowed
Cause it's all the same
It's kind of sad to think about
The way that it would be..........Miguel

RIP Hustla. So sad it had to end this way. Pray for strength for your family and friends.
cry
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2012
ghettodreamz:

Bro, ain't got time for arguments, and don't think
I would do the same in the name of frustration. But don't claim to be above temptation,

TEMPTATION TO PUT MYSELF IN THE UNDERBELLY OF AN AEROPLANE FOR 10 HOURS WITH HUGE MACHINERY THAT CAN CRUSH ME TO DEATH IF THE COLD WEATHER IN THAT ALTITUDE DOESNT FINISH ME OFF FIRST OR IF MY EYEBALLS AND EARDRUMS DONT POP OUT OF MY SKULL IN SUCH ALTITUDE PRESSURE ? ARE YOU CRAZY ? I WILL RATHER EAT GARI 3 TIMES A DAY. YES I AM EMPHATICALLY ABOVE THIS KIND OF STUPIDITY OR WHAT YOU SO ELOQUENTLY CALL 'TEMPTATION'

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Have you thought like someone said, that he MUST have been frustrated, chief, when someone has done all he could and nothing is working out, it makes one to be desperate and when all around you too is not working, it could make a man to do what he never thought he could do . . . so all i am saying is, it might not be greed like you call it, how do you know he is not the bread winner for his family and yet he has nothing?

I wonder why you are arguing with Obadiah777. He was among those spreading news that the ALUU4 went to overthrow a Mafia Capone. It was this kind of mentality that made rumors spread of the boys being cultists. Finally when the police report came out, he never owned up to apologize. He is like that, quick to judge without any proof or compassion.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by UmericanGirl(f): 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2012
God Bless his soul sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by ghettodreamz(m): 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

I wonder why you are arguing with Obadiah777. He was among those spreading news that the ALUU4 went to overthrow a Mafia Capone. It was this kind of mentality that made rumors spread of the boys being cultists. Finally when the police report came out, he never owned up to apologize. He is like that, quick to judge without any proof or compassion.

God bless you for this comment, I have noticed the same about him. He thinks and reason one-sided, so to say.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2012
obadiah777: HOLD YOUR HORSES THERE. I DONT CARE HOW DESPERATE I BECOME, AND I WOULD HOPE THIS WOULD APPLY TO ANY SANE PERSON, I WILL NEVER, AND I REPEAT, I WILL NEVER PUT MYSELF IN THE UNDERCARRIAGE OF AN AEROPLANE. THE DESPERATION OF THAT GUY SHOWS YOU THE KIND OF MIND HE HAS. HE IS A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS PERSON WITH AN EXTREME MIND. THE LORD GUIDED HIM INTO THAT CARRIAGE AND KILLED HIM THERE FOR A REASON. THATS NOT A NORMAL HUMAN BEING.

PROVERBS 20 VS 24 A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way

PSALMS 68 VS 20 unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death.

THE LORD DIRECTED HIS STEPS INTO THAT CARRIAGE AND THEN KILLED HIM THERE. THAT IS A DANGEROUSLY EXTREME MINDSET HE HAS. I DONT DOUBT THAT THE GUY IN DESPERATION WILL KILL PEOPLE IF HE HAD TO. SO MAYBE THE LORD WAS PROTECTING PEOPLE FROM HIM ? JUS SAYIN

Please, you also claimed to have made mistakes when you were young. You were lucky not to have been caught up then. This is his youthful mistake, it is sad it took his life.
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:21pm On Oct 27, 2012
Where's the fun in forever?
Swimming in a sea of time
If we owned a new beginning
No end in sight to feel, oh no
Hey! Where's the fun in forever?
Would you love so hard?
Would you strive to be better?
Could we have gone this far?
Have you ever stopped to think
About how it will be, anyway?.........Miguel.
cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by ghettodreamz(m): 7:23pm On Oct 27, 2012
@bandiejay
Sup bro,it's been a while.
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:26pm On Oct 27, 2012
shocks: And another one bites the dust. What a fatally foolish risk it turned out to be. RIP. But now what is ever done about security in this airport of ours? If anyone else can just gain access to restricted areas like this, what will it be next? An IED? Sabotage of landing gear? Hmm. It doesn't matter how many sniffer dogs we acquire, the integrity and commitment of the HUMANS working there are the most important things. Hmmm. God help us.

Just too true. Something need to be done fast about the workers there. This mistake is unacceptable.
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2012
obadiah777: THE MONEY HE PAID THOSE OFFICIALS WOULD HAVE PAID HIS RENT FOR A YEAR IN ONE ROOM. I REPEAT THAT WAS NOT A DESPERATE PERSON. THIS IS SOMEONE WHO DESPERATELY WANTED TO HAMMER. MAKE UNA LEAVE MATTER OOOO. THE LORD IS THE ONE WHO KILLS. AND THE LORD KILLED HIM FOR A REASON.

JOB 4 VS 7 "Stop and think! Do the innocent die? When have the upright been destroyed?

Maybe I should subtract 111 from your 777.

This is one of the most evil things I have read this year. Man please don't put the word of God behind this evil statement. Stop it, you don't understand the way of the lord.

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by tyson55(m): 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2012
Do people still stowaway in this day and time by this means? SMH. undecided

Now the question is, how did he gain access into the airport, considering the amount of security we claim to have.

May his soul Rip.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by ghettodreamz(m): 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Just too true. Something need to be done fast about the workers there. This mistake is unacceptable.

You can't rule out such an occurrence like this in a country where possibly every sectors are deeply rotten in corrupt practices. Where labour supersedes take-home salaries of workers? Where number of mouths needed to be fed or dependants supersedes take-home salary of a worker? Not forgetting the needs of paying rents, transports amidst other bills.
Of course, the need to sort for alternatives that would serve as a secondary means to supplements take-home salary and provides for the family would definitely arises.

Nigeria need a re-visitation and if any great revolution must occur in Nigeria, it'd better starts from the grassroots (leadership/government) which is the foundation of it all.
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by avicky(f): 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2012
ebamma: and the Op is blaming PDP for this, na pesin send am,him been tink say money dey grow on trees abroad,is his condition worst than odas who stay and hustle here in nigeria?,
Ha ha! U didn't say ur usual slang ni? 'How does dis affect d price of garrium'
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2012
obadiah777: WHO DO YOU THINK GIVES DEVIL THE PERMISSION TO KILL ?

ISAIAH 45 VS 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things

PROVERBS 16 VS 4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

JOB 26 VS 13 his hand hath formed the crooked serpent

DEUTERONOMY 32 VS 39 See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.

Please can you try giving me quotations from the new testament. You are just being literal, these things are beyond your knowledge. We don't know the heart of the lord. Why do you think Jesus came. Not all philosophies of the Old testament stood.
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by ghettodreamz(m): 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Please can you try giving me quotations from the new testament. You are just being literal, these things are beyond your knowledge. We don't know the heart of the lord. Why do you think Jesus came. Not all philosophies of the Old testament stood.

Jesus came to the world because the Old testament was faulty. #facts#

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:53pm On Oct 27, 2012
obadiah777: WHO DO YOU THINK GIVES DEVIL THE PERMISSION TO KILL ?

ISAIAH 45 VS 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things

PROVERBS 16 VS 4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

JOB 26 VS 13 his hand hath formed the crooked serpent

DEUTERONOMY 32 VS 39 See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.

Please can you guys help me type this on google:

obadiah777 mafia site:nairaland.com

and see what it gives you. smiley wink cheesy grin. Why didn't you pray for God to put you to death. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by geovanni24(m): 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2012
Eyah! But ii don't blame de man oh! He was probably ignorant about the risk he was about T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ take or even if he was,...he didn't knw it wud cut his life short unexpectedly! Arik staff shud look for a way T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ reach out T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ his relatives for further inestigation! As a matter of fact,Arik air should be blamed cos ϑε̲Ɣ all T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ have a survellience camera planted within the total interior and exterior of an aircraft! Now we are blaming de desperate youn dude!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by mikymouse1(m): 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2012
[quote author=Siga]I just want to take time to let people know that there are people who left Naija cos of security reasons....not everyone left for greener pasture....I have a friend that was attacked at his home by armed robbers and he was severely macheted....the fear na hin carry am run....one was even kidnapped...so...there are alot of reasons....this guy own...
no one knows...[/quote
And who told you that there are no ARMED ROBBERS in the US?
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by Taiwo20(m): 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2012
Lesson learnt.
If you are planning to stowaway, get a big oxygen cylinder,égbe and/or owo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by noholdsbarred(m): 8:15pm On Oct 27, 2012
We all just aren't safe in this country. It just takes these boko haram folks to think a little and planes will start blowing up in the skies. Security is a joke!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by playahP(m): 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2012
obadiah777: I WILL NEVER GET THAT DESPERATE. LIFE AINT THAT HARD. IF I HAVE JUST ONE ROOM FACE ME I FACE YOU TO LAY MY HEAD, AND A SACK OF GARRI WITH SOME GROUNDNUT. I AM CONTENT. DESPERATE KO EXASPERATE NI

OH AND SOME BOOKS TO READ AND A LIL MUSIC PLAYER

No mouth to feed abi??
No aging mother or father??
No younger brother to help through skool??

No need to say more; you don't work for your money... U still get allowance and you don't know the feeling of pple depending on you...

What he did was wrong... It wouldve been better if he went back to his home town and used all his money to start up an okada business to keep body and soul together

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by 19naia(m): 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2012
always remember that an airliner for international flights is normaly at 36000 feet and airbus has some jets that go to 41000 feet..At that altitude there is cold 3 times as cold as freezing water,there is oxygen at a rate lower than the oxygen many people breath out as left over when they exhale carbon dioxide,,the pressure level at that altitude will make the brain swell at a level that will pop the eyes out of the heads sockets and it will swell the lungs airsacs which will fill with fluid as well as the brain filling with fluid...There are 3 deadly factors that the passenger cabin is desinged to withstand and each of them can kill as well as all three combined........This guy died because he did not understand the natural forces he is bound to and the differences between low and high altitude atmosphere......

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by Okijajuju1(m): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
Here we go again...
Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by solomto(f): 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2012
The issue of going to the US by all means is nt only peculiar to Nigerians or Africans,just go and watch US border patron and you wl be amazed to see the risk mexicans ar taking inorder to enter US illegally. During the interrogation by the agents, they wld tell the officer that they are going to the US to get a job where they wld be earning ten times what they earn in mexico. Am nt against anyone trying to enter US to get a work bt do it legally.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2012
solomto: The issue of going to the US by all means is nt only peculiar to Nigerians or Africans,just go and watch US border patron and you wl be amazed to see the risk mexicans ar taking inorder to enter US illegally. During the interrogation by the agents, they wld tell the officer that they are going to the US to get a job where they wld be earning ten times what they earn in mexico. Am nt against anyone trying to enter US to get a work bt do it legally.
Yeah, the horrors Mexicans and Central Americans go through to get into the States beats me. I don't blame them. The conditions in those countries are despicable. Sometimes, I just wonder if Nigeria is better.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage by onatisi(m): 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2012
you guys dont seem to understand what obadiah is saying,now what some of u are claiming is that the current situation in nigeria is responsible for the guy getting himself killed in the process of trying to leave nigeria,i think this isnt a good point at all,if he wanted to leave nigeria at all cost why take the death way,the money he used to bribe the official to enabled them put him in his coffin is more than enough for him to go to another west african country and settle down,secondly why must he take the risk of a plane belly?is that gej or obj fault too?the guy had no excused to me he simple commited suicide ,i know some ppl must have told him some cock and bull shit how some ppl made it to yankee through that way but let me ask those supporting the man,if you were pushed and tempeted to the extreme as u claim the dead man was,will you do the same thing he did by hiding in the tyre locker of an aeroplane that will fly at an average height of about 10000feet above ground level,pls be honest with ur answer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hong Kong International Airport Named World's Best Airport / Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation / Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.