Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,026 members, 7,933,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:22 AM

Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State (39978 Views)

The Inner Streets Of Aba Are Becoming Relatively Neater_pics / Setraco Inspects Aba Roads,Delivers City Blue Print.(photos) / 4 Weeks In Power : Ikpeazu Changing The Face Of Aba Roads_igberetv.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ossagy: 10:53am On Oct 29, 2012
code.africa:
thanks ossagy for showing the world the real state of the "giant of africa". but even that is not enough to make you and your ilks wake up from your slumber.
you guys need to do better than that to evoke "envy" from the rest of us.

Am from Edo..but I will not be here you ediots sweep the truth away..
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by victor2exl(m): 10:56am On Oct 29, 2012
The person wey post this Topic just land ni{JJD}??....worst federal and states roads plenty around we yu neva see...
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by donzico2: 11:02am On Oct 29, 2012
This is fake..the person that did this should go back to that same place and check if its the same thing... this is how the road was fews months ago the now it has been reconstructed and kept clean unlike before...so lets be real...
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
A people get the gov't they deserve; seeing the levels of decay in that state, you and i are now left to wonder why Ndiabia haven't carried out some kind of 'occupy' protests or civil disobedience to sack the current gov't in the state....waiting patiently till 2015 may be too late, and by then the rot and damage may be irreversible.

Also, if not the civil populace, why haven't members of the state house of assembly impeached that man ?

If not for the fact that my Mum is from that state, i'd have said they're getting no more than they deserve, and that they can all go to hell!; a more placid set of brothers and sisters i'm yet to see. angry angry

THIS ROADS ARE EVEN AMONG THE FINEST ROADS IN ABA, D COMMERCIAL NERVE CENTER OF THE STATE AND THE EAST AT LARGE. THE FEDERAL ROADS ARE COMPLETELY A RIGHT OFF.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ypzilanti: 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
It's been interesting reading the various comments on this thread. The topic was created to generate awareness of the rot going on in my home state, and hopefully some righteous anger.

Those who have turned it into a tribal bashing exercise should take a good look at the mirror and make a vow to change. If your ethnic group is so superior to others, why have you all not created so kind of Tokyo in Nigeria? Is it a case of the 43rd student in class laughing at the 45th student? What type of youths are we producing in this country?

Bad governance exists everywhere in Nigeria, and most states that have 'performing' governors got such governors by pure luck.

No one knew Fashola or Akpabio or Chime before they became governors. It was not a groundswell of popular support from past achievements that brought them into power. but they were all products of the same corrupt system.

Lets all do some soul searching.

Thank you.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ypzilanti: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
donzico2: This is fake..the person that did this should go back to that same place and check if its the same thing... this is how the road was fews months ago the now it has been reconstructed and kept clean unlike before...so lets be real...

Are you for real? Please send us the pictures of the reconstructed road. Some people are just pure evil. Why would you even lie about such a thing? If you are in government, go and fix the roads jare.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by acemiracle(m): 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
i swear am tired of this whack city. They should impeach dis useless governor
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by OkwaIfugo(m): 12:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
ABA is not in Nigeria.
Period.

Clears throat and moves right. wink
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ikeyman00(m): 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
@@@

This is fake..the person that did this should go back to that same place and check if its the same thing... this is how the road was fews months ago the now it has been reconstructed and kept clean unlike before...so lets be real...

proof?

u mean half baked road?
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ba7man(m): 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2012
advocate666: I repeat. This is the fault of the federal repubublic of one nigeria.
Biafra would never have become like this.
This is what they wanted.
This is their agenda.
Igbos, open your eyes!
Say no to Nigeria. Fight for the Actualisation of Biafia.
Work towards the disintegration of nigeria. It is not benefitting us.
The moment you blame someone else for your problems you can never overcome those problems. Its called taking responsibility of your life.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ikeyman00(m): 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
^^^ but we dnt mind ur advice as long as u dnt hate the truth like most of ur kind do
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by bidemi12(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
what? why the beef? as far as i am concerned there is no difference between Aba roads and and the roads in Chicago. . . .
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by campella(m): 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
Advocate666, I want to believe you that the state is governed by another person not from the Biafran Region?
This is when your so called Biafra Brother would have brought things to bear by performing exceedingly different from other governors from other parts of the country to bring home his Biafran ideology.

The thing there is that your people are full of GREED. They want to have it all to themselves.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ikeyman00(m): 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
^^^ i take it u are residing at the Dubai part of Nigeria right?

this thread is purely for bad roads in Aba and not avenue for ur venomous post i think

i can only wish that Bankole will remit 2/3 of the credit line in his acquisition to tackle those roads head on cuz that greedy as it can get!

however in this case it quite obvious the Gov of Abia is mentally unstable
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by fulli16(m): 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
the world is in its 21st century, Nigeria is in d 13th century(i guess)
Ebonyi state its in d 5th century(still developing)
and Abia state its in d...(i reserve dat part)
i dnt knw how i feel to say say am an indigene of the most disorganized state in Nigeria(abia)
but i know am not proud of my state!!!
after all, its d only state without a Governor. lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by odoguigbo: 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
Rubish!
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by opeoluwa2(f): 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
I wanted to see the last of this ethnic craze.but u all are tired out and left the Nation the same way it was before the thread started.
I wonder if Nairaland is the real representation of Nigerian.If it is?then we have a bigger problem at hand.
E,W,N and S are faced with bad leadersship.the best we can do is to seek solutions to our problems.
Tribal wars ll fetch us NOTHING GOOD.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Iykopee(m): 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
aba is just a city like everyoda city across d globe....the simple truth is this; TA orji is less performing to have allowed aba to rot to this extent...whats d difference between those living @ d water fronts in PH and aba? Be objective wen making ur assessment of the state of tins in nigeria...for sure no part of nigeria is developed...not even lagos....travel and see oga landlord (yoruba and igbo noice makers on NL) u wont voice rubbish any further,
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Hoodrat(m): 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
lmao this is like living in the 7th century bc..Hee hee See land of filth on display
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by manpo2k(m): 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
I went on a trip to Delta State Two weeks ago. At the boundary between Akwa Ibom State and Abia State (Ikwuano) the journey was hell! We had to divert into a road in the village which was quite bad. When I get home, I'll post the pictures so that everyone could see the reason why we should elect credible leaders to lead (not govern) us come 2015. Na wa for roads in Abia State oo...tufiakwa!
Here's my blog www.wetinhappen.com
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 1:49am On Oct 30, 2012
ballabriggs: A wasted generation!!!

Forgetting that they are all in it together, young people who ought to discuss issues on why the roads have gone this bad take to bashing their ethnicity's.

I pity this country, these are youths with a very bleak future.

The world is moving, that England you want to meet by 2050, by 2026 they will complete phase 1 of their high-speed rail while you all are still on about, "Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa".

Thats my word, I cant believe what I'm reading.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by hoodboy(m): 4:01am On Oct 30, 2012
These pictures do not even do aba justice. I've been to aba once, about two years ago on my way back from obudu, honestly I couldn't help but wonder how the inhabitants could bare living among filth. But truth be told all the tribal bashers should shove it, lots of streets in lagos look like the picture above examples abound in aguda, coker, itire, ikate, ijesha. And when it rains heavy in lagos even posh streets look worse than the picture above. I really do not blame the government for the state of Aba's environment, people have the civic responsibility of keeping their environments neat and they have woefully failed to live up to that obligation. It is not in everything we will keep screaming "government"
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by onyinye1: 6:22am On Oct 30, 2012
М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ problem in this country is that,because of poverty low thinking people celebrate α̲̅ wicked man,abia state Į̸s dragging herself backward everyday thro d̶̲̥̅̊ leadership.how can such heartless governor received an award of the leadership goV of d̶̲̥̅̊ year and the same abians still come and celebrate with him,sendin him defrent messages to congratulate him? М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ country *NG* ,its high time we stand  our feet to say no to bad leadership,no to poverty,no to backwardness.most of d̶̲̥̅̊ governors choos their replacement after 2tenor and then give them α̲̅ target.let M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ ask nigerians some questions:- (1)
Why Į̸s dolnad duke (x-cros river's gov)not in goverment?
2)Why Į̸s dora akunyili (x-info/nafdac/not in goverment?
3)Why Į̸s abubakar audu(x-kogi st gov)not in govment? Why Į̸s shekarau(x-kano state governor)not in goverment?
Why Į̸s senator mamora(lagos state)not in government?
Ϟ•̸ђy Į̸s george akume(x-gov of benue state)in senate?
And şǿ many more.
Pls let's just give our heart to God and believe in him.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by omayyi: 6:47am On Oct 30, 2012
advocate666:

shut up there.
Governors of what? Fake states created by one nigeria military goverments?
We wanted to take responsibilities for ourselves but you and your murderous allies pulled us back into one nigeria. You destroy our resources and accuse us of irresponsibility. Look who is talking. Oil subsidy beggar.
Allocation, allocation, allocation. Man must not live by allocation alone.
Why are you afraid of igbos leaving you and forming their own country?
omo guy, I say nothing do u oooo. The sorry state of the roads in Aba is actually the fault of the mai suya in kano and the bus conductor in Lagos. Yeah...those guys somehow manipulated T A Orji into office, twice for that matter...very wicked souls I tell u. Or could it be that Orji himself is an Hausa or Yoruba man. That too is up for debate. Aboki and Yoruba; always dragging the competent, efficient saint ibos backward. There's just no way in hell that this can be the fault of Saint Ibos.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Abagworo(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2012
omayyi :
omo guy, I say nothing do u oooo. The sorry state of the roads in Aba is actually the fault of the mai suya in kano and the bus conductor in Lagos. Yeah...those guys somehow manipulated T A Orji into office, twice for that matter...very wicked souls I tell u. Or could it be that Orji himself is an Hausa or Yoruba man. That too is up for debate. Aboki and Yoruba; always dragging the competent, efficient saint ibos backward. There's just no way in hell that this can be the fault of Saint Ibos.

Most states in Nigeria have their fair share of slums and bad roads. People should stop showing only negative aspect of their city.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
donzico2: This is fake..the person that did this should go back to that same place and check if its the same thing... this is how the road was fews months ago the now it has been reconstructed and kept clean unlike before...so lets be real...

And you dont have a picture to prove it?

Gov.Orji is that you?
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
Then prove us wrong by posting images!
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ikeyman00(m): 9:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
abagworo

Most states in Nigeria have their fair share of slums and bad roads. People should stop showing only negative aspect of their city.

yes we know that but aba roads need serious attention

u get that?
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by geeez: 5:31am On Oct 31, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Hehehehe grin grin The bolded made me laugh.....seriously. I don't think anyone (besides Yoruba e-fighters on nairaland) would go with this assertion of yours. wink

Virtually all Yoruba people I know do one thing or the other and that's the reason why the unemployment rate in the SW is far lower than that of the SE
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ikeyman00(m): 12:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by EkoAtlantic: 10:24am On Dec 03, 2012
OkwaIfugo: ABA is not in Nigeria.
Period.

Clears throat and moves right. wink
grin grin grin
Naa, it's not in Nigeria.
It's in Biafura land of the yeastern Igbo akpu choppers grin cheesy grin
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Photo Of A Baby Shot In The Stomach During Last Sunday's Attack In Plateau / Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road / Video Of Dead Vultures In Enugu - Police React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.