Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,392 members, 7,947,651 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 05:47 AM

Religious Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Question (505 Views)

WHAT IF?.... The Big Philo-religious Question! / Should Religious Organizations Be Made To Pay Taxes? / Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Question by naijacenter(f): 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2012
I am not here to criticize any religion but to be factual in whatever i want to say without partially tarnishing any one's image.

Sequel to what happened again in Kaduna today.. the bomb blast that took lives and injured many, is this the best way to serve God? If we are all trying to be Muslims, does this action encourage anyone to convert?

on the other hand, The christian religion though very quiet yet destructive. People swear in Jesus and in God's name and yet lying.
Both religion: The book written thousands of years ago is now used to correct the behaviour today. I do not want to use the right word to describe such book. Constitutions are being amended to go with the trend in every country but the book remain constant whereas the people applying the principle and the rules in the book change daily.

It's just a general question and this does not question my believe. It worries me as i am almost thinking that religion is a disaster. What do you think folks?
Re: Religious Question by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2012
yes abrahamic religions are a disaster.
Re: Religious Question by advocate666: 7:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
naijacenter: I am not here to criticize any religion but to be factual in whatever i want to say without partially tarnishing any one's image.

Sequel to what happened again in Kaduna today.. the bomb blast that took lives and injured many, is this the best way to serve God? If we are all trying to be Muslims, does this action encourage anyone to convert?

on the other hand, The christian religion though very quiet yet destructive. People swear in Jesus and in God's name and yet lying.
Both religion: The book written thousands of years ago is now used to correct the behaviour today. I do not want to use the right word to describe such book. Constitutions are being amended to go with the trend in every country but the book remain constant whereas the people applying the principle and the rules in the book change daily.

It's just a general question and this does not question my believe. It worries me as i am almost thinking that religion is a disaster. What do you think folks?

I became an atheist after reading the bible.

My advise to you is to do as jesus commamded: if a part of you should make you misbehave, cut it off. Religion causes misbehaviour so cut it off.
Re: Religious Question by naijacenter(f): 4:10am On Oct 29, 2012
That is the problem. Religion was supposed to make the world go around, make people live in peace and harmony, but right now, those who are to preach peace and cooperation are those fighting for power. POWER? how will you relate that the house of God is now a house of death?

Muslims want people to become one of them and yet killing during Sallah. no respect for their religion and how can people join them in such a destroying and devilish or unthinkable act?

I do not want to be against religion. I am just speaking my mind that there is no true religious person existing anymore. A godly person is the one who is social ill attitude is not known to the public. Everyone is guilty and worse than the demon we wants to bind.

The question i have now is, IS NIGERIA UNDER CURSE? everyone there seems to act abnormal to me these days. I am a Nigerian but, When we receive info from our sources in Nigeria, it is never a good one.
Re: Religious Question by Callotti: 4:16am On Oct 29, 2012
Religion has nothing to do with violence.
Only Psychotics! kiss

(1) (Reply)

'self Service': A Way Out / Are You A True Man Of God? / Worrying About Nothing Is The Secret Of Getting Everything.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.