Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,571 members, 7,914,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:31 AM

Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer (659 Views)

WHAT IF?.... The Big Philo-religious Question! / Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. / Religious Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer by Lucario007(m): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2011
I have a cousin who is engaged and watches blue films lipsrsealed on the internet, i tell him that he will get in trouble but he says that there is no where in the bible that is against it. So now i ask here to prove him wrong is it a sin?
Re: Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer by Image123(m): 7:35am On Sep 08, 2011
That one would be counselling by bluetooth na. Your friend needs direct counselling, and more importantly your sincere and fervent prayers.
Re: Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer by wordtalk(m): 8:49am On Sep 08, 2011
Lucario007:

he says that there is no where in the bible that is against it.

Psalm 101:3a - 'I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar.' (NLT)
Re: Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer by kennedy880(m): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2011
HI FRIEND
Re: Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer by Sweetnecta: 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2011
[Quote]« #2 on: September 08, 2011, 08:49 AM »

Quote from: Lucario007 on September 07, 2011, 08:22 PM
he says that there is no where in the bible that is against it.

Psalm 101:3a - 'I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar.' (NLT)
[/Quote]After all is said and done, people resorted to Psalm of David [a man accused by the Bible for being a philanderer, even a husband killer]
to seek protection, instead of Gospel of the human god. So Jesus didn't encompass everything. He didn't have all the answers.

As i see it, if David had came after Jesus, based on the liberal usage of his Psalm, he would have partially qualified to be the another comforter,
if we look at the things Jesus said are the functions of this eminent personality. I think Paul qualifies, except that he disqualified himself with his own statements of opinion, not from God statements.
Re: Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 10, 2011
After all is said and done, people resorted to Psalm of David [a man accused by the Bible for being a philanderer, even a husband killer]

His sin was a most remarkable violation of the commandments of GOD.

Guess what unlike ALLAH who sanctioned Muhammad's sexual perversions, Yahweh sent prophet Nathaniel to prophecy judgement on King David , the resultant baby died but God forgave David.

Our GOD is not like your false deity that hides or sanctions the sins of his so called prophet.

ALLAH was an accomplice in Muhammad's sins, the same cannot be said of the Christian GOD.

If David had came after Jesus, based on the liberal usage of his Psalm, he would have partially qualified to be the another comforter,

Does this statement make any sense to you

if we look at the things Jesus said are the functions of this eminent personality. I think Paul qualifies, except that he disqualified himself with his own statements of opinion, not from God statements.

What madness , I cannot even understand a word of what you just said , please rephrase !!!!!
Re: Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer by Sweetnecta: 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2011
If you can' make sense of this, you need your head examined since you are thumping your Bibles, it is your reality.

The Gospel has nothing to protect you.

All of you rush to Psalm of David.

David a man you people accused of adultery and murder.

I guess England has not benefited you, any.

Imagine if your little ones were to ask why you go to Psalm, instead of the gospel, the book of your god.
Re: Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer by Lucario007(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2011
uh, thanks (i guess) but he still refuses to listen is there any other place in the bible except:
Psalm 101:3a - 'I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar.' (NLT).
problem on top problem his fiance is starting 2 suspect things and she is a strong prayer warrior. if she finds out, shocked lipsrsealed cry
Re: Really Important Religious Question Pls I Need Answer by HISchild: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2011
"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matthew 5:28

"Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God." - Romans 6:12-14

"For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the spirit shall of the spirit reap life everlasting." - Gal 6:8 

"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." - Rom 8:13

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galatians 5:19-23

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad" -2 Corin 5:10

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would."- Gal 5:16-17

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.” - 1 Jn 2:16-17

"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." - Rom 13:14

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God,
neither indeed can be
.”- Rom 8:6-7
-----------

"Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." - Matthew 26:41

therefore please watch and pray, that GOD help avoid such sin and more.“For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of GOD [is] eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.” 
- Rom 6:23

(1) (Reply)

The Problem Of Evil / Is It Really Proper To Advertise Miracles And Run Publicity For Your Pastor? / Y Do People, Christains Fear D Shrine Than Dey Fear God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.