Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,848 members, 7,882,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:20 PM

David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions (4064 Views)

David Mark Visits Agatu Community (Graphic Photos Inside) / David Mark Visits The Palace Of The Och'idoma - Photos / Senator Annie Okonkwo Dumps APC For Not Having Good Intentions For South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by AndroBlaze: 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
ACM10: [size=38pt]The reported exchanges among
our founding fathers are instructive. It
was said that

Nnamdi Azikiwe, eager to
forge one nation with one destiny asked
Ahmadu Bello: ‘Let us forget our
differences’.

Ahmadu Bello was reported
to have instead responded: ‘No: let us
rather understand our differences’.

In
another case,

Obafemi Awolowo was
reported as saying that ‘Nigeria is a mere
geographical expression’[/size]
(Prof. Chukwuma Charles Soludo)

So to you who was right?? I mean who has posterity proved right?? I won't be surprised if you say it's the first guy who got his cousin to plan the murder of the second guy and support a secession a few years later. You can't beat bigoted logic smiley

3 Likes

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by AndroBlaze: 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto:

STFU

If the AG was implementing regional/ethnic policies, it would not have increased its vote from 1 (1954) in the North to 25 (1959) and from 7 (1954) to 14 (1959).

It is you that has a warped logic. Look at the results and stop yarning dust as usual.

Can you tell us what these nationalist policies Zik proposed. The argument about Zik being a nationalist had nothing to do with policy but personal ambition. Agreed he wanted Nigeria at all cost but why was that? What was so attractive about Nigeria that Zik was willing to forget differences between cultures and the loss of Igbo lives in the 40s and 50s?

I really don't get why our Eastern brothers on NL fail in Logic every single time!!! I mean if all the books tell me the sun is blue and every morning it comes out yellow- would I insist on being as stupid as the books?? Can I not think for myself?

A tribal party that increases it share in other regions and has a majority of it seats in other regions; while the nationalist party decreases its share in other regions and has its majority seat from one region; Igbo, Lies and Propaganda- the conjoined Triplets!!

7 Likes

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by Desola(f): 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto:

STFU

If the AG was implementing regional/ethnic policies, it would not have increased its vote from 1 (1954) in the North to 25 (1959) and from 7 (1954) to 14 (1959) in the East.

It is you that has a warped logic. Look at the results and stop yarning dust as usual.

Can you tell us what these nationalist policies Zik proposed. The argument about Zik being a nationalist had nothing to do with policy but personal ambition. Agreed he wanted Nigeria at all cost but why was that? What was so attractive about Nigeria that Zik was willing to forget differences between cultures and the loss of Igbo lives in the 40s and 50s?

Domination; self aggrandisement!
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by Katsumoto: 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
Andro Blaze:

I really don't get why our Eastern brothers on NL fail in Logic every single time!!! I mean if all the books tell me the sun is blue and every morning it comes out yellow- would I insist on being as stupid as the books?? Can I not think for myself?

A tribal party that increases it share in other regions and has a majority of it seats in other regions; while the nationalist party decreases its share in other regions and has its majority seat from one region; Igbo, Lies and Propaganda!!

When people use emotions to debate, they are bound to ignore logic in their positions. I challenged Abagworo and OnlyTruth to provide facts that support Awo introducing ethnic policies but they are hiding in the shadows. When you challenge their silly lies with facts, you are labelled a revisionist or tribalist.

They should at least try and refute your 'facts' with their own 'facts' but no, it is their opinion that we have to accept.

4 Likes

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by ACM10: 6:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
T9ksy:

David mark hasn't said anything that one doesn't already know and thus vindicates no one lest of all, the ibos.

It's common knowledge that neither awo nor the sardunna was for one nigeria except zik and his ibo people.

And no one was left in any doubt as to why the ibos wanted one nigeria- certainly not for the love they harbour for their fellow potential countrymen but GREED![/color]

Zik wanted one Nigeria not for the love of his country but GREED?!

Interesting!
A greedy Zik later reached a compromise with the premier of the north inorder to win them over to pro-independence group.
A greedy Zik was prepared to take a ceremonial role inorder to advance the interest of his countrymen.
A greedy Zik refused to support Biafra, claiming that he can't support the killing the child he reared.

Zik was an epitome of selflessness among politicians of his era. Zik was a flawed man just like every other politicians of his era. But Awolowo was a deeply flawed man. . Awolowo was fond of playing playing ethnic politics whenever he fails to get his way. His lust for power was legendary. He loves to diminish his opponent in his mad quest for power. His attempt to sideline Akintola displaced him from power and ultimately landed him in prison.
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
I think its on record that the NCNC was founded by Yorubas

2 Likes

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by Dede1(m): 6:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto:

Some of you don't try to learn and verify facts for your yourselves; you just accept whatever you are told.

In the 1959 elections to decide the first government, AG won 35 seats in the West, 5 in the mid-west, 25 in the North, 14 in the East, and 1 in Lagos.

NCNC won 58 in the East, 21 in the West, 2 in Lagos, and only 2 in the North.

If AG was a regional party, how come it won more seats outside its base in the West? Yet NPC won most of its seats in the North and NCNC won most of its seats in the East.

If we look at the origins of the NCNC, one will realize that it was a National party started by Lagos Yoruba but was turned into an Igbo party by Zik (just look at the results). The seats won in the West are as a result of the groundwork of the original members of the NCNC. The 'national' party had no showing in the North.

NCNC founding executive: Herbert macaulay - President, Azikiwe - General Secretary, Oyeshile Omage - Financial Secretary, Dr Olorun-Nimbe - Treasurer, Onojobi and Ogedengbe - Auditors, Akerele and Odunsi - Legal advicers

I believe sometimes you know the facts but tend to obfuscate. The introduction of sectarian and tribal politics in the protectorates and later Nigeria hangs in the corners of Bello, Balewa and Awolowo.

The principal cornerstones of NPC and AG were both religious and tribal. However the first tribally and religiously organized political party to cross the finish line was NPC judging from the date of its official formation. In 1949, NPC rose from Quadriyya\Tijaniyya Sects and Pilgrim Association to a political party. In other hand in 1951, AG rose from Egbe Omo Oduduwa to a political party.

As you alluded in your post, NCNC was formed by a group of would-be Nigerians\Cameroonians who cut across all the ethnic and religious groups in Nigeria\Cameroon. Do you realize your good friend Zanna Dipcharima was an NCNC card-carrying member before defecting to NPC?
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by ikeyman00(m): 6:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
@@@
motherless loser
I think its on record that the NCNC was founded by Yorubas

lets assume u are right fool

but does that changes anything?

its also on the record that Soyinka will disagree with most of fiction and illusions

how about that!
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by ACM10: 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto:

STFU

If the AG was implementing regional/ethnic policies, it would not have increased its vote from 1 (1954) in the North to 25 (1959) and from 7 (1954) to 14 (1959) in the East.

Zik was in favour of African emancipation!
Zik was against the unfair trade practices of the British colonialist where they impose the price of all the commodities on the locals.
Zik was against the exploitation of the locals who works for the British companies.
Zik was a vocal opponent of the corruption and the nepotism of the British colonialists.
Zik strongly believed that Nigerians can manage their affair without British intervention.
Zik was in support of developing the local communities with the natural resources mined from their land.
Zik was in favour of social justice.
Zik was in favour of equality.
Zik strongly believes that Nigeria can only grow if the best man for the job is allowed to take the mantle.
Zik was against the federal character system, regionalism, nepotism, etc.
Zik was prepared to make the necessary sacrifice for the good of the nation.
Etc

Awolowo was implicated in a coup plot against the Balewa government.
Awolowo wanted to bring down Balewa government when he lost out in the local power struggle.
He instigated crisis which made the western region ungovernable and eventually the whole of Nigeria. This precipitated the civil war.
Awolowo does not have a history of making the necessary compromise for the good of the nation. His political creed was "my way or no way".

On the question of "What was so attractive about Nigeria that Zik was willing to forget differences between cultures and the loss of Igbo lives in the 40s and 50s?"
In essence, we are saying the same thing. Zik was a nationalist leader who was willing to make sacrifices. He was willing to forgive for the common good of the nation. I read Zik's speech after the British police officers murdered 21 protesting coal miners in Enugu. He was such a statesman. He was simply an awesome leader. Nigeria has never produced a leader after Zik who is willing to view events with an objective mind. I can quote several comments where Awolowo bitterly condemned Zik, but I've never come across any qoute attributed to Zik where he unleashed equal venomous attack on Awo's character.

Finally, Can you tell us the nationalist policies which Awolowo implemented when he was an all powerful federal finance minister?
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by ACM10: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto:

When people use emotions to debate, they are bound to ignore logic in their positions. I challenged Abagworo and OnlyTruth to provide facts that support Awo introducing ethnic policies but they are hiding in the shadows. When you challenge their silly lies with facts, you are labelled a revisionist or tribalist.

They should at least try and refute your 'facts' with their own 'facts' but no, it is their opinion that we have to accept.
Stop mas.turbating on another person's comment. You are the one who is debating with emotion. Which fact did you bring to the table to buttress your argument? Your analogy does not add up. Almost everyone across the wide divide which includes some northerners like Sanusi claimed that Awolowo's party was a regional party-cu.m-tribalists.

Did Awolowo implement free education in the areas they control in the north and east?
Why did he not propose free education for the rest of the country when he was in the position of authority?
How did Awolowo policies favour Nigerians in general when he was the federal finance minister?

Remember that Action group startted as "Egbe omo odua" which was an umbrella group of all Yoruba speaking confederates. Which later metamorphosized to AG. So Awolowo's party had a regionalist root. Compare with NCNC which started as a nationalist party.
When many people who hardly agrees says the same thing, then you have to re-examine your history.
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
^^^ Bros you are forgetting something..

That book in your grandmas village library. Its about a year now that you promised to bring it

2 Likes

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by ACM10: 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
Andro Blaze:

A tribal party that increases it share in other regions and has a majority of it seats in other regions; while the nationalist party decreases its share in other regions and has its majority seat from one region; Igbo, Lies and Propaganda- the conjoined Triplets!!
Buzz off! You've just proved that you are incapable self thought. Have you asked yourself where they won those seats? And, did they win those seat because of the popularity of their party in those areas or by the power of personality?
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by Katsumoto: 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2012
Dede1:

I believe sometimes you know the facts but tend to obfuscate. The introduction of sectarian and tribal politics in the protectorates and later Nigeria hangs in the corners of Bello, Balewa and Awolowo.

The principal cornerstones of NPC and AG were both religious and tribal. However the first tribally and religiously organized political party to cross the finish line was NPC judging from the date of its official formation. In 1949, NPC rose from Quadriyya\Tijaniyya Sects and Pilgrim Association to a political party. In other hand in 1951, AG rose from Egbe Omo Oduduwa to a political party.

As you alluded in your post, NCNC was formed by a group of would-be Nigerians\Cameroonians who cut across all the ethnic and religious groups in Nigeria\Cameroon. Do you realize your good friend Zanna Dipcharima was an NCNC card-carrying member before defecting to NPC?

The fact remains that Egbe Omo Oduduwa became a political party which had a number of non-Yoruba amongst its ranks. All political start has ideas and then morph into something else. Abraham Lincoln was the Republican party elected president who fought to end slavery. The Christian Social Union of Bavaria is a Bavarian party that is the current coalition ruling Germany.

The question is ,'how did Awo start ethnic politics?'

Bear in mind the following

1. Egbe Omo oduduwa was formed years after the Ibo state union was formed with Zik as president.
2. The Nigerian youth movement of which Awo and Zik were members was dissolved as a result of the fallout of an election in 1941 between Samuel Akinsanya (supported by Zik) and Ernest Ikoli supported by Awo. Ikoli won said election and Zik's accusation at the time? That it was an Eko conspiracy against Ijebus! never mind that Awo was Ijebu.

You lot keep repeating these lies against the person of Obafemi Awolowo. They said he started ethnic politics with cross-carpeting, produce the results which says so, you can't. ACM10 is still on his way to his grandmother's library in her village riding a tortoise. Maybe he will produce the results by 2062.

2 Likes

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by Katsumoto: 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
ACM10:
Stop mas.turbating on another person's comment. You are the one who is debating with emotion. Which fact did you bring to the table to buttress your argument? Your analogy does not add up. Almost everyone across the wide divide which includes some northerners like Sanusi claimed that Awolowo's party was a regional party-cum-tribalists.

Do you see why you are a slowpoke. Tell us what made the AG aregional party, you are referring us to statements that were made when there exists facts that kill that notion.

ACM10:
Did Awolowo implement free education in the areas they control in the north and east?
Why did he not propose free education for the rest of the country when he was in the position of authority?
How did Awolowo policies favour Nigerians in general when he was the federal finance minister?

So you were expecting the party in opposition to implement policy in the East and North!!!! You really are a donkey.

1 Like

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by AndroBlaze: 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu: ^^^ Bros you are forgetting something..

That book in your grandmas village library. Its about a year now that you promised to bring it

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by ACM10: 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto:

The fact remains that Egbe Omo Oduduwa became a political party which had a number of non-Yoruba amongst its ranks. All political start has ideas and then morph into something else. Abraham Lincoln was the Republican party elected president who fought to end slavery. The Christian Social Union of Bavaria is a Bavarian party that is the current coalition ruling Germany.

The question is ,'how did Awo start ethnic politics?'

Bear in mind the following

1. Egbe Omo oduduwa was formed years after the Ibo state union was formed with Zik as president.
2. The Nigerian youth movement of which Awo and Zik were members was dissolved as a result of the fallout of an election in 1941 between Samuel Akinsanya (supported by Zik) and Ernest Ikoli supported by Awo. Ikoli won said election and Zik's accusation at the time? That it was an Eko conspiracy against Ijebus! never mind that Awo was Ijebu.

You lot keep repeating these lies against the person of Obafemi Awolowo. They said he started ethnic politics with cross-carpeting, produce the results which says so, you can't. ACM10 is still on his way to his grandmother's library in her village riding a tortoise. Maybe he will produce the results by 2062.

Did Igbo Union metamorphosize to a political party?
Zik separated his tribes sociocultural agenda from national politics. Prove that he mixed the two. Why was Awo's case different? It is just like Ohaneze Ndigbo registering as a political party. Whose interest do yo think they will defend?

1 Like

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by ACM10: 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto:

Do you see why you are a slowpoke. Tell us what made the AG aregional party, you are referring us to statements that were made when there exists facts that kill that notion.

So you were expecting the party in opposition to implement policy in the East and North!!!! You really are a donkey.

You are an a-s-s. Why didn't he suggest to Gowon of the need to implement such policy all over the federation? He was busy pursuing indigenization policy and other ethnic agenda for the benefit of Yorubas only.
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by Katsumoto: 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
ACM10:

Awolowo was implicated in a coup plot against the Balewa government.
Awolowo wanted to bring down Balewa government when he lost out in the local power struggle.
He instigated crisis which made the western region ungovernable and eventually the whole of Nigeria. This precipitated the civil war.
Awolowo does not have a history of making the necessary compromise for the good of the nation. His political creed was "my way or no way".

It is a fact that Awo was jailed for treason, without evidence and on the testimony alone of Maja. I can equally go forward and tell the whole world that you are planning on topping GEJ's government. Should that be enough to jail you? In any civilized society, Awo wouldn't not have gone to prison.

Again you are a donkey for trying to blame the civil war on Awo rather than your murdering brothers and Ojukwu who went to war because he was afraid of being removed by Gowon.

ACM10:

On the question of "What was so attractive about Nigeria that Zik was willing to forget differences between cultures and the loss of Igbo lives in the 40s and 50s?"
In essence, we are saying the same thing. Zik was a nationalist leader who was willing to make sacrifices. He was willing to forgive for the common good of the nation. I read Zik's speech after the British police officers murdered 21 protesting coal miners in Enugu. He was such a statesman. He was simply an awesome leader. Nigeria has never produced a leader after Zik who is willing to view events with an objective mind. I can quote several comments where Awolowo bitterly condemned Zik, but I've never come across any qoute attributed to Zik where he unleashed equal venomous attack on Awo's character.

Finally, Can you tell us the nationalist policies which Awolowo implemented when he was an all powerful federal finance minister?

What Nationalist? Zik simply had his eyes on other regions. Since Zik did not lose any relatives in the 40s or 50s to ethnic violence, he found it convenient to forget the differences with other groups and that was why he was told by Bello that differences can't be ignored.

Awo was a war time finance minister. Nigeria fought a civil war without borrowing money. How many nations do you know who fought wars without excessive debt?

The overall value of the 20 pound policy was higher than the total value of Biafran currency at the end of the war. So, yes, he sound economic policies.
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by AndroBlaze: 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
@ Katz

I wonder why you bother with these lazy literates- its criminal that anyone should school people this much and not get paid!!!

@ACM10

Why don't you go and ask your secondary school government teacher why a minority party cannot force its policy on the majority party- as they say in Pidigin "your head de touch".

1 Like

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by Katsumoto: 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
ACM10:

Did Igbo Union metamorphosize to a political party?
Zik separated his tribes sociocultural agenda from national politics. Prove that he mixed the two. Why was Awo's case different? It is just like Ohaneze Ndigbo registering as a political party. Whose interest do yo think they will defend?

Hahahaha

I will continue to school you.

Zik made an address to the Ibo union in 1949 which was basically an ethnocentric speech. Two years later, he would try to be premier of the Western region and fail. Do you think he would have attempted to win the election in the West with the Ibo union? Of course not. He needed a Yoruba formed party for that.

1 Like

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by dayokanu(m): 7:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
Like why ACN cant implement their programs in Anambra State or why APGA cant implement their policies in Zamfara
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by Katsumoto: 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
Andro Blaze: @ Katz

I wonder why you bother with these lazy literates- its criminal that anyone should school people this much and not get paid!!!

@ACM10

Why don't you go and ask your secondary school government teacher why a minority party cannot force its policy on the majority party- as they say in Pidigin "your head de touch".

I don't care for their education. My position is to challenge long held lies and myths so that when a neutral observer reads the post, he can reach a logical conclusion. Trust me, the Internet has become a powerful tool for spreading lies. To keep quiet is to accept that the lies are indeed truths.
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by ACM10: 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto:

It is a fact that Awo was jailed for treason, without evidence and on the testimony alone of Maja. I can equally go forward and tell the whole world that you are planning on topping GEJ's government. Should that be enough to jail you? In any civilized society, Awo wouldn't not have gone to prison.
Awo was tried in a civilian court. His attorneys were given an ample time to defend their client. He was subsequently found guilty of conspiring to overthrow the constituted authority. Awo was convicted of treasonable felony. Such a deeply flawed man. If he was popular as he claims, why did he lost in the power struggle to his deputy? Why can't he wait for the next election to test his popularity? Why resort to undemocratic method to get to power?

Again you are a donkey for trying to blame the civil war on Awo rather than your murdering brothers and Ojukwu who went to war because he was afraid of being removed by Gowon.
You are a revisionist a-s-s. Debating with you is like debating with a deaf. You made up your mind before coming into a debate. And you are prepared to cite any analogy to bolster your warped logic. The coupist were motivated by the nationalist zeal. The western region was in turmoil. People were dying everyday. The country was ungovernable. So the struck to restore normalcy. They claim that their aim was to restore Awo back to power. Hardly do they know that Awo was a con politician. His outward character was deceptive.

What Nationalist? Zik simply had his eyes on other regions. Since Zik did not lose any relatives in the 40s or 50s to ethnic violence, he found it convenient to forget the differences with other groups and that was why he was told by Bello that differences can't be ignored.
What an a-s-s! You expect Zik to lose his relative to prove his selflessness? Prove that his nationalist posture was motivated by greed?

Awo was a war time finance minister. Nigeria fought a civil war without borrowing money. How many nations do you know who fought wars without excessive debt?

Oil revenue in that hands of the federal forces was enough to pay for the cost of war. Remember that Nigeria had so much surplus during the reign of Gowon that he once boasted that Nigeria was looking for how to spend money.

The overall value of the 20 pound policy was higher than the total value of Biafran currency at the end of the war. So, yes, he sound economic policies.
Beyond your careless assertion, can you show me an evidence with any economic indices that 20 pounds was higher than the total value of Biafran currency. Sentiment aside! I expect you to furnish me with raw economic indices. I get bored by long grammar.
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by AndroBlaze: 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto:

I don't care for their education. My position is to challenge long held lies and myths so that when a neutral observer reads the post, he can reach a logical conclusion. Trust me, the Internet has become a powerful tool for spreading lies. To keep quiet is to accept that the lies are indeed truths.

And here I was thinking you were some sort of modern day Budha !
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by ACM10: 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto:

Hahahaha

I will continue to school you.

Zik made an address to the Ibo union in 1949 which was basically an ethnocentric speech. Two years later, he would try to be premier of the Western region and fail. Do you think he would have attempted to win the election in the West with the Ibo union? Of course not. He needed a Yoruba formed party for that.

First of all, can you post the transcript of Zik's ethnocentric speech. Zik had always tried to separate his tribal from national personality. How do you expect Zik to speak in the gathering his people?

Secondly, had Zik ever demonstrated that he was willing to ram his ethnic agenda down the throat of Nigerians?
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by ACM10: 8:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
Andro Blaze: @ Katz

@ACM10

You have no intelligent contribution of your own to make. It's a shame that you prides yourself as "literate".
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2012
ACM10:
You are a revisionist a-s-s. Debating with you is like debating with a deaf. You made up your mind before coming into a debate. And you are prepared to cite any analogy to bolster your warped logic. The coupist were motivated by the nationalist zeal. The western region was in turmoil. People were dying everyday. The country was ungovernable. So the struck to restore normalcy. They claim that their aim was to restore Awo back to power. Hardly do they know that Awo was a con politician. His outward character was deceptive.

And like every Igbo man you have managed to convince yourself that of 4 Premiers in Nigeria. 2 were Ibos 2 non Ibos. They killed the 2 non Ibos but miraculously Osadebey and Okpara escaped?

Of the 2 executive leaders They killed the non Ibo Prime Minister but the Ibo President escaped the acting President Nwafor orizu who was Ibo escaped

Of the numerous Ibos in the cabinet like Jaja Wachukwu(In the world of coincidence submitted a resignation letter 12hrs to the coup LOL) and co escaped but non Ibos like Okotie-Eboh were killed

Like I told someone, the problem with Ibos is that they think they are smart and others are stupidd

3 Likes

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by Katsumoto: 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
ACM10:
Awo was tried in a civilian court. His attorneys were given an ample time to defend their client. He was subsequently found guilty of conspiring to overthrow the constituted authority. Awo was convicted of treasonable felony. Such a deeply flawed man. If he was popular as he claims, why did he lost in the power struggle to his deputy? Why can't he wait for the next election to test his popularity? Why resort to undemocratic method to get to power?

What an a-s-s! You expect Zik to lose his relative to prove his selflessness? Prove that his nationalist posture was motivated by greed?

1. When Akintola was ousted by the AG, Adegbenro was elected by AG and not Awo. Try and do some reading.

2. Yes, the world knows Igbos to be very altruistic. But then again, what can one expect from a man who expects an opposition party to formulate and implement policy.

3. I did not state that Zik had to lose a relative to prove his selflessness; my point is that since he didn't lose a relative, it was easy for him to forge ahead with one Nigeria.

Its unfortunate that there is no pill to help develop a logical mind.

2 Likes

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by ACM10: 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
ACM10:
Beyond your careless assertion, can you
show me an evidence with any economic
indices that 20 pounds was higher than
the total value of Biafran currency.
Sentiment aside! I expect you to furnish
me with raw economic indices. I get
bored by long grammar.
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by Katsumoto: 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[quote author=ACM10][/quote]

'The total value of each series printed, based on the numbers extrapolated above, was £50 million for the first issue and £148.5 million for the second issue, making a total of £198.5 million. Many of these notes were not delivered to Biafra, but it is not known how many were successfully conveyed to their destination and how many remained in storage at their point of production. However, at the end of the conflict it was estimated that between £115 and £140 million in Biafran currency was in circulation, indicating that a large proportion of the currency was delivered into circulation. While this amount may seem large, it must be remembered that Biafra had a population of 14 million, and the amount in circulation would equate to £10 per person at the most optimistic estimate.'

http://www.pjsymes.com.au/articles/biafra.htm

When I educated you on the other thread, you ran away claiming you were coming back. You didn't come back, yet you surfaced on this thread asking for the same data again. Are you so think in the head?

If there was an exchange mechanism for the exchange of Biafran notes for the Nigerian notes, what were you expecting the Nigerian government to do with the Biafran notes once the exchange was completed?

It has estimated that between there was between 115 and 140 million pounds in Biafran currency at the end of the war and there were approximately 14 million Biafrans giving a value of 10 pounds per Biafran. Yet, each depositor was given 20 pounds. Assuming that kids did not have accounts, there would have been approximately 7/8 million depositors leading to a total sum of 140/160 million spent by Awo.

The Nigerian government also allowed old Nigerian notes and Biafran notes to be exchange for Nigerian currency until the end of 1968 and each individual depositor was given a maximum of 30 pounds and 500 pounds for organizations.

Lastly, when questioned about acceptability and exchange rates, Pius Okigbo stated publicly that both factors were irrelevant since Biafran notes were meant to be spent within Biafra. If the Biafran economic adviser stated publicly that they were unconcerned about exchange rate and international acceptance, then why moan about receiving an amount and not being able to exchange their notes for Nigerian notes?

1 Like

Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by Eziachi: 9:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
T9ksy:

David mark hasn't said anything that one doesn't already know and thus vindicates no one lest of all, the ibos.

It's common knowledge that neither awo nor the sardunna was for one nigeria except zik and his ibo people.

And no one was left in any doubt as to why the ibos wanted one nigeria- certainly not for the love they harbour for their fellow potential countrymen but GREED!

Assuming your are right that Igbo people were dying for one Nigeria when you didn't, shouldn't reality, event and fact support your theory?
1. The person who sacrificed 3 million life to avoid being inside one Nigeria against the person that wasted millions of life and even used starvation of women and children, which one supports your theory.
2. The ideologist of keeping Nigeria one is a task that must be pursued and the one who opposes it-which one was you and the Igbos?
3. Many years after the war, who has a group who specific agenda is to leave one Nigeria in MASSOB and what is your stance as we speak?
4. Who has benefited economically more under one Nigeria against what it brought at the table?
Who has kept the theory that Igbo man should never allowed to rule Nigeria, just for one simple reason- he will dissolve one Nigeria.
Irrespective of our biased attachment to issues- sometimes fact should over-ride our very sense ethnic, tribal loyalty.
Re: David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions by AndreUweh(m): 9:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto: They run their 'fingers' with the same old lies that have been handed down through generations. I don't understand how supposed MEN can engage in a public debate without facts. When presented with facts, they run like little bia.tches.

Abagworo and OnlyTruth, I dare you to present facts that support the position that Awo introduced ethnic politics in Nigeria; please do not disappoint us.

The AG under Awolowo made no secret of the fact that it was a regional party. This fact, the secrecy surrounding its formation, its connection with the Egbe Omo Oduduwa (society for the Descendats of Oduduwa), and its unrelating advocacy of a federal form of goverment for the country helped to label it as a Yoruba party and it has often been accused of ushering into Nigeria politics an era of ethnic nationalism.
OLUSANYA, G.0 (1980)'The Nationalist Movement in Nigeria', in Groundwork of Nigeria History edited by Obaro Ikime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Best And Worst Places To Be Born In The World In 2013. / Senator Chris Anyanwu;the Woman Who Passed The Bill That Allows Sex With 11 Year / See List Of Buharis Ministers

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.