Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,827 members, 7,969,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:43 AM

What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? (6441 Views)

What Qualifies An Entity As God? / What Qualifies A Prayer To Be Fervent? / ? Who Is Truly Born Again And What Qualifies U To Enter Into The Kingdom Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by pastormustwacc: 11:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
omo_to_dun: Power of oratory, which includes, but not limited to, the ability to convince others to act against their will, to deceive and lie with aplomb, and to misquote the scriptures with pristine excellence.

Also, you must know some Kungfu. You would need to be able to get folks to somersault, or fall to the ground, or shiver while putatively imparting the Holy Ghost on them. I hear that a particular effect style---The Shaolin Buddhist Palm---has rendered some folks unconscious. If Kungfu is too advanced, you may try Karate.
This is what you get from writing too many many codes. I hear the programming / webmasters board are like dead?
* Senor DHTML
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by pastormustwacc: 11:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
omo_to_dun:
When Boko Haram was bombing innocent souls, what did God do? Nothing. If God doesn't care about 911 victims, slavery, genocide, Boko Haram, why do you think He would care about someone making fun of his servants?
Hmn, another pirated pastor like me on the lose. Have you tired of writing codes ni?
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by pastormustwacc: 12:05am On Oct 31, 2012
omo_to_dun:
The programming and webmasters board are not completely dead; they are both in coma and also on life support. And I am not *dhtml; he is my superior.
So it is taking you so much time to figure out i was actually *dhtml? because i no longer post codes or say - caramba, santa maria, madre de dios. . .. ?
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 31, 2012
author=Joagbaje
God doesnt need human skill to use you in ministry. paul wasnt an eloquent speaker. infact he was a bad communicator. but its not a bad idea if a minister takes some lesson to polish himself anyway.

Point of correction, Paul was very eloquent, intelligent and learned. He was a lawyer and a teacher of the Jewish law. He wrote most of the books in the new testament
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by pastormustwacc: 12:12am On Oct 31, 2012
^^^I was very surprised too. I just did not want to talk because i read a lot of facts about paul that many christians do not even know sef (from history books). And in fact, i will say he was super-eloquent, learned and very smart and intelligent too.

It was moses that was not eloquent. Mind you, if you look at the top nigerian pastors - not all of them are eloquent. But i wont mention names - too many angry and madt christians on board.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by timpaker(m): 12:19am On Oct 31, 2012
chukwudi44: Ability to convince people to pay tithes

When someone who is having malaria symptoms claim to have a vision.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 31, 2012
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by pastormustwacc: 12:33am On Oct 31, 2012
You too humble, na your problem be that. You are one of the most articulate posters on webmasters/programming board.
Wait o, is it my absence from the webmasters board that killed it? I thought i was just one of the many forces that kept it alive?

This new ID is dedicated to the pastors that chop the money of their congregation.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:56am On Oct 31, 2012
@OP I am thinking you mean what qualifies a person to be a pastor in this present time and age. Well lets see...

- The ability to scream and shout.
- The ability to jump up and down while in "the spirit".
- The ability to be able to convince others.
- The ability of being able to pull off wearing a suit and tie.
- The ability to beg for money.
- The ability to start speaking another language/gibberish at any point in time.

Yeah, majority of the pastors today aren't what is originally qualified to be a pastor in the big book. so I suggest you

learn how to "pastor" yourself and stop depending on someone to do it for you.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 31, 2012
Godysien: BEWARE, so that God will not destroy u 4 abusing His servants
who be this f00l?naso God dey destroy wetin him create?u are a rare breed of mumuness,ode.
When did God turn to Conan the Destroyer,mumu.

3 Likes

Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 31, 2012
Now my question is: what is the difference between vocation, calling,occupation and profession? A mature christian response is needed here pls.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by pastormustwacc: 5:48am On Oct 31, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: @OP I am thinking you mean what qualifies a person to be a pastor in this present time and age. Well lets see...

- The ability to scream and shout.
- The ability to jump up and down while in "the spirit".
- The ability to be able to convince others.
- The ability of being able to pull off wearing a suit and tie.
- The ability to beg for money.
- The ability to start speaking another language/gibberish at any point in time.

Yeah, majority of the pastors today aren't what is originally qualified to be a pastor in the big book. so I suggest you

learn how to "pastor" yourself and stop depending on someone to do it for you.

You have just described my ID very clearly ie pastor Must Wac/Chop by fire by force. I always try to teach people to pastor themselves. Some listen, plenty dont listen - they have stopped their ears and their level of brainwashing is 100% - so they cannot even hear the voice of the true sheperd anymore.

1 Like

Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by searay(m): 6:33am On Oct 31, 2012
pastormustwacc: Ability to speak good english or pidgin english, ability to bewitch people (to turn to mumu), see vision (with withcraft or any means at all - does not even matter to the congregation) - just tell the congregation that God says - and when it happens - they will start testifying that God is really using that pastor - and your church will grow very very fast, do miracles (using any means - just tell them it is God that did the miracle) - in fact, better than seeing vision sef - you will become as popular as the you-know-who, and yes, you should have good convincing gifts for people to drop large sums of money (they will teach you this if you dont already know this).

Am i missing anything?? Yes, you should be a born-again christian and preferably from a good christian home (know what i mean)?

BTW you dont need to know how to dance azonto or alanta (that one na value-added service).
in addition, ability to speak in tongues.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by pastormustwacc: 6:41am On Oct 31, 2012
searay:
in addition, ability to speak in tongues.
Whether real or pirated does not seem to matter to the church
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Femmymata2(m): 11:00am On Oct 31, 2012
So God will destroy a person that criticises jetflying thieves, while God folds its arm when men,women and children are slaughtered,shot,bombed,maimed,carried away by flood,dying in poverty and disease e.t.c. I think God should focus on destroying boko haram than a nairalander

1 Like

Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by babatunde91: 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
let me see..
1-fry ur hair
2-be a good marketer
3-use big grammer
4-preach bout wealth
wink
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2012

Brainwashed religious fanatic. Gbam!
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Joagbaje(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2012
obalola7:

Please rephrase that comment in bold. Paul was the most eloquent and most read of all the apostles.
So dont say that in public that Paul wasn't eloquent. of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;"[/b]

Bible evidence reveals paul wasnt a gifted or eloquent speaker like other Learned speakers of his day.

1 Corinthians 2:3-4
And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom,

2 Corinthians 10:10
For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible

Acts 17:18
Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? .
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Joagbaje(m): 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
Bidam: Now my question is: what is the difference between vocation, calling,occupation and profession? A mature christian response is needed here pls.

Some ministers have calling into full time ministry some have calling into lay ministry. Those who are called into full time have to resign from their jobs while those called into lay ministry can still do their jobs and businesses. That's the case of most pastors under a ministry. So for the full time ministers it's their vocation and jobs . But lay ministers have their secular jobs .
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by truthisbitter: 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
www.dictionary.com
eloquent
1. having or exercising the power of fluent, forceful, and appropriate speech: an eloquent orator.
2. characterized by forceful and appropriate expression: an eloquent speech.
3. movingly expressive: looks eloquent of disgust.

contemptible
1. mean, abject, low, base

Joagbaje: And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom,

From the definition of the word "eloquent," you can see that it has nothing to do with either enticing words or man's wisdom. Enticing words are different from appropriate and forceful words.

Joagbaje: For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.

Your words could be contemptible and still eloquent. So many republicans have characterized Obama's speeches as contemptible, but his eloquence has never been subjected to debate.

Joagbaje: Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say?

This is simply ad-hominem. Many people tend to classify speeches they don't understand as babble, or, especially, speeches they don't like.(this happens so many times in this section).

For example, so many atheists and theists are very articulate, in writing, but the opposing side always consider words written by their opponents as babble.

To be clear, I don't know if Paul was eloquent or not. My point was to show that the proof you have presented for his in-eloquence are not satisfactory.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Joagbaje(m): 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
2 Corinthians 10:10
I know that someone is saying that my letters are powerful and strong, but that I'm a weakling and a terrible speaker.

Hope it's clearer now..
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by truthisbitter: 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2012
^
Chei. You for quote dis one before na. Why you come make me write novel when you know this one?

Indeed, it is perfectly clear.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Joagbaje(m): 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
grin
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 31, 2012
Jo the crook. This is the full text.
2 corinthians 10
7 You are judging by appearances.[a]
If anyone is confident that they
belong to Christ, they should consider
again that we belong to Christ just as
much as they do. 8 So even if I boast
somewhat freely about the authority
the Lord gave us for building you up
rather than tearing you down, I will
not be ashamed of it. 9 I do not want
to seem to be trying to frighten you
with my letters. 10 For some say, “His
letters are weighty and forceful, but
in person he is unimpressive and his
speaking amounts to nothing.”
11 Such people should realize that
what we are in our letters when we
are absent, we will be in our actions
when we are present
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by jpphilips(m): 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
Bidam: Now my question is: what is the difference between vocation, calling,occupation and profession? A mature christian response is needed here pls.

calling is a fraud. jesus himself didnt recognize the so called "calling"

our pastors see themselves as spiritually superior because they have a "calling". jesus in his infinite wisdom handed over christianity to normal people without "calling"

all the apostles are normal people, starting from peter the liar to judas to thomas.

if jesus could hand over to normal people, who is that man on the pulpit to say he has a "calling"?

why didnt jesus look for people with calling?

is calling anywhere in the bible? we are all called, the pastor is a mere mortal like anyone else,stop giving them your money, rather USe ur money to support just causes.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? by Joagbaje(m): 7:14pm On Nov 01, 2012
jp philips:

calling is a fraud. jesus himself didnt recognize the so called "calling"

Really why did he called the apostles among others.

Mark 3:14
And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

our pastors see themselves as spiritually superior because they have a "calling". jesus in his infinite wisdom handed over christianity to normal people without "calling"

all the apostles are normal people, starting from peter the liar to judas to thomas.

That's a calling , he chose them as head in the church.

1 Corinthians 12:28
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

if jesus could hand over to normal people, who is that man on the pulpit to say he has a "calling"?

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

why didnt jesus look for people with calling?

Why will he look for calling when He is the caller . grin

is calling anywhere in the bible? we are all called, the pastor is a mere mortal like anyone else,.

Hebrews 5:4
And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Absurdity Of The Bible And Biblical Beliefs / Where Is KingEbukasblog? / Remember God In Your Youthful Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.