Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,155 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:32 PM

Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? (17136 Views)

My Boyfriend Is Married In Nigeria! / How To Tell If A Guy Likes You: Does He Like You? Why Are Guys So Hard To Read? / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Odinaka00(m): 10:03am On Oct 31, 2012
femi4: I m afraid the guy is here on nairaland...and he's reading this thread.grin grin

Lol this guy might even βξ a member on nairaland o, he might even βξ reading all these comments sef lol
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by phemi01(m): 10:03am On Oct 31, 2012
People are giving u d best advice to run b4 it's too late u still dey ask questions. Mayb u haven't read/heard terrible stories of some married women. A bastard guy tried to roast his wife alive but she got lucky. He did it simply because he tot she was cheating on him. D lady cried lyk a baby with her burnt body saying ppl warned her but she refused to listen. Madam even if it is one week to d wedding, quit now b4 u end up in d NEWS with a tragic story.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Ayomax(m): 10:04am On Oct 31, 2012
I pity you, he will even hack ur nairaland account and see ur topic. tht when original wahala go start!!!!!
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by salt1: 10:05am On Oct 31, 2012
Follow ur gut instinct. In many cases, ur instincts are right.
I know that women marry men hoping they will change. They rarely do. Men marry women hoping they won't change but women change.
Invite him to a neutral place and tell him freely your fears abt him and that u are even thinking of calling off the marriage cos u're scared of living with a jealous control freak. Promise to assist him work on this. his reaction will help u decide.
Don't throw away a relationship cos of challenges. The next man may not be any better

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by tissot84: 10:07am On Oct 31, 2012
@OP if u can justify why he bugs u (His actions) then u don't need any opinion.

for me there are two sides to a coin (Story). why not contact one of his ex and get the second side of the story. are u saying all his ex-s cheating on him first and y is he so unfortuate about gals.

Please change is not instant thing but a process. And am very sure you won't want to wait for the years of processing to take place

U don't need to regret keeping ur Virginity till date.

Please marry someone who loves you more than you love him. with that you won't have trust issue coming up and you can live a peace.

don't rush into marriage becos of your age or else u might end up rushing out that is if you make it alive
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by yahooman: 10:11am On Oct 31, 2012
darmie x: RUN RUN RUN. it will never change, don't kid yourself. any relationship without trust would not work. it will soon degenerate to him picking your calls, scanning through your call logs to know who you discussed with and what you discussed. truth is, the deep seated mistrust is actually a sign of other problems; he is a control freak etc. the moment you marry him, he will probably ask you to change your phone number.

Is that to big to sacrifice for marriage Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2012
To him that is pure all things are pure ;His conduct is compelling you to appear like an untrustworthy person, even if you eventually marry him this will keep occuring( his character mentally chooses to magnify your weakness and this he will keep doing, always seeing the cup half empty instead of half full) Don't marry him.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by yahooman: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2012
salt 1: Follow ur gut instinct. In many cases, ur instincts are right.
I know that women marry men hoping they will change. They rarely do. Men marry women hoping they won't change but women change.
Invite him to a neutral place and tell him freely your fears abt him and that u are even thinking of calling off the marriage cos u're scared of living with a jealous control freak. Promise to assist him work on this. his reaction will help u decide.
Don't throw away a relationship cos of challenges. The next man may not be any better

1000000LIKES
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by member126910(f): 10:15am On Oct 31, 2012
jp philips:

lol, funny enough it took you nearly 3 decades to realize that your sexual orientation aka virginity count for nothing in the real world.

how i wished you skipped the bold parts in your post, it shows you have a mindset that you are a trophy that should be treated better than anyone else, implying you don't deserve his paranoia.
Nonsense!!!!!
DOUBT IF YOU KNOW THAT W.H,O.R,E.S WERE ONCE VIRGINS LOL,

I didn't say it to assume that I deserve any special treatment. I only put it there to highlight his response to this. My assumption is that most people would initially think "Minimum baggage", not "There must be something - Are you gay?". I agree that I'm not a saint, but it doesn't follow reason.
Chrisbenogor: @OP
Every relationship is doomed to fail or to succeed. No advice here should make you end your relationship you need to sit down, think and try to make this work.
Let me first say this asides from that he is paranoid I think he cares enough to be paranoid, that's a positive. If you have not grilled him about his past then you need to do that now, not in an interrogatory way but more like a "I want to know what your story " way. You also need to learn to tailor your reactions to these things to work to your advantage, instead of surprise and disgust try laughing and reassuring.

I am saying all this because we all have one baggage or the other, I do not believe in condemning a relationship because of one problem. Sit with him, have this talk and make him understand you do not expect him to change overnight, but you would by your actions be willing to help him work through it. At some point he will cross the line and fully trust you, there are jealous people in the world who still have very good marriages. If you think he is worth it then you need to tackle the issue instead of sit back and expect him to "change" overnight.

Work on your relationship, not many people have got what you have.

This is wisdom. I have asked questions myself, and he has been very honest. At least he hasn't hidden who he was from me. The thing is that we have had many such conversations, and he always says verbally that he trusts me, but his actions don't show it. Mind you, he is improving continually, and I'm of the belief that we are all imperfect, and we all need to understand each others faults. I don't mind this, but I don't wan't to be faced with a situation that could cost my life for nothing.

Odinaka00:

Lol this guy might even βξ a member on nairaland o, he might even βξ reading all these comments sef lol

If he is, then this is a good then because at least he can see the public opinion on the issue.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 31, 2012
My sister, from your story, this guy will definitely change after marriage...and it will be for the worse.

Marrying him will be one of the gravest mistakes you will ever make. His deep-seated insecurity will definitely drive him over the edge, into violence and blind fury. Run for your life. RUN.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Lyzbet: 10:24am On Oct 31, 2012
@op, dnt even think of marryin him, its just goin 2 degenerate in marriage. Be sure that if u marry him u r gonna b restricted 4m family n friends completely. U r still in a relatnshp n he is monitorin u dat much. Wat he is doin is called 'RELATIONSHIP ABUSE'. You can look it up online n read more bout it. U wuld neva b happy in a marriage dat u were unhappy durin courtin.
Talk 2 an older n mature person (someone u can confide in) in ur family bout wats goin on, preferably either of ur parents or an aunt or uncle etc.
Marriage is a lifelong agreement. If d foundatn is weak, it can NEVER stand

1 Like

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by jpphilips(m): 10:25am On Oct 31, 2012
member_126910:

I didn't say it to assume that I deserve any special treatment. I only put it there to highlight his response to this. My assumption is that most people would initially think "Minimum baggage", not "There must be something - Are you gay?". I agree that I'm not a saint, but it doesn't follow reason.

you can be saying that to sexkillz not me.

first, what has your being a virgin for 25yrs got to do with an insecure man that wants to marry you?

Did you think that keeping yourself will definitely change the paranoia of the guy?

lets start form there if you can make the connection.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by member126910(f): 10:29am On Oct 31, 2012
jp philips:

you can be saying that to sexkillz not me.

first, what has your being a virgin for 25yrs got to do with an insecure man that wants to marry you?

Did you think that keeping yourself will definitely change the paranoia of the guy?

lets start form there if you can make the connection.

Thanks for your solitary opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by thehunted(m): 10:30am On Oct 31, 2012
i guess this guy being an ex player knows that 99% of naija babes cant be trusted. Do not leave him cos of this. the guys out there arent better. Would u prefer guys that womanise,smoke,drink etc to your guy? Seriously,i dont blame any guy who is jealous like your guy cos we know what our women can do. Just let him know that you love him and wouldnt cheat on him. Speak to his close friend and hear what his fears are.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 31, 2012
Have you complained to him how his behaviours make you feel?

I'm thinking you're sending out vibes that make him doubt your faithfulness, if so work on that too.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Pirosaw: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2012
My dear sister, I am proud of you for keeping your self, May the Good Lord reward you with a man that will treasure you and trust you.

No marriage can work without trust, men get jealous easily but those that know their woman trust them. If you love your life NEVER NEVER marry someone that can not trust you. From your story you dating an immature man.

You are a good girl you will get a good man not someone that is not mature. IF YOU ARE MY SISTER, I WILL KNEEL DOWN TO BEG YOU TO RUN FOR YOUR LIFE because you will forever regret marrying such a man and then it will be too late.

Please don't ever regret keeping your self, if no one appreciate, your creator do and that is what matter. Remain blessed. I am proud of you.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:35am On Oct 31, 2012
member_126910:

This is wisdom. I have asked questions myself, and he has been very honest. At least he hasn't hidden who he was from me. The thing is that we have had many such conversations, and he always says verbally that he trusts me, but his actions don't show it. Mind you, he is improving continually, and I'm of the belief that we are all imperfect, and we all need to understand each others faults. I don't mind this, but I don't wan't to be faced with a situation that could cost my life for nothing.

To be honest even if I was dying this is the last website I would come to for advice, people here are frustrated and they think one problem equates to run away. The older we get the more baggage we have, at least he does not have a kid outside or many other issues that can really bug a Marriage down, if this was the only problem he had and I was you I would take it and run away to the alter.

Trust is not set in stone, in the course of a marriage it gets shattered, repaired and so on. I mean not in every aspect, there is trust with finances, trust with fidelity, trust in the way you agreed to raise your kids for instance. The status of trust today in one aspect does not mean things are very very bad. Ultimately you know if this was just one of those frustrating moments that come in every relationship or if it is truly enough along with other factors to be calling it off. We would not get it easy anywhere, its always better to just brace yourself for the journey and go into it knowing fully well what he wants, if its to tell the whole world you are his woman Biko do it.

If he is, then this is a good then because at least he can see the public opinion on the issue. So that it's not just me saying. So if you have hacked my nairaland account as well, babe - HELLO! :-)

grin grin grin grin grin
HEHEHEHEHE thats the spirit.
Make I tok my own too, OGA HELLO !! grin grin
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by sauceEEP(m): 10:37am On Oct 31, 2012
Chrisbenogor: @OP
Every relationship is doomed to fail or to succeed. No advice here should make you end your relationship you need to sit down, think and try to make this work.
Let me first say this asides from that he is paranoid I think he cares enough to be paranoid, that's a positive. If you have not grilled him about his past then you need to do that now, not in an interrogatory way but more like a "I want to know what your story " way. You also need to learn to tailor your reactions to these things to work to your advantage, instead of surprise and disgust try laughing and reassuring.

I am saying all this because we all have one baggage or the other, I do not believe in condemning a relationship because of one problem. Sit with him, have this talk and make him understand you do not expect him to change overnight, but you would by your actions be willing to help him work through it. At some point he will cross the line and fully trust you, there are jealous people in the world who still have very good marriages. If you think he is worth it then you need to tackle the issue instead of sit back and expect him to "change" overnight.

Work on your relationship, not many people have got what you have.
u've said my mind. I just can't believe that some people are here advicin her to cal it quits.smh @op work on ur relationship and seek Gods direction. Dn't forget that the devil u knw may be better than the angel u dn't knw.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by member126910(f): 10:37am On Oct 31, 2012
mbatuku2: Have you complained to him how his behaviours make you feel?

I'm thinking you're sending out vibes that make him doubt your faithfulness, if so work on that too.

We have talked about it several times. I don't have any male friends, apart from 2 guys who are part of a school group whom I see once a year during our annual reunion (we have always met as part of a big group of guys & girls). I don't talk to these guys on the phone, however I comment on their facebook statuses from time to time and vice versa. I do talk to several guys on Twitter - but not personal stuff. If they say something that interests me I'll comment. I don't flirt, so I'm confused about what vibes I might be sending.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by 9lifes(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2012
After they will say they don't see the signs,keep asking..your body go soon tell you.

These ladies need serious wisdom..abi metal adrenaline,i don't understand why u are still not on the run.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Sealeddeal(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2012
Poster,'Running' is an option but may not be the best option.You should check out on his other qualities.Insecurity is a problem and its somebody that will have it.its takes conviction and trust to be less jealous in relationship.there is Igbo proverb that say that whoever kills with matchete will never allow anybody to pass behind him with matchete.he is a cheat and cheating is always painful to whoever is cheated on.so,he would not want to be cheated not least after marriage. Another thing is,if u 'Run',where will u be running to? How are u sure u will get somebody without worse flaw? You have dated for 20months,i wonder why your confusion sets in now even when u got engaged after 2months.i do not think leaving the relationship is the best.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Ariyke: 10:40am On Oct 31, 2012
My dear marriage is a life time institution so u wouldnt wanna do what u gonna regret cus jealous husbands are bound to becum abusive husbands so wise up b4 it gets too late. my thought though

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 31, 2012
JP Philips I copied your post and posted it on facebook. Nice one.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by member126910(f): 10:48am On Oct 31, 2012
sauceEEP: u've said my mind. I just can't believe that some people are here advicin her to cal it quits.smh @op work on ur relationship and seek Gods direction. Dn't forget that the devil u knw may be better than the angel u dn't knw.

I think all advice is valid. We are all different people, and everyone would probably handle the situation differently based on their background and personality. To be honest, I'm prepared to work with him to resolve this problem, because this could do me also some serious damage if it has to end to save my life or for any serious reason. If it does, then I'm out for good. I'll probably never desire to marry anyone again, and sort out how to live my life by myself. I'm not desperate to marry, and I'm not scared of the prospect of being alone forever as long as I have my peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by jethro2: 10:50am On Oct 31, 2012
Better to be late than to be a late. He is a control freak and too possessive. Marriage should be enjoy and not endured. A word is enough for the wise. Fly

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by trix1: 10:55am On Oct 31, 2012
So you say
1) this guy has cheated in ALL his past relationships, and you were NEVER intimate in any of your past relationships.

member_126910:
Even though I was a virgin at 25 when we met, I have had previous boyfriends…
He admits that he has had several partners before me, and also that he had never been 100% faithful to any one of them…
The funny thing about this is that the day he told me that he had never been faithful to anyone before (even in a 5 year relationship that he was in - he said the lady cheated, so he cheated for revenge)….

2) This guy is tracking every minute detail of your life, and you totally trust him, not minding his antecedents

member_126910:
Yet, I do not try to grill him in the same way. I do not assume that he is cheating when anything happens, if he doesn't answer his phone immediately….
Recently, I found out that he has (without my knowledge), not just hacked into my Twitter account but also set up his phone to receive an alert whenever anyone mentions me or sends me a message on Twitter. This is not just a hack which lets you log into my Twitter. This is an alert like a text message. This means that wherever he is, whatever he is doing, he wants to know what who contacts me on Twitter. He does have a Twitter account but isn't interested in anything I have to say and so he isn't following me. Rather he is interested in the private messages I get, and what messages people send me.

3) His Cousin has stood up for you as a character witness, and the guy is very cunning..

member_126910:

It doesn't help also that he is very cunning. On one occasion, I invited him to church with me, he pretended he wasn't coming, dropped me off at the station, and immediately followed me on the train back to church to see…….

The ironic thing is that early this year, I met a guy on the plane, who can be desribed as a ladies man. This man stared at me for the entire duration of the 6-hour flight, at the end of which he stopped me to chat me up. I initially thought he recognised me from somewhere, but when it seemed he just wanted to chat a girl up, I told him I was married and walked away. I narrated this to my fiance, and by pure coincidence 3 months later, it turned out the same guy in question was dating my fiance's cousin, and had narrated the incident to her as well, confirming my story in public!.....

You have painted this guy as a bad person, and made youself almost saint-like. I really do not know if you expect anyone to read this story, believe it and still stand up for this guy.

But I still think you must have seen something in this ‘bad guy’ to date and even accept his marriage proposal; Its normal to have Cold feet just before the wedding, sometimes blow things out of propotion. BUT if every single thing you typed up there is true, then the guy is paying for all his years of cheating… After all the real punishment of a lair isnt that his lie isnt believed, but that he CAN’T believe anything other people say.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by ghettodreamz(m): 10:58am On Oct 31, 2012
Lyzbet: @op, dnt even think of marryin him, its just goin 2 degenerate in marriage. Be sure that if u marry him u r gonna b restricted 4m family n friends completely. U r still in a relatnshp n he is monitorin u dat much. Wat he is doin is called 'RELATIONSHIP ABUSE'. You can look it up online n read more bout it. U wuld neva b happy in a marriage dat u were unhappy durin courtin.
Talk 2 an older n mature person (someone u can confide in) in ur family bout wats goin on, preferably either of ur parents or an aunt or uncle etc.
Marriage is a lifelong agreement. If d foundatn is weak, it can NEVER stand

@ the boldfaced, Jah bless you!
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by akpanbaba: 10:59am On Oct 31, 2012
That man will put M
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Emmyvans: 10:59am On Oct 31, 2012
Have u listened to Usher's song- His mistake... Ur situation jst brings d song to memory. Seriously, u do not deserve this. The earlier u take a break from it, the better. A break not quit. May be u postpone d wedding 4 extra months n see if there's improvement.
You cannot afford to be treated the same way if u get married. Now that u r not yet his own, look at wat he's doing. What den happens wen u get married?
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 31, 2012
member_126910:

We have talked about it several times. I don't have any male friends, apart from 2 guys who are part of a school group whom I see once a year during our annual reunion (we have always met as part of a big group of guys & girls). I don't talk to these guys on the phone, however I comment on their facebook statuses from time to time and vice versa. I do talk to several guys on Twitter - but not personal stuff. If they say something that interests me I'll comment. I don't flirt, so I'm confused about what vibes I might be sending.

I dont know how to explain in ur case, but vibes like how you dress, talk and carry yourself.

Sometimes I've had some particular girls in the past that how they carry themselves make me have this 'cloud' of feeling that they are capable of sleeping with anybody they come across as a result of the kinds of vibes that they subconsciously send out.

My suggestions to u will be stay off those conversations you usually have with random guys on social networks, dress modestly, resist any urge to flirt with/play too much with the opposite sex. Watch your sex life with him, dont be too expressive.

You might also do some reversed psychology of monitoring his activities with females, and dont fail to accuse whenever you see anything. This will let him know how it feels being accused wrongly.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 31, 2012
I suggest you run, and running will not even be easy for you, considering that this guy is crazy, yes, I mean crazily in lust. Use the CIA counter offence tactics, this requires no conscience, accuse him always of cheating, don't be a reactionarist, accuse him randomly and make him feel unstable and threaten to leave him if he keeps cheating on you with that girl. Be professional until he complains and breaks down, then you have him psychologically controlled same way he is manipulating you.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 31, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am Actually The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland / This Photo Of A N*ked Mother Breastfeeding Her Baby Has Divided Nigerians / Can You Remember Your First Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.