Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,246 members, 7,943,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:49 PM

Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! (1678 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala / Christian Weapons Of Warfare (8 Powerful Weapons All Christians Must Use)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by italo: 9:41am On Nov 01, 2012
Of course, Italo has to be the trouble maker.

It can't possibly be anyone else.

Afterall, the rest are Christians and I am an "idol worshipper."
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by pastormustwacc: 11:00am On Nov 01, 2012
^^^You are not an idol worshipper as far as i know. You are a truth-seeker, and you shall find it (sooner than you expect).
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by advocate666: 11:01am On Nov 01, 2012
i am loving me this godly fight.
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by pastormustwacc: 11:08am On Nov 01, 2012
*Coughs*
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 01, 2012
advocate666: i am loving me this godly fight.

666 Advocate, Whence comest thou
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by advocate666: 12:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
seriallink:

666 Advocate, Whence comest thou

From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. tongue
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
advocate666:

From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. tongue

Hope I'm not chatting with lucifer himself grin get behind me Satan!
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by advocate666: 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
seriallink:

Hope I'm not chatting with lucifer himself grin get behind me Satan!

My name is Legion: for we are many.
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by mollie12: 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
italo: I still think its hypocritical to take a position that accuses me of standing by my faith and criticizing other faith...and then criticize my faith. Except you are about to change the definition of HYPOCRISY.

As regards your "Queen of Heaven" worries,

In Jeremiah 7:18, God is indeed upset with the Israelites for worshipping a false goddess called the "queen of heaven". However, just because God rebuked them for worshipping the false queen of heaven, doesn't mean that we cannot pay honor to the true Queen of Heaven...the Blessed Mother.
That type of thinking would lead you to believe that just because people worship a false god that they call "god," we, therefore, should not call the true God, by that same name...God...because that's the same title the idolaters use for their god! That is faulty logic and it makes no sense whatsoever.

Again, the fact that there is a false "queen of heaven", does not lead to the conclusion that we worship a false goddess when we call Mary the "Queen of Heaven." Just as the fact that there is a false "god", does not lead to the conclusion that we worship a false god when we call our Father in Heaven, God.

And there is a true Queen of Heaven, we see this quite clearly in Revelation 12:1, "And a great portent appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars..." Let's see. There's a woman...she's in Heaven...and she has a crown on her head. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the maid! No! It is the true Queen of Heaven, Mary, the mother of the male child who is to rule the nations.

We do not worship Mary, we honor her, just as Jesus honors her. So, there is absolutely nothing wrong, from a scriptural point of view, in calling Mary the Queen of Heaven, and in honoring her just as Jesus honors her.

Guy, the woman being referred to in Revelations is the church. You know the church is referred to with female gender. If you read the rest of the scripture you'll see it fits in with that profile and not that of Mary's.

There is no real justification for the Roman catholic doctrines in scripture, that is, if you read the bible the right side up.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by italo: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2012
mollie12:

Guy, the woman being referred to in Revelations is the church. You know the church is referred to with female gender. If you read the rest of the scripture you'll see it fits in with that profile and not that of Mary's.

Okay, let me obey you and read "the rest" of the Scripture.

Rev 12: 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.”[a] And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

So is it the Church that gave birth to Jesus Christ?

mollie12: There is no real justification for the Roman catholic doctrines in scripture, that is, if you read the bible the right side up.

I will believe this only if you can prove it to me. Can you read Rev 12:5 "right side up" and tell me if the woman that gave birth to the male child - JESUS - is the Church?
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 02, 2012
^^^ And was she referred to as the 'Queen of Heaven'? That title was known in the bible to refer to a pagan goddess, why would the catholic pope give mary such title knowing very well that it has pagan origin? Will a Christian be given a pagan or muslim name?

Scripture says :

2Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by italo: 10:00am On Nov 02, 2012
seriallink: ^^^ And was she referred to as the 'Queen of Heaven'?

Who are you asking about?

Is it the WOMAN that appeared in HEAVEN with a CROWN of twelve stars on her head?
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 02, 2012
italo:

Who are you asking about?

Is it the WOMAN that appeared in HEAVEN with a CROWN of twelve stars on her head?

Brah, you err again, that's a symbolic message! I'm coming back to edify you!
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by italo: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2012
Symbolic of what?
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by truthislight: 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
italo:

Okay, let me obey you and read "the rest" of the Scripture.

Rev 12: 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.”[a] And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

So is it the Church that gave birth to Jesus Christ?

I will believe this only if you can prove it to me. Can you read Rev 12:5 "right side up" and tell me if the woman that gave birth to the male child - JESUS - is the Church?

the woman is Yahweh's heavenly organization from where the baby came from.
Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by truthislight: 6:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
seriallink: ^^^ And was she referred to as the 'Queen of Heaven'? That title was known in the bible to refer to a pagan goddess, why would the catholic pope give mary such title knowing very well that it has pagan origin? Will a Christian be given a pagan or muslim name?

Scripture says :

2Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

the woman is not mary.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Must Now Censor Their Posts To Avoid Fight With Other Christians! by pastormustwacc: 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2012
This thread still dey? Una weldone o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Want To Hear From God Directly And Regularly? / Greedy Pastors, God’s Endtime Generals And The Nigerian Church, By FFK / What Manner Of Man Is Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.