Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,171 members, 7,910,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 09:20 PM

Mesmer[gw2] - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Mesmer[gw2] (1209 Views)

I've Really Enjoyed The Pvp Features In GW2 / [gw2]spear - Illusionary Mariner / [GW2] Heartbreaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mesmer[gw2] by tp6gw2: 4:47am On Nov 01, 2012
I remember throughout Beta everyone complaining that the mesmer was weak, underpowered and a buggy mess. On the bug front, they’ve made some good fixes and the fact Phantasms aren’t overridden by Illusions is a great change. What makes me smile now however is people have actually gotten to grips with the mesmers abilities and potency and are finally reaping rewards. Having played the mesmer for well over 400 hours there isn’t much I don’t know about it and while there are still some things that annoy, its in really great shape. There are however two things that I feel make it lurch towards the dreaded “Overpowered!” terriority. The first is Phantasm swapping and the fact that I can summon an Illusionary Swordsman and then swap to greatsword to summon Illusionary Berserker in a couple of seconds. With a high crit build, it isn’t uncommon for me to cause 10,000 damage within that time frame.

The fact I can then shatter them or hit my foe with a leap/blurred frenzy combo makes it all the more potent. Factoring in that Phantasms are fire and forget skills that require no aiming or thought leaves me a little uncomfortable at times at how powerful weapon swapping is to the mesmer. The second issue I have is portal because this single skill is making mesmers a crutch for all tournament teams and is having a devastating impact on the point capture meta game. Instant trebuchet repairs and instant traversal across the map (made even worse with two mesmers) makes the game almost impossible for those teams who haven’t brought a mesmer. While you can argue “kill the mesmer!” it really isn’t an easy task when most mesmer’s utilise the staff and cloak skills to full effect. I would go as far as to say it’s like catching a fly with chopsticks.

Still on the subject of portals, why don’t they have a 5 player limit? Portalling groups of 50+ people around World versus World make the profession the crutch of effective groups. I can’t help but think if all other skills have a 5 player effect limit, why don’t the mesmers?
read more: http://www.guildwars2gold.org/

http://www.diablo3gold-sale.com/

(1) (Reply)

E3-flasher Needed In Abuja URGENTLY!!! / Neat White Ps3 Slim For Sale!!!! / Pro Evolution Super Eagles Players Physique Settings (PS2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.