Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,155 members, 7,946,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:08 AM

Why The Super Eagles Failed To Fly - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why The Super Eagles Failed To Fly (755 Views)

Nigeria Super Eagles failed 2 Qualify For AFCON 2015 / Malawi May Be Unable To Fly To Nigeria / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Super Eagles Failed To Fly by Larufa(m): 3:37pm On Jan 29, 2008
To someone with a little technical and analytical knowlegde of football, the failure of the Nigeria team at the ongoing Africa Nations Cup will not come as a surprise. Right from the release of the player list to the choice of Camp --Malaga, all the wobbling and fobbling is certain. The weather of the Malaga is very different from that of Senkode (Ghana).
The max and min temperatures of Malaga are 19oC and 7oC while that of Sekonde are 30oC and 27oC. Why camp is a cold environment when you are going to play all your matches in a hot environment?

(Remember our world qualifier match against Angola player in Kano).

This is the main reasons why all our players get tired easily, less mobile and take alot of water during the matches so far played.
Re: Why The Super Eagles Failed To Fly by peterarc(m): 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2008
[b]super eagles have no coach, maybe a technical adviser o[/b]r addresser

right from the process that betty vogts came in, i knew there was something fundamentally wrong and we can only achieve anything with "miracles" not necessarily because of coaching expertise. it seemed to me that our nigerians at the glass house where at it again the "nigerian way" of awarding contracts to non performers and collecting 80% of the money before signing the cheque. otherwise why should one hire a coach that is not even a second class to coach the best national team in africa, operaiting from his country as if it was just a stone throw away.

also, i've always been of the opinion that kanu's days in the senior team are over. he should be the coach by now. thanks to the injury that made him play that role, if not nigeria never stood any chance of progressing against its last group opponent in the afcon. vogts is paying some people for being there so he shouldn't be disturbed and he knows that,

i expected after the problem that led to sani lulu's entry, nfa should have had better ideas by now. the best teams in the world still use local coaches, and i wonder if in a population of over 150 million we cannot find a good coach for the senior team? of course we do have because yemi tella showed its possible,

football is nigerian so you guys should be careful. i stoped watching super eagles live matches over ten years ago because of this "glass house politics" that robs of on their perfomance, please, let vogts be the last mistake, though it wasn't really a mistake but some people's business.

thank you

(1) (Reply)

Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? / RETROSPECT FIFA U-17 & U-20 2010! / Super Falcons To Play Finland In Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.