Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,244 members, 7,947,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo (16342 Views)

Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation / Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by LailaIkeji1: 10:31am On Nov 01, 2012
DISTURBED by the high level of immorality it has caused among Imo people, the State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, has ordered the immediate closure of all clubs where women dance in the nude.

Briefing journalists on Tuesday in Owerri, the state capital, Okorocha regretted that the state had been turned into ‘Sodom and Gomorrah’ of the Bible where young girls dance completely naked in the clubs at night, threatening to deal with any such club operator who fails to carry the order.

He said: “This administration will not tolerate any lawlessness any more. We notice some lawlessness in the state and this government will deal ruthlessly with anybody found to be exposing our young girls. Enough of this nonsense.”

It was discovered by The Guardian that several nude clubs operate in many parts of Owerri with certain days designated for particular activities, such as dancing with their pants on, or completely naked.

The governor, who noted that such clubs were havens for criminals, directed immediate enforcement of the law on demolition of any house found to be a hideout for kidnappers.

While commending security operatives in the state for rescuing a five- year- old baby from kidnappers,who stormed a village in Isiala Mbano, he urged the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Adisa Bolanta, to direct his men to work harder to secure the state during the festive period.

Also speaking, Bolanta said the command has successfully apprehended three suspects who allegedly masterminded the murder of the ruler of Umueze Abazu Ogwa, Mbaitoli Local Council, Eze Stanley Akuneto, last May, adding that they had been arraigned in court.

Bolanta also assured the family of the abducted Permanent Secretary in the office of the Deputy Governor of the state, Emenike Ihekwuaba , of the preparedness to track down his kidnappers and that from all indications, he was still alive in their den.

“We were able to trace them. Victims are highly-placed citizens of this state,” he said.

The commissioner also said about two kidnap victims were rescued in Otulu, Oru East Council while five suspected kidnappers were arrested.

He regretted that those who abducted the five-year- old child were taking her to Zamfara for ritual purposes.

He promised Imo people of continued efforts to rid the state of criminals, criminals, especially during this festive season.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103357:okorocha-knocks-out-nude-clubs-in-imo-&catid=3:metro&Itemid=558

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Afam4eva(m): 10:37am On Nov 01, 2012
This is a step in the right direction. I hope Okija Juju will commend this good work by Rochas grin
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Abagworo(m): 11:46am On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva: This is a step in the right direction. I hope Okija Juju will commend this good work by Rochas grin

I'm not in support of the demolition of strip clubs. That's part of civilization. Religionists might call it what they can but aren't we seeing gay marriages nowadays? Such businesses should be given a specific age restricted area to operate.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Nov 01, 2012
Abagworo:

I'm not in support of the demolition of strip clubs. That's part of civilization. Religionists might call it what they can but aren't we seeing gay marriages nowadays? Such businesses should be given a specific age restricted area to operate.
Anything that's not permitted by the law of the land should made made away with.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva: This is a step in the right direction. I hope Okija Juju will commend this good work by Rochas grin
hmm! I hope so too.
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by bashr8: 12:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abagworo:

unfortunately you are right but why should we rate civilization the same way westerners do, knowing how we abuse everything we copy am not sure we are ready for all that.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by ballabriggs: 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hypocrites!!!

Okorocha knows he wants some strip tease, but his status won't allow.

Na jealousy go kill all of them.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by GARRIx7(m): 12:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs: Hypocrites!!!

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by ACM10: 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dancing unclad in a night club is not a culture associated with Ndigbo. Surely it is a culture adopted from the Mba-mmiris and their neighbours or westerners. I'm in support of regulated prostitution(since it cannot be stopped), but I'm staunchly against this lifestyle which debase the dignity of our young girls.

13 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
Good call...the rise in indecency in this country should be stemmed. But i am surprised this is coming from him,i thought he was the "gyration" kind of man
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nairaland and its archaic terms"unclad"will heavens fall if the word n.a.ked is written manliness,being intimate...etc?
or will Nigeria become more righteous.i really want to know what is behind the rationale

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
ok...I hope the governor finds work for the girls. in his bedroom tongue

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Jubal01: 12:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
Na wash!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by ghettodreamz(m): 12:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
Jubal01: Na wash!

Hen Ehn ?
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
Now those Imo girls that have gone back to their state would return back to lagos. Smh

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by ghettodreamz(m): 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
saxywale: ok...I hope the governor finds work for the girls. in his bedroom tongue

Thou shalt not commit adultery grin
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Kslib(m): 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Good move!! The rate at which we copy westerners and their activities still baffles me.. I am still wondering why we haven't started celebrating "Halloween".. Na only negative things we sabi copy..we see technology,we no gree copy,na naked dancing we see to copy...

14 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by PointB: 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abagworo:

While I don't agree that the strip clubs should be demolished, I don't see what is 'civilized' in dancing naked like our ancestors, or gay marriages. I believe those who break the law, should be made to face the full wrath of it! And that include the strip dancers, and the openly gay!
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by gwas(m): 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
Would that reduce fuel price?? Would that fix our dilapidated roads? Would that make our girls virtuous? NO! Irrelevant!
People that visit strip club do that at their own will, not that anyone mandate them to visit.

13 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Abagworo(m): 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs: Hypocrites!!!

Straight on point bros. Rochas is only trying to please the people and score cheap political point.
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Revealedtv(m): 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by hardbody: 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
The only outcome of this is that the strip clubs will be further driven underground, made a lot more expensive and only the bigger boys will be able to find where there are and go there to satisfy their desires. If you doubt this, ask Fashola and co, all teh strip clubs i ever knew in Lagos, particularly off and along Allen avenue are still functioning, a few changed their names and started charging higher, but all the trips are still there.

Okorocha is probably doing well ( i deliberately do not follow 9ja politrics) however i think he should do a lot more in those areas that will affect the citizenry positively.

If a young lady decides that is how best to live her life, i have no qualms about it, if a man (either young or old) decides to patronize an existing market, good for him. Its all perception.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Abagworo(m): 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
Kslib: Good move!! The rate at which we copy westerners and their activities still baffles me.. I am still wondering why we haven't started celebrating "Halloween".. Na only negative things we sabi copy..we see technology,we no gree copy,na naked dancing we see to copy...

Where in Nigeria are you? Halloween is now a big event at least in Port Harcourt, Abuja and Owerri.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by PointB: 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
gwas: Would that reduce fuel price?? Would that fix our dilapidated roads? Would that make our girls virtuous? NO! Irrelevant!
People that visit strip club do that at their own will, not that anyone mandate them to visit.

Don't be too sure that some of those girls strip on the own volition. In this era of kidnapping, and human trafficking, anything is possible. This sooner this evil is stopped from festering, the better for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by SamMilla1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
As soon as you vote this people into power , all they do is order and order.
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by jossy26: 12:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
How does dis reduce fuel pump price to 97naira?
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Kslib(m): 12:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abagworo:

Where in Nigeria are you? Halloween is now a big event at least in Port Harcourt, Abuja and Owerri.
Nice joke..

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Homar(m): 1:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
Rochas you hediot how can you give 70% of non-imolite admission and give your own state 30% all in the name of free education in imsu . You think jambites are happy with you .

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
ehie: Nairaland and its archaic terms"unclad"will heavens fall if the word n.a.ked is written manliness,being intimate...etc?
or will Nigeria become more righteous.i rally want to know what is behind the rationale
grin
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by yuzedo: 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
(۳º̩̩́_º̩̩̀)۳ NOOOOOO...!!!

WHY LORD, WHY?! cry

Is it because these grandstanding sanctimonous politicians do not need to visit these enclaves of "harmless" sin, rather they have fresh university undergraduates delivered to them straight at their sin parties in hotels and government guest houses + all their parties in South Africa and other exotic locations abroad that they think we don't know about? undecided angry
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by Feraz(m): 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
ehie: Nairaland and its archaic terms"unclad"will heavens fall if the word n.a.ked is written manliness,being intimate...etc?
or will Nigeria become more righteous.i rally want to know what is behind the rationale
the thing tire me sef......my subconscious is beginning to adapt to those words that nl has changed....when discussing with people, I sometimes say the nl word out and they're like "what are you saying?"....lol....if this will bring back some moral values in the society, then it's a good move....flavour get luck say no be imo state im open im own club...e for don be....
Re: Okorocha Knocks Out Nude Clubs In Imo by ciphoenix: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
It shouldn't really bother anybody if there're strip clubs, as long as there're regulations in place to keep minors away

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Blames Economic Woes On Past Leaders / Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo / BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.